Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2316399 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (1097) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CanDaddy: 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ena20:
Good Morning everyone, Please how long does it take to get your passport back after submitting it for apporval

I am interested in this also
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BK23: 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
Guys abeg is it that they aren’t attending to VVs at all? I’m not talking about Student’s spouse/kids VV applications or reapplications because they are definitely attending to those. Just read that they are shifting focus from Work permits to Study permits. Is it that they aren’t taking regular VV seriously? They don’t think we are important? After collecting application fee? Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sara2022: 6:59pm On Aug 30, 2022
So the people that have delays in their application were not transparent?

CanDaddy:
Been in Canada for a while and in my dealings with IRCC I think the code is just be transparent. Waiting on my wife and kids PR application to pull through so I applied for a VV for my wife n two little boys. POF was just $2kCAD which I even explained that she took it as a loan

Applied July 12th 2022
Biometrics uploaded 13th July 2022
VV approved 20th July.

That was her first visa she has zero travel history.

In my own opinion just b plain n nothing bogus

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mizlita: 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2022
It’s really tiring. Donno what their problem is self

BK23:
Guys abeg is it that they aren’t attending to VVs at all? I’m not talking about Student’s spouse/kids VV applications or reapplications because they are definitely attending to those. Just read that they are shifting focus from Work permits to Study permits. Is it that they aren’t taking regular VV seriously? They don’t think we are important? After collecting application fee? Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Guse: 7:38pm On Aug 30, 2022

lol...be calming down....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrsoriginality: 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good evening, my Nairalanders. Please I need help. I want to apply for a Canada visit visa with my family, I ahvent been to Canada and we don't have any family there, just friends. We have travel history US. UK. Dubai, shenghen. What and what do I need for people that that have family over there? Your advice is urhetky needed. Please the gurus should not ignore please .�
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by piscesnow(f): 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
Please is can anyone who has filled an application recently for VV confirm if a family form was filled? In the past using the paper application then though there is usually a family form for siblings and addresses but can’t find it on the form I filled via IRCC portal. Please help so I don’t send incomplete application. Thanks a lot
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
BK23:
They don't care o, they advised people to reapply to the new portal while not offering refunds for the old applications. and nothing happened. Indirectly they are saying if you dont have important thing to do( as defined by them) in Canada don’t apply. https://www.mondaq.com/canada/work-visas/1112086/ircc-requests-certain-travelers-to-submit-new-visitor-visa-applications

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omobolarin: 11:17pm On Aug 30, 2022
Congrats.
I am also a PR holder in the process of sponsoring my wife and daughter. I wish to apply for their visit visa to spend time with me during Xmas. I would like to know if you already got AOR or sponsor approval of the PR before applying their visit visa?
Thanks
CanDaddy:
Been in Canada for a while and in my dealings with IRCC I think the code is just be transparent. Waiting on my wife and kids PR application to pull through so I applied for a VV for my wife n two little boys. POF was just $2kCAD which I even explained that she took it as a loan

Applied July 12th 2022
VV approved 20th July.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 11:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 11:44pm On Aug 30, 2022
Mrsoriginality:
Good evening, my Nairalanders. Please I need help. I want to apply for a Canada visit visa with my family, I ahvent been to Canada and we don't have any family there, just friends. We have travel history US. UK. Dubai, shenghen. What and what do I need for people that that have family over there? Your advice is urhetky needed. Please the gurus should not ignore please .�

Your question is not clear
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 11:46pm On Aug 30, 2022
House34:

Are you a student in canada or which status pls??

