Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2324080 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purespikes: 7:38am On Sep 07, 2022
Drawer:
Passport Request received this morning!!!
Application date: May 17th 2022
Purpose of visit: Honeymoon in Banff Alberta, got married in April 2022
Biometric: May 24th 2022
Raised lots of web forms: no concrete feedback from IRCC
GCMS Requested: July 4th 2022
Biometrics updated: July 26th 2022
GCMS Received: August 4th 2022, criminality, info sharing and security completed.Eligibility not started
GCMS Requested again: August 9th

***Long silence****

Passport request: September 06 20202

Documents submitted
Invitation letter from spouse (He is a PR)
Spouse bank statement (less than on thousand dollars)
Spouse payslips
Spouse employment verification
Hotel reservation for honeymoon in Banff Alberta
Statement of purpose
Duration of stay stated in SOP: Three (3) weeks
Employment letter from work
Letter of introduction from work
6 months payslips
6 months bank statements
Fixed account bank statement (3.5M)
Land documents
Marriage certificate
I also applied for the spousal PR in May 2022- still under review
That all the documents that was submitted. Glory be to God

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 7:44am On Sep 07, 2022
CanDaddy:

What u term as merit doesn't even count with the VO. I wrote with my own hands that the POF was a loan from so so and so Financial Institution. Yes I did with proofs. And yes the visa was approved. And you are still here quoting what u know about IRCC.
The Indians are better at this and that's y they are many here they don't quotewhat they know. They approac IRCC with their facts and situation and it's left for the visa officer to accept or reject. Shikena

While,this is a public forum,and many people come here to seek clarification on many issue including me while on my journey to canada 6 years ago..and this forum helped me alot becos even as a silent reader then l was able to gather many information without paying a penny to anybody and it help my journey to canada and becoming a canadian citizen,it best we give informed balanced information..so somebody do not get the wrong impression and make a huge mistake getting refused.my major issue as you said is getting a loan to finance an holiday not a study or business plan,please be more elaborate with ur explanation so an innocent applicant do not get refused because am sure " l got a loan from wema bank and going to see niagara fall on my holiday " is not what you wrote in ur letter to ircc ,the way you presenting it,l have more india friends and they do not do it this way..many of them came with easy route of student which include send money to a canadian bank ahead which ircc trying to introduce same system to nigeria which will make student visa easy and faster..am in canada living my best life ..l wish you all the best and all other applicant sucesss in their application too.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rahmeekadigz(f): 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2022
Which area in manitoba,the one I contacted and responded to me was in the winnipeg area.

Letuspraytogod:
Please if you’ve ever contacted any MP in Manitoba.
Which of them replied and really did all their best to help?
Please help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 2:46pm On Sep 07, 2022
It was 60-90days then not too sure.

Betterlife30:

When you applied, did you check the processing time?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennyliza: 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
rahmeekadigz:
Which area in manitoba,the one I contacted and responded to me was in the winnipeg area.

Please the area I plan to visit is also at Winnipeg..let me pm you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2022
Lean assistant replied after 4weeks, then came with an update that my application is still within the process time. Then jim carr responded almost immediately. They are all saying the same thing

Letuspraytogod:
Please if you’ve ever contacted any MP in Manitoba.
Which of them replied and really did all their best to help?
Please help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 3:04pm On Sep 07, 2022
Lean is in Winnipeg

kennyliza:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by perfectbecky: 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2022
june 16....no update till now. and u?
Betterlife30:
Please, who applied in first week in June and what was the processing time then?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2022
Makibarbie:
It was 60-90days then not too sure.

That means they ought to have replied us by now. This people are not doing good at all. It's annoying.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
perfectbecky:

june 16....no update till now. and u?

