Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (939) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321983 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliya: 2:35pm On Oct 04, 2023
Thank you.
it was the Nairobi address i found on this page while looking for answers and they replied me. I do not have UCI number. where do i see that please? i have read through the entire document.

i will copy the lagos office as suggested.
i have even renewed my passport. can this affect things in any way? i will equally let them know that i have a new passport too.

Ashirioluwa:

You have two options.
First option: send them an email and webform to apologize, and then wait to see if they will overturn their decision.

The IRCC office in Nairobi is in charge of temporary resident permits for Nigerian applicants; therefore, send your inquiry to them and then copy their Lagos office.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

You can as well send them email through any of these addresses:
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi.consular@international.gc.ca
nrobi@international.gc.ca

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Lagos

Email address:
lagosimmigration@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca

Don't forget to include your UCI number, passport number, application number, phone number, email address, and full name in your letter.

Second option: Do the first option and also submit a fresh application. In the new application, make sure you mention your previous application.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2023
iyaaliya:
Thank you.
it was the Nairobi address i found on this page while looking for answers and they replied me. I do not have UCI number. where do i see that please? i have read through the entire document.

i will copy the lagos office as suggested.
i have even renewed my passport. can this affect things in any way? i will equally let them know that i have a new passport too.

Login to your account; either you submitted your application through the GCKey account or the new portal.

Upon logging in to your account, click "check full application status", then scroll down to "application information" to view your UCI and application number.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2023
Thank you. Going through my mail now and I realised it was around the time I put to bed. I put to bed a month after I received the 1st email and I tried accessing it. Can I add this fact to my mail with evidence? I don't want it to appear somehow but I am at this same time looking for a way to appeal to them.

MayorOfEdmonton:
In addition to what @Ashirioluwa suggested, you can also attach a screenshot of the earlier mail you sent about loosing access to your account and their response to show it wasn't total negligence on your part and hope for the best.
Recently on this group someone missed the passport submission deadline too, sent a compassionate mail and they sent a new PPR.
All the best!!

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2023
iyaaliyah:
Thank you. Going through my mail now and I realised it was around the time I put to bed. I put to bed a month after I received the 1st email and I tried accessing it. Can I add this fact to my mail with evidence? I don't want it to appear somehow but I am at this same time looking for a way to appeal to them.

You can
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PedigreeCity: 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2023
iyaaliyah:

May God have His way , and favor your request!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2023
oluayebenz:

Brother

You never land?

Thanks for checking on me bro, the matter no easy for me oh, as I no get person for there and the way people sounds concerning the job hunt is hectic for me, I have conclude my mind that I will make the move
Am going to Ethiopia office to book my ticket tomorrow morning, after that then I will book hotel then wait for departure date, my passport will expire on April 17, 2024. The department date I choose is 14th of this month, I think I still have 6months left before departure
So I will come and try my luck
Have been going through bookings.com to know if i can see little cheaper hotel, the list I saw was 172k for 6nights (Toronto)
I think that will commence after I have booked my ticket tomorrow, I will still come for ya help abeg, to know the one I can easily cancel once am in thou I saw free cancellation on some of them but it says free cancellation before 12th oct 🤷‍♂️
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 5:01pm On Oct 04, 2023
Nickelodeon93:
how far bros… you never update since.. how is that side

Thanks for checking up on me, sincerely speaking am still in Naija oh
On God
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2023
It been long I visited here, many pages already
Gonna read all to know if I can see help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PedigreeCity: 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2023
Munachimso30:
It been long I visited here, many pages already
Gonna read all to know if I can see help

God of host will always ready and be there for you. Have your faith in him... "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, He shall sustain thee"...

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by otedola1(m): 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2023
YouthWatch:

PLEASE book an hotel reservation and flight itinerary reservation. You don't have to make payments. But I believe it's a big component of every visitor visa application.

Pls house I need someone can help me with free hotel reservation, I will appreciate if anyone can help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2023
PedigreeCity:

God of host will always ready and be there for you. Have your faith in him... "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, He shall sustain thee"...

Thank you brother, respect ✊🏿 and amen to ya prayers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CocoMimi(f): 10:19am On Oct 05, 2023
Good day house,pls what is the procedure for a super visa.Can a super visa be used for a step mum.The person is a Canadian citizen wants to apply for his step mum.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2023
CocoMimi:
Good day house,pls what is the procedure for a super visa.Can a super visa be used for a step mum.The person is a Canadian citizen wants to apply for his step mum.

A super visa can be used for a step mother if she meets the definition of a parent for immigration purposes. According to ircc, a Parent is defined as "a person who is the natural parent or adoptive parent (legally adopted before the age of 18) of a person". Therefore, if your step mother legally adopted you before you turned 18, she can apply for a super visa as your parent. However, if she did not adopt you legally, she cannot apply for a super visa as your parent.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2023
Please guys ticket booked, how do I go concerning hotel reservations
I need help please exactly the one can pay on arrival or free cancellation once am in
Remember the departure date is 14th oct and departure is 21th of oct
Just one week, then am planning on holding at least $1k at hand then other cash on my Visa card
Advice needed please

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MayorOfEdmonton: 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2023
What of step mum by virtue of legal marriage to Biological father?🤔

House34:

A super visa can be used for a step mother if she meets the definition of a parent for immigration purposes. According to ircc, a Parent is defined as "a person who is the natural parent or adoptive parent (legally adopted before the age of 18) of a person". Therefore, if your step mother legally adopted you before you turned 18, she can apply for a super visa as your parent. However, if she did not adopt you legally, she cannot apply for a super visa as your parent.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ofime123(m): 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2023
Today makes it a week now I did biometric and still no update on my portal. I though biometric is supposed to update almost like immediately. I hope they will not ask me to go for another biometric
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2023
ofime123:
Today makes it a week now I did biometric and still no update on my portal. I though biometric is supposed to update almost like immediately. I hope they will not ask me to go for another biometric

It will surely reflect,lots of backlog b4 they upload it

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ShalomJP: 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2023
Please, can someone help urgently? I am completing the Visit Visa form but getting to the countries or territories of residence, after inputting my entry, I receive error after clicking "Save and continue" it would not allow me to proceed further?

