Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321819 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shamaaa: 10:27am On Mar 28, 2023
reggy11:

I checked my old application I submitted since November 2022, it is in eligibility review, I dont know when this started i never received any notification, I have submitted a new one on the IRCC new portal though,
My Question : How long does it take when Eligibility has started, my concern is, the conference is in first week in May, will l be able to meet up?

Thanks

I saw the same yesterday when i checked. My application was submitted on the old portal in November, 2021. In January 2023, i reapplied on the new portal. The eligibility started on the old application from 2021 not the new one. It's a Tourist Visiting Visa. To everyone that has a pending application, I will say, be patient.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wales1111: 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2023
House34:

Oga if ur wife his american then apply green card...green card holder do not need visa to visit canada
we are on that already it's not out yet but I want to visit my uncle in canada by June this year that's why I am applying for canada visit visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sunshine087: 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
Hi everyone, is it necessary to book an appointment before going for biometric in Lagos?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tolifefun: 7:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
sunshine087:
Hi everyone, is it necessary to book an appointment before going for biometric in Lagos?
it is compulsory to book an appointment before going for biometrics
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tolifefun: 7:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
[quote author=josephb post=122115491]Hi,

What is in the letter?

Biometrics Validity information?

[/
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tolifefun: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
Dreamchaser12:
My Canadian tourist visa got the first update after 4 years lol, Got a correspondence email yesterday 😂.
what!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tolifefun: 7:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
Wales1111:
Pls is there anyone who applied for his or her visitor visa this year and have gotten a visa yet ?
i don't think it is possible. Canada is focused on generating income for the development of the country. They attend to students faster than visitors. At times,Visitor visa takes up to 351 days or more
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zubizareta(m): 10:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
Dreamchaser12:
My Canadian tourist visa got the first update after 4 years lol, Got a correspondence email yesterday 😂.

Lol. What if your passport has expired within this period?? What will be your fate?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dreamchaser12: 8:30am On Mar 29, 2023
zubizareta:

Lol. What if your passport has expired within this period?? What will be your fate?

Lol 😆, My passport is still very much active.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 9:08am On Mar 29, 2023
zubizareta:

You renew and reach out to IRCC via web form.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chlowi(f): 11:30am On Mar 29, 2023
ChiKen2027:

You renew and reach out to IRCC via web form.

Renew isn't exactly easy these days
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chlowi(f): 11:31am On Mar 29, 2023
Tolifefun:
what!
cheesy cheesy cheesy e reach to shout abeg , 4 years ? This guy wan finally dash hopes lol

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mudah001: 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
Hello everyone I apply for a visit visa on a conference which as been hold on feb3 2023..still now I haven’t get any update on my visa application.now I have got another conference which will be holding in may. The question is can I add the additional conference document to my application or I should open another application for the new conference entirely…pls everyone
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 5:51pm On Mar 29, 2023
zubizareta:

He will get a new passport and then update her application records by uploading the data page of the new passport through the IRCC webform.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Muna0706: 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I am applying for a visitor visit visa for my wife to birth in Canada.
Her sister, who is a citizen, is inviting us.
I am concerned that if we get the visa and show up pregnant, we might be turned down at POE or affect chances in future applications.

I am now considering adding the statement below to the invitation letter to be signed by my sister-in-law.

"Time of visit/Duration: From 17th May to 31st May 2023 / Two weeks.

Please note that if it is permissible, I would love for my sister to stay for eight additional weeks to have her baby here in Canada. It will give me great pleasure to participate in welcoming their newborn, as I have not seen any of her children before. Her family can foot the bill for birthing here in Canada, and they can prove that"

is this a suicide mission?
Has anyone tried this before?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 6:31pm On Mar 29, 2023
Hi,

Honestly for a while now i haven't been able to answer this question, despite been asked couple of times, a lot more people have done this and worked for them, some people stated it and got approved why some stated it and got denied.

Furthermore, some people disguised as visitors/tourists had their kids and left, subsequently, when asked at POE presented a zero balance receipts and were allowed in again.

In short, just wait for other people's opinions or check this forum/thread from the first page and read through;

https://www.nairaland.com/1346880/giving-birth-canada

Regards,

Muna0706:
Hi Everyone,
I am concerned that if we get the visa and show up pregnant, we might be turned down at POE or affect chances in future applications.

I am now considering adding the statement below to the invitation letter to be signed by my sister-in-law.

