Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (984) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321769 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 10:38am On Dec 02, 2023
emmaxman:
Hello houz, I want to run a visitor visa myself. Pls I need the guide of gurus in the houz. The dos and the don’ts. Few years ago, I run a student visa myself but I was denied in the ground that I don’t have sufficient money to substain myself. Now I don marry and I want run visitor. Abeg help your brother. Do the balance in the account really mater??
You don tell us why dem refuse you so, work on that. Not only does the Balance in the account matter, but how the account is run in terms of performance...how frequent are both credit and debit transactions done in that account? If you have up to 4000CAD dollar as your credit balance, you're good to go for a maximum stay of 1-2 weeks.

Again, how robust is your travel history?

How solid is your tie to Nigeria in case you don't have a convincing travel history?

You'd need to do your homework on the above. Assess yourself first, before applying. No need to rush.

NB
You don't have to have people in Canada to obtain a canadian visa, same applies to usa.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paragon40(m): 1:29pm On Dec 02, 2023
Hi guys.
I'll like to get the 10yrs visa or something close on my passport, my issue is that my passport is valid for the next 2years. I will like to know if I can apply for another int. passport with a longer term, despite the fact that the current one is still valid for the next 2yrs. Please guys I need your response on this.
Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by modskiller(m): 5:00pm On Dec 02, 2023
Transporter52:
What’s their problem? Please explain

Heard they un-boarded some people, wasn’t clear what happened and not so sure of the story but it’s best to avoid any form of harassment and unwanted embarrassment(s)

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2023
Good day Nairaland, pls can anyone tell me any airline tickets you can buy by official dollar rate or Naira
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by skifulization: 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2023
modskiller:

Heard they in-boarded some people, wasn’t clear what happened and not so sure of the story but it’s best to avoid any form of harassment and unwanted embarrassment(s)

The truth is, they will turn you back to Nigeria at Cairo (Egypt) if you're a Nigerian holding visitors visa.. avoid Egypt Airline if you fall under this category..

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Funky123(f): 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Yes, an invitation letter from one of them.

The 4 million should be okay since he has someone who is going to provide him with accommodation and food for his entire stay.

Thank you so much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Elixosodi(f): 9:21pm On Dec 02, 2023
Greetings,

I am student in Canada about rounding of my program. although I know i need a one year work experience in canada before I can apply for my PR however before that time come, I would like to get myself acquainted with what is needed to achieve this so i would appreciate it if anyone can share the PR thread to me. thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Taal17: 5:23am On Dec 03, 2023
Elixosodi:

Greetings,

I am student in Canada about rounding of my program. although I know i need a one year work experience in canada before I can apply for my PR however before that time come, I would like to get myself acquainted with what is needed to achieve this so i would appreciate it if anyone can share the PR thread to me. thank you

there's a living in Canada thread - ask there
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thejokist(f): 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2023
Hi House

Please has anyone done or applied for a visiting visa for a family of 6? Please how did you go about it, in terms of the actual application on the IRCC website and the documentation? Will there be six different applications or two for the parents and the kids will be attached to the parent’s application?
Then for the documents, can they be merged into the usual IRCC document upload buckets and the same documents attached for each applicant (since it will already contain al the information IRCC will require anyway).

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zirconia16: 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2023
Can be done...but with anything Nigeria, extreme stressful and chaotic.

paragon40:
Hi guys.
I'll like to get the 10yrs visa or something close on my passport, my issue is that my passport is valid for the next 2years. I will like to know if I can apply for another int. passport with a longer term, despite the fact that the current one is still valid for the next 2yrs. Please guys I need your response on this.
Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MayorOfEdmonton: 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2023
You can actually have two invitation letters from both brothers.
There’s a question when applying ‘has someone else invited you’ click yes. One can state he will be the major sponsor while the other co-sponsor.
In my opinion, having two siblings that are citizen invite him gives him higher chance of approval.

Funky123:

Thank you, should we get invitation from his brothers and Aunty or just one person

Also, is 4m enough since they will add their own payslip as his sponsor in Canada or we should take it to 6m

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paragon40(m): 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2023
Zirconia16:
Can be done...but with anything Nigeria, extreme stressful and chaotic.

