Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,071 members, 7,835,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2356317 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (1114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 1:31am On Sep 01, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by arro: 3:12am On Sep 01, 2022
Please house my own case is different, I was denied visitor visa in 2016, I have all my documents available my invitation from my friend who had pr, his letter of invitation and my office support documents as a uniform personnel in nigeria, my properties and my marital status, but will this all I was still deined VIsa base on travel history, that they are not sure of my work or if I will come back,travell history I just came back from south Africa the second trip in November 2015 and that will be my second trip .
I did not reapply since then, after that 2016, I have travelled to India 2017 for a month from work for. Training a month, 2018 I went to the uk for vacation spent 14days, 2019 I was in China on training from office for 2 weeks,2022 now am in the uk with my family for studies, I want to know can I use conference to enter Canada or normal visit with family for Xmas, since I still have student visa with my family here? rufusadebayo2gmail.com
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by perfectbecky: 5:42am On Sep 01, 2022
Thank you for your response, please can I contact you privately?
olasubomy:

Your best bet is to order your GCMS notes to know what Is going on. If your biometric number and date are reflected at the top left corner of your portal, there is nothing to worry about. That means immigration has received your biometric data. The narration you are seeing at the lower part would change to “biometrics completed” once IRCC is done with their review of your biometrics. For some applicants, it comes early, while for others, it comes later in the application process.

I think you should plan to do upfront medical to fasten your application process except you feel you have enough time and want to explore waiting for medical request from IRCC.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 11:35am On Sep 01, 2022
tempzi:

IRCC deals with each applications differently, I know some of these things are not absolute, anything is possible with IRCC depends on the individual, I know someone who came here as a visitor and POF was not even up to N1m.....I won't go ahead to talk about the details sha.

Even tho it's rare or probably unheard taking of taking a loan for the purpose of visiting, it shouldn't be ruled out.

I understand the importance they place on family but visitor visa is a visitor visa it can work for anybody (based on merit) they will treat ur case based on you, besides family is not the only strong ties one can have in Canada, haven't u seen conference event where people get full scholarship all expenses paid, so loan or no loan make sure whatever you are telling the vo (backed up with proof) will convince him/her

Sir ,l accept ur write up but their is absolutely no merit in funding a tourist visa with a LOAN or debt to any country not even uk or india!..go and read the ircc visa maunal then you understand more about tourist visa !

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 11:55am On Sep 01, 2022
Hello house,

Please is it okay to reach out to multiple MP concerning an application? Hope it wont cause a red flag. As they all asked me to fill consent form. The first MP gave me an update that my application is still within the processing time and nothing can be done now.

The second MP is asking me to fill the consent form as well. I am scared it shouldn’t anger the VO oh as 3MP’s are making enquiry for the same persons application.

What do you all think
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olakunle10: 12:45pm On Sep 01, 2022
[Thank you for the response. quote author=CanDaddy post=116224898]

I applied for her on the new portal I also signed the use of representative form along with the application for the three of them. You will also need to write an authorization letter acknowledging that u gave the go-ahead for her to travel with the kids.[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ena20: 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2022
Please oo� how long does it take after submitting your passport would you get a notification that it’s ready ...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Guse: 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2022
Ena20:
Please oo� how long does it take after submitting your passport would you get a notification that it’s ready ...

where did u submit? lagos or Abj?

pr, visit or student?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ena20: 3:24pm On Sep 01, 2022
Visit , Abuja
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Guse: 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
Ena20:
Visit , Abuja

Abj is less than a week..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fendy34(f): 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2022
I submitted my passport to vfs Abuja and but did biometrics in Lagos. Just found out that I needed to pay a transmission fee. What’s going to happen to my file ... I’ve not been able to contact the vfs abj people . Anyone in this situation before or knows what to do?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BK23: 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
Wow congrats. Please what kind of VV application? Are you spouse of student? Or is it regular VV?

Ena20:
Visit , Abuja
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Guse: 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
BK23:
Wow congrats. Please what kind of VV application? Are you spouse of student? Or is it regular VV?

E b like this pple no wan process standard vv..

Wetin de happen ? A lot of people de para for Canada as e b …
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teemie22: 11:20pm On Sep 01, 2022
Any Lady available for shared apartment or room around toronto, Markham or environs should please reply or send PM. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ena20: 11:46pm On Sep 01, 2022
BK23:

Regular VV ....�
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 12:31am On Sep 02, 2022
arro:
Please house my own case is different, I was denied visitor visa in 2016, I have all my documents available my invitation from my friend who had pr, his letter of invitation and my office support documents as a uniform personnel in nigeria, my properties and my marital status, but will this all I was still deined VIsa base on travel history, that they are not sure of my work or if I will come back,travell history I just came back from south Africa the second trip in November 2015 and that will be my second trip .
I did not reapply since then, after that 2016, I have travelled to India 2017 for a month from work for. Training a month, 2018 I went to the uk for vacation spent 14days, 2019 I was in China on training from office for 2 weeks,2022 now am in the uk with my family for studies, I want to know can I use conference to enter Canada or normal visit with family for Xmas, since I still have student visa with my family here? rufusadebayo2gmail.com

If there's an upcoming conference you would like to attend try and explore that. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 12:34am On Sep 02, 2022
Makibarbie:
Hello house,

Please is it okay to reach out to multiple MP concerning an application? Hope it wont cause a red flag. As they all asked me to fill consent form. The first MP gave me an update that my application is still within the processing time and nothing can be done now.

