Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2320461 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aloskyyoung: 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2021
Rocketninja:

No, I didn't submit any of those two and I was already partly vaccinated at the time. I used the new portal and submitted:
SOP
Itinerary i.e what I planned to do and dates
Marriage certificate
Proof of funds
Letter of invitation
Proof of ties back home
Passport bio data page
Vaccination card; I later raised a web form after I received my second dose to update my vaccination details.

Can you please send me the link to raise a web form, I am fully vaccinated but didn’t upload it when submitting the application.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GoldenCrown1160: 2:05am On Nov 24, 2021
Don'ttry it if youdon'thave have US visa
Concate:
@sam4774

I'm curious to know why you said he should not use British Airways because I'm about to book a BA flight as it has the shortest travel time.

Kindly elaborate.
Thanks.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 6:48am On Nov 24, 2021
mercy445:
Thank you so much for your response, that was quite fast.
Yes their application was very fast. When Canada people want to work they actually work.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 6:49am On Nov 24, 2021
GoldenCrown1160:
Don'ttry it if youdon'thave have US visa
She doesn’t have a stop in the usa , it’s LHR straight to her destination airport in Canada. She mentioned this already
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purplerain(f): 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
Hello,
Sorry, been offline for a while. What do you mean account balance?

Efeosa5:
Hi there,

Sorry to bug u again, but I have a quick question
Is it okay to put 0 as the account balance? That my sister in canada will sponsor fully?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purplerain(f): 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2021
Hi All,
Hoping someone can advise. My parents sent their passports to VFS Lagos in two separate envelopes, and tracking showed both were delivered by DHL on same day, Nov 17, just 30mins apart. Now my mum's passport has been dispatched and is currently with IRCC, my dad on the other hand is yet to receive any email from VFS. We have tried contacting them, but been unsuccessful so far.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do as we are worried his passport won't get to IRCC within the required 30 days
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jephehe: 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
Usual GC key, I don't know if a new portal is out.

sam4774:
hi, congratulations! was this the new portal or the usual GC KEY?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oceanfield: 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:

Good evening house,

Sis debbiee I'm back again lol, please does it take forever to send OTP from VFS to book appointment? I just received a message for my biometric and I proceed to book immediately and I got to where they ask me to generate OTP I check my email and my message nothing there I try to log out and re logging nothing send to my email or phone. Please what can I do ?

I experienced this challenge when I was booking last two weeks, just use the email option, fill out your information , select the date you prefer and location. Just submit. And wait for reply from VFS on appointment.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jephehe: 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
Big NO.

pufframmy:
congrat u apply for another sch after ur graduation

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 11:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
Oceanfield:

I experienced this challenge when I was booking last two weeks, just use the email option, fill out your information , select the date you prefer and location. Just submit. And wait for reply from VFS on appointment.

Thanks very much oceanfield, I later booked my appointment last night and luckily for me I got a date which I have done my biometric and capturing today.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by two4: 12:57pm On Nov 25, 2021
Congratulations!!

To those that got approved using the new portal, what did you use as : Proof of travel exemption that you are travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RxOtunba: 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
Monthly limit is $100, 185CAD is abt $US150 which is above the limit. Although I got a mail from GTBank stating an upward review of the limit, to a sum of 200usd but I still get transactions above 100usd declined, and I dnt knw the reason for that. Try using a barter card.
Gentlesoul3268:

Please I try to make a payment for Canada tourist visa and biometric fees online with my GTB master card but is showing declined please what that could be ? I have tried it severally

The total is $185 Canadian dollar right or I mine going to pay in US dollars rate?

Is it 185 Canadian dollar I think the fees is something around 60k plus?

How much is this 185 Canadian dollar in Nigeria money ?

What type of card can I use to make the payment? Because I'm using my GTB master card ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RxOtunba: 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
Oh! Okk
Debbieeeeeee:

Some flights have two connections, some have one.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 9:20pm On Nov 25, 2021
RxOtunba:
Monthly limit is $100, 185CAD is abt $US150 which is above the limit. Although I got a mail from GTBank stating an upward review of the limit, to a sum of 200usd but I still get transactions above 100usd declined, and I dnt knw the reason for that. Try using a barter card.
I used my card for $175 today and my friends for $200 yesterday.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jwgirl: 10:47am On Nov 26, 2021
Please I have a question.
Do I need to have a return ticket for visitor visa?
Can't I pay for one way trip and also book another one on my trip back?
This is because I am not sure of the specific day I will return.
I read somewhere that without a round trip ticket, one may not be allowed to fly with an airline.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:52am On Nov 26, 2021
Jwgirl:
Please I have a question.
Do I need to have a return ticket for visitor visa?
Can't I pay for one way trip and also book another one on my trip back?
This is because I am not sure of the specific day I will return.
I read somewhere that without a round trip ticket, one may not be allowed to fly with an airline.

