Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2309965 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by reggy11: 1:47pm On Mar 23, 2023
I checked my old application I submitted since November 2022, it is in eligibility review, I dont know when this started i never received any notification, I have submitted a new one on the IRCC new portal though,
My Question : How long does it take when Eligibility has started, my concern is, the conference is in first week in May, will l be able to meet up?

Thanks

obazi:
@Ashirioluwa
Please pardon my ignorant and question. kindly explain how visit visa is been processed. From Submission of Application,Eligibility Review, background check too and down to Final Approval.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 2:45pm On Mar 23, 2023
Approval coming your way in Jesus name. Amen

reggy11:

I checked my old application I submitted since November 2022, it is in eligibility review, I dont know when this started i never received any notification, I have submitted a new one on the IRCC new portal though,
My Question : How long does it take when Eligibility has started, my concern is, the conference is in first week in May, will l be able to meet up?

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 3:41pm On Mar 23, 2023
reggy11:

Thanks

The eligibility review process might take as little as one week or as much as three months or more to complete.

The background check differs from person to person. Each application is evaluated differently, and when the background check is started, it is usually completed within a 3-month time frame in general, but sometimes it can take more than 3 months to complete.

Some folks are lucky and get decision notices within 6 months after they submit their application, whereas some applications for visitor visas are more than 2 years old now.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by otedola1(m): 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2023
ChiKen2027:

Good morning,

I will suggest you use your personal account that has your name as it is on your passport. 10M naira(equivalent to > 25,000 cad officially) is more than enough if you are a tourist/Visitor for just 1 month, depending on your planned stay. I am not sure if you are the single signatory to your company account but know that it is a separate entity to you. However, on the additional documents, you can include the company account also to show a strong tie to your home country. If your statement is busy and shows a consistent business transaction, you pay tax, and have all related company registration documents, it is more than enough tie to bring you back to your country in addition to your family.

Nevertheless, make sure you clearly explain in your letter of explanation. You scan the letter of explanation on the first page and list the sequence of documents in it.

Thanks for good respond #chiken

both the acct is busy account, whit good Turnover....
anothe quick question? maybe i summit my account info whit #10.m and after aweek the account Balance come down to 2M because am business man buy and sell,hope i wont have issue whit balance not up to 10m again?
that is why i said is busy acct, wish i can print #150M IN 4MONTH

....i hope by God grace i will write my own good news on this Forum soon

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mama12345: 1:34am On Mar 24, 2023
Please i have a question, the travel date on that application submitted was October for my flight ticket however, I had to open the ticket and cancel the hotel reservation done as the application from July 16th is still being processed, please what do i do? I can't spend money buying a new ticket again, i opened the current one i have but they can't issue me another ticket until i have a travel date and seeing that the application is still being processed, i don't want to spend more money choosing a date and i don't even know when the visa would be issued. I don't even know if i should make another hotel reservation, but i don't even have a travel date because i don't know how long the visa processing will take. Please can someone advise me?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maria96: 1:39am On Mar 24, 2023
mama12345:
Please i have a question, the travel date on that application submitted was October for my flight ticket however, I had to open the ticket and cancel the hotel reservation done as the application from July 16th is still being processed, please what do i do? I can't spend money buying a new ticket again, i opened the current one i have but they can't issue me another ticket until i have a travel date and seeing that the application is still being processed, i don't want to spend more money choosing a date and i don't even know when the visa would be issued. I don't even know if i should make another hotel reservation, but i don't even have a travel date because i don't know how long the visa processing will take. Please can someone advise me?
just wait till they process your application. Its not advisable to do hotel reservations or ticket for Canada visa because of their processing time. Many of those who have gotten the visa here didn’t have reservations for flight or hotel.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by McMONO: 4:46am On Mar 24, 2023
MightyRance:
Hello, Good evening everyone.

I applied for visit visa, and i got an approval and i have submitted my passport to VFS.

Please how long does it take for vfs to return my passport?

And again, for those that has travelled using visit/tourist visa, what questions does immigration officers ask at the airport.

Please i need answer/help.

Thanks.

Hello Please were you required to do medical for the tourist visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 9:18am On Mar 24, 2023
mama12345:

Hello,

What you need to use was a Ticket reservation for Visa Application, not the confirmed Ticket. However, what you should do is keep it open. Do hotel and ticket reservation only not confirmed if needed for the purpose of your application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 9:28am On Mar 24, 2023
otedola1:

Thanks for good respond #chiken

both the acct is busy account, whit good Turnover....
anothe quick question? maybe i summit my account info whit #10.m and after aweek the account Balance come down to 2M because am business man buy and sell,hope i wont have issue whit balance not up to 10m again?
that is why i said is busy acct, wish i can print #150M IN 4MONTH

....i hope by God grace i will write my own good news on this Forum soon

My brother, it doesn't matter. Once you meet the minimum requirements, you are good to go. Your business account being busy is a good sign that your business is active. This is also a good feel for it to be viewed as tied to your home country. Use your personal account and keep the balance in good shape through the application. Then only use the business account as a home tie under the additional documents section where you will have your letter of explanation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by otedola1(m): 9:41am On Mar 24, 2023
thanks
ChiKen2027:

My brother, it doesn't matter. Once you meet the minimum requirements, you are good to go. Your business account being busy is a good sign that your business is active. This is also a good feel for it to be viewed as tied to your home country. Use your personal account and keep the balance in good shape through the application. Then only use the business account as a home tie under the additional documents section where you will have your letter of explanation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 10:38am On Mar 24, 2023
ChiKen2027:

Hello,

What you need to use was a Ticket reservation for Visa Application, not the confirmed Ticket. However, what you should do is keep it open. Do hotel and ticket reservation only not confirmed if needed for the purpose of your application.