Please note that if it is permissible, I would love for my sister to stay for eight additional weeks to have her baby here in Canada. It will give me great pleasure to participate in welcoming their newborn, as I have not seen any of her children before. Her family can foot the bill for birthing here in Canada, and they can prove that"

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennyjoy(m): 6:55pm On Mar 29, 2023
Muna0706:
Hi Everyone,

The bolded phrases are okay if you add it to the invitation letter, but how many weeks is your wife pregnancy? Because with the processing time of visitors visa and approval rate for visit is quite low for now, but we can't tell, you might be lucky she get her visa approved before her due date.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Muna0706: 10:39pm On Mar 29, 2023
josephb:
Hi,

Honestly for a while now i haven't been able to answer this question, despite been asked couple of times, a lot more people have done this and worked for them, some people stated it and got approved why some stated it and got denied.

Furthermore, some people disguised as visitors/tourists had their kids and left, subsequently, when asked at POE presented a zero balance receipts and were allowed in again.

In short, just wait for other people's opinions or check this forum/thread from the first page and read through;

https://www.nairaland.com/1346880/giving-birth-canada

Regards,

very helpful. Thank you very much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Muna0706: 10:40pm On Mar 29, 2023
kennyjoy:

The bolded phrases are okay if you add it to the invitation letter, but how many weeks is your wife pregnancy? Because with the processing time of visitors visa and approval rate for visit is quite low for now, but we can't tell, you might be lucky she get her visa approved before her due date.

Yes, she is 28 weeks gone already.
Just want to give a try none the less
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:40pm On Mar 29, 2023
Muna0706:

Yes, she is 28 weeks gone already.
Just want to give a try none the less

You can go ahead.
The visa might be useful for next delivery after this 😋.

I wish you all the best

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zirconia16: 3:24am On Mar 30, 2023
Lol! I just wanted to say this! My cousin who applied for visa in Jan 2021 to give birth is still waiting for the visa. I that applied July 2022 to give birth I'm still waiting. Baby is almost 3 months now. What I realized is that this Canada visa thing has no pattern. I see some folks who even applied this year/late last year have gotten their visas while some like us are still waiting. Hope your case is miraculously different. Best wishes!
oluayebenz:

You can go ahead.
The visa might be useful for next delivery after this 😋.

I wish you all the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Testimonytime: 3:49am On Mar 30, 2023
Hello all
Quick question
My husband was approved on 23rd Feb and my children were rejected. I discovered today 28th March that my 4 years was actually approved now it’s over 30 days. Please what do I do? I’m desperate to see my babby, Iv not seen him in 15 months

Please help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 7:19am On Mar 30, 2023
Testimonytime:
Hello all
Quick question
My husband was approved on 23rd Feb and my children were rejected. I discovered today 28th March that my 4 years was actually approved now it’s over 30 days. Please what do I do? I’m desperate to see my babby, Iv not seen him in 15 months

Please help
Send Webform and explain you didn’t notice the approval on time, another one will be issued. Also try to call vfs and explain things, it’s possible they over look it (not sure but I’ve seen someone posted this).
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 8:56am On Mar 30, 2023
Zirconia16:
Lol! I just wanted to say this! My cousin who applied for visa in Jan 2021 to give birth is still waiting for the visa. I that applied July 2022 to give birth I'm still waiting. Baby is almost 3 months now. What I realized is that this Canada visa thing has no pattern. I see some folks who even applied this year/late last year have gotten their visas while some like us are still waiting. Hope your case is miraculously different. Best wishes!

Canadian embassy aren't serious with visiting/tourist visa.
It takes them forever to treat a single application.

It's better to have their visa handy before thinking of childbirth or the best is to look elsewhere.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 8:58am On Mar 30, 2023
Testimonytime:
Hello all
Quick question

Please help

Send your passport in immediately with a letter of explanation.
Or you reach them out via webform
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mudah001: 9:48am On Mar 30, 2023
Hello everyone I apply for a visit visa on a conference which as been hold on feb3 2023..still now I haven’t get any update on my visa application.now I have got another conference which will be holding in may. The question is can I add the additional conference document to my application or I should open another application for the new conference entirely…pls everyone
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 11:09am On Mar 30, 2023
People of God my tourist visa just entered eligibility stage since May 2022.

Please how long does this stage take before final approval.
I was almost about to withdraw the application since i have applied for spousal sponsorship. Now i want to know how long this eligibility takes for most applicant on this type of visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2023
When did it enter eligibility?

It can take from a moment to some months.

Makibarbie:
People of God my tourist visa just entered eligibility stage since May 2022.

Please how long does this stage take before final approval.
I was almost about to withdraw the application since i have applied for spousal sponsorship. Now i want to know how long this eligibility takes for most applicant on this type of visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
I just received my GCMS note, the eligibility passed, criminality passed and information sharing in progress and my status showing they are reviewing my eligibility. pls what does this mean.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2023
When did you apply?

Hola55:
I just received my GCMS note, the eligibility passed, criminality passed and information sharing in progress and my status showing they are reviewing my eligibility. pls what does this mean.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
April 15th 2022. Eligibility started March 9

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: RonkeGoke(f) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.