Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (983) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2322037 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AlphaLady(f): 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
Hi everyone,

Please how do I go about applying for a visitor’s visa for a baby less than 2 months.

Both parents already have SOWP and study permit. Plus what’s the average timeline for it to get approved?

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2023
No one can tell you the average timeline until you apply

But your study and SOWP for your spouse can make it faster

AlphaLady:
Hi everyone,

Please how do I go about applying for a visitor’s visa for a baby less than 2 months.

Both parents already have SOWP and study permit. Plus what’s the average timeline for it to get approved?

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AlphaLady(f): 1:16pm On Nov 30, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

No one can tell you the average timeline until you apply

But your study and SOWP for your spouse can make it faster

Alright. Thank you. So how do I go about the application? Will biometrics and medicals be required for the infant?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Latosky: 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2023
Yes i got a mail

babapressy:

You got a mail stating the approval or you visited their site to check?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Latosky: 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2023
The child is not required to do Biometrics

AlphaLady:
Alright. Thank you. So how do I go about the application? Will biometrics and medicals be required for the infant?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MayorOfEdmonton: 5:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
If your uni/college resumption time is pretty close, you can attach an LOE explaining the obvious urgency+Evidence of nearness of resumption. That could help fast track the processing.
Cheers

AlphaLady:
Hi everyone,

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AlphaLady(f): 6:00pm On Nov 30, 2023
Latosky:
The child is not required to do Biometrics

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AlphaLady(f): 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2023
MayorOfEdmonton:
If your uni/college resumption time is pretty close, you can attach an LOE explaining the obvious urgency+Evidence of nearness of resumption. That could help fast track the processing.
Cheers

Errm. My husband is already there. I just had the baby. So I’m looking to start the baby’s application as soon as the passport is ready.

So in the interim, I’m looking at what documents to gather and how to go about a visitor’s visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MayorOfEdmonton: 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2023
Oh okay.
A question, has your husband met his baby ‘in flesh’ yet? If NO, then I’d suggest you (1)add an emotional appeal LOA with your application stating family re-unification, emotional and mental support from your spouse who is yet to meet his newborn as reasons. And (2) Husband should send letter of invitation for the baby also appealing that he can’t wait to see his daughter/son and be reunited with you his wife as that will help his settlement in Canada and his studies.
Other documents you’ll need will appear in the upload section.
You will also need to attach ur SOWP and husband’s Study visa. I strongly believe the processing will be faster.
Feel free to ask for help here at any stage of your application, I’m sure others will kindly help with accurate informations too.
Congratulations on the baby and all the best Ma🙏🙏

AlphaLady:

Errm. My husband is already there. I just had the baby. So I’m looking to start the baby’s application as soon as the passport is ready.

So in the interim, I’m looking at what documents to gather and how to go about a visitor’s visa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AlphaLady(f): 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2023
Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate this.
MayorOfEdmonton:
Oh okay.
A question, has your husband met his baby ‘in flesh’ yet? If NO, then I’d suggest you (1)add an emotional appeal LOA with your application stating family re-unification, emotional and mental support from your spouse who is yet to meet his newborn as reasons. And (2) Husband should send letter of invitation for the baby also appealing that he can’t wait to see his daughter/son and be reunited with you his wife as that will help his settlement in Canada and his studies.
Other documents you’ll need will appear in the upload section.
You will also need to attach ur SOWP and husband’s Study visa. I strongly believe the processing will be faster.
Feel free to ask for help here at any stage of your application, I’m sure others will kindly help with accurate informations too.
Congratulations on the baby and all the best Ma🙏🙏

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abousanogo83: 12:00am On Dec 01, 2023
Can someone help with explanation or maybe samples of any of the document here with the exception of the very obvious ones.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vgyjm: 4:01am On Dec 01, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I sent my passport to Canada VAC in London two days back using Royal Mail and till date I haven’t gotten any confirmation email from the VAC. Please, has anyone faced similar issues? I read that I ought to receive a tracking number, how can I get a tracking number as I have not received a confirmation email from VAC. Do I have to reach out to the VAC directly?

