Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321023 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennykentipsy: 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hi everyone

For those who did Medicals how many days on an average does it take to get medical passed ?

Is there anyone who did Medicals on Nov10 or later and has his/her result passed ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 11:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
fairlytreated:
Anyone travelled recently with a visitor visa? What are the requirements? Spouse got visitor visa approval till the expiration of his passport in 2025.
Sorry is this the first time traveling to Canada ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mummy1964(f): 12:16am On Nov 20, 2021
I submitted since April this year. Till now I heard nothing. Status still showing application still in process since onset. Pls house what do 8 need to do?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Concate(f): 12:43am On Nov 20, 2021
Oh I see.
The BA flight has only 1 stop at London LHA and another BA flight from LHA to vancouver.

Do you think they might use a connection in the USA?

Please I need to know before booking.

Thanks.

Debbieeeeeee:

If you use BA You’ll most likely have a connection in the usa that’ll require a usa transit visa or visitors visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sam4774: 1:02am On Nov 20, 2021
BA is only taking study permits or actual citizens, visit visa and work permits are not allowed right now

Concate:
@sam4774

I'm curious to know why you said he should not use British Airways because I'm about to book a BA flight as it has the shortest travel time.

Kindly elaborate.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 3:06am On Nov 20, 2021
Concate:

Oh I see.
The BA flight has only 1 stop at London LHA and another BA flight from LHA to vancouver.

Do you think they might use a connection in the USA?

Please I need to know before booking.

Thanks.

Hi, so if it’s just a stop at LHR then you’re good. If it’s 2 stops (lhr & somewhere in the usa) then I’m afraid it won’t work. But since you’ve said it’s just one stop then it’ll work.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 3:09am On Nov 20, 2021
sam4774:
BA is only taking study permits or actual citizens, visit visa and work permits are not allowed right now

The ban is no longer in place and it was between London, Schengen states & the usa. But it’s now sorted. Canada opened too after sept 7

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 3:12am On Nov 20, 2021
kennykentipsy:
Hi everyone

For those who did Medicals how many days on an average does it take to get medical passed ?

Is there anyone who did Medicals on Nov10 or later and has his/her result passed ?
Good evening, please I’m just curious as to why visitors visas require Medicals because on that interface it says you do not require. Or did you apply for another sub-category that isn’t tourist? Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Concate(f): 7:48am On Nov 20, 2021
Thanks so much @Debbiee. It's just 1 stop at lhr.

Debbieeeeeee:

Hi, so if it’s just a stop at LHR then you’re good. If it’s 2 stops (lhr & somewhere in the usa) then I’m afraid it won’t work. But since you’ve said it’s just one stop then it’ll work.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fairlytreated: 8:42am On Nov 20, 2021
adveert002:

Sorry is this the first time traveling to Canada ?

Yes. Is there a specific reason for asking?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emelueobi(f): 10:39am On Nov 20, 2021
Visitor visa does not require Medicals but super visa ( visit greater than 6 months) requires Medicals.
Debbieeeeeee:

Good evening, please I’m just curious as to why visitors visas require Medicals because on that interface it says you do not require.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 1:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hi everyone,

We applied for my spouse's visit visa on November 10th using the new portal. We'd like to know if we require the authorization letter/form as the new portal didn't request that.

If yes, please how do we submit a AL request?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aamabel: 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
OloriOfMontreal:
Hi everyone,

We applied for my spouse's visit visa on November 10th using the new portal. We'd like to know if we require the authorization letter/form as the new portal didn't request that.

If yes, please how do we submit a AL request?

Thanks
If your spouse is a foreign national and travelling from a country other than US then your spouse needs a written authorization. Go through the link below, it will tell you if your spouse needs written authorization or not and how to go about it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2021
emelueobi:
Visitor visa does not require Medicals but super visa ( visit greater than 6 months) requires Medicals.
Oh okay , I thought as much that it was a supervisa, I just wanted to be sure . Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
Aamabel:

If your spouse is a foreign national and travelling from a country other than US then your spouse needs a written authorization. Go through the link below, it will tell you if your spouse needs written authorization or not and how to go about it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

Thank you so much ma'am for the prompt response.

We actually went through that link before applying and someone on this forum said written authorization was no longer required after September 7th. Also the following screenshots is where the confusion/contradiction actually is.

It appears that if the applicant is reuniting with a Canadian PR or Citizen they may not need a written authorization, however if they want to reunite with a temporary resident they need a written authorization (other countries outside of US), that's what I can deduce from the link and screenshot. But I may be wrong.

Regardless, I'll say maybe no harm in submitting a request so we will just go ahead and do so.

Thank you! smiley

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 5:17pm On Nov 20, 2021
Please kindly assist me I'm at the point of uploading my document on new Ircc portal , I have a 9 pages of my bank statement and others documents. I try to load my bank statement one by one but when I first load first page it loaded so I try to proceed to add the second page but what I'm seeing on the screen is seem that the pages is changing each I'm uploading it, there's Add or Change file so I try to pause to come and ask on the forum so I can be guided ?

I believe that those 2 pages of my bank statements show be indicate while I'm uploading it so I will know if is uploaded.

See the pictures attached below

Is it adding automatically or it's changing per pages

Or I will put the pages of my bank statement on one folder please I'm confused

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:
Please kindly assist me I'm at the point of uploading my document on new Ircc portal , I have a 9 pages of my bank statement and others documents. I try to load my bank statement one by one but when I first load first page it loaded so I try to proceed to add the second page but what I'm seeing on the screen is seem that the pages is changing each I'm uploading it, there's Add or Change file so I try to pause to come and ask on the forum so I can be guided ?

I believe that those 2 pages of my bank statements show be indicate while I'm uploading it so I will know if is uploaded.

