Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2307539 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2023
A lot of scam out there. I think trying to verify if the said company is legit will be good start to keep you mind at peace.

abbeylfc:
Good Evening House,,😫

I'm new here and I really need your help with something that is bothering my mind.

My dad paid an agent since November-2022 for an Unskilled job offer in CANADA,,and I don't really knw what's happening till now.

To cut the long story short, as at March-2023, I got a job offer for the role of a Farmer including an invitation letter stating the conditions of the job through my agent. Please note that all the information I have had came through my Agent's email and not mine.

According to my Agent,,,the LMIA processing fee wud be paid by my employee and every other necessary fee as regards tmy traveing. But I have to be patient for atleast 2months b4 everything can be ready.

Now,,it's over 3months that we've been on this LMIA processing issue but he keeps telling to be patient that my employer is still working on it..

I have searched for the company's details online but i can only get little information about the employers information on the internet.

I have been really skeptical about all the processes but I just need anyone from Nairaland who can assist me with any vital information as regards this processes and I'll be extremely grateful.

God bless you all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vikthor74: 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
abbeylfc:
Good Evening House,,😫

I'm new here and I really need your help with something that is bothering my mind.

My dad paid an agent since November-2022 for an Unskilled job offer in CANADA,,and I don't really knw what's happening till now.

To cut the long story short, as at March-2023, I got a job offer for the role of a Farmer including an invitation letter stating the conditions of the job through my agent. Please note that all the information I have had came through my Agent's email and not mine.

According to my Agent,,,the LMIA processing fee wud be paid by my employee and every other necessary fee as regards tmy traveing. But I have to be patient for atleast 2months b4 everything can be ready.

Now,,it's over 3months that we've been on this LMIA processing issue but he keeps telling to be patient that my employer is still working on it..

I have searched for the company's details online but i can only get little information about the employers information on the internet.

I have been really skeptical about all the processes but I just need anyone from Nairaland who can assist me with any vital information as regards this processes and I'll be extremely grateful.

God bless you all.
Bro this matter no clear sha😒
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2023
abbeylfc:
Good Evening House,,😫

God bless you all.

You got a job offer as a farmer with no job specification and you still have no access to ur employer and lmia still in process .this Smell like a scam! Be very careful!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olarh16: 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2023
Osasereee:

Not true. I submitted mine in person to Lagos vfs last week Friday. Today makes it exactly one week or exactly 4 working days. Got a email this evening that it’s ready for collection. So my analysis states it doesn’t matter if it’s Abuja or Lagos. It’s just grace.

I’m happy I got mine this fast coz my flight is in 12 days time

Nice….remember to give us landing gist o lol

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by apeleone(f): 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2023
olakunle10:
Wow...so you mean you submitted your passport at the Lagos Vfs and got it back in 1 week from same Lagos Vfs? That was fast.
Yes I submitted in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
vikthor74:

How did u book ur flight
I booked on the airline website. If you want to pay in naira you’ve to use website like wakanow. If you’ve access to card for int’l payment, book directly on the airline website it’s cheaper.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GodsOwn2004(m): 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
Congratulations.

Angelic992:
Guyssssss!!!! Our PPR just landed thank you Jesus Christ!!!! We got bvl on 19th of May then ppr today. Special thanks to Emmafe you have been so helpful ❤🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jumms442: 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
Osasereee:

Mine states it has already been dispatched. But not gotten a confirmation mail from Lagos vfs that it has been received yet
same as mine
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Uju4real002: 8:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
Osasereee:

Not true. I submitted mine in person to Lagos vfs last week Friday. Today makes it exactly one week or exactly 4 working days. Got a email this evening that it’s ready for collection. So my analysis states it doesn’t matter if it’s Abuja or Lagos. It’s just grace.

I’m happy I got mine this fast coz my flight is in 12 days time

Same day I submitted still no response from them,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deronke1: 9:16pm On Jun 02, 2023
So I'm finally travelling tomorrow to Vancouver,,, mehn when i reach like this,, i will first of all sit on the floor... Ircc showed me shege

17 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vikthor74: 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2023
Deronke1:
So I'm finally travelling tomorrow to Vancouver,,, mehn when i reach like this,, i will first of all sit on the floor... Ircc showed me shege
How was the Port of entry. Any much questions
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
Lolz.. This is so me... Congratulations jare!

Deronke1:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frankiez33: 9:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
anselmvictor:
Ah, I see. Many thanks for this! smiley I have recently renewed my passport to 10 years validity since 2 months ago, and just last week, I sent them a webform with a scanned copy of my new passport stating the old one expires in Sept so I got a new one. Maybe any need to send another webform to reiterate that?

I believe I should be excepting a PPR soon? (really don't know what PPR means but I see from the thread that it refers to the temporary residence visa?)

Also, once I receive the request to submit my passport, should I submit both old and new passports and maybe with a letter? would be good to know if this is what people in similar situation do. Thanks again!

Send the scanned copy of the new passport through webform multiple times to be on safe side, before you send the original to the embassy when your PPR lands.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deeteeneey(f): 9:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
Deronke1:
grin grin grin grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbeylfc(m): 9:49pm On Jun 02, 2023
vikthor74:

Bro this matter no clear sha😒

I really need more info bro,,what's not clear so that I can explain...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vikthor74: 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
abbeylfc:

I really need more info bro,,what's not clear so that I can explain...