Becos taken a loan to fund a visit trip is extra strange

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CanDaddy: 4:19am On Aug 31, 2022
Guse:

lol...be calming down....
Just don't know where the violence is coming from, I just started what I felt worked for me. May God help us all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CanDaddy: 4:21am On Aug 31, 2022
Omobolarin:
Congrats.
I am also a PR holder in the process of sponsoring my wife and daughter. I wish to apply for their visit visa to spend time with me during Xmas. I would like to know if you already got AOR or sponsor approval of the PR before applying their visit visa?
Thanks

Yes sir. We already got AOR and that's first stage approval that the VO needs vis-a-vis oda docs.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by piscesnow(f): 5:34am On Aug 31, 2022
tempzi:

I applied in February this ye gckey portal I filled family form o
Thanks a lot I can’t seem to see it on the IRCC one. Please was it a separate form?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 6:08am On Aug 31, 2022
tempzi:

Taking loan is not strange, maybe to u, una too dey fear IRCC lol. Anything is possible with IRCC it just depends on how established you are, your documents and how you package your sop. Most of these Indians they use loan as pof for studies and other purpose of visits

Taking a loan for a study purpose is totally different from taking a loan for a visitor viisa..if you do not have a strong tie to canada like a family and u stated u funding ur pleasure / holiday / relaxing/ non-esstenial visit to see niagara falll with a loan .logically it shows you not financially in good standing to make that trip and u be refuse..am a pr holder before l become a canadian citizen and l know what am saying,go and make ur resreach and you will understand all this differences in dealing with ircc .the canadian system placed so much value on family living together and that the great plus that man family got the visa as a pr holder with a pr application in process and delay most likely due to ircc backlog

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olakunle10: 6:37am On Aug 31, 2022
[Congratulations. Please, did you apply on behalf on your wife or she applied directly herself? Please if you did for her, what platform did you use? Thank you..quote author=CanDaddy post=116184132]Been in Canada for a while and in my dealings with IRCC I think the code is just be transparent. Waiting on my wife and kids PR application to pull through so I applied for a VV for my wife n two little boys. POF was just $2kCAD which I even explained that she took it as a loan

Applied July 12th 2022
VV approved 20th July.

In my own opinion just b plain n nothing bogus[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrsoriginality: 7:36am On Aug 31, 2022
tempzi:

Your question is not clear
I am sorry for the typo. I mean, for people that don't have family in Canada, what category of visit visa do we need? And all the necessary document do I need. Thank you @tempzi
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iskilayodele: 8:06am On Aug 31, 2022
Just ensure you have enough money in your account , be gainfully employed then apply for tourist visa.

Good luck

Mrsoriginality:
I am sorry for the typo. I mean, for people that don't have family in Canada, what category of visit visa do we need? And all the necessary document do I need. Thank you @tempzi
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omobolarin: 10:11am On Aug 31, 2022
Alright. Thanks a bunch.
CanDaddy:

Yes sir. We already got AOR and that's first stage approval that the VO needs vis-a-vis oda docs.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ena20: 10:24am On Aug 31, 2022
Hello, please can anyone help .
I got a call from a Dhl Abuja agent that my file was returned from vfs Abuja because I didn’t pay N9410 for transmission fee .

I got no messages from vfs. On calling the same number back, another person picked up and he asked for my tracking number and he said the current update was that my package was delivered and signed for by Canada vfs .

I didn’t pay for Dhl 2- way courier. I paid for the one-way return fee and attached the receipt . I’ve tried mailing vfs, no response . Has anyone been in this situation before ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by srke2022(f): 11:32am On Aug 31, 2022
Hi Everyone, I applied for my newborn son in Nov 2021 and reapplied in May 2022 since I didn't hear anything back. Both applications are active and on gckey. I have contacted the nairobi office and they sent a general reply. what should I do now? should I apply a third time on new portal? would that delay the application further. Please help!

P.S : both my husband and I have active visitor visas
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CanDaddy: 2:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
olakunle10:
[Congratulations. Please, did you apply on behalf on your wife or she applied directly herself? Please if you did for her, what platform did you use? Thank you..quote author=CanDaddy post=116184132]Been in Canada for a while and in my dealings with IRCC I think the code is just be transparent. Waiting on my wife and kids PR application to pull through so I applied for a VV for my wife n two little boys. POF was just $2kCAD which I even explained that she took it as a loan

Applied July 12th 2022
VV approved 20th July.

