Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,276 members, 7,826,076 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (946) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2339361 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) ... (1109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NairaLuck: 11:14pm On Oct 13, 2023
Good morning Everyone, please I need assistance on documents in addition to Passport request for VFS. Family got passport request, do I need to pay return per courier per family member, also what additional documents should I add before sending to VFS because they don’t live in Lagos.

Please any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks all

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 12:11am On Oct 14, 2023
[quote author=NairaLuck post=126389039]Good morning Everyone, please I need assistance on documents in addition to Passport request for VFS. Family got passport request, do I need to pay return per courier per family member, also what additional documents should I add before sending to VFS because they don’t live in Lagos.

Thanks all[/quote

Print the Ppr request each for all of them
Photocopy of the passport page
Consent letter
I think biometric receipt each
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hunee: 12:55am On Oct 14, 2023
NairaLuck:
Good morning Everyone, please I need assistance on documents in addition to Passport request for VFS. Family got passport request, do I need to pay return per courier per family member, also what additional documents should I add before sending to VFS because they don’t live in Lagos.

Thanks all

Please for family visa to canada. How much is it in Usd? Kindly correspond.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 3:50am On Oct 14, 2023
Dear all,
please I need your advice, I recently got Canada tourist visa which I have gone and back to Nigeria. I want to apply for my family members, my question is in terms of funds available to spend during the proposed vacation.How do I fill the amount for the family, do I break it down to individual expenditure I.e separate amount or the total amount for the family should be penned down for all I.e same amount across board.
Thanks for anticipated response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bigolly(m): 5:25am On Oct 14, 2023
Please how long does it takes to process the visa after submission?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 9:17am On Oct 14, 2023
Matter dey for Naija oh, this guys here said the hotel reservation must be paid for not reserve for someone that’s going for tourist
Just Ethiopia workers oh
Naija self
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 9:18am On Oct 14, 2023
Say I go shock them $100 before I pass or I have to go back and pay for the hotel
Can ya imagine
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Topsymyyear(m): 11:17am On Oct 14, 2023
Visa application, tracking ID No.20231010CALA – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office on 2023/10/13 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Buy Services” page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

My question is did VAC changed in person passport collection to courier services because the person submitted in person at the VAC Lagos . Anyone with this experience ? that is the message i saw when i track the passport . I need clarification on this message . Thanks House
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Freda23: 11:26am On Oct 14, 2023
This was the message I received today ..stating I do not meet the eligibility requirements applied for myself and family Canada tourist visa

Submitted June 22
Biometrics. July 7
Correspondence letter for refusal oct 11

After all the waiting 😩 it is well

Am the principal applicant

Please gurus in the house what step do I take from here

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Freda23: 11:30am On Oct 14, 2023
I actually applied but I requested for the login
Please what’s the next step to take would want to apply myself this time
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Freda23: 11:31am On Oct 14, 2023
Made the application with an agent
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chiomapx(m): 11:43am On Oct 14, 2023
olakunle10:
Well, i can't really dispute your point. However, i had a different experience at Pearson Airport. Initially i booked my flight from Lagos to Amsterdam to Calgary(my destination). I avoided Pearson Airport as well. But as fate would have it, the day i was meant to travel, my flight from Amsterdam to Calgary was cancelled and rerouted to Toronto then Calgary. I had no choice but to fly that route. On landing at Pearson Airport, I summoned the courage to face the immigration officer. Our conversation went thus:
IM Officer: Can i have your passport
Me: I handed it to him
IM Officer: Why are you in Canada?
Me: I'm here to visit my family(Spouse & Child have PR)
IM Officer: Where are they?
Me: Calgary
IM Officer: 1st time in Canada?
Me: Yes
IM Officer: When are you leaving?
Me: In a month's time.
IM Officer: Do you have a return ticket?
Me: Yes
IM Officer: Can I see it?
Me: I showed it to him on my phone.
IM Officer: Welcome to Canada
Me: Thank you.
I left and went my way to board my connecting flight to Canada. Our discussion was about 3 mins and that was it. This was about 2weeks+. Just ensure you have necessary documents, cash to cover your stay just incase you are asked. Maybe mine was easy because i have my family here or it was God or both. Be prayerful as well. All the best to all travellers

I think it depends on the Officer in charge ..Wetin my eyes see for Pearson Toronto airport 3weeks ago by that lady at the cubicle...I wouldn't want anyone experience it........hmm
I can share if you want

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mojisolani: 11:43am On Oct 14, 2023
Freda23:
This was the message I received today ..stating I do not meet the eligibility requirements applied for myself and family Canada tourist visa

Submitted June 22
Biometrics. July 7
Correspondence letter for refusal oct 11

After all the waiting 😩 it is well

Am the principal applicant

Please gurus in the house what step do I take from here

What are the documents you submitted and how much did you declare you have ?any ties like house evulation?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Freda23: 11:58am On Oct 14, 2023
mojisolani:

What are the documents you submitted and how much did you declare you have ?any ties like house evulation?

