Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2331237 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (1105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbeylfc(m): 11:47am On Jun 03, 2023
Julieni:
If it's legit, by now.. You should have had a one on one discussion with the employer. I doubt it's legit.

Omo,,,wahaala šŸ˜«šŸ˜«
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbeylfc(m): 11:50am On Jun 03, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Donā€™t put any hope on this because itā€™s 100% scam

What are your assumptions plzšŸ˜«
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gimakon2(m): 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Get a letter of invitation to support your application from your host.

Also, It will be better if you can briefly explain everything in your cover letter.

Ah I submitted already. Can I make a new letter and send ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gimakon2(m): 12:12pm On Jun 03, 2023
anselmvictor:
If itā€™s an honest application, I would just attach the email correspondence to the invitation letter from any of these companies (if any) and let IRCC do their job.

Honest how ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lyoncrescent: 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2023
anselmvictor:
have you checked document status on the tracker to see if there is a visa number and expiration date? I understand that could be an indication that visa has been approved but yet to be issued and I believe you have recieved BVL? You should check that.

There is a Visitor Visa Document number and expiry date listed when I checked just now
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 12:22pm On Jun 03, 2023
gimakon2:

Ah I submitted already. Can I make a new letter and send ?

Yes, you can.

You can add documents you think will help your application anytime through the webform before the application is processed.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gimakon2(m): 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Yes, you can.

You can add documents you think will help your application anytime through the webform before the application is processed.

Solid. Thanks fam. You a blessing. Shalom.
You got your visa eh?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2023
gimakon2:

Solid. Thanks fam. You a blessing. Shalom.
You got your visa eh?

Waiting for passport request letter. The visa is for my spouse.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 1:19pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lyoncrescent:

There is a Visitor Visa Document number and expiry date listed when I checked just now
Great I believe. Have you recieved BVL?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
gimakon2:

Honest how ?
Oh no! You know how people package application rather than share real situation. By honest, I mean, if itā€™s a real situation then itā€™s okay to share email correspondence that will typically have company and correspondent details, both which are verifiable. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gimakon2(m): 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
anselmvictor:
Oh no! You know how people package application rather than share real situation. By honest, I mean, if itā€™s a real situation then itā€™s okay to share email correspondence that will typically have company and correspondent details, both which are verifiable. Thanks

I get you now. Thanks too.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lyoncrescent: 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2023
anselmvictor:
Great I believe. Have you recieved BVL?

Is it this BVL attached below or another BVL. Not sure which one you are referring to. My process was particularly fast but to get the passport back is when everything went slow cos I submitted in Lagos VFS. My colleague in Abuja has same timelines as me. The only difference is he submitted this week Tuesday in Abuja VFS as they didn't open at Abuja VFS on Monday due to inauguration. I submitted at Lagos VFS on Monday the inauguration day. He got back his passport with visa yesterday while I got this message below yesterday. Its so frustrating to say the least. Should have submitted in Abuja

Your application, tracking ID No.has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Fri Jun 02 2023

Regards,

VFS Global

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 1:56pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lyoncrescent:

Is it this BVL attached below or another BVL. Not sure which one you are referring to. My process was particularly fast but to get the passport back is when everything went slow cos I submitted in Lagos VFS. My colleague in Abuja has same timelines as me. The only difference is he submitted this week Tuesday in Abuja VFS as they didn't open at Abuja VFS on Monday due to inauguration. I submitted at Lagos VFS on Monday the inauguration day. He got back his passport with visa yesterday while I got this message below yesterday. Its so frustrating to say the least. Should have submitted in Abuja

Your application, tracking ID No.has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Fri Jun 02 2023

Regards,

VFS Global
oh I see. I thought you were talking of PPR. I am not aware of any process to fast track VFS. Quite annoying at how they can be painfully slow.

If not that your trip is very time sensitive just waiting it out would have been an easy option.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gimakon2(m): 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2023
anselmvictor:
oh I see. I thought you were talking of PPR. I am not aware of any process to fast track VFS. Quite annoying at how they can be painfully slow.

If not that your trip is very time sensitive just waiting it out would have been an easy option.

