Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (945) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2309735 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (942) (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mojisolani: 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2023
sparrow76:
Greetings to All Solomons in the group, males and females. Kudos to you! Pls I want to ask if someone can present Commercial Bank Statement of Account for Visa purposes instead of all these regular bank?

Please don't use microfinance bank oo,someone was recently refused and when he got his gcms, reason stated was money not moveable from microfinance banks (cant be use for visa application because the bank is not commercial which is regular bank.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 5:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
Fashanu123:
Hello,what are the procedure for tourists visa renewal

Normal procedure u used to get the visa initially
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eorom: 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2023
Hello House,

Anyone here who applied for a visitor visa for their spouse with an open PR application and got it within 30 days?

The processing time of 30 days seems to vary for Nigerians. I have seen others say it can take up to 45 days.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sparrow76(m): 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2023
Thank you Josephb.. I really appreciate your time...
josephb:
Hello,

To my own understanding I think he was asking about Microfinance Banks/Microcredit Banks.

If that is the case; some people had used it and got approved whilst others were not.

You can decide to give it a try (A verifiable one) but you can support this with a Commercial Bank Account Statements (Otherwise known as the Regular Banks).

Good-luck.

Regards,

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sparrow76(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2023
shocked shocked shocked thanks soo much @mojisolani. Noted
mojisolani:

Please don't use microfinance bank oo,someone was recently refused and when he got his gcms, reason stated was money not moveable from microfinance banks (cant be use for visa application because the bank is not commercial which is regular bank.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oly23(f): 6:52pm On Oct 12, 2023
biztycoons:

Congratulations my dear, are u in or you are waiting for your flight date?

Welcome to Canada fall season, cheers
Thank you thank you, it was for my dad actually 😃, he will come next year, man said he is not ready for the cold 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gabby18: 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2023
2 copies of ur intl passport..(black and white or coloured..doesnt matter)
Ensure u print out the 3 pages of the BIL
Appointment letter
Ur intl passport

That's all..try getting there 15mins before ur appointment time..
And don't listeen to all those guys downstairs..
They ll try to sell consent form to u and some others things u don't need..
A consent form will be given to u free of charge when u get inside the hall..

adelforreal:
Hello House,

Apart from my intl passport and letter of appointment, what other document is required for biometrics at VFS.

My appointment is next week Thursday and I need to put my documents together.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adelforreal: 9:29pm On Oct 12, 2023
Thank you so much
Kennyg290:

Biometric letter
Appointment letter
Intl pprt.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 10:10pm On Oct 12, 2023
@all, please I need your advice, I recently got Canada tourist visa which I have gone and back to Nigeria. I want to apply for my family members, my question is in terms of funds available to spend during the proposed vacation.How do I fill the amount for the family, do I break it down to individual expenditure I.e separate amount or the total amount for the family should be penned down for all I.e same amount across board.
Thanks for anticipated response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 10:10pm On Oct 12, 2023
gabby18:
Appointment letter
Ur intl passport

black is not allowed, only coloured 2 copy of ur passport data page,if you don't take it along,naa #500 each you go do am Thier...

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adelforreal: 10:23pm On Oct 12, 2023
Thank you so much for this information.

I'm grateful.
gabby18:
Appointment letter
Ur intl passport

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 10:48pm On Oct 12, 2023
Abeg are they still extorting travelers at MMIA, I mean those immigration extorting cash from travelers, if yes, what amount as of now
I no wan their wahala abeg
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:28pm On Oct 12, 2023
dealhunter:
black is not allowed, only coloured 2 copy of ur passport data page,if you don't take it along,naa #500 each you go do am Thier...

Black and white copy is actually allowed.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:30pm On Oct 12, 2023
Munachimso30:
Abeg are they still extorting travelers at MMIA, I mean those immigration extorting cash from travelers, if yes, what amount as of now
I no wan their wahala abeg

Lol 😂

They will definitely want to,,,,
Just Insist of not having spare cash
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrsibhans: 5:01am On Oct 13, 2023
Hello everyone. Please I need help. I want to apply for visit visa for my sister but she doesn’t have funds in her account to show as POF. Can I use my statement of account in Canada to apply for her? Also my spouse is a business man what and he doesn’t pay himself salary(you know naija business men ). What do I use to show his POF as well? Can I use mine from Canada?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 5:31am On Oct 13, 2023
oluayebenz:

ok ooo.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 6:40am On Oct 13, 2023
oluayebenz:

It's better to av both at our disposal,it doesn't cost us anything. Thx for dt
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 7:22am On Oct 13, 2023
Mrsibhans:
Hello everyone. Please I need help. I want to apply for visit visa for my sister but she doesn’t have funds in her account to show as POF. Can I use my statement of account in Canada to apply for her? Also my spouse is a business man what and he doesn’t pay himself salary(you know naija business men ). What do I use to show his POF as well? Can I use mine from Canada?

If the application is for a minor or elderly person then yes but if otherwise NO.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 7:23am On Oct 13, 2023
Kennyg290:

It's better to av both at our disposal,i[b]t doesn't cost us anything. [/b]Thx for dt

Truth that
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by felixzo1(m): 8:37am On Oct 13, 2023
cadno:

Bros thanks for the update, buy here is another point you miss. I am currently on Visitor's Visa in Canada, I inquired to apply to Truck driving schools , they both told me that I must have my "G" License first before I can apply to Truck driving school, even with their $13k CAD school fees ooo.

I told them I have over 10years experience in Driving, and just want to enter the Truck driving industry. They no reply me.