What am I doing wrong, please? i need to quickly complete this form. Find attached picture.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2023
ShalomJP:
Please, can someone help urgently? I am completing the Visit Visa form but getting to the countries or territories of residence, after inputting my entry, I receive error after clicking "Save and continue" it would not allow me to proceed further?

What am I doing wrong, please? i need to quickly complete this form. Find attached picture.

With what am.seeing here the 2018 is wrong or are u applying for a child? Is suppose b your date of birth till today 05_10_2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enitan1998: 8:52am On Oct 06, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enitan1998: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2023
Good morning everyone
After biometrics how long does it take visa to be approved

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ShalomJP: 9:35am On Oct 06, 2023
lakeside30:

With what am.seeing here the 2018 is wrong or are u applying for a child? Is suppose b your date of birth till today 05_10_2023

Thank you for your response. I have tried what you suggested earlier, yet the error persists. I have tried many options but still stuck. Please someone help!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Vickbife111: 10:12am On Oct 06, 2023
Hello everyone,
I’ve been following this thread as a guest, and I have some questions.
I’m applying for a vv by this month end, and I’d like to know if I can enroll in a school during the visit.
Would I need to complete a course before applying to the school?
Would I need to come back to Nigeria to get my study permit?
Is there any training program I can apply for and be certified to work in Canada as a visitor?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Purpleivy(f): 11:20am On Oct 06, 2023
Good morning house..
My passport is with France Embassy at the moment and my Canada biometrics is 10th of October. Anyone knows how I can retrieve my passport or what to do in this situation please 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enjoymentman: 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
Ok my people I got some good news 😁 it will be unfair if I don’t share because people’s good news here gave me hope too.

This is the Timeline:

I submitted my Visitor’s visa on the 7th of September 2023, I got my biometric letter for same day so I booked an appointment to go for biometric on the 15th of September, I got there and I realized that I didn’t bring my passport so I rescheduled for 26th of September and finally I successfully did my biometric which didn’t take more than 20 mins in there .

I came to this page today to see updates then I saw someone complaining about not getting their profile updated after they did their biometric one week ago, I wanted to write mine too because I never saw any update since I did mine.

I checked my mail and I saw 2 messages sitting in pretty and from other people’s testimonies here , I knew it would be biometric confirmation and passport request 😁 🕺🕺

I have a valid American visa , I only applied for this Canada visa because I heard they are issuing visitor visa anyhow and I currently have a passport expiring in 2031 so why not , from my small experience in life, nothing last forever so I tried my luck ..

I thank God sha , Canada no be easy country sha and I know some good friends there , I have lived in uk before as teenager so moving to abroad dey fear me no be small , Nigeria is not getting better anytime soon , I wish Nigeria can be better so people like me can only be visiting abroad like I have been doing for the past years

God bless you all

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimword: 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2023
PPR for my parents and siblings

Timeline:
Submitted Aug 28
Biometrics Sept 20
PPR Oct 6

9 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbengz101: 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
ShalomJP:

Remove the from date don't put any date. You should be fine. All the best.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
slimword:
PPR for my parents and siblings

Timeline:
Submitted Aug 28
Biometrics Sept 20
PPR Oct 6
congrats!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 1:23pm On Oct 06, 2023
Purpleivy:
Good morning house, as a first timer I have made a lot of errors doing this process myself 😭. The latest one is that my passport is with France Embassy at the moment and my Canada biometrics is 10th of October. Anyone knows how I can retrieve my passport or what to do in this situation please 🙏

But shengen is about 2-3 weeks your passport should be out,since when is your passpirt submitted to them?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Burningflamz: 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2023
Hello, have you heard from IRCC as per your medicals now?
whats the latest on your visa application?
[quote author=Helen2001 post=125918988][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tunjilana: 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2023
overlord77:

Yea, i also saw that. They asked "Do you hold a valid US visa?" and if you choose Yes, you are asked for the VISA number. I have submitted my application since May 31st and still waiting for feedback. It is still on background check status

Hello Chairman.

I know you mentioned getting your PPR, congrats once again.

Please did you end up sending any mail reminder before getting it and if you did, can you share sample and frequency. I also have an active B1/B2 but no response since. My biometrics was updated on 2nd August and submission was July 20th.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2023
tunjilana:

Hello Chairman.

I know you mentioned getting your PPR, congrats once again.

Please did you end up sending any mail reminder before getting it and if you did, can you share sample and frequency. I also have an active B1/B2 but no response since. My biometrics was updated on 2nd August and submission was July 20th.

Thanks

Remember,Until IRCC is through with your Background checks and Eligibility no matter how long u ave submitted they will not send u anything, beleive me they are working on all applications and they have numerous to deal with,my wife application is a year 4 month this month,despite Eligibility completed since ,it was last month they requested some explanation from her for not declering US refusal,since then noting noting,so allow them to do their work

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.