Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,125 members, 7,835,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (928) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2356581 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) ... (1114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 3:53am On Sep 21, 2023
Fyorgyn:

My father’s PPR came on September 18 and when we checked, there was passport submission appt on the 19th! So it’s possible.

If someone shares their story here, unless they are asking for money or telling you to PM them or asking to join a WhatsApp group, then, it’s most likely not a lie.

Even if it is a lie, we really shouldn’t discourage people from sharing their stories and timelines. What we’ve done now can discourage genuine people from sharing their experiences.

Thank you

How do we discourage?

Quoting what the guy said below..becos the timelime was for the sister but now he said

*l never book appointments online; I did a walk-in appointment. It was really difficult before they allowed me in, but I was able to get my biometrics and passport submission done without going through the online booking.*.

So technically this guy thumpprintted on behalf of the sister ...how possible ,can you explain becos we should encourage only geniue experience !!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 4:40am On Sep 21, 2023
Papasexpress:

I mean 3 weeks is far for me to wait for vfs Canada biometrics. Can I do walkin tomorrow

Visit the VFS website frequently and try to reschedule; you'll likely find a new date that is more convenient than the prior one.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 4:45am On Sep 21, 2023
be4dem:
After biometrics, is their a way I can track my application

You can log in to your account to see new updates or use the application tracker to track it

https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 5:00am On Sep 21, 2023
manover:
PPR for my sister and her daughter.

Virgin passport with no travel history

13 September 2023 Application Submitted
14 September 2023- Biometrics
18 September 2023- Passport request
18 September 2023- BVL
19 September 2023- submitted passport at VFS office Lagos.

My sister is a secondary school teacher, just invitation from my brother in Canada,
statement of account 2.1 million for herself and daughter.
Just be simple with your application and do not add unnecessary documents.
1. Employment letter from her school
2. Statement of account 2.1 million
3. Invitation letter from my brother
4. Letter of Intent
5. Consent letter for my daughter. Her dad got it notarize.

That was all I submitted. She was really discouraged to apply; I encourage her to give it a try and make the application simple.

Advise keep your application simple, landed properties is not part of Canada visa application!

This is the fastest so far; the whole process was like 3 business days.

I guess she walked in to do the biometrics the same day she got the biometric request letter.

Same thing with passport submission. Your sister walked in to submit her passport, or what?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 5:02am On Sep 21, 2023
Helen2001:

Guys my Agent told me that due to the housing issues in Canada, that’s why there’s delay in giving out medical requests and responding to applicants. Please how true is this? And how long would it take?

That's not true. Made-up story.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 5:07am On Sep 21, 2023
manover:
I saw negative comments on my post, and I have promised not to argue with anyone. Now I truly understand that a lot of people who claim to be professionals and smart are not! I have nothing to gain from putting wrong or misleading information here. I put my post here for people to read and learn. For those doubting, I thank you all, and this will be my last comment or post. For those who want to try, give it a try; the impossible is nothing! Again, I never book appointments online; I did a walk-in appointment. It was really difficult before they allowed me in, but I was able to get my biometrics and passport submission done without going through the online booking.

You walked in to do biometrics, or your sister did. You are contradicting yourself.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by otedola1(m): 6:23am On Sep 21, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

You can log in to your account to see new updates or use the application tracker to track it

https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register

Pls all my Oga in d house help me oo, about my visa fees all naira card I using is Declined and someone advice me 2 get dollar card wish I told my friend in New Jersey 2 get me load credit card NETSPEND with $205 inside,

and the card told me Declined again, I don't no maybe the Canada side to pay visa fees get issue now that is why ?

Please I need ur help or advice again

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 6:40am On Sep 21, 2023
otedola1:

Pls all my Oga in d house help me oo, about my visa fees all naira card I using is Declined and someone advice me 2 get dollar card wish I told my friend in New Jersey 2 get me load credit card NETSPEND with $205 inside,

and the card told me Declined again, I don't no maybe the Canada side to pay visa fees get issue now that is why ?

Let me guess they are trying to reject more application submission due to the tons of application they had already ,I stand to be corrected . I once had such experience 2years ago , I even bought a subscribed dollar card from Access bank then but was still declined .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 7:13am On Sep 21, 2023
Hello Nairalanders,trust we good. I used an agent for this Cana JAPA &he told me that my application has been submitted since August 28 that he's waiting for biometric appointment till now. I don't how true is this because people gave testimony of doing theirs some days after submission of application. Pls I need enlightenment
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 8:42am On Sep 21, 2023
Fyorgyn:

My father’s PPR came on September 18 and when we checked, there was passport submission appt on the 19th! So it’s possible.

