Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (940) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2322331 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Purpleivy(f): 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2023
😕
lakeside30:

But shengen is about 2-3 weeks your passport should be out,since when is your passpirt submitted to them?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2023
lakeside30:

Remember,Until IRCC is through with your Background checks and Eligibility no matter how long u ave submitted they will not send u anything, beleive me they are working on all applications and they have numerous to deal with,my wife application is a year 4 month this month,despite Eligibility completed since ,it was last month they requested some explanation from her for not declering US refusal,since then noting noting,so allow them to do their work

I thought screening of application will be after biometric, reasons I was worried since August 28th. Yesterday my agent said he received a mail that I should state all unit served as a military personnel. I guessed my status makes it cumbersome and also been a first timer traveller. I will not loose hope ,it shall be well.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emmanuelle27: 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your comment, I'll work in it
olasubomy:

Your profile summary looks good. It is even better if you have been on the job for a while and able to show progression (e.g promotion) . You just need to put together a strong application being a first time applicant and presenting a virgin passport. Use your job to your advantage to show your home ties.

* Reference Letter from your HR addressed to Canadian embassy ( they should have a standard template)
* Proof of Leave approval
* Bank statement to show inflow/outflow of monthly salary payment or better still (mybankstatement).
* Let your purpose of visit make sense. Research well about the province you intend to visit and the tourist areas.

All the best!

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2023
Hello,
Please, if you renew your passport before your visa is ready. How does one go about it?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 7:16pm On Oct 06, 2023
Congratulations
slimword:
PPR for my parents and siblings

Timeline:
Submitted Aug 28
Biometrics Sept 20
PPR Oct 6
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2023
Congratulations

Enjoymentman:
Ok my people I got some good news 😁 it will be unfair if I don’t share because people’s good news here gave me hope too.

This is the Timeline:

I submitted my Visitor’s visa on the 7th of September 2023, I got my biometric letter for same day so I booked an appointment to go for biometric on the 15th of September, I got there and I realized that I didn’t bring my passport so I rescheduled for 26th of September and finally I successfully did my biometric which didn’t take more than 20 mins in there .

I came to this page today to see updates then I saw someone complaining about not getting their profile updated after they did their biometric one week ago, I wanted to write mine too because I never saw any update since I did mine.

I checked my mail and I saw 2 messages sitting in pretty and from other people’s testimonies here , I knew it would be biometric confirmation and passport request 😁 🕺🕺

I have a valid American visa , I only applied for this Canada visa because I heard they are issuing visitor visa anyhow and I currently have a passport expiring in 2031 so why not , from my small experience in life, nothing last forever so I tried my luck ..

I thank God sha , Canada no be easy country sha and I know some good friends there , I have lived in uk before as teenager so moving to abroad dey fear me no be small , Nigeria is not getting better anytime soon , I wish Nigeria can be better so people like me can only be visiting abroad like I have been doing for the past years

God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mysoopafly: 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
am trying to make payment with visa dollar card. its declining. i use Gt bank naira card same thing. please any advice on this thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mysoopafly: 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2023
please house what can i do about this. i need your urgent reply

mysoopafly:
am trying to make payment with visa dollar card. its declining. i use Gt bank naira card same thing. please any advice on this thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ofime123(m): 10:01pm On Oct 06, 2023
Go to TLS they will give you a form to fill to withdraw your passport temporary. When you are done with it then return it to them
Purpleivy:
Good morning house, as a first timer I have made a lot of errors doing this process myself 😭. The latest one is that my passport is with France Embassy at the moment and my Canada biometrics is 10th of October. Anyone knows how I can retrieve my passport or what to do in this situation please 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cookieeee: 10:15pm On Oct 06, 2023
Ebylicious:

Ok thank you. Should I visit vfs in person or do u have a contact number I can call?

Please, I’m in the same boat. Has your biometrics been updated and did you go to vfs?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Purpleivy(f): 10:21pm On Oct 06, 2023
Thank you so much for your help 🙏
ofime123:
Go to TLS they will give you a form to fill to withdraw your passport temporary. When you are done with it then return it to them
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enjoymentman: 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2023
mysoopafly:

Are you in Lagos ? I can help you make payment with my credit card and you pay the US dollar equivalent in naira to me
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 2:07am On Oct 07, 2023
tunjilana:

Hello Chairman.

