Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (927) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2316103 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) ... (1097) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Papasexpress: 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2023
manover:
PPR for my sister and her daughter.

Virgin passport with no travel history

13 September 2023 Application Submitted
14 September 2023- Biometrics
18 September 2023- Passport request
18 September 2023- BVL
19 September 2023- submitted passport at VFS office Lagos.

My sister is a secondary school teacher, just invitation from my brother in Canada,
statement of account 2.1 million for herself and daughter.
Just be simple with your application and do not add unnecessary documents.
1. Employment letter from her school
2. Statement of account 2.1 million
3. Invitation letter from my brother
4. Letter of Intent
5. Consent letter for my daughter. Her dad got it notarize.

That was all I submitted. She was really discouraged to apply; I encourage her to give it a try and make the application simple.

Advise keep your application simple, landed properties is not part of Canada visa application!

Can you do walkin for biometrics vfs canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2023
Papasexpress:

Can you do walkin for biometrics vfs canada
Only on appointment
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Papasexpress: 3:51pm On Sep 20, 2023
puffmama:
Is it for visitors visa? I didn't get a medical request and I was issued my visa .

quote author=Helen2001 post=125765224]

I have biometrics appointment for next 3 weeks. At vfs canada
Can I do walkin for the appointment
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Papasexpress: 3:51pm On Sep 20, 2023
puffmama:
To God be all the glory .

Temporary Resident Visa ( Visitor Visa )

I didn't plan on applying for a Canada visa at all , I just came across this page early last month while checking for something else on the UK travel section of nairaland and decided to apply , I sincerely didn't think it would be approved this fast.

Application submission - 10th August

Biometrics collection letter - 11th August

Biometrics done - 22nd August

Eligibility completed - 28th August

Correspondence letter - 3rd September

Original passport request - 3rd September

Passport submission - 6th September

Passport collected - 8th September.

Thank you everyone for your contributions , God bless you . I pray we all have cause to give our testimony one after another .

What God can not do does not exist .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2023
Papasexpress:

YES .. check the time on ur appointment letter,make sure you are there 20 minutes before ur beomatric time,go along with ur coloured 2 copy of ur passport data page,if you don't go along with color data page,naa #500 each you will do d photo copy around there.......and don't forget to go with ur international passport and ur appointment letter..with d color data page of ur passport.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Papasexpress: 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2023
dealhunter:
YES .. check the time on ur appointment letter,make sure you are there 20 minutes before ur beomatric time,go along with ur coloured 2 copy of ur passport data page,if you don't go along with color data page,naa #500 each you will do d photo copy around there.......and don't forget to go with ur international passport and ur appointment letter..with d color data page of ur passport.

I mean 3 weeks is far for me to wait for vfs Canada biometrics. Can I do walkin tomorrow
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by alakara(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
Helen2001:

Guys my Agent told me that due to the housing issues in Canada, that’s why there’s delay in giving out medical requests and responding to applicants. Please how true is this? And how long would it take?
Lori Iro.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 5:29pm On Sep 20, 2023
Congratulations

manover:

18 September 2023- BVL

My sister is a secondary school teacher, just invitation from my brother in Canada,
4. Letter of Intent

That was all I submitted. She was really discouraged to apply; I encourage her to give it a try and make the application simple.

Advise keep your application simple, landed properties is not part of Canada visa application!

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 5:32pm On Sep 20, 2023
Papasexpress:

I mean 3 weeks is far for me to wait for vfs Canada biometrics. Can I do walkin tomorrow
Bro wait for ur appointment day Joo,I don't even know say naa weytin you dey talk be that!...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
manover:

18 September 2023- BVL

4. Letter of Intent

You submitted ur application 13th September 2023 and your Biometric 14th September 2023.....bro which day did you receive ur biomatric appointment letter,,and which day did you book ur appointment date?.... Secondly: you said ppr for ur sister and her daughter..... according to you,you said ur uncle sent an invitation letter.....Can Canada immigration grant ur sister's PPR application with ordinary invitation letter from ur uncle?.....

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Papasexpress: 5:56pm On Sep 20, 2023
dealhunter:
You submitted ur application 13th September 2023 and your Biometric 14th September 2023.....bro which day did you receive ur biomatric appointment letter,,and which day did you book ur appointment date?.... Secondly: you said ppr for ur sister and her daughter..... according to you,you said ur uncle sent an invitation letter.....Can Canada immigration grant ur sister's PPR application with ordinary invitation letter from ur uncle?.....

Reason why I was asking if vfs allows walkin appointment for biometrics.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2023
Papasexpress:

Reason why I was asking if vfs allows walkin appointment for biometrics.
.....I don't think it's possible bro, Canada Application has giildline,ur application is done online, after submission,you will wait for 24hr to receive ur biomatric appointment letter,after ur biomatric appointment letter,you will proceed with ur appointment date booking..... you can spend like 2 or 3 days before you can see a date to pick..........ur appointment date self get time,if ur appointment date is 2pm, you cannot enter d primese unless it's 2pm.....and if you miss date or time...you will pay 30k fine or wait for like 3 weeks before you can see another date to pick.......SO,with this process sateted,how can someone boldly come on this forum and be saying that he submitted his sister's application on 13th September 2023 and biomatric was done on 14th September 2023?...naa Tinubu him be?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2023
manover:

18 September 2023- BVL

4. Letter of Intent

Saying landed properties is not part of canada visa application it a very wrong statement...what work for A may not work for MR B,people should add landed property if you have one it all proof of ur financial ties and u getting paaaport request 18 sept and you submited 19sept at vfs when some waiting and watimg to book appointment ...how??