I applied with statement of account with a closing balance of 4.5m for a family of 4 and the agent said it was enough

I submitted cac registered business document
And also my husband’s landed document ,marriage certificate and birth certificate for the kids
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NairaLuck: 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2023
Good morning all,

Please for those who submitted passports recently how did you fill this section because the persons submitting are not in Lagos

Especially the consent to Send From and To, will it be IRCC?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jamesobedbaisel: 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2023
I’m having problems logging into my account. I have changed the password several times and still I’m not allowed access to my account. Any help please?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oriadeade: 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2023
chiomapx:

I think it depends on the Officer in charge ..Wetin my eyes see for Pearson Toronto airport 3weeks ago by that lady at the cubicle...I wouldn't want anyone experience it........hmm
I can share if you want
pls share ur experience
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2023
Freda23:

I applied with statement of account with a closing balance of 4.5m for a family of 4 and the agent said it was enough

And also my husband’s landed document ,marriage certificate and birth certificate for the kids

Your balance is too low for a family of 4.
Your statement should be nothing less than 10m.

Any travel history as a family?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2023
Munachimso30:
Say I go shock them $100 before I pass or I have to go back and pay for the hotel
Can ya imagine

Those guys wan run you....
Insist you have cash to pay at the hotel.
How much you hold?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oriadeade: 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2023
Munachimso30:
Can ya imagine
heya sorry abt that but they don’t hv any right to tell u that na

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2023
Oriadeade:
heya sorry abt that but they don’t hv any right to tell u that na

Guy Naija na one kind hell oh. Na we the citizens dey make things hard for us, not just the government trust me, we are about to fly out
Later didn’t give them a dime, but they saying something here, that they are deporting people with hotel reservation, that it need be paid before going
Anyone with right info concerning this ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Freda23: 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2023
oluayebenz:

Your balance is too low for a family of 4.
Your statement should be nothing less than 10m.

Any travel history as a family?
[quote author=oluayebenz post=126396632]

Ok thanks 🙏

Only my husband he has been turkey
But I am the main applicant
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2023
oluayebenz:

Those guys wan run you....
Insist you have cash to pay at the hotel.
How much you hold?

Have a thousand Canadian dollar, with some USD
then my card is with me with some funds on it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mojisolani: 1:08pm On Oct 14, 2023
Munachimso30:

Guy Naija na one kind hell oh. Na we the citizens dey make things hard for us, not just the government trust me, we are about to fly out
Later didn’t give them a dime, but they saying something here, that they are deporting people with hotel reservation, that it need be paid before going
Anyone with right info concerning this ?

Is all lies,all you have to do is make sure you call the hotel to be sure the reservation is still active till when you enter because is likely for immigration to call the hotel for your itinerary, if the reservation is active and for how many days .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by austino677(m): 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2023
Freda23:

your balance is not even enough for one person... End time agent

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2023
mojisolani:

Is all lies,all you have to do is make sure you call the hotel to be sure the reservation is still active till when you enter because is likely for immigration to call the hotel for your itinerary, if the reservation is active and for how many days .

Can the hotel actually deactivate my booking without sending me messages on my gmail, I booked this yesterday evening
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oriadeade: 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2023
Munachimso30:

Can the hotel actually deactivate my booking without sending me messages on my gmail, I booked this yesterday evening
no always check ur mail. Is booking.com rite

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chiomapx(m): 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2023
Oriadeade:
no always check ur mail. Is booking.com rite

No is hotel.com
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2023
They sent me this

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 1:38pm On Oct 14, 2023
chiomapx:

At PEARSON AIRPORT Toronto POE

1 wicked lady and two other gentle men...

I noticed the lady was taken time questioning people and the other men's line was moving fast.. I was hoping I don't get to her cubicle but yoo, I was asked to go there..

Questions she asked..

1. Why are you in Canada

2. Paper that backed up your church program

3. Do you have a returning ticket

4. How many bags did you come with and what are the contents...

5.You mean I should grant you access into Canada with this your invitation letter.

