Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2323897 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 9:38am On Nov 22, 2021
RxOtunba:
BA? Nope! BA won't have any connection with USA. Naija to London to Canada
Some flights have two connections, some have one.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Some flights have two connections, some have one.

Debbieeeeeee please how can I pay for my Visa fees and biometric online with my GTB master card? I was told that gtb as increased their monthly $ from $100 to $200.

But this is Canadian dollar and is not up to $200 and I wonder why is not going through ?

Please how much is the visa fees and biometric fees in Nigeria money ? I think is 60k plus ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 12:17pm On Nov 22, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:

Debbieeeeeee please how can I pay for my Visa fees and biometric online with my GTB master card? I was told that gtb as increased their monthly $ from $100 to $200.

But this is Canadian dollar and is not up to $200 and I wonder why is not going through ?

Please how much is the visa fees and biometric fees in Nigeria money ? I think is 60k plus ?

If your GTBank card isn’t going , try barter by flutter wave.
Can you try to use another GTBank card to pay first of all? Have you used your GTBank on an international site this month ?
Also do you have more than enough in that account you’re trying to use?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 12:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

If your GTBank card isn’t going , try barter by flutter wave.
Can you try to use another GTBank card to pay first of all? Have you used your GTBank on an international site this month ?
Also do you have more than enough in that account you’re trying to use?

I only used it to pay for tls package and I can't say is international persay?

Secondly please how much is the total of the money in Nigeria currency I mean visa fees and biometric? Because I have a certain card I'm using for online payment which I do transfer the certain money I needed into it.

Please how much you pay last time for visa fees and biometric in Nigeria money? So I will know if the money on my card is not sufficient?

Im having 61k on my GTB master card
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 12:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:

I only used it to pay for tls package and I can't say is international persay?

Secondly please how much is the total of the money in Nigeria currency I mean visa fees and biometric? Because I have a certain card I'm using for online payment which I do transfer the certain money I needed into it.

Please how much you pay last time for visa fees and biometric in Nigeria money? So I will know if the money on my card is not sufficient?

Im having 61k on my GTB master card
First of all, which of the TLS packages did you pay for ? Was the currency Naira or GBP?

The Naira equivalent will be determined by the bank rate for CAD for the day(rates vary by the day and may be static for a bit). I know GTBank started taking 480-$1 for about one month now but I don’t know about the recent CAD rate.
I paid my application fee in USD.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

First of all, which of the TLS packages did you pay for ? Was the currency Naira or GBP?

The Naira equivalent will be determined by the bank rate for CAD for the day(rates vary by the day and may be static for a bit). I know GTBank started taking 480-$1 for about one month now but I don’t know about the recent CAD rate.
I paid my application fee in USD.

I paid for prime time charges in Naira for 4 people.but for what I saw on onando rate of $185CAD is under 60,500 naira .

My concerns now is that why my GTB master card can't go is showing declined
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 1:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:

I paid for prime time charges in Naira for 4 people.but for what I saw on onando rate of $185CAD is under 60,500 naira .

My concerns now is that why my GTB master card can't go is showing declined

Oanda / XE are used by officers to convert your proof of funds. Banks don’t use Oanda to give rates. Create a virtual card to pay for your application or get someone else’s GTBank card to pay
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Oanda / XE are used by officers to convert your proof of funds. Banks don’t use Oanda to give rates. Create a virtual card to pay for your application or get someone else’s GTBank card to pay

Thank you very much for your kindness

Even online Google is not up to 61k

I have a domiciliary dollar account and dollar card maybe I will fund it.

But if I can pay with my GTB master card it would be better because of buying black market dollar lol

Thx very much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:

Thank you very much for your kindness

Even online Google is not up to 61k

I have a domiciliary dollar account and dollar card maybe I will fund it.

But if I can pay with my GTB master card it would be better because of buying black market dollar lol

Thx very much
You can also find someone who uses GTBank , use the persons card and give the Naira equivalent
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

You can also find someone who uses GTBank , use the persons card and give the Naira equivalent

Thank you very much sister, we all hear a good news

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Thx you very much sister, I have used a friend card and it went through, I received 3 email now one is Client Application summary , Submission confirmation and Confirmation of online application transmission

Please how can I book for my biometric and hope they won't ask for any info from the message they sent to me from vfs center
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jephehe: 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
Good day,

Glad to share the info that my parents application has finally be approved for visit visa.

They've visited before for my graduation in 2019 but visa expired early this year.

No application for authorization to visit before approval.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:

Thx you very much sister, I have used a friend card and it went through, I received 3 email now one is Client Application summary , Submission confirmation and Confirmation of online application transmission

Please how can I book for my biometric and hope they won't ask for any info from the message they sent to me from vfs center
Glad it went through, Wait till they send you an email, the email will come 24 hours post submission.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jephehe:
Good day,

Glad to share the info that my parents application has finally be approved for visit visa.

They've visited before for my graduation in 2019 but visa expired early this year.

Thanks.
Thank you for updating the house, at least we have a timeline of how things operate as of now
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 4:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
congrat u apply for another sch after ur graduation

Jephehe:
Good day,

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkeennyy: 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hello guys, please what is required of me?
Got this email.

