Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,737 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2312273 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 3:45am On Nov 14, 2021
I don't think the bolded is entirely true as it stands on certain pre-conditions.

Perhaps, we should inquire first to see if applicants are eligible before directing them to the new portal as it appears that the new portal is not open to all applicants.

Seems you will be directed to the old portal if you answer "None of the above" when you begin the process. Also seems they did not advise everybody to re-apply as they were pre-conditions stated which you have to pass before re-applying.

Please advise.

Rocketninja:

Have you tried reapplying on the new portal? You're supposed to apply again if you applied before 7th of September. Try to apply again, hopefully it'll be faster this time.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Orange1234: 9:13pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hello everyone. Please for those who have applied for visiting visa before September i.e. May and are still awaiting decisions on their applications- are the visiting visa applicants supposed to forfeit the money they already paid and existing application then use this new IRCC portal account to create a new visiting visa application, re-attach the initial documents they submitted and pay another fee to process a fresh application? I'm just trying to gain clarity of what is expected.

Also did you receive an e-mail from IRCC or a status message in your profile from the old application GCKey platform informing you to create a new application?

Thanks.

GraciousWords:

To access the new IRCC portal, first get an invite code here:

https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

Then sign up to the portal here:

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

This portal is only for visitor and study visa, separate from GC Key and your general IRCC account.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mercy445: 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hello Debbie eee
Please your friend that applied for work permit with her spouse I believe they did work permit directly please do you know when they did biometrics? or applied, I have someone waiting...please
Debbieeeeeee:

A friend and her partner who applied for work permit got their passports back within 6 days, they sent to Abuja but had biometrics done in Lagos, when I get ppr it’s definitely Abuja way for me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Efeosa5(f): 1:06am On Nov 15, 2021
Hi there,

Sorry to bug u again, but I have a quick question
Is it okay to put 0 as the account balance? That my sister in canada will sponsor fully?
purplerain:
We won't know the validity of visa until their passport is stamped and returned. They're currently preparing to submit passports for stamping. Yes, I applied by myself. If your sister is a citizen, PR/TR then it should take about 30 business days to process your application using the new IRCC portal.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jayeolaifeoluwa: 9:56am On Nov 15, 2021
Hello house, pls, what did you upload as Proof of Travel Exemption on the new IRCC Portal for visitors visa. Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Orofun1: 10:25am On Nov 15, 2021
Orange1234:
Hello everyone. Please for those who have applied for visiting visa before September i.e. May and are still awaiting decisions on their applications- are the visiting visa applicants supposed to forfeit the money they already paid and existing application then use this new IRCC portal account to create a new visiting visa application, re-attach the initial documents they submitted and pay another fee to process a fresh application? I'm just trying to gain clarity of what is expected.

Also did you receive an e-mail from IRCC or a status message in your profile from the old application GCKey platform informing you to create a new application?

Thanks.

the new application portal is not working, I have been trying to log in for about 3 days now to complete my application but it kept showing error

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jayeolaifeoluwa: 11:37am On Nov 15, 2021
same here.

the new application portal is not working, I have been trying to log in for about 3 days now to complete my application but it kept showing error

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Orofun1: 12:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
I even asked a friend in Canada to check for me it's the same problem
Jayeolaifeoluwa:
same here.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aloskyyoung: 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2021
Do you mean you are unable to login the new IRCC portal at all or you are unable to complete the application you started on the portal.

The reason why I am asking is because, i have been login in my own application for the past 14 days (Daily) to check the status of my application and I am able to access it everyday.

This is the link I used to login—> https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Orofun1: 1:21pm On Nov 15, 2021
I am unable to complete my application, I was at the point of paying when I realized my debit card was not with me so I thought I will pay when I get home, since then no way
aloskyyoung:
Do you mean you are unable to login the new IRCC portal at all or you are unable to complete the application you started on the portal.

The reason why I am asking is because, i have been login in my own application for the past 14 days (Daily) to check the status of my application and I am able to access it everyday.

This is the link I used to login—> https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jayeolaifeoluwa: 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
unable to complete the application i started. pls, what did you upload as proof of travel exemption?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aloskyyoung: 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
Orofun1:
I am unable to complete my application, I was at the point of paying when I realized my debit card was not with me so I thought I will pay when I get home, since then no way

In this case, I don’t know what could cause that, I was thinking you are unable to sign in to the portal at all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aloskyyoung: 1:42pm On Nov 15, 2021
Jayeolaifeoluwa:
unable to complete the application i started. pls, what did you upload as proof of travel exemption?

I didn’t upload proof of travel exemption because I didn’t have any relative there and I choose that I was travelling as a Tourist.

