Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (720) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2331063 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) ... (1105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 1:15am On Jun 03, 2023
LollyPo:

Oh lord! So any advice on what to reply ?

You really need to be careful with your response to them, and I hope he was not given a Ban by the UK embassy.

Meanwhile, you could say it was an oversight not to have mentioned it. You actually thought the question was for Canada's refusal alone. And apologise to them for that. But if your husband was given a ban and you didn't explain the reason for it (because they must have seen it), and tell them if the issue was resolved or not, then it's another chapter of Ban by IRCC. The UK, United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand share a common database; hence you must not tell a verifiable lie or misrepresentation. The listed countries are called "The Five Eyes".

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 1:27am On Jun 03, 2023
Very helpful! Many Thanks!!

gonegreen:

PPR means Passport Request. Meanwhile, you don't need to submit the old passport alongside the new one. Just submit only the new one with a Letter of Explanation. I will advise you also send the Letter of Explanation via webform too.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chelle2016: 2:52am On Jun 03, 2023
Please house , I got refused on this ground , please what does it mean, because I can’t even think well again, I’m about to apply for student visa, I want to know how to arrange myself better ,

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 3:19am On Jun 03, 2023
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your refusal.
I think the VO response was very clear, what was the purpose of your visit?
It will help if you list documents submitted and what you presented as work, home ties, etc.
When did you apply and when did you get this?

Regards,

chelle2016:
Please house , I got refused on this ground , please what does it mean, because I can’t even think well again, I’m about to apply for student visa, I want to know how to arrange myself better ,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 4:05am On Jun 03, 2023
abbeylfc:
Good Evening House,,😫

I'm new here and I really need your help with something that is bothering my mind.

My dad paid an agent since November-2022 for an Unskilled job offer in CANADA,,and I don't really knw what's happening till now.

To cut the long story short, as at March-2023, I got a job offer for the role of a Farmer including an invitation letter stating the conditions of the job through my agent. Please note that all the information I have had came through my Agent's email and not mine.

According to my Agent,,,the LMIA processing fee wud be paid by my employee and every other necessary fee as regards tmy traveing. But I have to be patient for atleast 2months b4 everything can be ready.

Now,,it's over 3months that we've been on this LMIA processing issue but he keeps telling to be patient that my employer is still working on it..

I have searched for the company's details online but i can only get little information about the employers information on the internet.

I have been really skeptical about all the processes but I just need anyone from Nairaland who can assist me with any vital information as regards this processes and I'll be extremely grateful.

God bless you all.

Don’t put any hope on this because it’s 100% scam
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 4:11am On Jun 03, 2023
anselmvictor:
For anyone this info may help,,.... a friend applied since 2020 and just recieved invitation to submit passport just this week. His passport is valid for about 18 months so he rushed to renew to 10 years! Hopefully he will get a 10 years visa stamp

Your friend renewed the passport in Lagos or where?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MrWalban(m): 4:11am On Jun 03, 2023
Hello House,

I applied for a tourist visa for my wife and I in 2021, we did bio-metric in Lagos Sept 2021. We totally forgot about the application since it wasn't forthcoming but recently we received an email about it a month ago. Our PPR letter just came in few days ago. Please what documents are required for me to send alongside my passport as I'll like to avoid any complications. Also, I recently renewed my passport do I have to mail the previous one too? Since the new one already carries the old passport number can I just send the new one alone?

Any credible response would be appreciated, thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vikthor74: 6:37am On Jun 03, 2023
Sundayolayemi:
Looks like tourist visa is just a waste of time. They don't treat it as urgent as other visas. Please has anyone who applied for Tourist Visa since 2021 received PPR yet?
Yes. Mine has been approved
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 6:58am On Jun 03, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Your friend renewed the passport in Lagos or where?
Abuja.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 7:17am On Jun 03, 2023
vikthor74:

Yes. Mine has been approved

A friend applied in 2020 and got PPR last week.
Also, another close friend applied earlier this year and got PPR last 2 weeks.
I applied 2021 and only got BVL in April, awaiting PPR.
I also know someone that applied in this year and got PPR in about 7 weeks (this one has US visa and a much more frequent traveler).

I’m seeing there’s really no exact timeline to this. I have even forgotten about my application until BVL came last month and now that I’m trying to update my new passport.

