Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2323217 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
Biometrics question: For those who gave biometrics in the past for visit visas do you do another one when you apply for a new visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ashirioluwa:
Biometrics question: For those who gave biometrics in the past for visit visas do you do another one when you apply for a new visa

Biometrics is valid for 10 years
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2021
Nadnad:

Please did anyone get a code on their email before they could register in the new IRCC portal
Please I need urgent response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 2:14pm On Nov 28, 2021
Nadnad:

Please did anyone get a code on their email before they could register in the new IRCC portal

You should get a code using the below link. You have to scroll down on this link and click sign up. It will take you through 3 other pages, on the 3rd page, select "Get an IRCC portal account" then put in your email address for your invitation code to be sent.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa/portal-application-process.html

There's another link https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signup?lang=en that takes you directly to sign up that one asks for invitation code but you have to follow the above process first to obtain the code.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2021
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EyinjuGod(f): 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2021
Nadnad:

You can get the code with before link
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2021
Nadnad:

She did her biometrics in the USA about 6 years ago. I want to know if I should ask her to do another one or not. She currently resides in Nigeria
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2021
It doesnt matter in what country it was done , it's still valid since it's not up to 10yrs.
She will only be required to do another one if she was applying for permanent resident.

quote author=Ashirioluwa post=108040436]

Ok but she did her biometrics for Canadian Visitor Visa in the USA 5 years ago[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:00am On Nov 29, 2021
mrprolifik:
It doesn't matter in what country it was done, it's still valid since it's not up to 10yrs.
She will only be required to do another one if she was applying for permanent resident.

quote author=Ashirioluwa post=108040436]

Ok but she did her biometrics for Canadian Visitor Visa in the USA 5 years ago

Ok, thanks. So I should click NO to the section that says '' Do you want to give your biometrics again?''
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:42am On Nov 29, 2021
Nadnad:

I did get a code
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 2:07am On Nov 29, 2021
Documents upload question: I don't know if I am applying through the right portal or not. After I filled out the application, I was asked to upload documents in this format

1. Supporting documents: Passport / Travel document

2. Optional documents:
(a) Consent personal information
(b) Additional documents
(c) Employer letter (current).

The Employer letter is asking for: A copy of a letter from the employer in Canada.

Please am I on the right page. Do you guys added any document to the Employer letter because is like this is not for visitor visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 5:19am On Nov 29, 2021
Canada's first cases of the omicron coronavirus variant confirmed in Ottawa From 2 people who had recently traveled from Nigeria
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 6:02am On Nov 29, 2021
Hmmmmmmm
This will slow down the process again
It is well
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 8:08am On Nov 29, 2021
I hope it doesn’t slow down anything o. We are still managing 30 working days , some have even been waiting since last year.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aloskyyoung: 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
Nadnad:
Hmmmmmmm
This will slow down the process again
It is well

Slow down is not even my concern, they may ban flight from Nigeria, that’s my major concern

They should just do and send PPR, my application is 21 working days today, it will be 30 working days by next week Friday, I hope they send PPR before then, if I get that, na Abuja I dey use straight, one week to return passport.

My prayer is that they shouldn’t ban flight from Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purplerain(f): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
You need to combine both documents into one file (use pdf converter apps online). You can only upload one file per placeholder.

Efeosa5:
Hello house ,

Please, I need clarification. After I've uploaded a file and I want to add another. But it's only the change file option there, when I still use it , it changes to the file I just uploaded. Is there another way to go about it ? For example, the proof of funds , I want to upload my own and also that of my sponsor.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Richdee1(m): 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
Canadian Tourist and Visitors
Please Wet out eyes with pictures
It's Christmas season already
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by passionup: 2:03pm On Nov 30, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
RxOtunba:
Nope. I'm not evn sure Canada issues 6 months visa. They give btwn 1 year and 10yrs. Mostly determined by the expiry date of your passport.

They do actually.

Visa validity is on a case by case basis. I have even seen 3 months.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hello, I just submitted my TRV on the new portal , but there was no place to upload proof of fund / bank statement . Was it because I have a valid us visa ??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2021
Talksub:
Hello, I just submitted my TRV on the new portal , but there was no place to upload proof of fund / bank statement . Was it because I have a valid us visa ??

Yup
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chiall: 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
maziude:

They do actually.

Visa validity is on a case by case basis. I have even seen 3 months.

Very true . Mine is actually 3 months.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Yup

Thank you Debbi , how did you should prove of full vaccination? I just attached a copy to my letter of explanation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
Talksub:

Thank you Debbi , how did you should prove of full vaccination? I just attached a copy to my letter of explanation.
I sent my vaccination card via webform so they can add.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 6:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

I sent my vaccination card via webform so they can add.

Thank you .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aloskyyoung: 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2021
Richdee1:
Canadian Tourist and Visitors
Please Wet out eyes with pictures
It's Christmas season already

What I think we need at the moment is timeline of people who got their PPR to know the current time frame of the application process.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
passionup:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions/non-optional-non-discretionary.html

Let's all read and interprete this with regards to the enquiry on written authorisation. It sure helps .

Yes, this is very helpful! Thanks for sharing.

My interpretation: Only Extended family members of PR/Citizens and Immediate family members of temporary residents in Canada (traveling from other countries other than US) requires written authorization.
And they may be exempted from the authorization if they meet the fully vaccinated traveller exemption.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by passionup: 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2021
OloriOfMontreal:

Yes, this is very helpful! Thanks for sharing.

My interpretation: Only Extended family members of PR/Citizens and Immediate family members of temporary residents in Canada (traveling from other countries other than US) requires written authorization.
And they may be exempted from the authorization if they meet the fully vaccinated traveller exemption.

Thanks

I completely agree with you @ OluOf Montreal. That is my understanding too. Best wishes to everyone

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Richdee1(m): 9:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
aloskyyoung:

What I think we need at the moment is timeline of people who got their PPR to know the current time frame of the application process.

Canada is just crazy this period, a lot of factors coming in between. While they give us their timeline

People already over there can still wet our eyes, this place is dry

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Hueyreckless0007, wencius4u, tblaze007(m), lakeside3020(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.