Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (929) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2322145 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ikiloba: 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2023
Some said she applied in September 13 and got ppr ..
My boy apply has being running since July 4th no response from ircc yet... Finger crossed hoping for the best ...
Nichena:
Please who applied in July and have received PPR
Applied with my spouse and child
Submitted July 18th
Biometrics Submitted July 25th
Updated 26th.
Still waiting for BVL
We all have valid UK and US visas and have visited both countries together
This waiting game is really frustrating/ annoying

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by prettyynx(m): 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2023
Hi , do you mind sharing your contact details as I am currently in Montreal and I would like to know more about the CS job you got ,
or to make it more comfortabe for you ,you can message me on IG @yinkaakint .
abousanogo83:
I am currently in Canada with my wife on VV.
After moving round, there are 3 levels of bringing the family in as observed. ( I have 6 children)
1. Asylum
2. School
3. LMIA. ( two types; fictitious and legitimate) both works

After due consideration, I think the school option with a DLI school is more appropriate and advantageous. 2 years course for 3 years WP after completion.

Someone also suggested short course during the visit before applying for school. I am looking into this and will let the house know.

On Cost of Living, Canada is pretty cheap compared to UK, Italy, France and Portugal and Schengen areas I have lived amongst others.

Vancouver’s got a very good weather and not as expensive as people say. I just got to Alberta this morning and will check out Edmonton and Calgary and see how it is.

I intend going to Montreal and New Brunswick before returning to Nigeria.

It may be important to share that I got a job offer for CDL driver and customer service job which though I declined as both will tie me down for 25 months with about $26 per hour pay.

Wishing everyone one luck.

If you are around and you have a better opportunity or idea, we can meet up and also discuss I am currently in Windermere estate .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abey92: 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2023
Hello guys….I will like to know if someone can use his or her sponsor account at the point of entry,cos I was told the money has to be in your account…that u must have access to it …
Pls help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 11:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
Abey92:
Hello guys….I will like to know if someone can use his or her sponsor account at the point of entry,cos I was told the money has to be in your account…that u must have access to it …
Pls help

Are you a student?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XavierZ: 8:34am On Sep 22, 2023
Hello everyone,

Quick question please.

My mum is leaving for Canada to visit me in a few days. Can anyone tell me what the most recent requirements are at the Nigerian Abuja airport aside from visa and travel doc.

Does she need covid test etc ?

I left Dec 2021 which was still the early days (post covid), I'm not sure what happens now.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Junene: 10:01am On Sep 22, 2023
Hello everyone! Please I sent my passport to vfs office in Abuja 2 weeks ago. Any ideas how I can track it? Does it usually take this long?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 11:33am On Sep 22, 2023
XavierZ:
Hello everyone,

Quick question please.

My mum is leaving for Canada to visit me in a few days. Can anyone tell me what the most recent requirements are at the Nigerian Abuja airport aside from visa and travel doc.

Does she need covid test etc ?

I left Dec 2021 which was still the early days (post covid), I'm not sure what happens now.

Thanks

No covid test required
Let her enjoy the flight

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ohlordhavemercy: 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2023
Goodafternoon all the gurus here.Pls I had previously been refused the US B1/B2 visiting visa on Home tie reasons.And I was denied the Canadian study permit 5 yrs ago for not stating the US refusal(Agent didn't let me go thru the form)So right now,am filling the Canadian visa form and doing the application myself.But please,there's a question in the visa form that reads"Have you ever been refused ADMISSION or been ORDERED TO LEAVE Canada or any OTHER COUNTRY? Please,what's the right answer here? Yes or No. Thanks as I expect your replies
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
ohlordhavemercy:
Goodafternoon all the gurus here.Pls I had previously been refused the US B1/B2 visiting visa on Home tie reasons.And I was denied the Canadian study permit 5 yrs ago for not stating the US refusal(Agent didn't let me go thru the form)So right now,am filling the Canadian visa form and doing the application myself.But please,there's a question in the visa form that reads"Have you ever been refused ADMISSION or been ORDERED TO LEAVE Canada or any OTHER COUNTRY? Please,what's the right answer here? Yes or No. Thanks as I expect your replies

Your response is YES, and state the year u were eefused for both US and 🇨🇦, pls this is very important, this was the reason my wife application still pending with them,for 1 year 3 month now,she did not have the intention to misrepresent or lie,but she misunderstood the question, please say yes and state thecreasons and year

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iykewright: 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
prettyynx:
Hi , do you mind sharing your contact details as I am currently in Montreal and I would like to know more about the CS job you got ,
or to make it more comfortabe for you ,you can message me on IG @yinkaakint .
Currently I am in Alberta, Calgary per say. Just trying to fix things up

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phakabir06: 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
Phakabir06:
PPR ALERTS
Me, MY wife and Son

November 9th 2022- Application Submitted
Biometrics- Done in 2018
May 18th, 2023- Police Certificates From Nigeria and the United states.
June 26th, 2023- Reviewing of Additional Document
September 19th, 2023- BVL & PPR

My wife application have been approved since May 18th, 2023 . But was pending till they finalized mine. I knew this through MP and CBSA

All the best for others waiting. Thank you everyone and also queenG2020 that let me know about the FBI electronic summary reports for my Fingerprints in the United States.