If someone shares their story here, unless they are asking for money or telling you to PM them or asking to join a WhatsApp group, then, it’s most likely not a lie.

Even if it is a lie, we really shouldn’t discourage people from sharing their stories and timelines. What we’ve done now can discourage genuine people from sharing their experiences.

Thank you

Sharing lies and misconception is not good for the forum and will surely mislead applicant seeking information online

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opebiyi14: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2023
Hi
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 9:32am On Sep 21, 2023
otedola1:

Why don’t you ask that your friend to use his credit card to pay on your behalf?

I think that would have been better than asking him to load a Netspend card for you.

You can try the Netspend card again. Use a different browser.

or get a dollar card from any of the banks here in Nigeria.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 9:35am On Sep 21, 2023
Kennyg290:
Hello Nairalanders,trust we good. I used an agent for this Cana JAPA &he told me that my application has been submitted since August 28 that he's waiting for biometric appointment till now. I don't how true is this because people gave testimony of doing theirs some days after submission of application. Pls I need enlightenment

Most people get a biometrics request letter within a few minutes or hours after submitting their applications.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 9:38am On Sep 21, 2023
Bostin:
Let me guess they are trying to reject more application submission due to the tons of application they had already ,I stand to be corrected . I once had such experience 2years ago , I even bought a subscribed dollar card from Access bank then but was still declined .

That can’t be true.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 9:56am On Sep 21, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Most people get a biometrics request letter within a few minutes or hours after submitting their applications.
I got mine d next day, application submitted 30th September, biometric request letter was sent d next day,20th September was picked as biometric date,....I did my biometric yesterday....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 10:00am On Sep 21, 2023
Kennyg290:
Demand for ur login details from him....we submitted 30th September and biomatric request letter was sent d next day.... that's why it's important to have an access to ur application,ur agent is hidden something for you bro ....

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:29am On Sep 21, 2023
dealhunter:
I got mine d next day, application submitted 30th September, biometric request letter was sent d next day,20th September was picked as biometric date,....I did my biometric yesterday....

You meant application submitted 30th of august
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chimark20: 10:46am On Sep 21, 2023
It's a simple deal, just go to vfs, tell them that you want to pay for Vip biometrics, that's all. You will pay roughly 20k. You will be allowed to do biometrics even do you missed it. I did the same
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbengz101: 11:31am On Sep 21, 2023
Bostin:

Haba! How can u say due to tons of application they are rejecting money. Think about that statement, who no want money, which government doesn't want money? The issue is this...if their payment gateway suspect your dollar card is not registered for 3D secure authentication it won't go through. I once used sterling bank dollar card and when I tried to use if for someone else it declined, so I guess it was because the first time I used the sterling card, it was approved without 3dsecure code. So I had to use my GTB USD credit MasterCard for the person before it was approved.

Also, do you know if that netspend card carries a U.S billing address and you want to use it here in Nigeria, your IP address must be U.S IP address?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 11:38am On Sep 21, 2023
dealhunter:
Demand for ur login details from him....we submitted 30th September and biomatric request letter was sent d next day.... that's why it's important to have an access to ur application,ur agent is hidden something for you bro ....
I believed so, he's hiding something from me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Why don’t you ask that your friend to use his credit card to pay on your behalf?

I think that would have been better than asking him to load a Netspend card for you.

You can try the Netspend card again. Use a different browser.

or get a dollar card from any of the banks here in Nigeria.

Perfect idea
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2023
Kennyg290:

I believed so, he's hiding something from me.
demand for ur login details from him,delay is dangerous bro ......if you see d number of applicants that came for Thier biomatric yesterday,hmm,I'm afraid, Canada Japa route can cast any moment!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ogbeniwale: 12:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
Please you people should reply us o. I'm seating on this same table too. I've gotten my visa since sept 2nd.
MrALIVE:
Please what advice can you give someone that has a visit visa and is planning to travel but doesn't know anyone in Canada

Note:The person has no plans of coming back...na japa

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by otedola1(m): 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2023
gbengz101:

Haba! How can u say due to tons of application they are rejecting money. Think about that statement, who no want money, which government doesn't want money? The issue is this...if their payment gateway suspect your dollar card is not registered for 3D secure authentication it won't go through. I once used sterling bank dollar card and when I tried to use if for someone else it declined, so I guess it was because the first time I used the sterling card, it was approved without 3dsecure code. So I had to use my GTB USD credit MasterCard for the person before it was approved.

Also, do you know if that netspend card carries a U.S billing address and you want to use it here in Nigeria, your IP address must be U.S IP address?