Dear

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 2.............has been received from the IRCC Office on mon nov 22 2021 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja CVO and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the 'Buy Services' page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC

Regards,

VFS Global

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 5:36pm On Nov 22, 2021
kkeennyy:
Hello guys, please who knows what to do when you get an email that your passport is ready and you should go to buy service section of VAC website. who do I reach out to after making payment for the courier service.
The courier service will deliver your passport to the return address you filled
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkeennyy: 5:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
Thanks for your reply, I paid for one way service when sending my passport to VFS. How do I pay for courier and who do I send the evidence of payment.

Debbieeeeeee:

The courier service will deliver your passport to the return address you filled
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2021
kkeennyy:
Thanks for your reply, I paid for one way service when sending my passport to VFS. How do I pay for courier and who do I send the evidence of payment.

On this I have no idea, you may have to contact vfs maybe with a return label copy. I only know of paying for return courier not one way.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sam4774: 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
hi, congratulations! was this the new portal or the usual GC KEY?

Jephehe:
Good day,

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
aloskyyoung:

When I checked the link now—> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

I think written authorisation is required to travel to CANADA and it seems only exempted travellers that have written authorisation are allowed to travel to CANADA now even if you are fully vaccinated (I may be wrong)

I am confused on this part as written authorisation wasn’t requested when I was submitting my application.

I will like to ask if there is anyone who have travelled to CANADA recently on the basis of TOURISM and NOT REUNIFICATION WITH FAMILY MEMBER without Written Authorisation

Yea it's not entirely clear either but I don't think written authorization is required in all cases, at least based on the information on CIC's site.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:

Thx Olori have got one tools online that helped me to compressor and put the doc in one file accordingly

Thanks

That's great to know. You're welcome!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 11:06pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jephehe:
Good day,

Thanks.

Congratulations! And thanks for confirming the bold.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kingegram2018: 11:58am On Nov 23, 2021
Good afternoon everyone, I’m new on this platform, I want to apply for a visit to Canada and I also have a friend who’s a citizen and he’s sending an invitation letter from Canada, he’s a citizen, please help me how do I go about it, what’re the necessary complete document I’ll be needing ? And I don’t have any traveling experience... I need an answer to this question. God bless and fulfill our heart desires as you do �
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by spongebobsquare: 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2021
daks02:
Hello. Did you have to get updated bank statements or change the dates in your application letter?

Hi Motheexplorer: please can you share the format of your Quarantine plan. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2021
Good evening house,

Sis debbiee I'm back again lol, please does it take forever to send OTP from VFS to book appointment? I just received a message for my biometric and I proceed to book immediately and I got to where they ask me to generate OTP I check my email and my message nothing there I try to log out and re logging nothing send to my email or phone. Please what can I do ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by spongebobsquare: 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2021
Rocketninja:
Hello guys
Just got ppr for trv. Submitted Oct 5, got ppr today, approximately 30 business days.
Please for those who have recently sent their passport, how do I go about submitting to vfs global Lagos? I know I have to do that through courier but what documents do I include, the mailing address too? How much does vfs charge? Do I need to include vfs consent form?
Also for my biometric confirmation slip, I got it when I captured for pr application. Am I to submit it for the trv or should I wait till I get ppr for pr?

This might have been touched upon earlier, pardon me please. Your meaningful contributions will be appreciated.

Hi, please did you submit Authorization Letter, Quarantine plan and would you mind sharing the document you uploaded and was it on the new portal and any other information for us to use as guidelines. Thank you so much.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by spongebobsquare: 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:

Good evening house,

Sis debbiee I'm back again lol, please does it take forever to send OTP from VFS to book appointment? I just received a message for my biometric and I proceed to book immediately and I got to where they ask me to generate OTP I check my email and my message nothing there I try to log out and re logging nothing send to my email or phone. Please what can I do ?

Hi, please when did you submit your application and was it on the new portal, did you raise a webform for Authorization Letter, did you attach detail quarantine plan, please can you drop document your uploaded? Thank you so much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2021
spongebobsquare:

Hi, please when did you submit your application and was it on the new portal, did you raise a webform for Authorization Letter, did you attach detail quarantine plan, please can you drop document your uploaded? Thank you so much

I submitted my application on Sunday night and paid for Visa fees and biometric yesterday, I received biometric letter within 24hr. Now fighting to book for appointment the OTP code sent to my email is not working.

I didn't raise a webform for Authorization Letter I just submit my application on a new portal.

Documents I submitted
Employment letter /Appointment letter and leave letter .
Bank statement
Covid19 vaccine card
Married certificate
Kids and wife birth cert
Hotel reservation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2021
Finally booked for biometric appointment for tomorrow

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rocketninja: 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
spongebobsquare:

Hi, please did you submit Authorization Letter, Quarantine plan and would you mind sharing the document you uploaded and was it on the new portal and any other information for us to use as guidelines. Thank you so much.

No, I didn't submit any of those two and I was already partly vaccinated at the time. I used the new portal and submitted:
SOP
Itinerary i.e what I planned to do and dates
Marriage certificate
Proof of funds
Letter of invitation
Proof of ties back home
Passport bio data page
Vaccination card; I later raised a web form after I received my second dose to update my vaccination details.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mercy445: 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2021
Thank you so much for your response, that was quite fast.
Debbieeeeeee:

They applied directly, end of June and yes they did biometrics. Work permit came out first week august.

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.