Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2323488 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 12:02am On Dec 01, 2021
Richdee1:

Canada is just crazy this period, a lot of factors coming in between. While they give us their timeline

People already over there can still wet our eyes, this place is dry

Things just got a little or a lot more complicated! Seems Christmas plans all gone down the drain sad

https://guardian.ng/news/canada-bans-travellers-from-egypt-nigeria-and-malawi-over-omicron-fears/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/canada-adds-3-more-countries-to-ban-list-because-of-variant/2021/11/30/2114f206-5228-11ec-83d2-d9dab0e23b7e_story.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TBDL: 12:12am On Dec 01, 2021
Times are really challlenging right now. this furthers sets the whole process back!! hope and pray!!

galala123:

Things just got a little or a lot more complicated! Seems Christmas plans all gone down the drain sad

https://guardian.ng/news/canada-bans-travellers-from-egypt-nigeria-and-malawi-over-omicron-fears/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/canada-adds-3-more-countries-to-ban-list-because-of-variant/2021/11/30/2114f206-5228-11ec-83d2-d9dab0e23b7e_story.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 12:14am On Dec 01, 2021
My 30th working day is just a few days away and this happens embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aloskyyoung: 12:19am On Dec 01, 2021
I knew the travel ban will hit Nigeria as soon as I saw the news of two Nigerians having the new Variant

So sad.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hereandnow65: 12:58am On Dec 01, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:
Same here, my parents’ application will be 30 days tomorrow. I’m just so sad
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aloskyyoung: 1:23am On Dec 01, 2021
hereandnow65:

You mean 30 Days (From November 1st) or you mean 30 Working Days.

Which of them.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purplerain(f): 1:48am On Dec 01, 2021
Just listened to the Government’s press conference, the ban will be effective tomorrow, December 1 cry
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 2:01am On Dec 01, 2021
I was about to upload documents when my friend showed me this bad news.
Does that mean we cannot apply for a visitor visa for now?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 3:11am On Dec 01, 2021
Ashirioluwa:
I was about to upload documents when my friend showed me this bad news.
Does that mean we cannot apply for a visitor visa for now?

You can still apply.

You just cannot come now.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RxOtunba: 4:37am On Dec 01, 2021
You are right....I remember I once saw a 3 months visa or 6 months, can't remember
maziude:

They do actually.

Visa validity is on a case by case basis. I have even seen 3 months.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 7:12am On Dec 01, 2021
Just when I submitted I saw that they have banned Nigeria . For us that applied as tourist what is our faith . This is just sad
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:07am On Dec 01, 2021
Those who have applied for visitors visa please how do you upload your documents?

For instance my wife Passport, visas and immigration stamps are about 20MB but the system only allows 2Mb to be uploaded to Passport and Travel documents upload section.

Please how do you guys handle this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sam4774: 8:57am On Dec 01, 2021
please let us know by tomorrow if they are still keeping to their 30 working days deadline. it shall end in praise

hereandnow65:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sam4774: 9:03am On Dec 01, 2021
it seems we applied almost same time. please update me if they are keeping to their schedule, likewise will do on my end. i dnt want them to develop laziness because they have stopped travel from Nigeria, because it is not impossible for these guys according to their track record.

Debbieeeeeee:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 9:12am On Dec 01, 2021
Passport/travel document is the only document name showing under my Supporting Documents Upload.

Please where will I include or upload proof of fund and other documents like hotel accommodation and other documents?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 9:33am On Dec 01, 2021
sam4774:
it seems we applied almost same time. please update me if they are keeping to their schedule, likewise will do on my end. i dnt want them to develop laziness because they have stopped travel from Nigeria, because it is not impossible for these guys according to their track record.

When I get my visa I’ll post my timeline here. For now I submitted on the 21st October, got biometrics letter 22nd , did biometrics 25th (it was updated immediately).

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 9:34am On Dec 01, 2021
Ashirioluwa:
Passport/travel document is the only document name showing under my Supporting Documents Upload.

Please where will I include or upload proof of fund and other documents like hotel accommodation and other documents?
Have you been to the usa or Canada in the past 5 years ? Do you have a valid usa visa ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 9:34am On Dec 01, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

When I get my visa I’ll post my timeline here. For now I submitted on the 21st October, got biometrics letter 22nd , did biometrics 25th (it was updated immediately).
I am applying for my wife. She traveled to US and Canada in 2016. Both visas have expired. She
has valid UK and Schengen visas
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 9:36am On Dec 01, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Have you been to the usa or Canada in the past 5 years ? Do you have a valid usa visa ?
I am applying for my wife. She traveled to US and Canada in 2016. Both visas have expired. She
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

The way the portal is programmed if you been you Canada in the last 10 years or have a valid us visa , I guess you will not need to upload proof of fund.

For me I was not ask to upload proof of fund .

Hence I did not .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 10:07am On Dec 01, 2021
Convert the uploaded file from jpeg format to pdf format. There are free conversion tools online. Use Google and type in the search box " free conversion jpeg to pdf"
Ashirioluwa:
Those who have applied for visitors visa please how do you upload your documents?

For instance my wife Passport, visas and immigration stamps are about 20MB but the system only allows 2Mb to be uploaded to Passport and Travel documents upload section.

Please how do you guys handle this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 10:14am On Dec 01, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

That is the reason. If you’ve been there in the past 5 years or earlier the requirement of proof of financials will not be there but you can combine and upload in others if you still feel like showing proof
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:34am On Dec 01, 2021
mrprolifik:
Convert the uploaded file from jpeg format to pdf format. There are free conversion tools online. Use Google and type in the search box " free conversion jpeg to pdf"

All my documents are in pdf
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:35am On Dec 01, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

That is the reason. If you’ve been there in the past 5 years or earlier the requirement of proof of financials will not be there but you can combine and upload in others if you still feel like showing proof

Ok thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aloskyyoung: 10:56am On Dec 01, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Considering they claim they start processing after Biometric is submitted which was October 25th

30 working days falls on December 6th, that is next week Monday.

They should do normal and maintain their 30 working days o.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 11:17am On Dec 01, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Please after biometrics what’s else did you have to do?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 11:36am On Dec 01, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Oh okay , I thought as much that it was a supervisa, I just wanted to be sure . Thank you

Please which Is super visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 11:58am On Dec 01, 2021
They have added Nigeria to Canada ban list
This is not fair������

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2021
Talksub:

The way the portal is programmed if you been you Canada in the last 10 years or have a valid us visa , I guess you will not need to upload proof of fund.

For me I was not ask to upload proof of fund .

Hence I did not .

Thank you very much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 4:44am On Dec 02, 2021
This ban of a thing might slow the process down. Anyway I submitted my wife's application
this morning.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Yemisi2015: 11:23am On Dec 02, 2021
Finally got Passport request for my parents.

First Application Dec 6,2020 - still processing

Second Application on new portal - Oct 31. 2021
Passport Request - Dec 2, 2021

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 11:28am On Dec 02, 2021
Yemisi2015:
Finally got Passport request for my parents.

First Application Dec 6,2020 - still processing

Second Application on new portal - Oct 31. 2021
Passport Request - Dec 2, 2021

Congrats! I was scared the new variant of covid will slow things down. But thankfully it doesn’t seem so

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Murtadorr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.