All the Best. Good luck for others waiting .

Update

Passport Submitted at VFS Abuja in Person- 20th September ,2023. Pick up 21st September, 2023. Only Mine was ready for pickup

Pick up for my wife and child today 22nd September, 2023. ( Authorization letter from my wife and my child's birth certificate.

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bunmioluwa: 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2023
I want to submit family passports, please does one 1-way VFS courier service cover all members of the family? (i.e. will all the passports be considered as a package by VFS?)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tayogbade: 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
Good day everyone

1) Please when applying for study visa for minor ( 6 years and above)…what do you fill in the forms asking for school details, duration, school fees etc

2) how do you sign the family representative form. Do I need to print out and sign it?

Please help. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Katt247: 9:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
Pls house .. I need your urgent advice . Canada requested for my passport since June 23rd , 2023 but I missed out on the mail . Yesterday, they sent another mail and when I checked it , they have rejected my application based on the fact that I refused to provide my passport when asked !! cry .
Pls what do I do to remedy the situation? Pls help a sister if anyone has ever experienced such .
I’ll be expecting your response. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oluwaloniglory7: 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2023
Good for your feedback bro if I may ask? Is those jobs has LMIA ?

abousanogo83:
I am currently in Canada with my wife on VV.
After moving round, there are 3 levels of bringing the family in as observed. ( I have 6 children)
1. Asylum
2. School
3. LMIA. ( two types; fictitious and legitimate) both works

After due consideration, I think the school option with a DLI school is more appropriate and advantageous. 2 years course for 3 years WP after completion.

Someone also suggested short course during the visit before applying for school. I am looking into this and will let the house know.

On Cost of Living, Canada is pretty cheap compared to UK, Italy, France and Portugal and Schengen areas I have lived amongst others.

Vancouver’s got a very good weather and not as expensive as people say. I just got to Alberta this morning and will check out Edmonton and Calgary and see how it is.

I intend going to Montreal and New Brunswick before returning to Nigeria.

It may be important to share that I got a job offer for CDL driver and customer service job which though I declined as both will tie me down for 25 months with about $26 per hour pay.

Wishing everyone one luck.

If you are around and you have a better opportunity or idea, we can meet up and also discuss I am currently in Windermere estate .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oluwaloniglory7: 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2023
Send webform with emotional message and request for new PPR

Katt247:
Pls house .. I need your urgent advice . Canada requested for my passport since June 23rd , 2023 but I missed out on the mail . Yesterday, they sent another mail and when I checked it , they have rejected my application based on the fact that I refused to provide my passport when asked !! cry .
Pls what do I do to remedy the situation? Pls help a sister if anyone has ever experienced such .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:50pm On Sep 22, 2023
Katt247:

You can send them a secured message through the IRCC webform requesting a new “Passport Request Letter” and see if they will overturn the decision.

Temporary resident visas for Nigerians are being processed in Nairobi, Kenya; therefore, send your inquiry or message through the IRCC webform to the Canada visa office in Nairobi.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

Additionally, you can send them an email through the following email addresses, but remember to mark the message "urgent."
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi.consular@international.gc.ca
nrobi@international.gc.ca

You can also copy their Nigerian office at
lagosimmigration@international.gc.ca
lagosg@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 10:19am On Sep 23, 2023
Katt247:

Why have you not been checking your mail
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oficialaikhonmu: 10:57am On Sep 23, 2023
Good morning everyone in house, please I need your guidance and direction on the documents I will need to apply for a Canada visit visa.
I returned from NYSC last year November since then I have not gotten any employment, I have someone in Canada who is already a Canadian citizen and have offered to give me an invitation to come to Canada but don't know how to go about it and me too don't know how to apply.
He requested I find out the requirement he need to meet and the documents he will need in order to be able to send me invitation because he is very busy with work to do the research himself. I have been following this group but have not seen concreate information's that suites my case.

my questions are
1, what qualifies, eligibility or documents he needs to be able to give me invitation and where will he go to get or apply for the invitation letter
2, what are the documents I will need to have a successful application here in Nigeria [ no employment details ]
please your sincere advice and guidance will be highly appreciated.
THANS ALL
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lynoverse(m): 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
Good day all,
Please I need a urgent answer, I have a pending visit visa application, can I also apply for study visa package along side?
Won't it conflict each other?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
Lynoverse:
Good day all,
Please I need a urgent answer, I have a pending visit visa application, can I also apply for study visa package along side?
Won't it conflict each other?