Is that agent legit??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dwalata143: 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
Emmafe:
They process it together most times. Apply for Sowp not visit

Thanks boss
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sundayolayemi: 10:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
Looks like tourist visa is just a waste of time. They don't treat it as urgent as other visas. Please has anyone who applied for Tourist Visa since 2021 received PPR yet?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chiomapx: 10:18pm On Jun 02, 2023
Sundayolayemi:
Looks like tourist visa is just a waste of time. They don't treat it as urgent as other visas. Please has anyone who applied for Tourist Visa since 2021 received PPR yet?

Lol.... Did you just join us here today?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbeylfc(m): 11:33pm On Jun 02, 2023
vikthor74:

Is that agent legit??

I really dunno...but I hope he is
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbeylfc(m): 11:34pm On Jun 02, 2023
abbeylfc:
Good Evening House,,😫

God bless you all.

Anyone in same situation 😫😫
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LollyPo: 11:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
URGENT HELP NEEDED!

I applied on behalf of my husband- visitors visa however I unintentionally didnt include uk as one of the countries he was refused visas!
Now we recived a procedural fairness letter stating misrepresentation to reply in 10 days(today is day 9) hence the urgent cry for help
However,
1- he had applied for canada visa in 2017 and was refused based on no travel history- he stated in this application the uk refusal
2- the uk denial was as a result of use of fraudulent documents by the lagos state agent he employed! They were charged to court by icpc but the judge asked them to pay a fine of 10k each and that was the end ( now pls note i did not state yes to criminality as i assume this doesnt fall under)
So now in our response to this letter
Do we state all of this ?
We are not after a approval
We do not just want a ban
Note we have a canadian born son to and i have a visa!
PLEASE HELP!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
abbeylfc:
Good Evening House,,😫

God bless you all.

Definitely a scam.
Stay clear bro.

Meanwhile if you are in doubt, do you have your employment offer?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
LollyPo:
URGENT HELP NEEDED!

I applied on behalf of my husband- visitors visa however I unintentionally didnt include uk as one of the countries he was refused visas!
Now we recived a procedural fairness letter stating misrepresentation to reply in 10 days(today is day 9) hence the urgent cry for help
However,
1- he had applied for canada visa in 2017 and was refused based on no travel history- he stated in this application the uk refusal
2- the uk denial was as a result of use of fraudulent documents by the lagos state agent he employed! They were charged to court by icpc but the judge asked them to pay a fine of 10k each and that was the end ( now pls note i did not state yes to criminality as i assume this doesnt fall under)
So now in our response to this letter
Do we state all of this ?
We are not after a approval
We do not just want a ban
Note we have a canadian born son to and i have a visa!
PLEASE HELP!

Did your husband get a ban by the UK embassy?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 12:08am On Jun 03, 2023
Sundayolayemi:

Yes back to back..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 12:10am On Jun 03, 2023
If it's legit, by now.. You should have had a one on one discussion with the employer. I doubt it's legit.

abbeylfc:

Anyone in same situation 😫😫
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LollyPo: 12:12am On Jun 03, 2023
oluayebenz:

Did your husband get a ban by the UK embassy?

No, he didnt to the best of my knowledge,
I just asked him now- and he said he cant answer cause there was no documentation or anything so he cant say
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 12:35am On Jun 03, 2023
LollyPo:

I just asked him now- and he said he cant answer cause there was no documentation or anything so he cant say

He probably must have gotten a ban, and the agent won't tell him.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 12:43am On Jun 03, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:
I'm waiting PPR to drop for my visitor visa since 2021, gotten Bvl on April 29 2023 and visa number on tracker since May1 2023.

Now I wanted to submit application for my study permit this month, I hope it won't affect my visitor application? Can I apply with the same portal I used for my visitor visa or can I open another email and new portal?

Lastly is it the same UCI I used for visitor application that I will use for study permit?

Please advise me !!!! big bro & and big sis in the house

You can use same portal to apply for your Study Permit. You do not need to create a different account with another email.

You can quote same UCI when required. It's unique!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LollyPo: 12:49am On Jun 03, 2023
gonegreen:

He probably must have gotten a ban, and the agent won't tell him.

Oh lord! So any advice on what to reply ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 12:52am On Jun 03, 2023
LollyPo:

To advice you is somehow difficult.
Your husband need to be sure he didn't get a ban, if no ban then you can write them and say it was overlooked or maybe agent help with the application so you're not aware the agent didn't state the refusal.

You really need to be sure before doing that thou, plz avoid another ban by all means
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 12:59am On Jun 03, 2023
anselmvictor:
Ah, I see. Many thanks for this! smiley I have recently renewed my passport to 10 years validity since 2 months ago, and just last week, I sent them a webform with a scanned copy of my new passport stating the old one expires in Sept so I got a new one. Maybe any need to send another webform to reiterate that?

I believe I should be excepting a PPR soon? (really don't know what PPR means but I see from the thread that it refers to the temporary residence visa?)

Also, once I receive the request to submit my passport, should I submit both old and new passports and maybe with a letter? would be good to know if this is what people in similar situation do. Thanks again!

PPR means Passport Request. Meanwhile, you don't need to submit the old passport alongside the new one. Just submit only the new one with a Letter of Explanation. I will advise you also send the Letter of Explanation via webform too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Kelvinarsenal and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.