I guess proof of travel exemption is for people who are reuniting with family member.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bbetter: 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
same here. I am trying to apply for my husband from Canada and it was not working. i thought maybe i am wrong to try to apply from here. i got him to try and since two days, it has not worked. i even tried to see if i can create a new one and still same error. Gosh! pls if you have had such an issue and resolved it, kindly post tips here. Thanks in advance
Jayeolaifeoluwa:
same here.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by alexie49(m): 2:38pm On Nov 15, 2021
I have applied for business vacation/pleasure/visiting and did Biometric since December 2020, nothing yet since then.

Nothing to do as no changes in my status regarding the condition to reapply.

It's boring already.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aamabel: 5:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
Jayeolaifeoluwa:
Hello house, pls, what did you upload as Proof of Travel Exemption on the new IRCC Portal for visitors visa. Thank you.

I attached invitation letter from my husband to show I'm travelling for family reunification and also my vaccination card.
I hope this helps.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aggese(m): 9:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
Please I need assistance my family friend just got a mail that she should submit her passport please is she required to add any other document apart from the mail and is she suppose to send to vfs through DHL
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rocketninja: 10:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
Please what's her timeline?

aggese:
Please I need assistance my family friend just got a mail that she should submit her passport please is she required to add any other document apart from the mail and is she suppose to send to vfs through DHL
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 11:08pm On Nov 15, 2021
The instructions are on the PPR letter.
aggese:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bbetter: 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
the system issue has been resolved and I have been able to complete my husbands application. hope you find this info useful. best of luck everyone.
Bbetter:
same here. I am trying to apply for my husband from Canada and it was not working. i thought maybe i am wrong to try to apply from here. i got him to try and since two days, it has not worked. i even tried to see if i can create a new one and still same error. Gosh! pls if you have had such an issue and resolved it, kindly post tips here. Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yvonneigwe: 4:49am On Nov 16, 2021
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yvonneigwe: 4:53am On Nov 16, 2021
Could you please share the link to the authorization webform? Thank you
adeluv92:

PS: I also submitted a second authorization webform exactly a week before we got a PPR request.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkeennyy: 8:46am On Nov 16, 2021
Hello, please I need help. I got PPR and then dispatched my passport through DHL who have confirmed delivery since friday but I am yet to get any email acknowledging receipt of my passport. What do I need to do?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 9:48am On Nov 16, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Honestly I’m just as new as you are, but let me just give a quick run through. When you’re filling the form on the website they’ll ask if you’ve been to the USA and Canada all that, the answer you give determines the next question you’ll get. So in my case I filled yes and all my past trips to the usa so it didn’t ask me for anything out Of the blues.
I was asked how much I’ll be travelling with
Who will sponsor my trip
Purpose of visit
Travel history in the last five years
If I’ve been denied visa to the USA or any country before
Work history
If I’ll be arriving Canada by air
Personal history from the age of 18 till date
Scanned copies of my biodata and visa and that was all.
Next day after thinking this thing was too good to be this true and I had just obtained copies of banks statements for myself and hubz the same day, I decided to do a webform (I think this is either oversabi or unbelief of the ease) I added my bank statements, husbands bank’s statements and biodata, sponsorship letter from husband, covid19 vaccination card showing I was recently fully vaccinated, documentation pertaining to my main aim of wanting to visit Canada as a tourist and that was all.
24 hours after on the 22nd of October I got Biometrics request, I went for the biometrics on the 25th(Monday) this was updated immediately on the account. That’s the last update I’ve gotten so far, I’m not in a hurry to visit Canada at least not this year till next year February most likely so they can take their time but at least not all the time in the world.
I’ll share my timeline when I get ppr to give regular tourists without family in scandal an insight as to what timeframe obtains at the moment.
The plan for me too is to visit Canada for a few days during my next usa trip to at least survey where I want to relocate to and also attend what I’m going for.

Apply via the portal and you’ll see the magic I’m talking about
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/home?lang=en
This is the link to the portal.
If you have problems going in via the link direct you can begin from here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/visitor-visa-application-start-2.html

Good morning debbiee

Please I wanted to apply for Canada, when you got the biometric request ? Did you book appointment at vfs before you go for biometric or you just go directly

Please guide me how you book for biometric and also did you submitted your passport on the day of your biometric or they will request for it when is time .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 10:30am On Nov 16, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:

Good morning debbiee

Please I wanted to apply for Canada, when you got the biometric request ? Did you book appointment at vfs before you go for biometric or you just go directly

Please guide me how you book for biometric and also did you submitted your passport on the day of your biometric or they will request for it when is time .

BIOMETRICS

Requirement for BIL

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment#

Go with
(1) International passport
(2) 2 photocopies of your datapage. Write your email address and mobile number at the top of both pages.
(3) Print the IRCC letter of Biometrics
(4) Print the Confirmation of biometrics appointment sent to you by vfs.
(5) Pen to fill a form.
You are good to go.