You can apply ,it wount conflicts each other

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maria96: 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
oficialaikhonmu:
Good morning everyone in house, please I need your guidance and direction on the documents I will need to apply for a Canada visit visa.
I returned from NYSC last year November since then I have not gotten any employment, I have someone in Canada who is already a Canadian citizen and have offered to give me an invitation to come to Canada but don't know how to go about it and me too don't know how to apply.
He requested I find out the requirement he need to meet and the documents he will need in order to be able to send me invitation because he is very busy with work to do the research himself. I have been following this group but have not seen concreate information's that suites my case.

my questions are
1, what qualifies, eligibility or documents he needs to be able to give me invitation and where will he go to get or apply for the invitation letter
2, what are the documents I will need to have a successful application here in Nigeria [ no employment details ]
THANS ALL
Google invitation letter for Canada template. Just edit and put in the details as applicable. Then he provides his passport and account statement to you. Include it in the online application. Without a job in Nigeria you have no home ties. Your chances of getting it is less than 5%.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
oficialaikhonmu:

my questions are
THANS ALL

I think, since you have no source of income,let that person who is a canadian citizen do the full sponsorship

Invitation letter with photocopies of his/her passport

Bank statement

Place of work

Tax filling report

Good credit records

In his/her IV letter ,specify that he/she will take care of your flight tickets, feeding,accommodation

Add your own home ties too(sometimes that you sure will bring u back Nigeria after your vacation)

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2023
Maria96:
Google invitation letter for Canada template. Just edit and put in the details as applicable. Then he provides his passport and account statement to you. Include it in the online application. Without a job in Nigeria you have no home ties. Your chances of getting it is less than 5%.
he is not married,no job,no home ties,not into any business and no statement of account.. his chances is very slim!.......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2023
oficialaikhonmu:

my questions are
THANS ALL
Follow study route bro,...ur chances on visit visa is very slim....if you secure an admission,your brother can sponsor you...

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
Pls, I forgot my username and password (I am still asking myself how that happened) and I applied in 2022 or 2021. I have been receiving emails that I should sign in that I have message. I have tried and tried. I sent them a mail one time and they asked that I open another portal and move my formal application. That didn't work or maybe I didn't do that to the accurately. Who can help me pls.

How do I raise a Web form?
Who has a number I can call. The one on their website hasn't been going through! .

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ohlordhavemercy: 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2023
Thank you so much.i appreciate

Your response is YES, and state the year u were eefused for both US and 🇨🇦, pls this is very important, this was the reason my wife application still pending with them,for 1 year 3 month now,she did not have the intention to misrepresent or lie,but she misunderstood the question, please say yes and state thecreasons and year[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mis3man: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

I knew UK VO usually denied on using business account to apply even if your CAC is not active but that not usually common to Canada.

I used sponsor business account without tax or receipt for my student visa and got approved despite my Sponsor company account is inactive for many years.

Note: All application is not the same and no one should take this as priority because what work for me might not work for you, but I have seen many people that used only business account with multiple transactions debit and credit (like 30 pages of business trading ) that gotten their visa.

[author=Mis3man post=125766509]

Yeah it worked in the past don't forget that CANADA at the time eased eligibility and made so many applications scale through that would not have happened if things had not eased but rn the rate of refusal is high compared to before I would not advise anyone to use a business(if intend to also attatche ur personal account to have a strong case) account at this point when applications are being scrutinized more than before when eligibility was eased

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mis3man: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
akube34:
I have been here a while and currently a citizen. You can get a single room between $900-$1200 per month. I was just lucky to get my for $800 cus na older building

Thank you please do u know of any shared apartment or someone who's willing to accommodate I newbie in Canada though I plan to enter next year but I want to connect with people already in Canada to avoid expensive mistakes
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by floboyza: 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
Hi all, please is a Letter of explanation (LOE) compulsory for a first time visitor visa or I just need a cover letter?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by akube34: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mis3man:

Thank you please do u know of any shared apartment or someone who's willing to accommodate I newbie in Canada though I plan to enter next year but I want to connect with people already in Canada to avoid expensive mistakes
are you single?

(1) (2) (3) ... (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: olaoluwa13 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.