Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (937) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2330083 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) ... (1104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by otedola1(m): 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2023
tonero230:

That their question is confusing

Seriously....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iykewright: 4:20pm On Oct 02, 2023
thalpy:
please I have tried study route, admission not forth coming. so I used a visiting visa. now I was given a visitor's visa, but I plan to convert to study visa when I get there. I don't know if anyone here has done that before .
wanted to know if police report and medical report will be needed when am already in their country and also the compulsory short course needed to apply for a study for international student on visiting visa where it can done.

. Yes my dear you will, the police report and the medical, then your Transcript as well
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iykewright: 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2023
may99:
Are you sure about my dads bank statement. I’m sure he doesn’t have up to 1M in his account ooh.

Your dad need to have a tie back in Nigeria, like landed documents, his pension account

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iykewright: 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2023
MayorOfEdmonton:
Well, my mother in law got her visa stamped dis week and we didn't even bother to ask for her bank statement as we clearly stated in the invitation letter that we would sponsor all her expenses.
In the box for how much was available we put $10,000.
If you feel it's needed, by all means go ahead Ma.
Cheers
The amount there doesn't really mean

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2023
BoNsi:

Any update on yours yet? Has your Biometrics been updated now?

Still waiting for updates from the agent. Although I av not bn available due to military assignment. Thx

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2023
otedola1:

Seriously....

At least,they should have made it as clear as:have you been denied visa to enter Canada and have been denied visa to enter any other country.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ofime123(m): 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2023
My biometric is not updating since last week Thursday. Hope am on the right track

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emmanuelle27: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2023
Gurus, pls help me Everluate my approval chances for visit visa

Zero travel history
Zero properties
30yrs no wife or kids
Bsc. Biochemistry
Gainfully employed
Naira account with monthly 11m turnover
6m in naira account
5k USD in dom account.

I also have a side business where I buy goods and waybill to people in the east hence the huge turnover, but it's not a registered business so I'm not sure I can declare it.

I intend to visit for 1 week and return, is there a chance of approval or do I focus on other things
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by talk2dekky(f): 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2023
Thank you

oluayebenz:

Submit your BVL letter together with your passport and pay the transmission fee.

Congrats
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nkem2023: 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2023
USE THIS LINK TO TRACK IT

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-GPTWave1/Track/Index?

quote author=ofime123 post=126154885]My biometric is not updating since last week Thursday. Hope am on the right track[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2023
Congratulations

josephb:
Good Afternoon All,

I submitted a TRV for my Mum on the 12th of September 2023 to enable Her travel with us (Myself and Family) in December 2023, however, just this morning she was sent a PPR.

Application date: 12th Sept 2023

Biometrics: 18th Sept 2023

BVL and PPR: 2nd Oct. 2023

Sponsor: Myself

Travel History: None.

Regards,

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2023
otedola1:

Pls house, I don't understand where to include the visa refusal of either UK or US as no questions of such was ask.

The only place I see was if you have been refuse Canadian visa before.

Meanwhile I was refuse US visa in 2007 and UK in 2022, where do I include this in the form, note that I have submitted.

I submitted my application on 21/09/2023 and yet to do Biometric which is scheduled for October 6.

Kindly advise on what to do.

It should be under the travel history section.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haryour124: 11:58pm On Oct 02, 2023
josephb:
Good Afternoon All,

I submitted a TRV for my Mum on the 12th of September 2023 to enable Her travel with us (Myself and Family) in December 2023, however, just this morning she was sent a PPR.

Regards,

Congratulations bro, pls did u open a new portal for ur mum or u used your previous portal for her?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Canadahome: 12:20am On Oct 03, 2023
Hello guys,

Can someone please confirm if this is the new Visiting visa portal below?

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

I am applying for my mother in law, but I am confused how weather to open an email with her details or open with my details and apply on her half.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Canadahome: 12:49am On Oct 03, 2023
josephb:
Good Afternoon All,

Regards,

Congratulations.

Please, did you open an account on her behalf? Or you open an account with your details and applied on her behalf?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abey92: 5:19am On Oct 03, 2023
House34:

Are you a student?

Yes,I am
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PedigreeCity: 5:52am On Oct 03, 2023
Good morning to all the gurus in the house...

I have 2 questions:

1.) Pls is it a must to book for a Paid-Conference before visa can be given?
2.)Has anyone got his/her visa with Free/Unpaid Conference?

Pls, i need an urgent answer to this questions...

Many thanks in anticipation!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by damosade(m): 7:23am On Oct 03, 2023
Hello house, is it a must i schedule an appointment for my biometrics?or I should just go anytime because document with me shows i should do it within 30 days.
If any ? Please send me a link to schedule. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 9:13am On Oct 03, 2023
Good morning everyone , unfortunately my visa was refused this morning . Reason being I am not satisfied you will leave after your visit . Best of Luck to everyone expecting .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 9:14am On Oct 03, 2023
Hi,

I used my own portal, the one I applied with from Last year.

Regards,

Canadahome:

Congratulations.