Mine is June 2. No update too
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CanDaddy: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
House34:

While,this is a public forum,and many people come here to seek clarification on many issue including me while on my journey to canada 6 years ago..and this forum helped me alot becos even as a silent reader then l was able to gather many information without paying a penny to anybody and it help my journey to canada and becoming a canadian citizen,it best we give informed balanced information..so somebody do not get the wrong impression and make a huge mistake getting refused.my major issue as you said is getting a loan to finance an holiday not a study or business plan,please be more elaborate with ur explanation so an innocent applicant do not get refused because am sure " l got a loan from wema bank and going to see niagara fall on my holiday " is not what you wrote in ur letter to ircc ,the way you presenting it,l have more india friends and they do not do it this way..many of them came with easy route of student which include send money to a canadian bank ahead which ircc trying to introduce same system to nigeria which will make student visa easy and faster..am in canada living my best life ..l wish you all the best and all other applicant sucesss in their application too.

I don't know how else to describe a loan. And it wasn't from a Canadian financial institution but a Nigerian one. Why do we "God-ify" IRCC. Na human being dey their dey use their discretion. And what u wrote is exactly what I wrote abi a line from the letter of intent reads " because of this trip I have a taken a loan equivalent to $2000CAD from CitiBank to finance my trip" yes u read it right.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BK23: 6:36pm On Sep 07, 2022
Unfortunately, that’s not how it works, they don’t use the processing time when you applied. They follow the current one, that’s why they update weekly.
Betterlife30:

That means they ought to have replied us by now. This people are not doing good at all. It's annoying.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 6:36pm On Sep 07, 2022
YES WINNIPEG PLEASE AND PLEASE

rahmeekadigz:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 6:46pm On Sep 07, 2022
BK23:
Unfortunately, that’s not how it works, they don’t use the processing time when you applied. They follow the current one, that’s why they update weekly.

That's too bad. They need to employ more hands.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rahmeekadigz(f): 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2022
I've replied
kennyliza:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 8:10pm On Sep 07, 2022
ow much u pay him

sethtsadopp:

I tried doing it myself but was kinda difficult so I gave it to a travel agency to do as a tour package. It's still in process, not out yet.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Midazman(m): 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2022
Drawer:
Passport Request received this morning!!!
Application date: May 17th 2022
Purpose of visit: Honeymoon in Banff Alberta, got married in April 2022
Biometric: May 24th 2022
Raised lots of web forms: no concrete feedback from IRCC
GCMS Requested: July 4th 2022
Biometrics updated: July 26th 2022
GCMS Received: August 4th 2022, criminality, info sharing and security completed.Eligibility not started
GCMS Requested again: August 9th

***Long silence****

Passport request: September 06 20202

Documents submitted
Invitation letter from spouse (He is a PR)
Spouse bank statement (less than on thousand dollars)
Spouse payslips
Spouse employment verification
Hotel reservation for honeymoon in Banff Alberta
Statement of purpose
Duration of stay stated in SOP: Three (3) weeks
Employment letter from work
Letter of introduction from work
6 months payslips
6 months bank statements
Fixed account bank statement (3.5M)
Land documents
Marriage certificate
I also applied for the spousal PR in May 2022- still under review
That all the documents that was submitted. Glory be to God
Congrats !! but please how did you request GCMS?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hi house,

I got a response from Kenya immigration stating they got my emails but their records indicated that i have a representative and all correspondence will go to the company.

I have messaged my agent to send reminders to them but please does this means i am gradually getting attention on my application?

Please after getting reponse from immigration did anyone get any update with their application, like probably eligibility or something

I am trying to be positive as much as i can becoz getting a reply from them today after series of emails gave me hope and I pray good thing comes out from it before the end of this month.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 11:43pm On Sep 07, 2022
CanDaddy:

I don't know how else to describe a loan. And it wasn't from a Canadian financial institution but a Nigerian one. Why do we "God-ify" IRCC. Na human being dey their dey use their discretion. And what u wrote is exactly what I wrote abi a line from the letter of intent reads " because of this trip I have a taken a loan equivalent to $2000CAD from CitiBank to finance my trip" yes u read it right.

wink
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 12:27am On Sep 08, 2022
I no fit dey put mouth for Canadians matter.
Me I still dey trenches angry sad sad
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 3:24am On Sep 08, 2022
Makibarbie:
Hi house,

I got a response from Kenya immigration stating they got my emails but their records indicated that i have a representative and all correspondence will go to the company.