I know you mentioned getting your PPR, congrats once again.

Please did you end up sending any mail reminder before getting it and if you did, can you share sample and frequency. I also have an active B1/B2 but no response since. My biometrics was updated on 2nd August and submission was July 20th.

Thanks

Apologies for this late response.
I didn't send a mail but I did however fill a webform on the same subject.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mysoopafly: 3:12am On Oct 07, 2023
YES BUT AM IN LAGOS. I HAVE VISA DOLLAR CARD AND I TRIED PAYING WITH IT AND AM RECIEVING SAME MESSAGE DECLINED.

Enjoymentman:

Are you in Lagos ? I can help you make payment with my credit card and you pay the US dollar equivalent in naira to me
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enjoymentman: 6:34am On Oct 07, 2023
mysoopafly:
YES BUT AM IN LAGOS. I HAVE VISA DOLLAR CARD AND I TRIED PAYING WITH IT AND AM RECIEVING SAME MESSAGE DECLINED.

keep trying , it might be network of your bank then
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 9:35am On Oct 07, 2023
Good day Nairaland. My brother and his family got a visitor Visa recently the person that invited them is in Ontario and they are going to Manitoba.Can anyone suggest how to go about it so that there won't be problem at the point of entry
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Genevach(m): 10:40am On Oct 07, 2023
Need advice from the gurus here

Older applicants (50-70years) husband and wife.
Their child want to sponsor them to visit Canada. But this child is in the USA.
Their profile
No visa history
No invitation Letter
Some properties
Can the pikin use USA dollar account to sponsor them from Nigeria?? Is it advisable?

The wait time for USA visit visa is crazy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 1:10pm On Oct 07, 2023
Genevach:
Need advice from the gurus here

Older applicants (50-70years) husband and wife.
Their child want to sponsor them to visit Canada. But this child is in the USA.
Their profile
No visa history
No invitation Letter
Some properties
Can the pikin use USA dollar account to sponsor them from Nigeria?? Is it advisable?

The wait time for USA visit visa is crazy

Yes someone living in the US can sponsor the parent even with US Bank account ,during the application process let them put US refusal history if there is any,they can make use of hotel bookings if they have nobody in Canada

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vozkini(m): 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2023
I just submitted my application to Canada this morning. Coincidentally the gcms note I paid for also arrived some minutes later. Their sole refusal reason on the gcms note is not declaring the USA visa refusals. Please all be advised. When applying make sure you indicate that usa or any other country has denied you visa in the past. I wrote in letter of explanation that the omission was out of error and not deliberate and own up to my mistake and as well urge them to reconsider my current application in good faith. I am hopeful it will be a success this time.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PedigreeCity: 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2023
vozkini:
I just submitted my application to Canada this morning. Coincidentally the gcms note I paid for also arrived some minutes later. Their sole refusal reason on the gcms note is not declaring the USA visa refusals. Please all be advised. When applying make sure you indicate that usa or any other country has denied you visa in the past. I wrote in letter of explanation that the omission was out of error and not deliberate and own up to my mistake and as well urge them to reconsider my current application in good faith. I am hopeful it will be a success this time.

Amen!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PedigreeCity: 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2023
Hello house...

Pls, can someone please share some legit website where one can easily register for conference in Canada?

Pls, pls, pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ComrArk: 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2023
Blessed day to everyone.
Pls to all our gurus in d house, I need clarity on this; I did my biometric on d 5 of Sept, since then no response from them. Although an agent did d application and because I wrote my email address n phone number against my passport data page copy I surmitted d day I did d biometric, I ve been expecting to receiving a mail or call in respect to surmission of passport. So my question is would they contact me via my mail or phone as regard surmission of passport or it will just be indicated in the application page. I'm concerned now because only the agent ve access to d application status. Thanks all

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2023
vozkini:
I just submitted my application to Canada this morning. Coincidentally the gcms note I paid for also arrived some minutes later. Their sole refusal reason on the gcms note is not declaring the USA visa refusals. Please all be advised. When applying make sure you indicate that usa or any other country has denied you visa in the past. I wrote in letter of explanation that the omission was out of error and not deliberate and own up to my mistake and as well urge them to reconsider my
current application in good faith. I am hopeful it will be a success this time.