Since I submitted my application to Canada, I’ve gone on holidays to London and 2 other countries. So imagine I was sticking and waiting for their timely response. I think it’s more comfortable to just submit and move on. Except it’s a medical tourism or maybe school / work which I believe they give top priority regardless.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gimakon2(m): 8:23am On Jun 03, 2023
anselmvictor:

A friend applied in 2020 and got PPR last week.
Also, another close friend applied earlier this year and got PPR last 2 weeks.
I applied 2021 and only got BVL in April, awaiting PPR.
I also know someone that applied in this year and got PPR in about 7 weeks (this one has US visa and a much more frequent traveler).

I’m seeing there’s really no exact timeline to this. I have even forgotten about my application until BVL came last month and now that I’m trying to update my new passport.

Since I submitted my application to Canada, I’ve gone on holidays to London and 2 other countries. So imagine I was sticking and waiting for their timely response. I think it’s more comfortable to just submit and move on. Except it’s a medical tourism or maybe school / work which I believe they give top priority regardless.

Erm
What about peeps coming to meet business investors? What would you think ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 8:50am On Jun 03, 2023
Deronke1:
So I'm finally travelling tomorrow to Vancouver,,, mehn when i reach like this,, i will first of all sit on the floor... Ircc showed me shege
Lol they showed us shege o 😂😂😂

Please once you’re settled kindly share your POE experience. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 03, 2023
Cool
Emmafe:
I booked on the airline website. If you want to pay in naira you’ve to use website like wakanow. If you’ve access to card for int’l payment, book directly on the airline website it’s cheaper.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lyoncrescent: 9:37am On Jun 03, 2023
Emmafe was correct Good Morning. I should have submitted at the Abuja VFS. I submitted my passport at Lagos VFS on Monday the 29th of May and I got the message below yesterday morning . My trip is supposed to be this Sunday and is sponsored by my organisation. Don't know what to do again. When I track it , it says it is under processing at the Canadian visa office.

Your application, tracking ID has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Fri Jun 02 2023. This was the last mail I got.

My colleague submitted his passport in Abuja VFS as he's based in Abuja on Tuesday this week and got a message Thursday evening to pick up his passport which he picked up yesterday.

My advice for anyone if you want your passport back fast please submit at Abuja vfs.

Any idea what I can do as if I can't get it by Monday, I won't be able to go for the conference again.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 9:39am On Jun 03, 2023
gimakon2:

Erm
What about peeps coming to meet business investors? What would you think ?
That would be a business trip.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gimakon2(m): 9:45am On Jun 03, 2023
anselmvictor:
That would be a business trip.

Exactly. That's why am asking how long something like this can take. I'm on the verge of renewals for my passport tho.

Any ideas how long for processing this can take? My clear understanding is , IRCC wants to see that you have a valid reason for coming , else , processing my take more than 2 years.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 10:21am On Jun 03, 2023
Lyoncrescent:
Emmafe was correct Good Morning. I should have submitted at the Abuja VFS. I submitted my passport at Lagos VFS on Monday the 29th of May and I got the message below yesterday morning . My trip is supposed to be this Sunday and is sponsored by my organisation. Don't know what to do again. When I track it , it says it is under processing at the Canadian visa office.

Your application, tracking ID has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Fri Jun 02 2023. This was the last mail I got.

My colleague submitted his passport in Abuja VFS as he's based in Abuja on Tuesday this week and got a message Thursday evening to pick up his passport which he picked up yesterday.

My advice for anyone if you want your passport back fast please submit at Abuja vfs.

Any idea what I can do as if I can't get it by Monday, I won't be able to go for the conference again.

Did yiu and your colleague applied for the conference visit visa at the same time through your company?... did you guys applications get approved same time as well?....

I Applied for conference visa with my colleague through my company in 2020 as a group. We did biometric together, her application has been approved and passport stamped since over a month now, but I have not heard anything from then on my application...

I checked the tracker is says Eligibility completed, Biometric completed, background check in progress since over 2 months.

Please, what could be the problem
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 10:26am On Jun 03, 2023
Did you and your colleague apply for the conference visit visa at the same time through your company?... did you guys applications get approved same time as well?....

I Applied for conference visa with my colleague through my company in 2020 as a group. We did biometric together, her application has been approved and passport stamped since over a month now, but I have not heard anything from then on my application...

