Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,201 members, 7,829,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2345038 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (1110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2023
zeb04:
Please DHL or UPS, which is faster?
Both are fast. Use anyone close to you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Toecyn(m): 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
How long does it take to get your passport back after the "Passport ready for collection email"? having paid for courier service.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Good afternoon house…

Stopped receiving mails from VFS about my passport since Friday… I also tried tracking online, but is saying no record found.. Any idea what could be happening or what to expect?? 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 3:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
pls I need an advice.

I got a mail from ircc to send my daughter's birth certificate. the local government birth certificate has just my surname and middle name on it.

Please is this going to be a problem? how do i rectify it?

Can I send the other birth certificate she has which is the hospital and church birth certificate?

I am confused.

Would it make sense to compress the other birth certificates and send as one file?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hectorsoboy: 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2023
My wife has new passport which is not the one she used for the application. Please should we just submit the new passport with the old one or just the new one? Note that decision was on the old passport. How do we get them to use the new passport?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2023
Pls locate ur NPC office in ur LGA and collect birth certificate
zeb04:
pls I need an advice.

I got a mail from ircc to send my daughter's birth certificate. the local government birth certificate has just my surname and middle name on it.

Please is this going to be a problem? how do i rectify it?

Can I send the other birth certificate she has which is the hospital and church birth certificate?

I am confused.

Would it make sense to compress the other birth certificates and send as one file?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
angie88:
Pls locate ur NPC office in ur LGA and collect birth certificate

Must it be from where I got the previous birth certificate(Lagos)?
I have moved state and I was given just seven days to respond.
or can the local government office here make the change
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hectorsoboy:
My wife has new passport which is not the one she used for the application. Please should we just submit the new passport with the old one or just the new one? Note that decision was on the old passport. How do we get them to use the new passport?

Same thing happened to me.. What I did was send them emails and webforms containing the new passport before submitting it…
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2023
zeb04:

Go to any health center near you and collect birth certificate.. Tell them to back date it for you. Maybe to the date on the one with you presently.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uzomacl(m): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2023
Thanks alot bro

Emmafe:
Some people didn’t include it n no issue.

I’ve attached the consent form, just download it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hectorsoboy: 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2023
Baddestmaks:

Same thing happened to me.. What I did was send them emails and webforms containing the new passport before submitting it…

Please was it honoured?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrbigg777: 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2023
Good evening everyone
Has anyone here gotten PPR under the new 30 days TRV announcement?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 5:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hectorsoboy:

Please was it honoured?

I just got a message that my passport is ready for collection..

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MyGodisAwesome: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2023
Good day everyone, my mum has an appointment to get her biometrics done tomorrow the 28th but with the new of public holiday tomorrow and Thursday what do you advise she does. Will the appointment for her biometrics still hold? Also I checked their website and their calendar shows the holiday is for Thursday and Friday. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 5:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
I submitted my passport in Lagos on Friday for stamping,I received an email today that my passport is ready in Abuja, where as I did my biometric in Lagos and also submitted in Lagos,they said that pickup is not allowed unless through VAC courier,Who has experienced this pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by herbDean101: 5:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hello all,
If you have a family application for visitor visa. Can you send all the passports and documents for the visa stamping to the Abuja VAC, in one envelope or you have to do it separately. I also have the same question for the package transmission fee of 9,930, is that for each idividual or one payment for everybody?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by umeme: 6:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
Thanks, i applied on a monday then got the paasport delivered to my hotel on wenesday same wk. I sent webform to ircc they issued another ppr in 2 working days. I hopw others will benefit from my experience

Zirconia16:
As a Nigerian you can apply for a Nigerian passport from any Nigerian embassy in the world but the question is as you're leaving next month will the passport be ready by then. And if it is ready will you be able to get the passport stamped before you leave?

Also passport renewals with validity more than 6 months is usually more difficult outside Nigeria of not outright impossible.