I applied for her on the new portal I also signed the use of representative form along with the application for the three of them. You will also need to write an authorization letter acknowledging that u gave the go-ahead for her to travel with the kids.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oma007: 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hello, this happened to me. I sent my passport to Abuja on Thursday and received it today saying i need to make balance payment , as transmission fee is NGN10,400.
I dont know what to do anymore, if i should just drop off my passport at VAC Lagos. My school resumption date was extended for me to September 7th but I am also worried that I may not meet it.

Ena20:
Hello, please can anyone help .
I got a call from a Dhl Abuja agent that my file was returned from vfs Abuja because I didn’t pay N9410 for transmission fee .

I got no messages from vfs. On calling the same number back, another person picked up and he asked for my tracking number and he said the current update was that my package was delivered and signed for by Canada vfs .

I didn’t pay for Dhl 2- way courier. I paid for the one-way return fee and attached the receipt . I’ve tried mailing vfs, no response . Has anyone been in this situation before ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2022
Wallet AFRICA has been moving mad lately talmbout they don’t have dollar yen yen yen

Kindly sign up Geegpay.com and use. It’s swift and fast.

I used it yesterday. 120CAD = $93.52

Ikiloba:
You can create a virtual us dollar card on https://app.wallets.africa/login and make payments it's faster and it goes through.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chekz169: 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2022
Just to share some good news, Keeping a positive mind and believing in your creator remains the key. The same week I got a Canada Visa rejection was the same week I got a US Visa approval. The US consular flipped my passport page by page and counted total of 12 visa's. LMAO and he asked me to explain the purpose of my visit to each of those visa stickers. And when we got to Mexico visa... it ended up in laughter when i told him I visited temptation resort in Cancún.

chekz169:

As at 24th August…. Canada just did their best with a rejection letter.. I’m not surprise tho… Lmao! Like I submitted all I can like;
- Conference letter and recommendation letter
- 2 land documents in Nigeria
- Bank statement 10k plus euros
- Previous visa and valid visa’s (3 UK visa’s, Germany, Ireland, Mexico, Turkey, 2 Kenya, Dubai, Tanzania) I have been to over 14 countries
- 2 Old family photos
- Two Jobs contract letters (Main job and Mini job)
- 5 months pay slips
- Current residence permit
- hotel reservations
- flight reservations
- statement of purpose
- health insurance
- city registration and resident authorization
- house rent contract
(This are the docs that I could remember)

What else do they really want fam! Lol. The funny part was getting the rejection letter after the proposed conference ended 5 days go.

@olasubomy @Yungbilli

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Drawer: 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2022
It’s been months i heard someone’s VV was approved. What is really happening with ircc? �‍♂️
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Guse: 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2022
very apt ...

Drawer:
It’s been months i heard someone’s VV was approved. What is really happening with ircc? �‍♂️
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadingo: 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
chekz169:
Just to share some good news, Keeping a positive mind and believing in your creator remains the key. The same week I got a Canada Visa rejection was the same week I got a US Visa approval. The US consular flipped my passport page by page and counted total of 12 visa's. LMAO and he asked me to explain the purpose of my visit to each of those visa stickers. And when we got to Mexico visa... it ended up in laughter when i told him I visited temptation resort in Cancún.

I'm so happy for you cheesy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrsoriginality: 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
iskilayodele:
Just ensure you have enough money in your account, be gainfully employed then apply for a tourist visa.

Good luck

Thanks a bunch. Please what documents do I need that will help to convince the VO? Help a sis.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2022
Drawer:
It’s been months i heard someone’s VV was approved. What is really happening with ircc? Please read the link below ���

�‍♂️https://twitter.com/TTRRMK/status/1564608646121766920?t=TaSXtncrF-gzuqL47-O_Zw&s=08

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 1:18am On Sep 01, 2022
Mrsoriginality:
Thanks a bunch. Please what documents do I need that will help to convince the VO? Help a sis.

The documents u need are on the ircc website,the emphasis for vv is how well you are established in home country and sufficient pof, +- travel history

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (1097) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: tblaze007(m), williamszooh, AlphaLady(f), TradeSunMoore and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.