I'm doing it from outside Nigeria. Just want to double check if it's possible.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by askarachi: 7:37pm On Dec 03, 2023
How long did it take to get the passport back?
MaryAndrews:
I booked an appointment on on VFS website

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-AppointmentWave1/

You will need to create a new user profile. I chose VFS Lagos and navigated through. Type of appointment is "Passport Submission" appointment. Just take your time to read instructions as you progress. If there are no appointments available, give it time and check again later.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by askarachi: 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2023
Have you gotten the passport back?
Deppy:

Thank you sooo much for your response. I appreciate.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2023
thejokist:
Hi House

Please has anyone done or applied for a visiting visa for a family of 6? Please how did you go about it, in terms of the actual application on the IRCC website and the documentation? Will there be six different applications or two for the parents and the kids will be attached to the parent’s application?
Then for the documents, can they be merged into the usual IRCC document upload buckets and the same documents attached for each applicant (since it will already contain al the information IRCC will require anyway).

Thank you.

You will fill out application for each person.

When you are filling out your application, click yes to the question - “Do you want to apply for more than one person at the same time”

- Group type, click family.

- As per documents: It will show you documents you need to upload when get to that section.

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bukolo: 10:41pm On Dec 03, 2023
Good morning.

Anyone knowledgeable should Kindly attend to my questions.

Thank you

Good evening.

I am the principal applicant, applying for my husband and my 2 children.

Do I have to fill representative form?

How much do you think I should have in my account?

Am I uploading digital passport when filling the form? I am applying on the new portal.

Thank you

Ashirioluwa:

When you are filling out your application, click yes to the question - “Do you want to apply for more than one person at the same time”

- As per documents: It will show you documents you need to upload when get to that section.

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Elvisu: 10:59pm On Dec 03, 2023
Hello people. Please is there any possibility of getting a Canadian visa approved when the purpose of the application (Conference) has ended but the visa application is still in process.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 11:04pm On Dec 03, 2023
Elvisu:
Hello people. Please is there any possibility of getting a Canadian visa approved when the purpose of the application (Conference) has ended but the visa application is still in process.

Certainly.

The important thing is your POF.

You already applied before the closing of the event so it wasn't your fault.

You will be giving providing your POF is enough as you already paid for their service i.e Visa fee / biometric fee .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abidecdrock(m): 11:40pm On Dec 03, 2023
Good day house, can one use medical result and biometric done during study permit application to apply for visit visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 1:54am On Dec 04, 2023
Abidecdrock:
Good day house, can one use medical result and biometric done during study permit application to apply for visit visa

Biometric is biometric In as much as is still within 10years of the pervious application.

Visit visa doesn't require medical results either.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thejokist(f): 4:47am On Dec 04, 2023
Thank you.

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by benjijosh(m): 5:59am On Dec 04, 2023
Hi everyone,

I can’t believe I am asking this question being a tech person 😅 I can’t seem to find any portal to apply for a visit visa. Can anyone guide me?

I have an IRCC account created already

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by flavann: 7:17am On Dec 04, 2023
My visa was refused, cause the conference day as past, they simply said i dont have business to be in canada

Levels1:

Certainly.

The important thing is your POF.

You already applied before the closing of the event so it wasn't your fault.

You will be giving providing your POF is enough as you already paid for their service i.e Visa fee / biometric fee .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 9:38am On Dec 04, 2023
flavann:

My visa was refused, cause the conference day as past, they simply said i dont have business to be in canada

But my younger brother own was granted as the conference was two months passed before they requested for his passport and eventually giving after Two weeks of submission.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Latosky: 10:14am On Dec 04, 2023
Good morning, who do i get in touch with as my daughter's passport has been with Canadian Visa office since last week monday. Meanwhile, ours that we submitted together has been returned since November 30th.

askarachi:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by flavann: 10:25am On Dec 04, 2023
yes have seen cases like that in the past, sometimes depend on the consular, that was the only reason giving because i have good financial record and solid travel history.

Levels1:

But my younger brother own was granted as the conference was two months passed before they requested for his passport and eventually giving after Two weeks of submission.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 10:33am On Dec 04, 2023
flavann:
yes have seen cases like that in the past, sometimes depend on the consular, that was the only reason giving because i have good financial record and solid travel history.

Noted.

I agree with you because my brother doesn't have any travelling history at all, na first timer but God makes it possible for him

But more advisable for applicants to apply for vacation such as Easter festive season, etc ahead of time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Freeman6771: 10:44am On Dec 04, 2023
Are you waiting for passport?
askarachi:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Freeman6771: 10:47am On Dec 04, 2023
I submitted my passport on the 7th of November at the Lagos vfs for stamping and till now no collection mail. I’ve sent them mails, calls and everything and nothing has happened. I even went to the vfs office in to check if it has been returned back but they said it hasn’t been returned. I really don’t know what to do anymore.

(1) (2) (3) ... (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Jokky001, House34, esth5er and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.