The second MP is asking me to fill the consent form as well. I am scared it shouldn’t anger the VO oh as 3MP’s are making enquiry for the same persons application.

What do you all think

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by srke2022(f): 6:16am On Sep 02, 2022
Hi Everyone, I applied for my newborn son in Nov 2021 and reapplied in May 2022 since I didn't hear anything back. Both applications are active and on gckey. I have contacted the nairobi office and they sent a general reply. what should I do now? should I apply a third time on new portal? would that delay the application further. Please help!

P.S : both my husband and I have active visitor visas
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enoy: 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
Good day everyone, please I have applied for a visiting visa, did my biometric since February but no feed back yet from IRCC, My family ( wife and kids) are in Canada since last year on study visa.

I used their study visa for my application but up till now no update.

Any advice from you guys please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokojohnson: 3:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hello Everyone,
I applied for Canada Tourist Visa since December 2021 and till now, I have not received a decision from them. I contacted them and them sent me the below message. Please share your thought, please has any one received this kinda message below? What is Canada Embassy in Nairobi Kenya trying to say?

Good day,

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Regards,
Migration Office | Bureau de migration
High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box / C.P. 1013, Limuru Road, 00621 – Nairobi, Kenya
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokojohnson: 3:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hello srke2002, what is the content of the genera reply they sent to you? please can you post it here for assistant?

srke2022:
Hi Everyone, I applied for my newborn son in Nov 2021 and reapplied in May 2022 since I didn't hear anything back. Both applications are active and on gckey. I have contacted the nairobi office and they sent a general reply. what should I do now? should I apply a third time on new portal? would that delay the application further. Please help!

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2022
I have been sending emails and webforms to Ircc and sometimes I get generic responses but lately I’ve been getting a response to my email from their representatives (not generic).

Is it advisable to reply back those emails? Or send another fresh email? Cus I’m tired

I’m even tempted to reply one of those emails and ask them WHY THEY HAVE TIME TO TYPE AND RESPOND BUT THEY CANT USE THAT SAME TIME TO CARRY MY FILE AND WORK ON IT. it just doesn’t make sense how do they’ve time to respond to emails but can’t carry my file, they can clearly see application number there arrhgghhhhhhh no be reply I wan chop o
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by srke2022(f): 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2022
Good day,

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application.

it's a general reply, nothing specific.

kokojohnson:
Hello srke2002, what is the content of the genera reply they sent to you? please can you post it here for assistant?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Drawer: 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
Ena20:

Congratulations on your approval. Please what is your timeline. Is it a spousal visit visa or regular tourist visa? What did you do to help facilitate it? Do you have a USA visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
srke2022:

There have been many delays lately on temporary resident applications, which I think is general and may not necessarily apply to your son's file. Apart from the backlogs, the immigration authorities are trying to clear up; there has been recent news from the office of the immigration minister prioritizing last-minute decisions on students resuming for September intake. Let us hope we start seeing some responses on visit visas and other temporary resident applications soon post-school resumption.

Since you already have two same applications running on GC key, I think you should hold on and see what happens in the coming weeks, most especially when school has fully resumed. Creating a third might delay your application further as the officers now have to consider information declared in the three applications. Except you want to cancel the second submission and re-apply on the new portal but bear in mind that possible implication would be that your application would be reviewed all over again if you decide to re-apply.

This won't affect the decision on your child's application as long as you meet all their eligibility checks for a temporary resident visa. Once a decision is made on one of your applications, probably the first submission, the other will automatically be cancelled.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
perfectbecky:
Thank you for your response, please can I contact you privately?

Sure, you can but might delay in responding to you due to my other schedules but will surely respond if you are not in a hurry.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 12:52am On Sep 03, 2022
Please do they close at the Immigration office in Kenya?
Cus they no suppose dey sleep ooo nor close for the day ooo�

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sethtsadopp: 2:25am On Sep 03, 2022
Please I have a few questions about PTA.
Most banks, I have read that Travel date must be within the next 2 weeks, meaning travel date not more than 14 days from PTA purchase date.

1. Does this mean I have to wait 2 weeks to my travel date to apply? But I have heard that it takes several weeks to get it, so doesn't that mean my travel date will arrive before I'm able to get the PTA?

2. Secondly, if it happens that way and travel date comes before I get the PTA, will I still get it?

3. I have GTB, ACCESS, STANBIC, STERLING and UBA. Is there any of these that is best to use to get PTA faster or the bank doesn't really matter.

4. Lastly, on the average, how long does it generally take now to get PTA. Trip is to Singapore.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jbloggs(m): 6:32am On Sep 03, 2022
roblance:

I don't mind learning from your experiences.

I will be coming to canada soon, though am still praying they grant me the tourist visa.

We shall be waiting to hear the good news.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Memepics: 12:53pm On Sep 03, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
Wallet AFRICA has been moving mad lately talmbout they don’t have dollar yen yen yen

Kindly sign up Geegpay.com and use. It’s swift and fast.

I used it yesterday. 120CAD = $93.52

Bro, please do you know how deactivate a geegpay account?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2022
I don’t understand. Deactivate how?

[quote author=Memepics post=116314758][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Memepics: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
I don’t understand. Deactivate how?

I no longer want to have that account. I want to delete/close it

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (1114) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.