Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,025 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321964 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2023
Please my question is, can someone submit passport on behalf of another person or the proxy must be DHL?
Someone should also point me to requirements to submit for a minor during passport submission.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2023
AMEN

Congratulations
YouthWatch:

Update!!!!!!
Our Visas were approved!!!
Received BVL and PPR for me and spouse as well as PPR for child (he's a minor, he didn't do Biometrics).

My spouse and I used new passports with 10yrs validity but the child has 3years validity!

Received all the emails at the same time! 8.20am 3rd October 2023!!!

I've already scheduled submission appointments online for 5th October 2023!!

Gckey portal has been updated accordingly as captured below, with eligibility showing"reviewing", however, tracker remains as is with eligibility not started.

The wait was really daunting but I thank God it ended in praise!!

I pray the same for all who are waiting! The good news will come soonest in Jesus name, amen

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PedigreeCity: 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2023
Good evening to all the gurus in the house...

I have 2 questions:

1.) Pls is it a must to book for a Paid-Conference before visa can be given?
2.)Has anyone got his/her visa with Free/Unpaid Conference?

Pls, i need an urgent answer to this questions...

Many thanks in anticipation!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Glock22: 5:42pm On Oct 03, 2023
Please does VFS still allow in person collection?

Their email seems like they only support return courier at the moment.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Glock22: 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2023
iykewright:

. Yes my dear you will, the police report and the medical, then your Transcript as well

Student visa does not require police report
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PedigreeCity: 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2023
Good evening to all the gurus in the house...

I have 2 questions:

1.) Pls is it a must to book for a Paid-Conference before visa can be given?
2.)Has anyone got his/her visa with Free/Unpaid Conference?

Pls, i need an urgent answer to this questions...

Many thanks in anticipation!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2023
emmanuelle27:
Gurus, pls help me Everluate my approval chances for visit visa

Zero travel history
Zero properties
30yrs no wife or kids
Bsc. Biochemistry
Gainfully employed
Naira account with monthly 11m turnover
6m in naira account
5k USD in dom account.

I also have a side business where I buy goods and waybill to people in the east hence the huge turnover, but it's not a registered business so I'm not sure I can declare it.

I intend to visit for 1 week and return, is there a chance of approval or do I focus on other things

Your profile summary looks good. It is even better if you have been on the job for a while and able to show progression (e.g promotion) . You just need to put together a strong application being a first time applicant and presenting a virgin passport. Use your job to your advantage to show your home ties.

* Reference Letter from your HR addressed to Canadian embassy ( they should have a standard template)
* Proof of Leave approval
* Bank statement to show inflow/outflow of monthly salary payment or better still (mybankstatement).
* Let your purpose of visit make sense. Research well about the province you intend to visit and the tourist areas.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by talk2dekky(f): 11:24pm On Oct 03, 2023
I didn't have an invitation letter I attached the letter stating my plans to the optional column. There was an optional column for additional documents.

babs4all:

In which of the column did you attach your invitation letter and a letter stating what you and what you want to do in Canada? I also have a valid US visa. There are only 4 columns for document attachments. No columns for bank statement or other proof of fund, travel history etc. I am using the new application website

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aderemi166: 11:25pm On Oct 03, 2023
Congratulations 🎉

YouthWatch:

Update!!!!!!
Our Visas were approved!!!
Received BVL and PPR for me and spouse as well as PPR for child (he's a minor, he didn't do Biometrics).

My spouse and I used new passports with 10yrs validity but the child has 3years validity!

Received all the emails at the same time! 8.20am 3rd October 2023!!!

I've already scheduled submission appointments online for 5th October 2023!!

Gckey portal has been updated accordingly as captured below, with eligibility showing"reviewing", however, tracker remains as is with eligibility not started.

The wait was really daunting but I thank God it ended in praise!!

I pray the same for all who are waiting! The good news will come soonest in Jesus name, amen

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbengz101: 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2023
DrLivzy:
Am hepatitis B positive. What is de possibility of relocating to Canada with this status?
Please I need response on this so as not to start putting energy in a wrong place. Thanks!
You don't need medicals for visit visa if staying less than 6months.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by showbiz4all27(m): 12:29am On Oct 04, 2023
I'm about to apply as a tourist and all my documents are genuine, kindly help check if there's anything to add or remove.

Letter of Explanation.
Appointment letter (current).
Confirmation of Appointment letter.
Residential Property Valuation Report.
Deed of Assignment/Survey of Residential landed property & Survey of another land
Certificate of Business Registration (Personal)
Approved leave application form.
3 months payslips.
Tax clearance Certificate.
USA Visa refusal (214b) form/Seminar invites my former employer intended to sent me 5yrs ago.
Marriage certificate/2 boys birth certificate and mine.
Wedding pictures & Children naming ceremony pictures.
Immediate family photos/our pet dog.
Current employer my photos.
Last employer my photos.
Previous employer my photos.
Bank statement of #23m turnover with #9m current balance which carries all salaries and business transactions.
Virgin passport

I didn't booked hotel or itinerary.
Thanks as you help review before submission.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 5:59am On Oct 04, 2023
Good morning.

Pls, I received this.
This is confusing. Who can help clarify pls.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by YouthWatch: 7:17am On Oct 04, 2023
showbiz4all27:
I'm about to apply as a tourist and all my documents are genuine, kindly help check if there's anything to add or remove.