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manover: 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2023
I saw negative comments on my post, and I have promised not to argue with anyone. Now I truly understand that a lot of people who claim to be professionals and smart are not! I have nothing to gain from putting wrong or misleading information here. I put my post here for people to read and learn. For those doubting, I thank you all, and this will be my last comment or post. For those who want to try, give it a try; the impossible is nothing! Again, I never book appointments online; I did a walk-in appointment. It was really difficult before they allowed me in, but I was able to get my biometrics and passport submission done without going through the online booking.
House34:

Saying landed properties is not part of canada visa application it a very wrong statement...what work for A may not work for MR B,people should add landed property if you have one it all proof of ur financial ties and u getting paaaport request 18 sept and you submited 19sept at vfs when some waiting and watimg to book appointment ...how??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 8:29pm On Sep 20, 2023
manover:
I saw negative comments on my post, and I have promised not to argue with anyone. Now I truly understand that a lot of people who claim to be professionals and smart are not! I have nothing to gain from putting wrong or misleading information here. I put my post here for people to read and learn. For those doubting, I thank you all, and this will be my last comment or post. For those who want to try, give it a try; the impossible is nothing! Again, I never book appointments online; I did a walk-in appointment. It was really difficult before they allowed me in, but I was able to get my biometrics and passport submission done without going through the online booking.
I thought you said the visa was for your sister and her daughter how come you're the one that Manover as your Monika to do a walk in Bio .....you will explain tire ooo

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Helen2001: 8:32pm On Sep 20, 2023
Helen2001:

Guys my Agent told me that due to the housing issues in Canada, that’s why there’s delay in giving out medical requests and responding to applicants. Please how true is this? And how long would it take?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Toks1023: 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2023
Hello, please my family was refused a temporary visa due to debts to the crown(we used an agent). Now, we have paid the debts. Is there a way we can appeal for reconsideration?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Toks1023: 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2023
dealhunter:
Google Toronto or d city you wish to visit events,apply and make d payment with ur Dollar card...the ticket will be sent to ur email... some events are free...just apply and d ticket will be sent to ur email....you can apply for like 2 or 3 events plus ur hotel and flight reservation..... upload everything in ur application...and state ur itinerary in ur introduction letter....

Hello, please my family was refused a temporary visa due to debts to the crown(we used an agent). Now, we have paid the debts. Is there a way we can appeal for reconsideration?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 9:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
Bostin:
I thought you said the visa was for your sister and her daughter how come you're the one that Manover as your Monika to do a walk in Bio .....you will explain tire ooo
The guy is up to something, belief him at ur own peril!.... without appointment letter and appointment date, nobody will allow him into d primese talkless of attending to him!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Toks1023: 9:09pm On Sep 20, 2023
lakeside30:

You will need to call or write them first,the VfS centre

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 9:09pm On Sep 20, 2023
Toks1023:
Re apply,you don't need to appeal!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2023
manover:
Your Moniker says a lot about you, nobody will believe ur cheap lies bro...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fyorgyn: 9:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
manover:
Well, I agree with you! She was just lucky lol. I told her smiley

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fyorgyn: 9:58pm On Sep 20, 2023
House34:

It is NOT!

My sister came to visit me last year (I posted the timeline and documents submitted- none of all the landed properties or plenty documents). My fathers Application was just approved and we submitted far less documents this time around! No bank statements whatsoever from either of them! My dad is retired and my mum is late so he more or less has little to show as per employment or ties.

Both my family members did not need any financial documents from their end because I wrote that I was going to sponsor the entire trip!

If you have a relative in Canada that is well established- has a good job and is financially stable- there is no reason to include all that (from my experience).

Having said that, I do agree with you that circumstances differ.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fyorgyn: 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2023
Toks1023:

Oh dear! So sorry about that.

I think someone had a similar experience earlier on this thread maybe do a quick search.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 11:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
[quote author=Helen2001 post=125918988][/quote]

You suppose to slap that your agent,he don scam you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
Fyorgyn:

It is NOT!

My sister came to visit me last year (I posted the timeline and documents submitted- none of all the landed properties or plenty documents). My fathers Application was just approved and we submitted far less documents this time around! No bank statements whatsoever from either of them! My dad is retired and my mum is late so he more or less has little to show as per employment or ties.

Both my family members did not need any financial documents from their end because I wrote that I was going to sponsor the entire trip!

If you have a relative in Canada that is well established- has a good job and is financially stable- there is no reason to include all that (from my experience).

Having said that, I do agree with you that circumstances differ.

Exactly circumstances differ which include age,when she applied,during the backlog the rules was relaxed so many people got visa with less requirement,status of ur sister when she applied ( married,single)so many other factors like elderly people tender to get visa easier so it best to include document that u feel will support ur application and most important is to arrange ur document in order and back with detail explanation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 11:12pm On Sep 20, 2023
Bostin:

This is why it's so important not to blindly believe everything you read online. Some people post humorous content to boost their egos, potentially misleading others

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hunee: 11:30pm On Sep 20, 2023
House34:

This is why it's so important not to blindly believe everything you read online. Some people post humorous content to boost their egos, potentially misleading others
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 11:30pm On Sep 20, 2023
House34:

The guy does not even know how to lie.....PPR Approval with only invitation letter from his uncle.....2.1m account balance.... No appointment letter)date......very funny dude!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fyorgyn: 12:16am On Sep 21, 2023
House34:

My father’s PPR came on September 18 and when we checked, there was passport submission appt on the 19th! So it’s possible.

If someone shares their story here, unless they are asking for money or telling you to PM them or asking to join a WhatsApp group, then, it’s most likely not a lie.

Even if it is a lie, we really shouldn’t discourage people from sharing their stories and timelines. What we’ve done now can discourage genuine people from sharing their experiences.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) ... (1097) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: sas101(m), Ifyonyem1, ednut1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.