Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2332506 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) ... (1106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 5:24pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lyoncrescent:

New portal. Applied May 18 2023. Got PPR May 26. The conference organiser wrote to the Deputy Canadian High Commiission and all so maybe that's why it was fast. But out of 8 of us, only 3 in Abuja have visas . The rest of us in the center of excellence are still waiting

Can you share the documents you included in your application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lyoncrescent: 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2023
mamawa123:

Can you share the documents you included in your application

Letter of invitation to the conference with our names in the letter . Letter from my organisation showing they will sponsor the trip with our names in the letter and I added my payslip as part of additional document . That's all

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lyoncrescent: 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2023
Please if the mods and major contributors can look into this.

I think if possible the first post of the first page of this thread should have some information pinned that can help new people as its not easy to go through 700 pages. Information like the new portal , old portal, whether to submit passport at Abuja vfs or lagos vfs. Which emails addresses one can use to send complaints, use of webforms and how to track applications and maybe abbreviations and other general related information . It can be updated from time to time . This will help people to have a glance of the process based on all of our experiences instead of going through 700 pages . Thanks

9 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbeylfc(m): 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2023
Amy66666777:

Before the employment offer from the employer?
Didn’t u have any interview with the employer?
Is the agent a licensed immigration consultant for IRCC?

At times LMIA can take lots of time especially when you’re outside Canada 🇨🇦

I’ll suggest, you research broadly on the employer via google search their company etc
Or, you confront the agent to give you details about the application after all you’re paying for his/her services

Okay,,,I'll definitely do this
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AskGod07: 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2023
Do you submit your own bank account or company account

Lyoncrescent:

Letter of invitation to the conference with our names in the letter . Letter from my organisation showing they will sponsor the trip with our names in the letter and I added my payslip as part of additional document . That's all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AskGod07: 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2023
Do you submitted your bank statements or company bank account

Lyoncrescent:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lyoncrescent: 6:39pm On Jun 03, 2023
AskGod07:
Do you submitted your bank statements or company bank account

I didn't submit statement. My company is a government organisation so they didn't also submit statement. Just a letter

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mikeayus(m): 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2023
Please do you have any travel experience before now? I heard its not advisable applying for canada tourist visa without previous travel experience.

Lyoncrescent:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoMessiah: 6:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
Yes, but you can still you can track it for confirmation.
olakunle10:
Hello. Are you saying passports taken to Abj from Lagos on Friday May 26 are already back to Lagos by yesterday June 2, 2023? Thanks for clarification.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mikeayus(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lyoncrescent:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoMessiah: 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2023
Great. Success to everyone
Emmafe:
I was stressed Mehn. I already paid for the courier, I’m expecting delivery early next week.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoMessiah: 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2023
Oops, so sorry to hear that especially the time put in to prepare for presentation.
Lyoncrescent:

Thanks for this information. It's a big lesson cos I only need the visa for the conference and nothing else. Conference is 5 days and starts this monday. No plans to japa . Whenever they are done they should sha return the passport. Its just painful as my organisation would have given me a nice travel allowance . Na that one dey pain me and also the papers I had to present at the conference will now be presented by someone else. Its all good. How I wish VFS can make this your explanation above known to people so they can now choose where to submit.

Application /Biometric Collection Letter May 18

BVL and PPR May 26

If I knew what you just posted above I won't have
Submitted to Lagos VFS May 29. Even if I have to fly to Abuja to submit , it would have been better

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lyoncrescent: 7:45pm On Jun 03, 2023
mikeayus:
Please do you have any travel experience before now? I heard its not advisable applying for canada tourist visa without previous travel experience.

Yes I do have travel experience but 2 people with no travel experience in my group were given visas. Just to add, I have been rejected visa twice by UK and USA which I wrote in my Canadian application and I still got a Passport Request.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inHisheart: 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
Good evening
Please has anyone been able to create a tracker account recently Been trying to create one for my son but it just won't move to the next page after inputting his information.
Kindly assist if you can🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Detty16: 8:05pm On Jun 03, 2023
I applied last year, precisely 1st June my biometric showed that its been updated on my tracker.
I got request to submit visa 1st June 2023, maybe not a waste of time afterall.
Sundayolayemi:
Looks like tourist visa is just a waste of time. They don't treat it as urgent as other visas. Please has anyone who applied for Tourist Visa since 2021 received PPR yet?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 8:14pm On Jun 03, 2023
How far dear, any update? Am planning on sending them mail nxt week. Her tracker has not been updated since then
inHisheart:
Good evening
Please has anyone been able to create a tracker account recently Been trying to create one for my son but it just won't move to the next page after inputting his information.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inHisheart: 8:25pm On Jun 03, 2023
Nothing yet ooo, still showing "the documents sent has been uploaded" I still sent them a mail on Thursday but I didn't get any response.
Please send the mail oo cuz these guys ehn😡
angie88:
How far dear, any update? Am planning on sending them mail nxt week. Her tracker has not been updated since then
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
When you input the surname, try using either the first name alone or first name and middle name. That was the issue I had with mine.
Eventually, it turns out my account had only my first and last name but my BVL has my full names though I didn’t bother much.
inHisheart:
Good evening
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inHisheart: 9:08pm On Jun 03, 2023
I have tried EVERYTHING, none worked! cry

