Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2307544 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abigailsuberu: 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
timmyfg:
Please has anyone receive update on tourist visa. My application has been pending since February 28,2020

Are you eligible for authorization to travel?
If yes, you should use the webform dedicated to Covid exemptions.
If not, you’re just gonna have to keep waiting.
It really sucks. I’m sorry
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abigailsuberu: 7:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
Mami1:
Hello House,

Please any thoughts on how to hasten visit visa, the authorization to travel was denied.

And this means my family could be in for a longgggg thing with IRCC.

Hmm, I don’t think there’s anything you can do.
Did they tell you why your request was denied?
If it’s something you can fix and resubmit, maybe give that a shot.
If you just don’t qualify for authorization to travel, homie, I think you’ll just have to wait until all travel restrictions are lifted.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abigailsuberu: 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
Izulink:
Please house when the status of application change are they going to send email to me?'or is it to my application page please i want kno because i did my application since January 21 and biometric also since then no mail recieve.

Ideally, you’ll get an email notifying you that there’s a change on your application.
However, you may not get one. At least ,I didn’t.
Maybe log into your IRCC account every couple of days just to check.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abigailsuberu: 7:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
prettymee:

Thank u guys......except well u know urself�

Just a quick one ....I wanted to use an agent for my application but d guy dey nack me 250k bill,so I decided to apply myself.

He mentioned he needed the following from my sis:

Proof of relationship
both sisters birth certificates

3 months Bank statement

Letter of invitation
letter of Purpose
Letter of support

PR card

Please how do I go about d letters?I hear she needs to get a letter from d canadian govt.Kindly advise.....thank u in advance.

I think you can find samples of invitation letters on the internet.
Letter of purpose is just you telling them your reason for going to Canada. Google some samples and make sure of how to address the letter.
I’m not sure what a letter is support it. Sorry, can’t help you there �
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrsecman: 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Upeople: 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2021
Mrsecman:
Hi guys,

I have a question, please. I will be travelling from Lagos to Canada and have layovers in two Schengen countries (France and Amsterdam). Someone said I would need a visa to transit in between two Schengen countries. How true is this? Have you ever had layovers in two European countries before connecting to Canada or the USA?

I will appreciate it if anyone can confirm this. Thanks
Yeah you need a transit visa if you have layovers in two countries in Europe.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2021
So, no update still... Na wa o
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Motheexplorer: 4:40am On Jul 21, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I literally just found out about this request for authorization to travel and a little bit of hope has been restored. I have a pending application since November 2020 and I fall under the extended family exempt category. My brother lives in Canada with his family and my daughter is also Canadian. I’ll be sending in my application this week using all the tips I’ve read here and will update on how it goes. I’ve seen that apart from the notarized statutory declaration, my birth certificate and my brothers & perhaps a quarantine plan will also help my application? Is there anything else I’m missing outside the usual (Biodata page, drivers license etc?) Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping they give a positive response.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Infiosa: 3:28am On Jul 22, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUk6DTAFr6Q
Canada is reopening its borders to all travellers by September. Check out the link above.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumideola: 8:52am On Jul 22, 2021
Hello Everyone,

My mum just received passport request for her Tourist Visa. I'm looking for direction on how to send her passport to VFS office in Lagos (she lives in Osun). I know I can send her passport, ppr letter and other docs via DHL or UPS. I'm not sure if I'm missing other steps, such as VFS fees and how to pay that.

Will appreciate your help.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 11:54am On Jul 22, 2021
timmyfg:
Please has anyone receive update on tourist visa. My application has been pending since February 28,2020
I think how quick the process is depends on where you are applying from. You can check the canadian government immigration website to have an idea on the time it takes to process Canadian TRV application submitted in different countries .
I started my own TRV application in may 2021 , did biometrics June 2021 and got passport request mail last week and I have gotten my passport with visa stamped this week ( July). Please note I applied from a country in the E.U.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2021
Wow.... can you imagine.... and we that applied from Nigeria are just waiting hopelessly....

mrprolifik:

I think how quick the process is depends on where you are applying from. You can check the canadian government immigration website to have an idea on the time it takes to process Canadian TRV application submitted in different countries .
I started my own TRV application in may 2021 , did biometrics June 2021 and got passport request mail last week and I have gotten my passport with visa stamped this week ( July). Please note I applied from a country in the E.U.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 22, 2021
Please did you need medicals?

mrprolifik:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
Mami1:
Please did you need medicals?

No I didn't do medicals
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abigailsuberu: 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2021
[quote author=olumideola post=103962597]Hello Everyone,

My mum just received passport request for her Tourist Visa. I'm looking for direction on how to send her passport to VFS office in Lagos (she lives in Osun). I know I can send her passport, ppr letter and other docs via DHL or UPS. I'm not sure if I'm missing other steps, such as VFS fees and how to pay that.

Will appreciate your help.