Thanks d respond....maybe I will try sterling card because I have corporate acct whit them
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbengz101: 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2023
otedola1:

Thanks d respond....maybe I will try sterling card because I have corporate acct whit them

I think sterling no longer have functional dollar cards, why not try GTB
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abousanogo83: 1:26pm On Sep 21, 2023
I am currently in Canada with my wife on VV.
After moving round, there are 3 levels of bringing the family in as observed. ( I have 6 children)
1. Asylum
2. School
3. LMIA. ( two types; fictitious and legitimate) both works

After due consideration, I think the school option with a DLI school is more appropriate and advantageous. 2 years course for 3 years WP after completion.

Someone also suggested short course during the visit before applying for school. I am looking into this and will let the house know.

On Cost of Living, Canada is pretty cheap compared to UK, Italy, France and Portugal and Schengen areas I have lived amongst others.

Vancouver’s got a very good weather and not as expensive as people say. I just got to Alberta this morning and will check out Edmonton and Calgary and see how it is.

I intend going to Montreal and New Brunswick before returning to Nigeria.

It may be important to share that I got a job offer for CDL driver and customer service job which though I declined as both will tie me down for 25 months with about $26 per hour pay.

Wishing everyone one luck.

If you are around and you have a better opportunity or idea, we can meet up and also discuss I am currently in Windermere estate .

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abousanogo83: 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2023
Also I need to let you all know that the our visa application was in 2021 by an agent. We had already forgotten about the application and in 2023 we were called for the PPR. We requested for our login info and luckily got it. The destination for tourism was Toronto but we didn’t fly to Toronto. We rather flew to Vancouver. On arrival we were met by someone who looked liked an ordinary employee wearing black trousers and white shirt. (Cleaners are more officially dressed than him) , approached us and asked few questions. Note; Very young around 24-28 years. I had no single idea he was an immigration BOSS as I was later told.
Note: He was not in a cubicle or stand. He was just walking freely.
Hi he said;
Where are you coming from?
What are you here for?
How long do you plan to stay?
Do you have a return ticket? ( at this point I was going to tell him please direct me to immigration, but something told me to be calm. My wife was just beside me)
How will you get to your destination? So at that point I was going to ask ; are you an Uber Driver? But I didn’t.

What do you do back home?

ALL questions confidently answered .

Then welcome to Canada. At that point I became confused . I passed through where he pointed and was looking for immigration to do their work then I realized I was at the baggage point , saw our baggages, picked them up and passed through customs without any question or checking and then I realized i was inside Canada already.

Good luck

18 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2023
abousanogo83:
I am currently in Canada with my wife on VV.
After moving round, there are 3 levels of bringing the family in as observed. ( I have 6 children)
1. Asylum
2. School
3. LMIA. ( two types; fictitious and legitimate) both works

After due consideration, I think the school option with a DLI school is more appropriate and advantageous. 2 years course for 3 years WP after completion.

Someone also suggested short course during the visit before applying for school. I am looking into this and will let the house know.

On Cost of Living, Canada is pretty cheap compared to UK, Italy, France and Portugal and Schengen areas I have lived amongst others.

Vancouver’s got a very good weather and not as expensive as people say. I just got to Alberta this morning and will check out Edmonton and Calgary and see how it is.

I intend going to Montreal and New Brunswick before returning to Nigeria.

It may be important to share that I got a job offer for CDL driver and customer service job which though I declined as both will tie me down for 25 months with about $26 per hour pay.

Wishing everyone one luck.

If you are around and you have a better opportunity or idea, we can meet up and also discuss I am currently in Windermere estate .
Thanks for this info...pls how did you secure this offer of employment on a vv visa?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abousanogo83: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2023
dealhunter:
Thanks for this info...pls how did you secure this offer of employment on a vv visa?

Through indeed. My wife submitted well over 500 but 2 responded positively but it’s not my intention to tie myself down as I earn more in my business back home.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 4:25pm On Sep 21, 2023
abousanogo83:

Through indeed. My wife submitted well over 500 but 2 responded positively but it’s not my intention to tie myself down as I earn more in my business back home.
So,there is hope of securing job even on vv Visa? ....then, which university in Canada offer DIL programs and which province?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by otedola1(m): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2023
gbengz101:

Thanks boss, then block the credit card because 9ja IP address....but is successful now thanks everyone for idea

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nichena: 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2023
Please who applied in July and have received PPR
Applied with my spouse and child
Submitted July 18th
Biometrics Submitted July 25th
Updated 26th.
Still waiting for BVL
We all have valid UK and US visas and have visited both countries together
This waiting game is really frustrating/ annoying

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) ... (1114) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: ozymes, tomiwaolugbenga, Shokeye3 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.