Now to get a "G" License, you need to get a G2 first ,( exempt or do exam to get G1 , that one na for entry level. ) then drive in Canada for 1year to get your "G" , before you enter Trucks.
Also na Indians full this truck driving work ooo ...on the road I de watch every truck that passes me to see who be the driver.. Honestly, na 99% Indians de drive them .

So saying just come to Canada on Visitors Visa and enter truck driving na Lie.!!!!! I am here now August 13, 2023.

I have gained valuable information on this forum so I am helping someone with current information at my disposal..thanks
you got it right and wrong. its true you need a G license to get into driving school.but if you have a driver license from your. home country, you can use to apply for the G license take the required written and road test , then you have your G license. please watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTn_rW8K6c?si=xggwXVrpwcy5ZDfK

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meathewstiell5: 11:20am On Oct 13, 2023
felixzo1:
you got it right and wrong. its true you need a G license to get into driving school.but if you have a driver license from your. home country, you can use to apply for the G license take the required written and road test , then you have your G license. please watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTn_rW8K6c?si=xggwXVrpwcy5ZDfK

is it neccesary to get training by govt registered driving institute and show certificate of training to get driving license or you have to just clear the required driving rules ontario and driving test.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jossy43: 11:21am On Oct 13, 2023
Good morning house, please i am new here , i need help with securing a cisiting visa to go meet my wife and kid who have PR , in canada, pls anyone with a concrete advise on how to go a out it . Thank you and God bless you..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maxman0075: 11:57am On Oct 13, 2023
Rose223:
Pls how do they check available dates online
Please fore those that did biometric last week, have you received any feedback message from the embassy?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lanrebobokay: 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2023
oluayebenz:

If the application is for a minor or elderly person then yes but if otherwise NO.

i noticed in the VV checklist for minor i was not asked for POF or statement of Account, is it because it indicated the minor has a valid US visa. is there need to attach any?

what documents can i attach as additional document for the minor?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 12:54pm On Oct 13, 2023
Lanrebobokay:

i noticed in the VV checklist for minor i was not asked for POF or statement of Account, is it because it indicated the minor has a valid US visa. is there need to attach any?

what documents can i attach as additional document for the minor?

That simply means the minor qualified for CAN+ because of the valid US visa.

Yes POF or SOA won't be part of the requirements.

Just submit what is required on the portal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 12:58pm On Oct 13, 2023
Greetings guys, please am done with the hotel booking, they actually sent me something on my gmail, what exactly should I print out, I thought they will send something like PDF but found nothing, it’s just the confirmation message that the hotel have been booked
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jossy43: 2:09pm On Oct 13, 2023
biztycoons:

Good afternoon, pls i want to apply for a visiting cisa, my wife and kid are in ontario with a PR. Pls i need help on how to go about it . Ill be glad if i get a response from you. Stay blessed

Not that I know it all, I have that first and info concerning Toronto POE, and that's why I'm helping people here with it, Toronto POE border officers are very strict and they can refuse people entry into Canada, they do it many times, so I'm just trying to help in a little way I can to save my fellow African brothers and sisters from such bad experience , you know once they turn you back flight ticket to and fro don burn be that, maybe over 2m naira... Many people even do borrow the money to go self, some sell their cars or house, so where such person wan go raise that kind money again if Toronto POE send am back?

Pls always pass Montreal POE if it's your first time, even if you are going for visit in Ontario which is in Toronto, yes Montreal border officers will ask you why u come thru Montreal when ur destination is Ontario... Don't tell them because you heard they are nice ooo and Toronto POE is harsh o, them go send u back be that, just tell them it's your ticketing agent that booked the flight for you that he said as at the time this flight was the cheapest he got, so you didnt mind, with such excuse they will pass you in.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fyorgyn: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2023
Mrsibhans:
If she’s your biological sister, you can. It depends though on how much you have, what kind of work you do and most importantly, what ties your sister has in Nigeria

My sister and my father got visit visas and I only used my own account- did not include theirs or even my spouse’s. I mentioned on both occasions that I would fully pay for their trip to canada so they didn’t have to show Anything finance related.

My sister has visited twice for holidays and returned back, my father is yet to come but he will also be going back to Nigeria after his visit.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Honeysweetest(f): 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2023
Kennyg290:
student route with #5M ,it sounds good. I guessed it's not up to CAD$10K as at 2day. If only wishes are 🐴
Well, it's good for a start, he needs to work towards adding more, it's still better than encouraging him to go through visiting Route.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biztycoons(f): 7:11pm On Oct 13, 2023
cadno:

Bros thanks for the update, buy here is another point you miss. I am currently on Visitor's Visa in Canada, I inquired to apply to Truck driving schools , they both told me that I must have my "G" License first before I can apply to Truck driving school, even with their $13k CAD school fees ooo.

I told them I have over 10years experience in Driving, and just want to enter the Truck driving industry. They no reply me.

Now to get a "G" License, you need to get a G2 first ,( exempt or do exam to get G1 , that one na for entry level. ) then drive in Canada for 1year to get your "G" , before you enter Trucks.
Also na Indians full this truck driving work ooo ...on the road I de watch every truck that passes me to see who be the driver.. Honestly, na 99% Indians de drive them .

So saying just come to Canada on Visitors Visa and enter truck driving na Lie.!!!!! I am here now August 13, 2023.

I have gained valuable information on this forum so I am helping someone with current information at my disposal..thanks

Let me ask, did u go from Nigeria with your local driver license? Or you dont have a Nigerian driver license?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2023
Munachimso30:
Greetings guys, please am done with the hotel booking, they actually sent me something on my gmail, what exactly should I print out, I thought they will send something like PDF but found nothing, it’s just the confirmation message that the hotel have been booked
print it out, that's ur hotel reservation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (942) (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: olaoluwa83, KolaShangOne(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.