Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,356 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (786) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2311668 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mummywifey: 11:43am On Jun 26, 2023
If someone gets a mail that passport request letter is in queue even if eligubility review has not started, does it mean visa has been approved?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tianagabrielle: 11:56am On Jun 26, 2023
Congrtulations
mizGene:
PPR finally smiley

Applied Nov 2020
BVL 4th May
PPR 1.30am 26th June...

Thank God. Glad to be done with these guys...

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bola01234: 12:06pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Yes, she can. Some people submitted bank statements for 4 or 5 months, and their visas still got approved.

As for me, I like to follow the instructions to avoid a touching story.

Thanks very much.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bola01234: 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2023
Tegnaworld23:
No sir I didn't, still have a balance of 7500cad.

Pls which university are u going...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bola01234: 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2023
OsiEnterprise4:

Gather your documents and apply

Pls what about hotel and reasons to travel
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by poultryprocesie: 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2023
Emmafe:
You just have wait since ppr is in queue. Don’t msg Nairobi, focus on lagos and Abuja, continue sending mails and Webform.

Lagos and Abuja Mails
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
Abuja@international.gc.ca
ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca

Lagos Webform
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Lagos&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Thanks @emmafe I have been doing that, and I just did again this morning. I read on a thread that someone with the same issue went to VFS Lagos without PPR and was able to submit Passport. Please how true is this? Anyone with such experience here?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2023
poultryprocesie:

Thanks @emmafe I have been doing that, and I just did again this morning. I read on a thread that someone with the same issue went to VFS Lagos without PPR and was able to submit Passport. Please how true is this? Anyone with such experience here?
Lol, you probably misunderstood what you read. You’ve to wait for ppr before you can submit your passport. Just give them some time, since you’ve your visa details the rest is smalls.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
Mummywifey:
If someone gets a mail that passport request letter is in queue even if eligubility review has not started, does it mean visa has been approved?
Eligibility not showing on portal doesn’t mean it hasn’t started, my wife portal wasn’t updated all, her only update was ppr. If you get ppr in queue, that should be an approval.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SwitchTel(m): 1:26pm On Jun 26, 2023
Julieni:

I raised a webform for hubby and his tracker was updated with the new passport and visa extended.

Raise a webform, send emails and also attach a copy of the written email in the envelop while submitting his passport.

I did all these and his passport details was updated on the portal with visa extended to 7years instead of 8months.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application/Form/72

Email: nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

Hi there! Thanks for this. Just for clarity, did this happen after he had submitted his old passport and was issued a visa or before his passport was returned. I had sent a message request.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by poultryprocesie: 1:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
Emmafe:
Lol, you probably misunderstood what you read. You’ve to wait for ppr before you can submit your passport. Just give them some time, since you’ve your visa details the rest is smalls.

Thanks we keep waiting then. grin grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haryour124: 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hello my people😁 PPR don land o💃🏻💃🏻 Thank you Lord🙏🙏🙏

9 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Elekoofeko: 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hello guys,
Passport request just landed, Do I have to book for passport submission or I can just go straight to vfs office in Lagos for passport submission.
Secondly, do I have to fill consent form for children who also received passport request .

Thanks..

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fulani14: 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2023
Good afternoon Pls anyone close to university of Manitoba who has amn apartment and needs roommate should pls reach out,am a female..resuming for fall..thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2023
Adenikemonie:
Please house what should I do, I haven’t heard anything from vfs since 15th that my passport was delivered to them. I have sent several emails nd live chat dey keep telling me they will notify me
please who is experiencing this cos I’m getting worried
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2023
Please guys, I want to ask. With this naira decline wahala, people that applied 2020, 2021, 2022 even early 2023, do you guys have to send an updated statement of account? Like you applied with 5mil when it is equivalent to 20kcad and now that amount is just about 9kcad. Do you need to send an updated statement of account?

To be precise, my mom applied for her visit visa with 5mil, when it was about 14kcad and explained she planned to use 10kcad for the travel. Now the whole 5mil is not even upto 10kcad again. Any need for updated statement of account? What's the best way to deal with this. It's worrisome how naira keeps falling
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AskGod07: 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
Not at all

SweetJJ:
Please guys, I want to ask. With this naira decline wahala, people that applied 2020, 2021, 2022 even early 2023, do you guys have to send an updated statement of account? Like you applied with 5mil when it is equivalent to 20kcad and now that amount is just about 9kcad. Do you need to send an updated statement of account?