You do not need an open ticket..what the visa officer is looking for his ur ability to afford ur trip..so if u make a screen shot of ticket price and the hotel price then write in ur letter how you able to afford this estimated price that all u need for canada visa application..do not waste ur money or time booking a ticket when you do not even know when the visa officer will open ur file.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2023
[quote author=Ashirioluwa post=122003755]

Eligibility review and background check since February
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2023
mama12345:

Not advisable to buy ticket until the outcome of visa application especially for Canada visa. Some folks who applied since 2021 are still waiting.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wales1111: 2:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
Pls I am having difficulty in making payment online is anyone facing the same problem. I want to do that before my biometric pls help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jenniferade: 5:22pm On Mar 24, 2023
Hello Everyone, I applied for my visit visa from UK to see my fiancée who is a Canadian citizen. The travelling date was Dec 23 and it’s a 2weeks trip because I work in the Uk. The application is 6months now and I don’t have feedback yet. I messaged the canada immigration in London and they replied that they are dealing with Ukrainian visa for now and my application will be reviewed. I don’t know if I should cancel my application and reapply since my travelling date already gone. I will appreciate your response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DrOBD(m): 6:23pm On Mar 24, 2023
oriazowan:

Thank you very much I ll do just that.

Have you received your passport? Were you able to track on UPS?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 6:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
Jenniferade:
Hello Everyone, I applied for my visit visa from UK to see my fiancée who is a Canadian citizen. The travelling date was Dec 23 and it’s a 2weeks trip because I work in the Uk. The application is 6months now and I don’t have feedback yet. I messaged the canada immigration in London and they replied that they are dealing with Ukrainian visa for now and my application will be reviewed. I don’t know if I should cancel my application and reapply since my travelling date already gone. I will appreciate your response

Your application is already in queue. You can apply for your GCMS notes to monitor what is going on. I dont think you should cancel it. Just be patient.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Uju4real002: 6:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
reggy11:

Thanks

Pls did you send them wed form before the Eligibility started
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2023
Mysha03:
I noticed the anomaly some minutes after submission. I sent webform explaining the situation around January and I’m yet to get a response to that effect. I’ll call the customer service today

HI Mysha03 - Do you have any progress on this? Has IRCC responded back to your webform?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tolifefun: 8:40pm On Mar 24, 2023
Classicswagz:

This is what my application is saying that is why I want to do another application so I want to ask guys I have an invitation letter now do I need to do police report and medical report in my application or it’s fine without it just my bank statements and properties.
you don't need police character or medical for visitor Visa. For student visa, medical is needed
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 9:02am On Mar 25, 2023
McMONO:

Hello Please were you required to do medical for the tourist visa?

You don’t need medical for tourist visa

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by reggy11: 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yes I sent a web form in February I can't remember the date with additional conference documents, then a renewed Fixed deposit certificate that I stated in the explanation letter that is was for that purpose, and a short explanation as a gentle reminder that the conference start in first week of May that I need to make my travel plans
When the eligibility started I don't know but presently they are reviewing my eligibility
I pray I doesn't takes a long time.

quote author=Uju4real002 post=122034393]
Pls did you send them wed form before the Eligibility started[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hadigun: 2:05am On Mar 26, 2023
josephb:
Hi Jennifer,

Have you recently checked your Eligibility status whether it has started?

Regards,

We are in thesame shoes… let’s be patient
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iskilayodele: 11:23am On Mar 26, 2023
Who can assist me on how to send money to Nairobi , Kenya?

Foreign transfer is out of bond in Nigeria

Help!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adelejane: 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
What God cannot do does not exist

PPR for i and 2 children, it was a very long wait but God did it !

My children got their PPR on the 28th of February but I only received a correspondence letter after almost a month my PPR dropped on the 23rd of March. Wishing everyone still waiting the best and congratulations on advance

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 2:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
Pls wen did u eligibility start?
adelejane:

My children got their PPR on the 28th of February but I only received a correspondence letter after almost a month my PPR dropped on the 23rd of March. Wishing everyone still waiting the best and congratulations on advance
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adelejane: 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2023
In December ….I think mid December ……
angie88:
Pls wen did u eligibility start?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 4:40pm On Mar 26, 2023
Ok. Congratulations to u and ur kids
adelejane:
In December ….I think mid December ……
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChiKen2027: 5:02pm On Mar 26, 2023
Congratulations!

adelejane:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jenniferade: 11:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
hadigun:

We are in thesame shoes… let’s be patient
It is well, when was your application completed?
I don’t understand what’s happening anymore. The processing time is now 30days and yet eligibility check haven’t started for 6 months application

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.