If you cannot fast track VFS , can you for IRCC? Is there going to be additional priority fees to pay or ? What must someone do?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lyoncrescent:

Regards,

VFS Global
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jumms442: 2:34pm On Jun 03, 2023
[quote author=anselmvictor post=123548926][/quote]same shoes, pls how were you able to track your passport, last I heard from them was on tues 30 may and I submitted on 26 , saying your passport has been received by Abuja vac sumtnā€™ my flight is soonest oo, why is everything jus hard like this
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
gimakon2:

If you cannot fast track VFS , can you for IRCC? Is there going to be additional priority fees to pay or ? What must someone do?
You just have to wait, I donā€™t think ders anything like fast tracking stamping.

This is why I advised sending to Abuja if you need asap stamping.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Amy66666777(f): 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2023
abbeylfc:

Omo,,,wahaala šŸ˜«šŸ˜«

Before the employment offer from the employer?
Didnā€™t u have any interview with the employer?
Is the agent a licensed immigration consultant for IRCC?

At times LMIA can take lots of time especially when youā€™re outside Canada šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦

Iā€™ll suggest, you research broadly on the employer via google search their company etc
Or, you confront the agent to give you details about the application after all youā€™re paying for his/her services
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 3:02pm On Jun 03, 2023
Is it easy to get lmia jobs when inside Canada?

Amy66666777:

Before the employment offer from the employer?
Didnā€™t u have any interview with the employer?
Is the agent a licensed immigration consultant for IRCC?

At times LMIA can take lots of time especially when youā€™re outside Canada šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦

Iā€™ll suggest, you research broadly on the employer via google search their company etc
Or, you confront the agent to give you details about the application after all youā€™re paying for his/her services
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gimakon2(m): 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2023
Emmafe:
You just have to wait, I donā€™t think ders anything like fast tracking stamping.

This is why I advised sending to Abuja if you need asap stamping.

Nwanne m, I mean for hastening IRCC, them no born me well to do sharp push for VFS . Those ones chop snail me sef know.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoMessiah: 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2023
It is ready for pick up at vfs Lagos, go pick it on monday.
eimolove92:
I got this email from vfs. I submitted in Lagos and was expecting to walk-in to collect when ready. Has the process changed as itā€™s saying itā€™s ready for pickup in Abuja

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. has been received from the IRCC Office on Fri Jun 02 2023 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja CVO and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the 'Buy Services' page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC
Regards,

VFS Global
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoMessiah: 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2023
Sorry to hear that but in my own case i didn't drop address, i only paid for transmission fee at vfs lagos. They took passport to abuja and returned back to lagos
Emmafe:
I just got back from Lagos vfs, stressed and disappointed. I chatted with vfs customer service before I went if itā€™s available in Lagos or not because I sent mine to Abuja. I thought vfs Abuja will send back to lagos since that was the address I dropped. After i wasted 10k on tfare and waited over 3hrs, I was told my passport is in Abuja. I can either pickup there or pay for courier service.

Weigh your option before sending to Abuja, they stamp very fast but na money.

Make I go sleep n pray lapo approve my loan so I can pay vfs courier service šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoMessiah: 3:18pm On Jun 03, 2023
You can track with the track id given to you that starts with 2023.....CALAPKT.....
vikthor74:
Am bit worry is 3weeks I sent my passport to vfs Lagos. No responsešŸ˜’šŸ˜’
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoMessiah: 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lol... happy for you. Join you in 18days
Deronke1:
So I'm finally travelling tomorrow to Vancouver,,, mehn when i reach like this,, i will first of all sit on the floor... Ircc showed me shege
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoMessiah: 3:48pm On Jun 03, 2023
From my own experience and couple others i know, note: when you submit in lagos all passport are gathered and taken to abuja on Friday(whether you submit moday oo or Wednesday, it will taken to Abuja friday) then worked on during the week and returned back Friday.
What I'm saying is this, all submitted passport from 29th till yesterday gets delivered to abuja yesterday and will be returned this coming Friday
Lyoncrescent:
Emmafe was correct Good Morning. I should have submitted at the Abuja VFS. I submitted my passport at Lagos VFS on Monday the 29th of May and I got the message below yesterday morning . My trip is supposed to be this Sunday and is sponsored by my organisation. Don't know what to do again. When I track it , it says it is under processing at the Canadian visa office.