To be precise, my mom applied for her visit visa with 5mil, when it was about 14kcad and explained she planned to use 10kcad for the travel. Now the whole 5mil is not even upto 10kcad again. Any need for updated statement of account? What's the best way to deal with this. It's worrisome how naira keeps falling
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ABSTRUSE: 5:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
SweetJJ:

They don’t use black market rate though.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DUPSYSPARKLE: 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2023
ABSTRUSE:

They don’t use black market rate though.

Bank rate is now higher than black market rate.

Usd/ngn in the bank today is 771
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teslas: 6:21pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hello Guru in this house,

I applied for TRV under spouse sponsorship while waiting for my PR which is under processing. I have a PR application under processing which is under spouse sponsorship.

As per the new rule for the current policy for spouse sponsorship, my application should be processed within 30 days.

I applied on June 3rd through the online platform and my Biometrics - Completed, Eligibility - Completed and Background check - In Progress and Medical - Not Started (Though, this is not required). I am in Nigeria and my wife and kids are in Canada.

I wanted to be in Canada by early July for my kid's birthday and my wife who is in Canada wanted to send mail to the high commission of Canada in Nigeria or the Canadian immigration authority.

Since we don't know the office handling the application. Please, can anyone in the house suggest where to send the mail or offices to send the mail to? I mean the e-mail addresses to send the mail to and if we have to webform, can anyone suggest the actual webform to use in this case?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Godtemi: 6:28pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hello guys, please is the #18,000 passport collection for each applicant? The application is for 3 family. And they are saying we must pay #18,000 for passport logistics.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ABSTRUSE: 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
DUPSYSPARKLE:

Bank rate is now higher than black market rate.

Usd/ngn in the bank today is 771

Canada does not use the black market rate. They have their own rate.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Elekoofeko: 8:13pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hello guys,
Passport request just landed, Do I have to book for passport submission or I can just go straight to vfs office in Lagos for passport submission.
Secondly, do I have to fill consent form for children who also received passport request .

Thanks..

Can I get a response to this ...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2023
Godtemi:
Hello guys, please is the #18,000 passport collection for each applicant? The application is for 3 family. And they are saying we must pay #18,000 for passport logistics.
I think it’s each, reach out to vfs to be sure.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oganammuo: 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2023
Elekoofeko:
Hello guys,

Thanks..

Congratulations.
You don't have to book. Go to vfs office if you can and submit your passport.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
Teslas:
Hello Guru in this house,

I applied for TRV under spouse sponsorship while waiting for my PR which is under processing. I have a PR application under processing which is under spouse sponsorship.

As per the new rule for the current policy for spouse sponsorship, my application should be processed within 30 days.

I applied on June 3rd through the online platform and my Biometrics - Completed, Eligibility - Completed and Background check - In Progress and Medical - Not Started (Though, this is not required). I am in Nigeria and my wife and kids are in Canada.

I wanted to be in Canada by early July for my kid's birthday and my wife who is in Canada wanted to send mail to the high commission of Canada in Nigeria or the Canadian immigration authority.

Since we don't know the office handling the application. Please, can anyone in the house suggest where to send the mail or offices to send the mail to? I mean the e-mail addresses to send the mail to and if we have to webform, can anyone suggest the actual webform to use in this case?

Send mails and Webform to Ottawa, Nairobi, lagos n Abuja

ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca
Nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
Abuja@international.gc.ca
ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca

Webform

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Lagos&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MadameW: 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2023
Yes, you have to book an appointment.

I’m not sure about the consent form.

Elekoofeko:
Hello guys,

Thanks..

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2023
SweetJJ:

Don’t get yourself worried on that, if they need updated statement of account they will request for it.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MadameW: 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2023
Yes, it’s 18k per applicant.

Godtemi:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2023
Pls house who is experiencing delay after submitting his or her passport via dhl because I’m getting worried. This is the second week and I haven’t heard anything.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2023
@ emmafe pls does it always take long before Dey send mails that Dey have received ones passport from courier service. Dey keep replying me to wait for notification nd I just want to hear from that Dey have receive it nd my mind will be at rest… pls what should I do
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chiomapx: 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2023
Am I the only one still waiting for PPR in this platform?😭😭😭
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Erwinjstoff(m): 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
Adenikemonie:
@ emmafe pls does it always take long before Dey send mails that Dey have received ones passport from courier service. Dey keep replying me to wait for notification nd I just want to hear from that Dey have receive it nd my mind will be at rest… pls what should I do

I think you will get an invoice receipt of your payment ( transmission & courier fee). I submitted last week and it was the last i heard from them , with a “do not reply” message .

(1) (2) (3) ... (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Doublej805, wencius4u, Nnekkyneks and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.