I have messaged my agent to send reminders to them but please does this means i am gradually getting attention on my application?

Please after getting reponse from immigration did anyone get any update with their application, like probably eligibility or something

I am trying to be positive as much as i can becoz getting a reply from them today after series of emails gave me hope and I pray good thing comes out from it before the end of this month.
no updates, just wait for their decision
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jyde1234: 7:53am On Sep 08, 2022
Please house , how can I request for gcms note ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 11:43am On Sep 08, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Yemlizzy(f): 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2022
Jyde1234:
Please house , how can I request for gcms note ?
Ask on the student visa thread there are people there who assist with it. Justmellow and co.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2022
A quick question please.

If IRCC ask for updated Statement of account/proof of funds.

And the person that helped you with it isn’t available anymore to give you the updated one or the money has been spent.
What do you do?

Can you get another sponsor’s statement of account plus letter of sponsorship and sent to Ircc?

Please and please I need a response. @tempzi @olasubomy and other gurus.

God bleee
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 3:44pm On Sep 08, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
A quick question please.

If IRCC ask for updated Statement of account/proof of funds.

And the person that helped you with it isn’t available anymore to give you the updated one or the money has been spent.
What do you do?

Can you get another sponsor’s statement of account plus letter of sponsorship and sent to Ircc?

Please and please I need a response. @tempzi @olasubomy and other gurus.

God bleee

Very dicey!

It would help if you had a convincing explanation why you cannot produce the updated statement from the same bank declared in your application. Remember, you would have justified the nature of the bank statement submitted. The relationship between you and your sponsor and the source of money credited to the bank account would have been documented.

Producing another statement would have you explain further the nature of the statement and why you are not submitting the one previously declared. IRCC always circularize the internal control/ fraud unit of the respective banks to confirm the authenticity of the bank statement. They would be expecting the same bank statement but an updated one.

It is better to limit withdrawals or better not touch the account till a decision is made

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2022
Thank you sir but it’s those kinda situations where you paid for the Pof/SoA kinda thing and now the person isn’t available anymore to get you the updated one.

What’s really gonna happen when Ircc ask you for an updated Pof.
Omo!!!!

olasubomy:

Very dicey!

It would help if you had a convincing explanation why you cannot produce the updated statement from the same bank declared in your application. Remember, you would have justified the nature of the bank statement submitted. The relationship between you and your sponsor and the source of money credited to the bank account would have been documented.

Producing another statement would have you explain further the nature of the statement and why you are not submitting the one previously declared. IRCC always circularize the internal control/ fraud unit of the respective banks to confirm the authenticity of the bank statement. They would be expecting the same bank statement but an updated one.

It is better to limit withdrawals or better not touch the account till a decision is made
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
Thank you sir but it’s those kinda situations where you paid for the Pof/SoA kinda thing and now the person isn’t available anymore to get you the updated one.

What’s really gonna happen when Ircc ask you for an updated Pof.
Omo!!!!

rejection and ban for misrepresentation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajoke08: 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2022
Hello everyone, pls I receive a request letter for my husband biometric receipt this morning.He was refused visiting visa in 2017 which was paper based application and he did biometric then. So when I submitted this application, he did not do biometrics (since validity is 10yrs) . Now they are requesting for the receipt and we can’t find it . Note : I did not link the application because we couldn’t find anything about biometric.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 12:21am On Sep 09, 2022
Ajoke08:
Hello everyone, pls I receive a request letter for my husband biometric receipt this morning.He was refused visiting visa in 2017 which was paper based application and he did biometric then. So when I submitted this application, he did not do biometrics (since validity is 10yrs) . Now they are requesting for the receipt and we can’t find it . Note : I did not link the application because we couldn’t find anything about biometric.

That means when you & your hubby was filing the application, he had indicated that he has done biometrics before but IRCC is unable to link him with his previous application which was paper based. That means your unique client identifier on your husband current application is not same as in the previous one. You can confirm from the refusal letter.

Also, check to be sure his biometric number is still blank at the top right hand corner of the portal.

Confirm all these details if my understanding is correct?

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: BeuHarry, hayesconcept(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.