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 5:25am On Dec 01, 2023
vgyjm:
Hello Everyone,

I sent my passport to Canada VAC in London two days back using Royal Mail and till date I haven’t gotten any confirmation email from the VAC. Please, has anyone faced similar issues? I read that I ought to receive a tracking number, how can I get a tracking number as I have not received a confirmation email from VAC. Do I have to reach out to the VAC directly?

Thank you

It's too early to start worrying yourself. You will be given a tracking number once VAC receives your passport and enters it into their system.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 8:58am On Dec 01, 2023
@ vgyjm:

When did you submitt your application cos this days. london application working like a snail .mine since August 11
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Obatity: 11:13am On Dec 01, 2023
Please gurus in the house kindly help with my questions. Thank you
Obatity:
Hello everyone,

Please I want to apply for the visit visa anytime from now, for me and my two children, my question is,

Is it ok for me to add my spouse bank statement along with mine as co sponsoring the trip ( he is not applying for visa)?

And secondly is 3,500k Can dollar ok to declare as the amount I would be holding when traveling aside the ticket amount? Kindly note our host would be accommodating, feeding and transporting us as the host will be on leave from work at the time of our visit. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2023
Adez1:
Also, I want to know any cheap vocational school with PGWP in Toronto or Canada in general.

You can use Google to do the search or post your question in the student section.

https://www.nairaland.com/7776621/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/300
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
Obatity:
Hello everyone,

Please I want to apply for the visit visa anytime from now, for me and my two children, my question is,

Is it ok for me to add my spouse bank statement along with mine as co sponsoring the trip ( he is not applying for visa)?

And secondly is 3,500k Can dollar ok to declare as the amount I would be holding when traveling aside the ticket amount? Kindly note our host would be accommodating, feeding and transporting us as the host will be on leave from work at the time of our visit. Thanks

Yes, your spouse can be a co-sponsor. Get a letter from him stating this fact, and you will need his bank statement to support the visa applications.

The question is, how much money do you have for your stay in Canada?
There is no set amount, but you need to show that you can afford to buy the plane tickets, accommodation, food, and other travel expenses during your stay in Canada. Since your host is providing accommodation and feeding, get a letter from your host stating this fact.

I think it is better to show evidence of funds that will cover the total cost of the trip, including the plane tickets, not just the $3500 shopping money alone.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Obatity: 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
[quote author=Ashirioluwa post=127260036]

Yes, your spouse can be a co-sponsor. Get a letter from him stating this fact, and you will need his bank statement to support the visa applications.

The question is, how much money do you have for your stay in Canada?
There is no set amount, but you need to show that you can afford to buy the plane tickets, accommodation, food, and other travel expenses during your stay in Canada. Since your host is providing accommodation and feeding, get a letter from your host stating this fact.

I think it is better to show evidence of funds that will cover the total cost of the trip, including the plane tickets, not just the $3500 shopping money alone.

Thank you so much for the explanation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by modskiller(m): 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
bigfatthing:
Hello house. Anyone here that can put me through on booking my flight to Canada with a visiting visa. Flexible dates and also information with regards to transit visas. I don’t want to be a victim of agents 🙏🏾

Please avoid Egypt Air if possible, not getting good reviews about them recently.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by modskiller(m): 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2023
Barrywhite477:

Someone I know submitted August 21st,got approved yesterday... I also submitted mine 30th.. let's hope we will get a good response within 2weeks

Did you apply yourself, if yes, please help with list of documents you submitted.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by modskiller(m): 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adez1: 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

You can use Google to do the search or post your question in the student section.

https://www.nairaland.com/7776621/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/300

Okay. Thanks a lot
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omobolarin: 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
No. He doesn't have a usa or any other visa.
I wish you a fast response.

Canadahome:

Congratulations bro. Does he have valid USA visa?