See the pictures attached below

Is it adding automatically or it's changing per pages

Or I will put the pages of my bank statement on one folder please I'm confused

Under proof of funds,  you need to put all your bank statement (9 pages) and other supporting documents showing proof of funds into one document. You can put them all in word document, convert to PDF and use an online pdf compressor to reduce the size to 2MB.
Like you rightly pointed, uploading each page one after the other only overwrites the previous page.

In summary, you can only upload one file per document name.

Hope this helps!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2021
Dear gentle soul, merge the bank statements together as one file. While scanning choose the batch option if you’re using a Hp printer(Hp smart app).
Or rather download your statement from the bank app, it’ll be one file.
If you want to use multiple bank statements, use ilovepdf to merge the different files

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 5:53pm On Nov 20, 2021
OloriOfMontreal:

Under proof of funds,  you need to put all your bank statement (9 pages) and other supporting documents showing proof of funds into one document. You can put them all in word document, convert to PDF and use an online pdf compressor to reduce the size to 2MB.
Like you rightly pointed, uploading each page one after the other only overwrites the previous page.

Hope this helps!

Please bro have never done canada uploading before this is my first time . If I understand you my 9 pages and other documents that suppose to be under proof of funds should be in one file right ?

Please I have 9 pages and payslips for 6 month how can I put all this documents in one document name

Please Oloriof Montreal please can you do me a favour let me have your contact so I can call you here is

Please can you send me your contact through my email sir
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:
Dear gentle soul, merge the bank statements together as one file. While scanning choose the batch option if you’re using a Hp printer(Hp smart app).
If you want to use multiple bank statements, use ilovepdf to merge the different files

Please my sister you have been doing it from the beging even in Uk Section please share me your contact
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rocketninja: 9:59pm On Nov 20, 2021
Thanks a lot.
aloskyyoung:

According to a post here

For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International passport itself
- passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/pdf/consent-form.pdf

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aloskyyoung: 11:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
OloriOfMontreal:

Thank you so much ma'am for the prompt response.

We actually went through that link before applying and someone on this forum said written authorization was no longer required after September 7th. Also the following screenshots is where the confusion/contradiction actually is.

It appears that if the applicant is reuniting with a Canadian PR or Citizen they may not need a written authorization, however if they want to reunite with a temporary resident they need a written authorization (other countries outside of US), that's what I can deduce from the link and screenshot. But I may be wrong.

Regardless, I'll say maybe no harm in submitting a request so we will just go ahead and do so.

Thank you! smiley

When I checked the link now—> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

I think written authorisation is required to travel to CANADA and it seems only exempted travellers that have written authorisation are allowed to travel to CANADA now even if you are fully vaccinated (I may be wrong)

I am confused on this part as written authorisation wasn’t requested when I was submitting my application.

I will like to ask if there is anyone who have travelled to CANADA recently on the basis of TOURISM and NOT REUNIFICATION WITH FAMILY MEMBER without Written Authorisation

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 12:51am On Nov 21, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Thx debbiee have got one tools online that helped me to compressor and put the doc in one file accordingly

I really appreciate your Swift response ma
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 12:52am On Nov 21, 2021
OloriOfMontreal:

Hope this helps!

Thx Olori have got one tools online that helped me to compressor and put the doc in one file accordingly

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ucystan(f): 2:41am On Nov 21, 2021
Please, is anyone here applying for a canadian visa for the Lions Club Annual Convention?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 5:39am On Nov 21, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:

Thx debbiee have got one tools online that helped me to compressor and put the doc in one file accordingly

I really appreciate your Swift response ma
You’re welcome. I’m glad you’ve submitted now grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 10:10am On Nov 21, 2021
mercy445:
Hello Debbie eee
Please your friend that applied for work permit with her spouse I believe they did work permit directly please do you know when they did biometrics? or applied, I have someone waiting...please
They applied directly, end of June and yes they did biometrics. Work permit came out first week august.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 1:25am On Nov 22, 2021
Please I try to make a payment for Canada tourist visa and biometric fees online with my GTB master card but is showing declined please what that could be ? I have tried it several

The total is $185 Canadian dollar right or I mine going to pay in US dollars rate?

Is it 185 Canadian dollar I think the fees is something around 60k plus?

How much is this 185 Canadian dollar in Nigeria money?

What type of card can I use to make the payment? Because I'm using my GTB master card ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eddy4400: 2:28am On Nov 22, 2021
adeluv92:

Thanks for your detailed response.

I heard Abuja is faster than Lagos? Any truth to that? Because she did her biometrics in Lagos.

So I hear, my parents got their passports back from Abuja office after 4 business days. You can use Lagos if there's no hurry
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 5:49am On Nov 22, 2021
Please I try to make a payment for Canada tourist visa and biometric fees online with my GTB master card but is showing declined please what that could be ? I have tried it severally

The total is $185 Canadian dollar right or I mine going to pay in US dollars rate?

How much is this 185 Canadian dollar in Nigeria money ?

What type of card can I use to make the payment? Because I'm using my GTB master card ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RxOtunba: 7:05am On Nov 22, 2021
BA? Nope! BA won't have any connection with USA. Naija to London to Canada
Debbieeeeeee:

If you use BA You’ll most likely have a connection in the usa that’ll require a usa transit visa or visitors visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 7:43am On Nov 22, 2021
RxOtunba:
BA? Nope! BA won't have any connection with USA. Naija to London to Canada

Please I try to make a payment for Canada tourist visa and biometric fees online with my GTB master card but is showing declined please what that could be ? I have tried it severally

How much is this 185 Canadian dollar in Nigeria money ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: tblaze007(m), williamszooh and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.