anselmvictor:
When you input the surname, try using either the first name alone or first name and middle name. That was the issue I had with mine.
Eventually, it turns out my account had only my first and last name but my BVL has my full names though I didn’t bother much.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 9:31pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lyoncrescent:

Thanks.

- Bank statement: you used yours or that of the company
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olakunle10: 10:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
omoMessiah:
Yes, but you can still you can track it for confirmation.
Okay. Thank you so much 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2023
I don't think tis is true. See my last note on a related question based on the webform auto response email.

Ashirioluwa:

Yes, you can.

You can add documents you think will help your application anytime through the webform before the application is processed.

Newbiein2016:
No. Completely withdraw and resubmit a new application to avoid any risk (no matter how low) of refusal.

A couple pages ago, a user was refused even after sending a mail minutes after submitting the application.

Furthermore, see this section of the webform autoresponse which should guide your next action;

For temporary resident applications, we do not accept documents sent by email if you have applied online. The email and the document sent will not be added to your application for consideration when assessing your application:

Unsolicited document submission: all relevant documents must have been submitted at the time of your application.
Requested document submission (online): please submit the requested document via your MyGCKey account by following the instructions noted in the request letter

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by philip5555: 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2023
Please house, I applied for a visiting visa for my daughter of 2 years from the new porter today from UK l, does anyone have idea on how long it might take plus minus. Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vikthor74: 11:06pm On Jun 03, 2023
Please how can someone know original Canada visa after it has been stamped on the passport. My agent just informed me that my passport have been collected from VFS yesterday. Please how can I confirm the visa is original.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:14pm On Jun 03, 2023
philip5555:
Please house, I applied for a visiting visa for my daughter of 2 years from the new porter today from UK l, does anyone have idea on how long it might take plus minus. Thank you.
Ircc isn’t predictable, nobody can give a sure answer. Just wait till you hear from there.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:15pm On Jun 03, 2023
vikthor74:
Please how can someone know original Canada visa after it has been stamped on the passport. My agent just informed me that my passport have been collected from VFS yesterday. Please how can I confirm the visa is original.
This one hard o. Maybe you should check for counterfoil online and compare with yours.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vikthor74: 11:20pm On Jun 03, 2023
Emmafe:
This one hard o. Maybe you should check for counterfoil online and compare with yours.
I don't understand
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by philip5555: 11:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
It’s not hard just try to confirm from airline simple, Do that before you book your ticket.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:50pm On Jun 03, 2023
Newbiein2016:
I don't think tis is true. See my last note on a related question based on the webform auto response email.

It worked for me in the past. I filled out my wife's visa application, but I didn't declare her past visa refusal for the US.

Later, I wrote them a letter of apology and explained to them that I forgot to declare this refusal.

About a month later, they acknowledged receiving the webform and the uploaded document.

Her visa was approved.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aderemi166: 1:04am On Jun 04, 2023
Kindly share the letter of apology, thank you.

Ashirioluwa:

It worked for me in the past. I filled out my wife's visa application, but I didn't declare her past visa refusal for the US.

Later, I wrote them a letter of apology and explained to them that I forgot to declare this refusal.

About a month later, they acknowledged receiving the webform and the uploaded document.

Her visa was approved.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 5:47am On Jun 04, 2023
If after paying d agent his fees, demand for ur ircc login details, from there u can confirm from ur portal if d visa is genuine or not. With u can also track it to knw.
vikthor74:
I don't understand
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DereI(f): 5:54am On Jun 04, 2023
Lyoncrescent:

Yes I do have travel experience but 2 people with no travel experience in my group were given visas. Just to add, I have been rejected visa twice by UK and USA which I wrote in my Canadian application and I still got a Passport Request.

Nice, congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) ... (1106) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Olaniyi2955, lakeside3020(m), Taal17, deejay102, bigboy4(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.