I am a PR here and submitted my MIL application on 15th October. Biometric completed on 30th October. I have not received any response. Wifey will be due in few days.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Funky123(f): 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
Hi Guys, it’s been a long read.

We have been on this relocation journey (Canada PR) for quite a while, but recently we thought of giving visit visa a shot and I have been here reading. Please I need insights that can help us.

My hubby siblings are in Canada and are citizens now, they are both working
His Aunt is also a citizen and working( he did his siblings sponsorship years ago)

We plan to submit in January, he’ll be going alone for now while me and my child stay here till he can bring us. These are my questions;

1. Should we submit the application from Nigeria and get an invitation letter from his siblings
2. Should his siblings submit the application( do we have better chances with this)
3. Is there anyway his aunt can contribute to it

We plan to use our joint account which have 4.2m balance now, I work remotely and I earn 7figures, will it be okay if we too it to 6m (I’m asking because of 6 months validity) or can I write a supporting letter as a co-sponsor

Lastly if the money in the account is less than 6 month, how can we explain the bulk money since it’s mostly coming from my own personal account.

Please I need all the help I can get so he can get this Visa, thanks in anticipation

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Transporter52: 9:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
What’s their problem? Please explain
modskiller:

Please avoid Egypt Air if possible, not getting good reviews about them recently.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:17am On Dec 02, 2023
Funky123:
Hi Guys, it’s been a long read.

We have been on this relocation journey (Canada PR) for quite a while, but recently we thought of giving visit visa a shot and I have been here reading. Please I need insights that can help us.

My hubby siblings are in Canada and are citizens now, they are both working
His Aunt is also a citizen and working( he did his siblings sponsorship years ago)

We plan to submit in January, he’ll be going alone for now while me and my child stay here till he can bring us. These are my questions;

1. Should we submit the application from Nigeria and get an invitation letter from his siblings
2. Should his siblings submit the application( do we have better chances with this)
3. Is there anyway his aunt can contribute to it

We plan to use our joint account which have 4.2m balance now, I work remotely and I earn 7figures, will it be okay if we too it to 6m (I’m asking because of 6 months validity) or can I write a supporting letter as a co-sponsor

Lastly if the money in the account is less than 6 month, how can we explain the bulk money since it’s mostly coming from my own personal account.

Please I need all the help I can get so he can get this Visa, thanks in anticipation

He can get an invitation letter from any of his siblings if he likes, but his visitor visa application will be submitted here because he is currently here in Nigeria.

Or his sister can contribute by sending him an invitation letter. Let her state in the application that she will provide food and accommodation for his entire stay or any other help she is willing to render. She can backup this with her bank account or payslips.

He can use the joint account, but it will be good if you can write a support letter for him. Any lump sum in the account should be explained.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ayzio(m): 6:09am On Dec 02, 2023
Hello everyone

Please advise me
i have a multiple entry visiting visa to canada, in my letter of introduction and application of entry visa the dates I indicated were 18th September 2023 to return 20th October 2023 but couldn’t fly because my travel agent sold to us a fake ticket. Now I have raised another money to fly this December

My question now is do I need to write another application letter or not?

Do I need to write another application letter for the new dates ?

I do not want any issues at the POE

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Funky123(f): 8:22am On Dec 02, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

He can get an invitation letter from any of his siblings if he likes, but his visitor visa application will be submitted here because he is currently here in Nigeria.

Or his sister can contribute by sending him an invitation letter. Let her state in the application that she will provide food and accommodation for his entire stay or any other help she is willing to render. She can backup this with her bank account or payslips.

He can use the joint account, but it will be good if you can write a support letter for him. Any lump sum in the account should be explained.

Thank you, should we get invitation from his brothers and Aunty or just one person

Also, is 4m enough since they will add their own payslip as his sponsor in Canada or we should take it to 6m

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 9:55am On Dec 02, 2023
Ayzio:
Hello everyone

Please advise me
i have a multiple entry visiting visa to canada, in my letter of introduction and application of entry visa the dates I indicated were 18th September 2023 to return 20th October 2023 but couldn’t fly because my travel agent sold to us a fake ticket. Now I have raised another money to fly this December

My question now is do I need to write another application letter or not?