Are you a first time applicant
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
ComrArk:
Blessed day to everyone.
Pls to all our gurus in d house, I need clarity on this; I did my biometric on d 5 of Sept, since then no response from them. Although an agent did d application and because I wrote my email address n phone number against my passport data page copy I surmitted d day I did d biometric, I ve been expecting to receiving a mail or call in respect to surmission of passport. So my question is would they contact me via my mail or phone as regard surmission of passport or it will just be indicated in the application page. I'm concerned now because only the agent ve access to d application status. Thanks all

I don't think we need to worry ourselves about all this if we have trust and confidence on our Agent. Though some of the agents are "Lord"& dubious. Info on ur application is paramount to others.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Awardd: 3:47pm On Oct 07, 2023
MayorOfEdmonton:
indeed.ca
Glassdoor.ca
LinkedIn

Disclaimer:
There are folks with PGWP and PR that haven't gotten jobs in their desired career, so competition for most jobs is fierce now even for people in Canada with legal work permits.

Beware of fraudulent agents, you need a VALID job offer with LMIA to process a closed work permit. Except the Agent has a registered company in Canada with positive LMIA assessment I strongly doubt the legitimacy of the said "Work Visa".

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Awardd: 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2023
[quote author=Awardd post=126257420][/quote] guru in this platform bless weekend to y'all, please what's the probability of a graduate with over 6 years experience with skills such as plumber & Electrician getting a job in LMIA approved company upon arrival with canada Visiting Visa

(2) can someone with VV have access to study let's saying he has gain admission before living nigeria. Experience higher in the house
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mis3man: 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
abousanogo83:

Montreal is cold but not as much as Manitoba. Vancouver is the most expensive city esp North Vancouver. Toronto expenses are as much as Vancouver

Ok thank you in other words if Vancouver is as expensive as Toronto its best to go for Toronto as have research that it has vast opportunity
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mis3man: 5:11pm On Oct 07, 2023
Bro if u don't go in u will never know what's really in there or what God have in that land for you yes thing might be difficult for some but surely not everyone I am equally in the same position with u I have no one in Canada and equally just my ticket money but have told myself that I will give myself till mid next year to hustle some more cash as my PP & visa will exp 2025
This visa cannot waste we have to give it a push and let God see our efforts and do his work safe trip man I hope to keep in touch with u when u go in

Munachimso30:

Thanks for checking on me bro, the matter no easy for me oh, as I no get person for there and the way people sounds concerning the job hunt is hectic for me, I have conclude my mind that I will make the move
Am going to Ethiopia office to book my ticket tomorrow morning, after that then I will book hotel then wait for departure date, my passport will expire on April 17, 2024. The department date I choose is 14th of this month, I think I still have 6months left before departure
So I will come and try my luck
Have been going through bookings.com to know if i can see little cheaper hotel, the list I saw was 172k for 6nights (Toronto)
I think that will commence after I have booked my ticket tomorrow, I will still come for ya help abeg, to know the one I can easily cancel once am in thou I saw free cancellation on some of them but it says free cancellation before 12th oct 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajokelawal: 6:56pm On Oct 07, 2023
Hi everyone, please, for those that have traveled with their VV, will they request for my statement of account at the POE, am also holding a VV.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gabby18: 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2023
Login to ur profile..raise a webform and send a scanned copy of the new passport..

iyaaliyah:
Hello,
Please, if you renew your passport before your visa is ready. How does one go about it?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2023
Mis3man:
Bro if u don't go in u will never know what's really in there or what God have in that land for you yes thing might be difficult for some but surely not everyone I am equally in the same position with u I have no one in Canada and equally just my ticket money but have told myself that I will give myself till mid next year to hustle some more cash as my PP & visa will exp 2025
This visa cannot waste we have to give it a push and let God see our efforts and do his work safe trip man I hope to keep in touch with u when u go in

Thanks man, ticket booked already, gathering most info I need
By Gods mercy and favor, everything will be fine

Need help on how to go about my hotel booking

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Oladim001(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.