Yes you won't be allowed to board....

Return ticket is highly mandatory for visitor visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by prettysassygirl(f): 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2021
purplerain:
Hi All,
Hoping someone can advise. My parents sent their passports to VFS Lagos in two separate envelopes, and tracking showed both were delivered by DHL on same day, Nov 17, just 30mins apart. Now my mum's passport has been dispatched and is currently with IRCC, my dad on the other hand is yet to receive any email from VFS. We have tried contacting them, but been unsuccessful so far.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do as we are worried his passport won't get to IRCC within the required 30 days
I never hear from them too and it is worrisome
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by prettysassygirl(f): 1:17pm On Nov 26, 2021
aloskyyoung:

Can you please send me the link to raise a web form, I am fully vaccinated but didn’t upload it when submitting the application.

Thanks
I didn't attach mine either
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by daks02: 5:02pm On Nov 26, 2021
We finally received PPR today for my mother in law’s visa, second application submitted via portal on oct 14th.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 5:32pm On Nov 26, 2021
daks02:
We finally received PPR today for my mother in law’s visa, second application submitted via portal on oct 14th.
Congratulations! Was a good idea submitting another application. Seems the standard is 30 working days going by recent timelines.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rocketninja: 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2021
aloskyyoung:

Thanks

Sorry for the late response. Use this:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp?v2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Raphchuks: 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
Thanks for the update.
After this what next?
Debbieeeeeee:

BIOMETRICS

Requirement for BIL

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment#

Go with
(1) International passport
(2) 2 photocopies of your datapage. Write your email address and mobile number at the top of both pages.
(3) Print the IRCC letter of Biometrics
(4) Print the Confirmation of biometrics appointment sent to you by vfs.
(5) Pen to fill a form.
You are good to go.

In addition to the above, Canada Biometrics submission center is upstairs when u get to VFS office.
Meet the security at the entrance who will issue a ticket to you, then u will be directed to another security guard who will issue 2 consent forms for you to fill. After filling the forms, wait till ur ticket number is called. It's at the counter u will submit all the documents you came with including the form you just filled. Ur documents will be placed in a pouch and you will be directed to where ur Biometrics will be taken.

After this, ur CIC profile will be updated same day.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RxOtunba: 6:44am On Nov 27, 2021
Wow! Nice....Mine hasn't been successful.
Debbieeeeeee:

I used my card for $175 today and my friends for $200 yesterday.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Infiosa: 10:37am On Nov 27, 2021
Has anyone raised a webform recently, especially those submitted b4 September 7 ? Has any applicants b4 September 7 got a feedback yet?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2021
On the New portal , I was asked to upload National identity document, please can someone clarify of it is NIN ?

Should I upload my NIN

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EyinjuGod(f): 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2021
RxOtunba:
Wow! Nice....Mine hasn't been successful.

I paid mine with an access naira card and it was successful
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TechSpot: 11:26pm On Nov 27, 2021
EyinjuGod:

I paid mine with an access naira card and it was successful

What's access rate pls?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 12:16am On Nov 28, 2021
fairlytreated:

Yes. Is there a specific reason for asking?

Asking because I thought for a first time traveller you can only get 6month visa max

I recently applied for a spousal visa too, although not yet approved
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RxOtunba: 12:58am On Nov 28, 2021
Nope. I'm not evn sure Canada issues 6 months visa. They give btwn 1 year and 10yrs. Mostly determined by the expiry date of your passport.
adveert002:

Asking because I thought for a first time traveller you can only get 6month visa max

I recently applied for a spousal visa too, although not yet approved

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 1:15am On Nov 28, 2021
RxOtunba:
Nope. I'm not evn sure Canada issues 6 months visa. They give btwn 1 year and 10yrs. Mostly determined by the expiry date of your passport.

Okay thanks,
How long did it take for your spousal visa to get approved
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EyinjuGod(f): 6:43am On Nov 28, 2021
TechSpot:

What's access rate pls?
About 371.9

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 1:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
Orange1234:
Hello everyone. Please for those who have applied for visiting visa before September i.e. May and are still awaiting decisions on their applications- are the visiting visa applicants supposed to forfeit the money they already paid and existing application then use this new IRCC portal account to create a new visiting visa application, re-attach the initial documents they submitted and pay another fee to process a fresh application? I'm just trying to gain clarity of what is expected.

Also did you receive an e-mail from IRCC or a status message in your profile from the old application GCKey platform informing you to create a new application?

Thanks.

Please did anyone get a code on their email before they could register in the new IRCC portal
Please I need urgent response

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: JohnA3344 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.