Please, did you open an account on her behalf? Or you open an account with your details and applied on her behalf?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 9:18am On Oct 03, 2023
Hi,

I used my own portal, the one I applied with from Last year.

Regards,

Haryour124:

Congratulations bro, pls did u open a new portal for ur mum or u used your previous portal for her?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olaremy2k: 10:54am On Oct 03, 2023
Sorry to hear this and maybe u can reapply and work more on home ties. May i know when u applied ?

Bostin:
Good morning everyone , unfortunately my visa was refused this morning . Reason being I am not satisfied you will leave after your visit . Best of Luck to everyone expecting .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ofime123(m): 10:58am On Oct 03, 2023
Thanks I think I will have to go back to vfs office if I didn't get update on my portal this week because I track it from ircc site and his saying no record found for biometric the problem will be from vfs. And without the biometric update they are not going to treat my application
nkem2023:
USE THIS LINK TO TRACK IT

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-GPTWave1/Track/Index?

quote author=ofime123 post=126154885]My biometric is not updating since last week Thursday. Hope am on the right track
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 11:23am On Oct 03, 2023
talk2dekky:
PPR ALERT

Application:16th September 2023
Biometrics Added: 17th September (Had done this previously last year.
Eligibility Completed : 18th September
Bvl and ppr- 2nd October

I do have a valid us visa, I applied first for trv last year to speak at a conference in Canada but by the time I received my passport back from the embassy the conference was over so ended up not travelling at all. However, that passport expired in August 2023 so I only had a one year visa valid till then. I renewed my passport this year and wanted to have the TRV just in case I have an impromptu need to travel to Canada so I applied again.

I only attached four documents, my passport, appointment letter from my organization and my valid us visa and a letter stating what I do and that I wanted to travel to see canada. I didn't attach bank statement because it wasn't requested for( Please attach as much as you think you need, I personally just decided not to 😜, everyone's case is different O).

Just wanted to share. This is my second time applying so I sincerely do not have a whole wealth of experience to share on Canada visa process as both times for me were quite simple a d straightforward.

Quick question if anyone knows before I send in my passport? Not sure the yellow paper I got for biometrics last year came back with my passport when I submitted, I can't find it. I did biometrics in Lagos, but plan on sending to Abuja. Will paying for Transmission fee cover for not attaching the yellow biometric slip? Thanks everyone.

In which of the column did you attach your invitation letter and a letter stating what you and what you want to do in Canada? I also have a valid US visa. There are only 4 columns for document attachments. No columns for bank statement or other proof of fund, travel history etc. I am using the new application website

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nkem2023: 11:24am On Oct 03, 2023
so sad to hear this.
Don't give up.
kindly,let us know a little details about your application .
it will help prepare others who are currently applying

*Are married?
*your age?
*your a/c balance?
*How many days did you tell them you will spend ?
"your first application ?
*Do you have any travel experince ?
*visit or tourism?

Bostin:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by damosade(m): 12:22pm On Oct 03, 2023
damosade:
Hello house, is it a must i schedule an appointment for my biometrics?or I should just go anytime because document with me shows i should do it within 30 days.
If any ? Please send me a link to schedule. Thanks

Any answer to this please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2023
olaremy2k:
Sorry to hear this and maybe u can reapply and work more on home ties. May i know when u applied ?

July 26
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2023
damosade:

U need to schedule an appointment, but if you have much money u can walk in,i think is about 35k VIP
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2023
babs4all:

In which of the column did you attach your invitation letter and a letter stating what you and what you want to do in Canada? I also have a valid US visa. There are only 4 columns for document attachments. No columns for bank statement or other proof of fund, travel history etc. I am using the new application website

Regardless of all the columns there ,there will always proof of fund placeholder then put ur remaining document to the remaining 3,just scan and attached,it doesnt matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by YouthWatch: 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2023
Nichena:
Please who applied in July and have received PPR
Applied with my spouse and child
Submitted July 18th
Biometrics Submitted July 25th
Updated 26th.
Still waiting for BVL
We all have valid UK and US visas and have visited both countries together
This waiting game is really frustrating/ annoying

Update!!!!!!
Our Visas were approved!!!
Received BVL and PPR for me and spouse as well as PPR for child (he's a minor, he didn't do Biometrics).

My spouse and I used new passports with 10yrs validity but the child has 3years validity!

Received all the emails at the same time! 8.20am 3rd October 2023!!!

I've already scheduled submission appointments online for 5th October 2023!!

Gckey portal has been updated accordingly as captured below, with eligibility showing"reviewing", however, tracker remains as is with eligibility not started.

The wait was really daunting but I thank God it ended in praise!!

I pray the same for all who are waiting! The good news will come soonest in Jesus name, amen

9 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2023
Bostin:

Sorry for that. When did you do biometric
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 1:52pm On Oct 03, 2023
damosade:

Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) ... (1104) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: donteebalo(m), Larash, haywayboi(m), Nkaluu800(m), Onibuoore, williamszooh, deejay102 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.