In addition to the above, Canada Biometrics submission center is upstairs when u get to VFS office.
Meet the security at the entrance who will issue a ticket to you, then u will be directed to another security guard who will issue 2 consent forms for you to fill. After filling the forms, wait till ur ticket number is called. It's at the counter u will submit all the documents you came with including the form you just filled. Ur documents will be placed in a pouch and you will be directed to where ur Biometrics will be taken.

After this, ur CIC profile will be updated same day.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 10:31am On Nov 16, 2021
kkeennyy:
Hello, please I need help. I got PPR and then dispatched my passport through DHL who have confirmed delivery since friday but I am yet to get any email acknowledging receipt of my passport. What do I need to do?
Wait till they acknowledge. That’s Lagos vfs for you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkeennyy: 11:21am On Nov 16, 2021
Thanks Debieeeee, the acknowledgment came through just now. Do you know how long it takes to get the passport back?

Debbieeeeeee:

Wait till they acknowledge. That’s Lagos vfs for you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 12:56pm On Nov 16, 2021
goldfinder:

Hi Eddy / Purplelain,
Please I just received my Passport request letter this morning with respect to my Canada Visitors visa application.
I'm planning to visit the Visa Application letter tomorrow to submit my passport.
Are you saying in-person submission is not allowed and what are the requirements to go with?

Thank you.

Please goldfinder

Please how long did you submitted your application online before you received your passport request letter ?

Please update do you submit your passport in-person or through courier
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

BIOMETRICS

Requirement for BIL

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment#

Go with
(1) International passport
(2) 2 photocopies of your datapage. Write your email address and mobile number at the top of both pages.
(3) Print the IRCC letter of Biometrics
(4) Print the Confirmation of biometrics appointment sent to you by vfs.
(5) Pen to fill a form.
You are good to go.

In addition to the above, Canada Biometrics submission center is upstairs when u get to VFS office.
Meet the security at the entrance who will issue a ticket to you, then u will be directed to another security guard who will issue 2 consent forms for you to fill. After filling the forms, wait till ur ticket number is called. It's at the counter u will submit all the documents you came with including the form you just filled. Ur documents will be placed in a pouch and you will be directed to where ur Biometrics will be taken.

After this, ur CIC profile will be updated same day.

Thank you very much Debbie

Do they going to collect our international passport from us? Because I read here when people said they got a letter for passport request for submission? Or they are opt to keep my passport ?

Please clear me on this ?

Do you have ideas how long the visa processing for new portal now ?

Because if I want to apply now i will mention my travel date ? Also I want to use it to calculate when I will stated that I'm travel for tourist?

Lastly I mine going to write my travel itinerary like how we did for UK

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:

Thank you very much Debbie

Do they going to collect our international passport from us? Because I read here when people said they got a letter for passport request for submission? Or they are opt to keep my passport ?

Please clear me on this ?

Do you have ideas how long the visa processing for new portal now ?

Because if I want to apply now i will mention my travel date ? Also I want to use it to calculate when I will stated that I'm travel for tourist?

Lastly I mine going to write my travel itinerary like how we did for UK

Thanks
1) No they don’t collect international passport but the passport must be with you when you attend your biometrics

2) no I have no idea how long processing takes now but you can read a few pages back to see timelines of those who submitted post September 7 update

3) everyone’s application is different, I didn’t do an itinerary per se, I’m obtaining the visa for a reason and I stated it there and sent documentary evidence to support my claim. But you should do an itinerary it makes your plans tidy.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by donbabchizy(m): 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2021
Please I need someone to help me or put the through Canada visa application. I wan to travel with my wife and child.. how do I start this application and I want to do it right and possibly myself as I can't trust these agents anymore. Please anyone who can help would be appreciated. Thanks..08082184422
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

1) No they don’t collect international passport but the passport must be with you when you attend your biometrics

2) no I have no idea how long processing takes now but you can read a few pages back to see timelines of those who submitted post September 7 update

3) everyone’s application is different, I didn’t do an itinerary per se, I’m obtaining the visa for a reason and I stated it there and sent documentary evidence to support my claim. But you should do an itinerary it makes your plans tidy.

You always be helpful anytime we needs your help thanks very much Debbie

Due to I don't know specifics time the Canada tourist visa now, I'm planning to perfect my travel itinerary to Easter, now I'm about o fill the form I was asking to tell more about what I wanted to do in Canada include date?
And I believe that someone can apply 3 me nth before travel plan... I don't know how to calculate when my travel plan would be.

Please from what others have posted how long it took them to reply ?So i can know how I can plan my travel date

Please how do you package your travel plan ? how many month you apply ahead pls so I can write my itinerary

Thanks very much Debbie like you always did on Uk section

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: OTIK, NuCypher and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.