Your application, tracking ID has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Fri Jun 02 2023. This was the last mail I got.

My colleague submitted his passport in Abuja VFS as he's based in Abuja on Tuesday this week and got a message Thursday evening to pick up his passport which he picked up yesterday.

My advice for anyone if you want your passport back fast please submit at Abuja vfs.

Any idea what I can do as if I can't get it by Monday, I won't be able to go for the conference again.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 4:01pm On Jun 03, 2023
You can extend your biometrics

The IRCC doesn't issue visas beyond biometric validity.

If you have done biometrics in the past and you know that the biometrics will expire soon, then it is advisable to extend such biometrics so you don't end up getting a short-term visa.

It cost $85 to extend biometrics for another 10 years.

You can use the link below to make payment for biometrics extension.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10097

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olakunle10: 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2023
omoMessiah:
From my own experience and couple others i know, note: when you submit in lagos all passport are gathered and taken to abuja on Friday(whether you submit moday oo or Wednesday, it will taken to Abuja friday) then worked on during the week and returned back Friday.
What I'm saying is this, all submitted passport from 29th till yesterday gets delivered to abuja yesterday and will be returned this coming Friday
Hello. Are you saying passports taken to Abj from Lagos on Friday May 26 are already back to Lagos by yesterday June 2, 2023? Thanks for clarification.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2023
omoMessiah:
Sorry to hear that but in my own case i didn't drop address, i only paid for transmission fee at vfs lagos. They took passport to abuja and returned back to lagos
I was stressed Mehn. I already paid for the courier, Iā€™m expecting delivery early next week.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lyoncrescent: 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2023
omoMessiah:

Thanks for this information. It's a big lesson cos I only need the visa for the conference and nothing else. Conference is 5 days and starts this monday. No plans to japa . Whenever they are done they should sha return the passport. Its just painful as my organisation would have given me a nice travel allowance . Na that one dey pain me and also the papers I had to present at the conference will now be presented by someone else. Its all good. How I wish VFS can make this your explanation above known to people so they can now choose where to submit.

Application /Biometric Collection Letter May 18

BVL and PPR May 26

If I knew what you just posted above I won't have
Submitted to Lagos VFS May 29. Even if I have to fly to Abuja to submit , it would have been better
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gimakon2(m): 4:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lyoncrescent:

Thanks for this information. It's a big lesson cos I only need the visa for the conference and nothing else. Conference is 5 days and starts this monday. No plans to japa . Whenever they are done they should sha return the passport. Its just painful as my organisation would have given me a nice travel allowance . Na that one dey pain me and also the papers I had to present at the conference will now be presented by someone else. Its all good. How I wish VFS can make this your explanation above known to people so they can now choose where to submit.

Application /Biometric Collection Letter May 18

BVL and PPR May 26

If I knew what you just posted above I won't have
Submitted to Lagos VFS May 29. Even if I have to fly to Abuja to submit , it would have been better

Your application and all you did was it the new portal ? And was it this year you did your application ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lyoncrescent: 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
gimakon2:

Your application and all you did was it the new portal ? And was it this year you did your application ?

New portal. Applied May 18 2023. Got PPR May 26. The conference organiser wrote to the Deputy Canadian High Commiission and all so maybe that's why it was fast. But out of 8 of us, only 3 in Abuja have visas . The rest of us in the center of excellence are still waiting

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gimakon2(m): 5:20pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lyoncrescent:

New portal. Applied May 18 2023. Got PPR May 26. The conference organiser wrote to the Deputy Canadian High Commiission and all so maybe that's why it was fast. But out of 8 of us, only 3 in Abuja have visas . The rest of us in the center of excellence are still waiting

I guess I learnt something just now. Thanks for the heads up ā˜ŗļø you sure made my day!

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (1105) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: monibay24, deejay102, omega2128(m), Derende(m), dataking, AlphaLady(f), affoncad and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.