Do I need to write another application letter for the new dates ?

I do not want any issues at the POE

Thank you

Warning ⚠️

Please and please, stop patronising agents for any travel engagements, be it for your visa of any kind or travel tickets. Awoof dey run belle as people would always say. I guess the low ticket rate enticed you. I don't want to advertise any website here but you can DIY for your airline tickets. If you want to get a cheap ticket, buy it early in order to take advantage of this. This is what I always do, including local flights for years. You know what, I do take some risks at times and I'd not encourage anyone to do same cos I am a frequent traveller. I'd book my ticket early and pay. I always go for the flexible ones such that, I can seek a refund of my money in case I don't want to travel again. Some would attract just a few percentage for cancellation, which is fine compared to when paying so much to get a ticket only a few days to my departure.

Alternatively, if I feel I'd still like to keep the ticket as my plan has changed, I'd just leave it open since my ticket is valid for one year. I'd watch the trend and use it before the difference is much. I'd not have to pay much whenever I need to use it.

That said. Concerning your matter, there's no problem at all. Just book your flight via a legit route for your desired travel dates. When you get to POE, what concerns those guys there is whether you have your return ticket, hotel accommodation or veritable place you're staying during your visit if you have people over there and that you have adequate money to sustain you during your stay. Once all these are in order, you're good to go.

Canada does something which anyone who has been obtaining their visa before can attest to. Even if your programme in Canada had passed while your application was going through processing, so long as you are qualified for a visa, it will be issued and you can use it anytime, within the validity period...wouid the guys at the POE now ask IRCC why they had to issue a visa despite the expiry of the applicant's mission in Canada during application processing? No. So, worry less. Just ensure you had all I told you above handy, you'd be fine.

⚠️ Again, people should stop patronising agents and I have my reasons. I also read a lot of posts here. Agents have destroyed a lot of applicants' future travels here. Many may have received a life ban without them knowing. Imagine an agent doctoring a bank's statement for an applicant and the applicant was asked to re-present the same bank statement after being detected by the embassy. Even in my office, I can easily detect a doctored document with a software and if i could do this, the Embassy would do much more in fishing out fake papers.

Many applicants are even much more knowledgeable about visa application documentation than many agents but because of laziness, they always engage agents.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 10:20am On Dec 02, 2023
modskiller:

Egypt Air can only render unsatisfactory service from Nigeria to Egypt. Once you get to Egypt AirCanada or any of the reputable airlines would take over, via their star alliance agreement. It's always a wonderful experience when you connect flight to any of the north American destinations. Its only between Nigeria and wherever you're connecting flight from, that some of these airlines maltreat us and its because of the bad leadership in place.

I once boarded same Turkish Airlines that has won several international airline awards from Lagos to Istanbul and they served us a pasta instead of good meal indicated on their menu. Nigerians protested but what could we have done? Some of their flights coming to Nigeria would be making sound like moluę in the air. Once you connect another flight from Istanbul, you'd see the difference in service

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:20am On Dec 02, 2023
Funky123:

Thank you, should we get invitation from his brothers and Aunty or just one person

Also, is 4m enough since they will add their own payslip as his sponsor in Canada or we should take it to 6m

Thanks

Yes, an invitation letter from one of them.

The 4 million should be okay since he has someone who is going to provide him with accommodation and food for his entire stay.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 10:27am On Dec 02, 2023
Levels1:

You people are missing things here

Is not about submitting same time, Month or day but when the biometric was done.

You can submit same time and same day but once the biometric capturing date is not the same then you don't expect response same time
Not only when biometric was done. The VO considers a lot of factors. Travel history plays a major role in their assessment. I know of someone with usa valid visa and good travel history to other destinations who submitted late October. Passport was requested late November, barely one month after submission online.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: united4men and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.