6.. Your program is on the 25th and why do you want to stay for more 3weeks before going back to your county..

7.. where would you be staying in Canada..
As she was questioning she was asking to see the proofs that backed my claim...

She didn't stamp the pepper the machine generated after scanning my passport in ARRIVE-CAN machine but my brother's pepper was stamped because one of the gentlemen in the cubicle interviewed him and didn't ask him much question and didn't request to see any peper from him..

She sent me to other POE agents where many other people mostly blacks were sent too...
Meanwhile my brother was freed and has gone for our bags..

When it get to my turn, the officer asked why are you in the country and requested for my passport.... Immediately he saw my green passport, he shouted, Nigerians ..... They always claim to come for a conference and program and never went back to their home country and he knows i wouldn't go back too.... I acted surprised to hear they don't go back and said I have a job in my home country and won't abandoned my job... He said that's what they always say, that do i know the number of Nigerians he sees weekly that says the same thing, that I should come out plain and say the truth so that the government would help me... I told him that the truth is that after the program am going back to my home country to continue with my job... He said he is certain, I'm not going back to my country.....I told him a Catholic church invited me and the church can't be involved in anything illegal...He said people don't have shame anymore, they will claim they are here for a conference and wouldn't return back to their country and he is very sure I'm not going back and commanded I keep quiet immediately and said if I go back, he would become the president of Canada ..just that there is a policy that if a system has approved a VISA they cannot decline, he stamps it and and asked me to just go go go.. like saying carry your wahala and go🤣....
Some people above are trying to justify visa refusal claiming too small money or whatever , main while this is the reason they won't give more tourist visa again especially to Nigerians except people with valid US visa or family visa . They already had enough people that entered and giving them problems

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oriadeade: 1:41pm On Oct 14, 2023
chiomapx:

At PEARSON AIRPORT Toronto POE

1 wicked lady and two other gentle men...

I noticed the lady was taken time questioning people and the other men's line was moving fast.. I was hoping I don't get to her cubicle but yoo, I was asked to go there..

Questions she asked..

1. Why are you in Canada

2. Paper that backed up your church program

3. Do you have a returning ticket

4. How many bags did you come with and what are the contents...

5.You mean I should grant you access into Canada with this your invitation letter.

6.. Your program is on the 25th and why do you want to stay for more 3weeks before going back to your county..

7.. where would you be staying in Canada..
As she was questioning she was asking to see the proofs that backed my claim...

She didn't stamp the pepper the machine generated after scanning my passport in ARRIVE-CAN machine but my brother's pepper was stamped because one of the gentlemen in the cubicle interviewed him and didn't ask him much question and didn't request to see any peper from him..

She sent me to other POE agents where many other people mostly blacks were sent too...
Meanwhile my brother was freed and has gone for our bags..

When it get to my turn, the officer asked why are you in the country and requested for my passport.... Immediately he saw my green passport, he shouted, Nigerians ..... They always claim to come for a conference and program and never went back to their home country and he knows i wouldn't go back too.... I acted surprised to hear they don't go back and said I have a job in my home country and won't abandoned my job... He said that's what they always say, that do i know the number of Nigerians he sees weekly that says the same thing, that I should come out plain and say the truth so that the government would help me... I told him that the truth is that after the program am going back to my home country to continue with my job... He said he is certain, I'm not going back to my country.....I told him a Catholic church invited me and the church can't be involved in anything illegal...He said people don't have shame anymore, they will claim they are here for a conference and wouldn't return back to their country and he is very sure I'm not going back and commanded I keep quiet immediately and said if I go back, he would become the president of Canada ..just that there is a policy that if a system has approved a VISA they cannot decline, he stamps it and and asked me to just go go go.. like saying carry your wahala and go🤣....

At murtala muhammed airport... We refused to pay at first and we were sent to their Boss and there the wahala started... He said we won't join the flight he requested for every pepper we have and even the peper of our invitee..We provided all and yet he didn't let us go...He insisted he knew we weren't going for any program and says he is uploading all our documents to their Canada site for verification ,that we should wait for their response..... Almost 1hour and it was almost getting late to board, we ended up paying 100k each for my brother and I and 50 us dollars for excess load.... 250k in total..
na wa o well thank God for the journey mercy . Wch airline b dis ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) ... (1109) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: olawumi2005(m), tblaze007(m), wencius4u, Oladim001(m), Kelvinarsenal and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.