Your best bet is to send in your current passport for stamping wherever you are in Europe.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hello boss,long time. U will still receive mail wen it gets to Lagos. U can still do walk in for collection
Hola55:
I submitted my passport in Lagos on Friday for stamping,I received an email today that my passport is ready in Abuja, where as I did my biometric in Lagos and also submitted in Lagos,they said that pickup is not allowed unless through VAC courier,Who has experienced this pls

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 7:01pm On Jun 27, 2023
Go to any npc office or birth center, it will be issued
zeb04:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
MyGodisAwesome:
Good day everyone, my mum has an appointment to get her biometrics done tomorrow the 28th but with the new of public holiday tomorrow and Thursday what do you advise she does. Will the appointment for her biometrics still hold? Also I checked their website and their calendar shows the holiday is for Thursday and Friday. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated.

As long as she doesn’t get a cancellation message, everything is in order..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hola55:

You will get a message when it is ready for pick up in Lagos… I also got same message..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Femidrummer: 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2023
Many are getting it within a week but yet to see any Nigerian getting it. Have applied since 28th May and eligibility completed but silent since then 🤦🏿‍♂️
Mrbigg777:
Good evening everyone
Has anyone here gotten PPR under the new 30 days TRV announcement?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Biggyman11: 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
angie88:
Hello boss,long time. U will still receive mail wen it gets to Lagos. U can still do walk in for collection

Hello Angie,
I just submitted my PRV application today. Can i go ahead to book appointment? or i should wait for Ircc to give me go ahead. I really do not know much about this. Your response will be appreciated.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Biggyman11: 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
Femidrummer:
Many are getting it within a week but yet to see any Nigerian getting it. Have applied since 28th May and eligibility completed but silent since then 🤦🏿‍♂️

Hello ,
I just submitted my PRV application today. Can i go ahead to book appointment? or i should wait for Ircc to give me go ahead. I really do not know much about this. Your response will be appreciated.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Itsmytime: 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2023
You returned to Nigeria because you are lucky to have something doing there, not like am encouraging people not to go back to Nigeria after their visit but there are so many ways to regularize visitors visa in Canada legally.
exactly
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrbigg777: 8:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
Femidrummer:

Okay am just curious to know cos I submitted on the 7th of June and my biometrics has been accepted.
We will wait and GOD will give us good result

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temitaryor1: 8:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
Good evening sir/Maa, pls I need an urgent answer for this: pls can some1 just go to Vfs lagos for passport submission OR the person need to book an appointment b4 going because my Sister was asked to bring her passport for stampn and she want to go there
this week Friday for submission.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrbigg777: 8:56pm On Jun 27, 2023
Temitaryor1:
Good evening sir/Maa, pls I need an urgent answer for this: pls can some1 just go to Vfs lagos for passport submission OR the person need to book an appointment b4 going because my Sister was asked to bring her passport for stampn and she want to go there
this week Friday for submission.

She can go without booking an appointment if her passport was requested for.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MyGodisAwesome: 8:59pm On Jun 27, 2023
Baddestmaks:

As long as she doesn’t get a cancellation message, everything is in order..

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temitaryor1: 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
Thank u very much for your quick response.

Pls my second question is abt the CONSENT FORM where is she going to get it? Is it from Vfs at lagos or where?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LaviDoreen: 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2023
williamsjay:
Goodevening house,please I already got a message from VFS saying my passport is ready for collection.i have paid de sum of #18,710 to the account the provided and I have sent the payment receipt to them.ever since then,no message no email,am just in the dark.can the send it to me even without acknowledging that the have seen de payment receipt

Hi @williamsjay I am currently in the same situation I got an email from VFS requesting me to pay for my collection fee by VFS courier, which I paid and send them a copy with the courier and sms form filled but I haven’t gotten a response from them till now. Please I will like to know how you got your passport back.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
This is false. She needs to book an appointment.

If she doesn't want to do this, she can use DHL/UPS to send her documents for stamping.

Mrbigg777:

She can go without booking an appointment if her passport was requested for.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (1110) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: MayorOfEdmonton, olawumi2005(m), wunmit202 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.