I checked the tracker is says Eligibility completed, Biometric completed, background check in progress since over 2 months.

Please, what could be the problem cry kiss

LYONCRESCENT
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olakunle10: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2023
Deronke1:
So I'm finally travelling tomorrow to Vancouver,,, mehn when i reach like this,, i will first of all sit on the floor... Ircc showed me shege
safe trip and enjoy your stay...lolz
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 10:32am On Jun 03, 2023
gimakon2:

Exactly. That's why am asking how long something like this can take. I'm on the verge of renewals for my passport tho.

Any ideas how long for processing this can take? My clear understanding is , IRCC wants to see that you have a valid reason for coming , else , processing my take more than 2 years.
From this thread, I see that urgency is given to work and study visa categories. But, I believe the visa category for you will be Visitor visa? Which may mean that, an invitation letter from the prospective investors could give it a sense of urgency other than just tourism. I have also seen a section where you can write them to state that your submitted application is urgent with prove.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gimakon2(m): 11:01am On Jun 03, 2023
anselmvictor:
From this thread, I see that urgency is given to work and study visa categories. But, I believe the visa category for you will be Visitor visa? Which may mean that, an invitation letter from the prospective investors could give it a sense of urgency other than just tourism. I have also seen a section where you can write them to state that your submitted application is urgent with prove.

Now what must I attach as proof? It's more like an open proposal to meet with several VC. I'd be walking in and talking things out.
This is my worry right now. My thinking is, most of them VC want to see you in person before they hold further talks and secondly you have to be present there in order to set up accounts and do registrations for business (which cannot be done from here in Nigeria)
The second question is, can I make these points available in the letter I'm attaching and sending to them?

I'm not trying to be clever , just making my application very airtight .. 😂
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:04am On Jun 03, 2023
anselmvictor:
Abuja.

How much he paid and how long he waited for the passport to be processed.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 11:04am On Jun 03, 2023
have you checked document status on the tracker to see if there is a visa number and expiration date? I understand that could be an indication that visa has been approved but yet to be issued and I believe you have recieved BVL? You should check that.
Succeed04:
Did you and your colleague apply for the conference visit visa at the same time through your company?... did you guys applications get approved same time as well?....

Please, what could be the problem cry kiss

LYONCRESCENT
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 11:07am On Jun 03, 2023
If it’s an honest application, I would just attach the email correspondence to the invitation letter from any of these companies (if any) and let IRCC do their job.
gimakon2:

Now what must I attach as proof? It's more like an open proposal to meet with several VC. I'd be walking in and talking things out.
This is my worry right now. My thinking is, most of them VC want to see you in person before they hold further talks and secondly you have to be present there in order to set up accounts and do registrations for business (which cannot be done from here in Nigeria)
The second question is, can I make these points available in the letter I'm attaching and sending to them?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 11:10am On Jun 03, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

How much he paid and how long he waited for the passport to be processed.
300k. A few days.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:10am On Jun 03, 2023
gimakon2:

Get a letter of invitation to support your application from your host.

Also, It will be better if you can briefly explain everything in your cover letter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 11:38am On Jun 03, 2023
anselmvictor:
have you checked document status on the tracker to see if there is a visa number and expiration date? I understand that could be an indication that visa has been approved but yet to be issued and I believe you have recieved BVL? You should check that.

I checked that always, as a matter of fact I checked yesterday. No visa Number no any stuff in the application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 11:39am On Jun 03, 2023
Succeed04:

Did yiu and your colleague applied for the conference visit visa at the same time through your company?... did you guys applications get approved same time as well?....

Please, what could be the problem

Bombard them with emails
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 11:41am On Jun 03, 2023
anselmvictor:
300k. A few days.

In Lagos? Or where?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 11:42am On Jun 03, 2023
anselmvictor:

No , I have not received BVL. ... if I had received BvL I won't worry as much. I'll just go and relax knowing they will send PPR when they are ready.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbeylfc(m): 11:46am On Jun 03, 2023
oluayebenz:

Definitely a scam.
Stay clear bro.

Meanwhile if you are in doubt, do you have your employment offer?

Yes,,I do. It's with me. ...Hard copy tho.

(1) (2) (3) ... (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) ... (1105) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: chatmate, Eaglestsr(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.