Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2337838 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (1108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by timba4love(m): 6:05am On May 23, 2023
Emmafe:
Also have your marriage certificate and spouse’s letter of enrollment. Someone that traveled recently was asked.

Thanks for the heads up..God bless
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by henricson(m): 6:15am On May 23, 2023
Hello Everyone.

Please I need your advice based on your various experiences presently.
I helped my sister apply for a visitor's visa on September 25, 2022, my younger sister and the husband are the ones who invited her, and she was supposed to visit between Nov. 2022 - Mar. 2023. But we have updated her visit schedule to between Jul. - Sept. 2023 since the earlier timeline is past.

Also, I applied for GCMS notes on Mar. 2, 2023, and got it on Apr. 1, 2023. But the were no entries entered yet. However, I just applied again today being May 23, 2023 to view the status since 2 other people I applied for in Oct. 2022 have received their approvals this May 2023.
I decided to come to Nairaland as this site was super helpful when I applied for my study permit in 2018, and so far I have seen some things new to me.

I notice people mentioning receiving a BVL after application. Please what is a BVL and its significance? I am assuming it is Biometric Validation Letter? Based on the tracker, I see only biometric has been completed, background check is still on going, and eligibility is not started yet.
Lastly, from the GCMS notes I received in April 2023, I see that Nairobi is the Primary Visa Office and London is the Secondary Visa Office for my sister's application.
Considering that the application progress timeline is 8 months now, is it okay to send an email? I see negative feedbacks on sending emails to the Nairobi Office. Is it advisable to send to the Lagos or Abuja office then?

NB: My sister has an initial refusal in Feb. 2022, and a US visitor's visa refusal in 2017. I was assuming this could cause delays due to background checks via the 5 eyes (USA, UK, New Zealand, Australia & Canada).

Kindly share your thoughts, this will be very much appreciated.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gimakon2(m): 6:33am On May 23, 2023
Emmafe:
It’s PPR guys!!!

I will update later I’m still celebrating

Congrats nwanne. We thank GOD for u
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 7:16am On May 23, 2023
Succeed04:
This is so tiring, Application since 2020.
No BVL Yet
Eligibility completed
Biometric completed
Background check in progress. Since last updated April 19.

Someone we applied together already have her passport stamped.
God go do m, just keep sending mails and Webform. I’ve seen ppl receive bvl n ppr same time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 7:31am On May 23, 2023
henricson:
Hello Everyone.

Please I need your advice based on your various experiences presently.
I helped my sister apply for a visitor's visa on September 25, 2022, my younger sister and the husband are the ones who invited her, and she was supposed to visit between Nov. 2022 - Mar. 2023. But we have updated her visit schedule to between Jul. - Sept. 2023 since the earlier timeline is past.

Also, I applied for GCMS notes on Mar. 2, 2023, and got it on Apr. 1, 2023. But the were no entries entered yet. However, I just applied again today being May 23, 2023 to view the status since 2 other people I applied for in Oct. 2022 have received their approvals this May 2023.
I decided to come to Nairaland as this site was super helpful when I applied for my study permit in 2018, and so far I have seen some things new to me.

I notice people mentioning receiving a BVL after application. Please what is a BVL and its significance? I am assuming it is Biometric Validation Letter? Based on the tracker, I see only biometric has been completed, background check is still on going, and eligibility is not started yet.
Lastly, from the GCMS notes I received in April 2023, I see that Nairobi is the Primary Visa Office and London is the Secondary Visa Office for my sister's application.
Considering that the application progress timeline is 8 months now, is it okay to send an email? I see negative feedbacks on sending emails to the Nairobi Office. Is it advisable to send to the Lagos or Abuja office then?

NB: My sister has an initial refusal in Feb. 2022, and a US visitor's visa refusal in 2017. I was assuming this could cause delays due to background checks via the 5 eyes (USA, UK, New Zealand, Australia & Canada).

Kindly share your thoughts, this will be very much appreciated.
Your younger sister should reach out to MP to help her follow up the application. Also send mails and Webform to Nairobi, London, lagos and Abuja. The refusal isn’t the issue, I also had USA refusal in 2016. It will end in praise.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by henricson(m): 7:52am On May 23, 2023
Emmafe:
Your younger sister should reach out to MP to help her follow up the application. Also send mails and Webform to Nairobi, London, lagos and Abuja. The refusal isn’t the issue, I also had USA refusal in 2016. It will end in praise.

Thank you for your response, I will ask my sister to send emails to the Nairobi, London, Lagos and Abuja.
And I will also send webforms as well.

My younger sister had tried to reach out to her MP, but she said that the processing time for Nigeria was 700+ days and there was nothing she could do.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inHisheart: 7:59am On May 23, 2023
PPR is here!!! Omoooooooo💃💃
I'm screaminggggg... Thank God! Thank you guys!
For those still waiting, you will rejoice soon. It will end in Praise🙏

NB: I no think say I go fit work today oo😂😂 happiness wan finish me.