Letter of Explanation.
Appointment letter (current).
Confirmation of Appointment letter.
Residential Property Valuation Report.
Deed of Assignment/Survey of Residential landed property & Survey of another land
Certificate of Business Registration (Personal)
Approved leave application form.
3 months payslips.
Tax clearance Certificate.
USA Visa refusal (214b) form/Seminar invites my former employer intended to sent me 5yrs ago.
Marriage certificate/2 boys birth certificate and mine.
Wedding pictures & Children naming ceremony pictures.
Immediate family photos/our pet dog.
Current employer my photos.
Last employer my photos.
Previous employer my photos.
Bank statement of #23m turnover with #9m current balance which carries all salaries and business transactions.
Virgin passport

I didn't booked hotel or itinerary.
Thanks as you help review before submission.

PLEASE book an hotel reservation and flight itinerary reservation. You don't have to make payments. But I believe it's a big component of every visitor visa application.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by YouthWatch: 7:23am On Oct 04, 2023
[quote author=iyaaliyah post=126184703]Good morning.

Pls, I received this.
This is confusing. Who can help clarify pls. [/quot
e]
Oh wow. It seems they sent you passport request for you to submit your passport, but you didn't and the time period has elapsed without them getting your passport to put the visa! It's either that or you didn't attach your passport data page to your application which is more unlikely.
Check your portal to see if they sent you PPR!
If yes quickly send an apology/ emotional request for a new passport request letter to enable you submit your passport.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 9:55am On Oct 04, 2023
iyaaliyah:
Good morning.

Pls, I received this.

According to the letter, they asked you to submit your passport, but you failed to do so.

I believe after your application was approved, they sent you a passport request letter, but you failed to submit your passport within a reasonable time, hence your visa application was denied.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 10:39am On Oct 04, 2023
Ahh God!! Can they still review it. Who's has an idea of what i can do pls.

I tried for a long time to log into my portal but I kept receiving messages. I even sent them a mail and they asked that I transfer my application.

Has this happened to anyone before? Can they still review it?

Ashirioluwa:

According to the letter, they asked you to submit your passport, but you failed to do so.

I believe after your application was approved, they sent you a passport request letter, but you failed to submit your passport within a reasonable time, hence your visa application was denied.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 11:31am On Oct 04, 2023
Ohk. Thank you.
I will send a mail. I hope they review it.
I actually lost access to my portal and I sent a message to them o and they asked me to open another portal and link my application.

I will send them a message. Hopefully they review it. Thanks.

[quote author=YouthWatch post=126185741][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by umeme: 11:41am On Oct 04, 2023
Please house, do i need a transit visa if am travelling to Canada with klm?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 12:06pm On Oct 04, 2023
iyaaliyah:
Ahh God!! Can they still review it. Who's has an idea of what i can do pls.

I tried for a long time to log into my portal but I kept receiving messages. I even sent them a mail and they asked that I transfer my application.

Has this happened to anyone before? Can they still review it?

You have two options.
First option: send them an email and webform to apologize, and then wait to see if they will overturn their decision.

The IRCC office in Nairobi is in charge of temporary resident permits for Nigerian applicants; therefore, send your inquiry to them and then copy their Lagos office.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

You can as well send them email through any of these addresses:
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi.consular@international.gc.ca
nrobi@international.gc.ca

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Lagos

Email address:
lagosimmigration@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca

Don't forget to include your UCI number, passport number, application number, phone number, email address, and full name in your letter.

Second option: Do the first option and also submit a fresh application. In the new application, make sure you mention your previous application.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rescuemania(m): 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2023
Greetings, please I want to confirm how genuine is it to convert visit visa to working visa.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Neyotemi: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2023
meljoe:
AMEN

Congratulations ,what was the frame time for all,pls can you pls list all the documents you submitted..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by petrusevents(m): 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2023
please on which site can someone apply for job directly from Nigeria.

This agents are charging exorbitant fee for work visa in Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 1:47pm On Oct 04, 2023
iyaaliyah:
Good morning.

Pls, I received this.

Jesus christ,ur application was approved ,only for you to send passport and you did not,things people are looking for

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2023
Rescuemania:
Greetings, please I want to confirm how genuine is it to convert visit visa to working visa.
Thanks

Is hard but also simple,do you have a job offer in Canada already?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MayorOfEdmonton: 2:06pm On Oct 04, 2023
In addition to what @Ashirioluwa suggested, you can also attach a screenshot of the earlier mail you sent about loosing access to your account and their response to show it wasn't total negligence on your part and hope for the best.
Recently on this group someone missed the passport submission deadline too, sent a compassionate mail and they sent a new PPR.
All the best!!

iyaaliyah:
Ohk. Thank you.
I will send a mail. I hope they review it.
I actually lost access to my portal and I sent a message to them o and they asked me to open another portal and link my application.

I will send them a message. Hopefully they review it. Thanks.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MayorOfEdmonton: 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2023
indeed.ca
Glassdoor.ca
LinkedIn

Disclaimer:
There are folks with PGWP and PR that haven't gotten jobs in their desired career, so competition for most jobs is fierce now even for people in Canada with legal work permits.

Beware of fraudulent agents, you need a VALID job offer with LMIA to process a closed work permit. Except the Agent has a registered company in Canada with positive LMIA assessment I strongly doubt the legitimacy of the said "Work Visa".

petrusevents:
please on which site can someone apply for job directly from Nigeria.

This agents are charging exorbitant fee for work visa in Canada

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2023
Rescuemania:
Thanks

It possible but It very hard,extremely hard to get lmia now and becareful of lmia scam pls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Confirm4real(m), emmaodet and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.