VFS will send you an email with instructions. If they don’t, send them an email asking for instructions at
Canadang@vfsglobal.com or canadang@vfshelpline.com
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bbol: 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Yinkkss: 1:11am On Jul 23, 2021
https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/ybGGCZ00

Ladies and Gentlemen, kindly participate in this survey "Examining the Factors Responsible for Young Nigerians Emigrating to Canada in recent years". It's for my data lead africa project. Kindly feel free to share this survey link with your colleagues & associates.
Kind regards.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumideola: 6:34am On Jul 23, 2021
Hello @Bbol.

Due to the pandemic, there's a special form for requesting for expedited processing for immediate family members. See here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

My mum's visa got approved less than a week after she filled the webforms.

Bbol:
Please when did you apply for the TRV. My Mum's application is still pending despite my emails and webforms.

thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bbol: 2:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chiall: 6:03pm On Jul 23, 2021
mrprolifik:

I'm guessing you applied from ITALY.

Congratulations.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iamblessed007: 9:30pm On Jul 24, 2021
Hello my people, i am a PR here in canada. i applied for TRV for my mum, under proof of relationship, i added my mum birth cert, instead of putting my own. I have filled a webform and attached my PR card and Birth cert and also explained that i made a mistake of adding my mum birth cert instead of mine. i would like to know if this webform is enough to tell the VO that i would like to use update my proof of relationship or should i also send an email? If yes, can you pls tell me which email to send the docs (PR card and my birth cert) to so that they can update her application. thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omonoba1981(f): 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2021
when inviting your parent for visit, what is the best approach. Heard it takes forever. Heard some still have application since last year.

Someone just said IRCC has a different portal for family, not sure how valid is that.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Izulink: 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
Chiall:
I'm guessing you applied from ITALY.

Congratula
tions.
Congratulations. But did u live in that country.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 11:10pm On Jul 25, 2021
Izulink:

Congratulations. But did u live in that country.
I am a permanent resident of the country.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 1:04am On Jul 26, 2021
Omonoba1981:
when inviting your parent for visit, what is the best approach. Heard it takes forever. Heard some still have application since last year.

Someone just said IRCC has a different portal for family, not sure how valid is that.

Cic website has the list of those that qualifies as immediate family member and steps to follow when applying.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omonoba1981(f): 3:03am On Jul 26, 2021
Parents seems to be in that category. But couldn't get information with special application process
maziude:

Cic website has the list of those that qualifies as immediate family member and steps to follow when applying.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omonoba1981(f): 3:12am On Jul 26, 2021
Further reading,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa/portal-application-process.html

Its seems parent might not qualify to use the IRCC Portal

maziude:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2021
Omonoba1981:
Further reading,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa/portal-application-process.html

Its seems parent might not qualify to use the IRCC Portal

They should apply normally.

Then whoever is their relative and n Canada will send an email to a particular email address used for immediate family processing.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omonoba1981(f): 1:24am On Jul 27, 2021
Thanks @Maziude

maziude:

They should apply normally.

Then whoever is their relative and n Canada will send an email to a particular email address used for immediate family processing.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Horlamidei(m): 7:04am On Jul 27, 2021
My mom is set to apply for her canada pr. She has me and my junior sister in all her documents as her only 2children, no family member with her in ontario Canada where she stays. She works and stays alone.

I will clock 29years this December which I think makes me above the age of been a dependent child.

Her worries now is how to get me and my other sibling to Canada.

Please is there anyway or pathway to migrate to join her as am still battling with this ielts stuff??!

I even asked her if there's anyway she can process me to get a pr as she has already declared me and my sister has the only children and family member she has.

Please, any way or pathway even if na visitation sef??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sholaystar4me(m): 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
Has she applied for you and your sis once before turning 29 or before entering the cut off age for dependent child? If your application has been submitted before entering the cut off age, I think they might still consider you, but if she just wants to apply now, that I am not sure.

But you can explore study route though, it is faster if your application is solid or Express entry, which is relatively slow.

MODIFIED
I read it again, and I see your mom is just applying for her own PR in Canada, I really have no clue as to how that works, but I think people do apply directly for their family once they get notification to apply for PR themselves, but with your age thrown into the equation, I really don't know bro. However, still consider study route and express entry as stated earlier. I hope someone more knowledgeable about the process comes to your aid soon.

Horlamidei:
My mom is set to apply for her canada pr. She has me and my junior sister in all her documents as her only 2children, no family member with her in ontario Canada where she stays. She works and stays alone.

I will clock 29years this December which I think makes me above the age of been a dependent child.

Her worries now is how to get me and my other sibling to Canada.

Please is there anyway or pathway to migrate to join her as am still battling with this ielts stuff??!

I even asked her if there's anyway she can process me to get a pr as she has already declared me and my sister has the only children and family member she has.

Please, any way or pathway even if na visitation sef??

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.