16 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chiomapx(m): 8:02am On May 23, 2023
inHisheart:

Congratulations dear

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 8:03am On May 23, 2023
henricson:

Thank you for your response, I will ask my sister to send emails to the Nairobi, London, Lagos and Abuja.
And I will also send webforms as well.

My younger sister had tried to reach out to her MP, but she said that the processing time for Nigeria was 700+ days and there was nothing she could do.
Reach out to another MP, she should just claim another address. Is she in Ontario?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 8:04am On May 23, 2023
inHisheart:

Congratulation! It’s raining ppr, everyone waiting don’t worry, it’s going round this week. Amen!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 8:04am On May 23, 2023
inHisheart:

Congrats 🎉🍾

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 8:05am On May 23, 2023
Emmafe:
Congratulation! It’s raining ppr, everyone waiting don’t worry, it’s going round this week. Amen!

💯💯💯
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inHisheart: 8:09am On May 23, 2023
My timeline

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jumms442: 8:18am On May 23, 2023
Baddestmaks:

💯💯💯
congratulations woow 🎉🎉, let’s wait it out
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 8:23am On May 23, 2023
inHisheart:
My timeline
This ppl ain’t predictable, that’s why those without bvl yet shouldn’t panic. It’s possible bvl n ppr drops the same time. Just keep the faith alive.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 8:24am On May 23, 2023
Jumms442:

This week no go pass.. 🙏

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 8:24am On May 23, 2023
Jumms442:
It’s dropping soon
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inHisheart: 8:47am On May 23, 2023
Thank you sooo much my people, I appreciate 🙏Honestly, I am still in shock. DYI, first time applicant and no travel history.
@Emmafe I noticed eligibility started immediately for my son should I be expecting his soon?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 8:51am On May 23, 2023
inHisheart:
Thank you sooo much my people, I appreciate 🙏Honestly, I am still in shock. DYI, first time applicant and no travel history.
@Emmafe I noticed eligibility started immediately for my son should I be expecting his soon?
Yes by God’s grace. Give them a week before you start sending msg. Let them know you’ve made arrangements and can’t leave your son behind.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by henricson(m): 9:04am On May 23, 2023
Emmafe:
Reach out to another MP, she should just claim another address. Is she in Ontario?

No, she is in Calgary.
I am the one in Ontario. But I cannot reach out to my MP as I was not the one who invited her.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 9:10am On May 23, 2023
henricson:

No, she is in Calgary.
I am the one in Ontario. But I cannot reach out to my MP as I was not the one who invited her.
She should try other MPs then.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldenedem: 9:15am On May 23, 2023
Emmafe:
Probably a document was missing or he didn’t pay the necessary fee. I can see he sent it to Abuja, did he capture his biometrics in Abuja or lagos? If it was lagos, did he pay transmission fee? If yes, then confirm from the documents below if he included all.

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow / white sticker biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee
N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)

Thank you so much for your reply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inHisheart: 9:18am On May 23, 2023
Ok, thank you so much smiley
Emmafe:
Yes by God’s grace. Give them a week before you start sending msg. Let them know you’ve made arrangements and can’t leave your son behind.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olafash(f): 9:28am On May 23, 2023
congratulations.
Baddestmaks:

Congrats 🎉🍾
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 9:57am On May 23, 2023
If u submitted a letter of consent from ur husband u should hear from them by tomorrow, buh if not, they will send u a msg to send the consent letter and from d time u send the consent letter give them two days
inHisheart:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inHisheart: 10:33am On May 23, 2023
Yes, it was part of the documents we submitted, Fingers crossed then smiley Thank you🙏
angie88:
If u submitted a letter of consent from ur husband u should hear from them by tomorrow, buh if not, they will send u a msg to send the consent letter and from d time u send the consent letter give them two days

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jenniferade: 11:17am On May 23, 2023
Emmafe:
Good day, Please can you help with the MP contact. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 11:21am On May 23, 2023
Pls do well to update us cos am still waiting for one of my kids ppr
inHisheart:
Yes, it was part of the documents we submitted, Fingers crossed then smiley Thank you🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:26am On May 23, 2023
Jenniferade:

Good day, Please can you help with the MP contact. Thank you
The MPs I used, na Ontario and I used my spouse’s address. If your postal code doesn’t tally, they won’t help.

Mail: marco.mendicino@parl.gc.ca
Postal code: You’ve to claim an address with this postal code M6A 0A9.

Anyone that needs MPs intervention can use him. His head correct.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DUPSYSPARKLE: 11:27am On May 23, 2023
Hello everyone I’m new here and just reading through. Please I see everyone referring to a tracker is it different from the stages you see when you log into your application or there is another link to track your application

Will appreciate your feedback
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:30am On May 23, 2023
DUPSYSPARKLE:
Hello everyone I’m new here and just reading through. Please I see everyone referring to a tracker is it different from the stages you see when you log into your application or there is another link to track your application

Will appreciate your feedback
Yes it’s different from ircc portal.

http://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haryour124: 11:46am On May 23, 2023
@emmafe pls how can I contact u private I need u to help me sort out some things pls🙏

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (1108) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.