Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (985) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321869 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by askarachi: 12:05pm On Dec 04, 2023
Yes I am. I submitted around this time last week
Freeman6771:
Are you waiting for passport?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by askarachi: 12:06pm On Dec 04, 2023
I also submitted last week Monday. Nothing yet
Latosky:
Good morning, who do i get in touch with as my daughter's passport has been with Canadian Visa office since last week monday. Meanwhile, ours that we submitted together has been returned since November 30th.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nairagenone: 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2023
Gotten
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olaniiks: 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2023
Any recent landing gist please?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2023
bukolo:
Good morning.

Anyone knowledgeable should Kindly attend to my questions.

Thank you

Good evening.

I am the principal applicant, applying for my husband and my 2 children.

Do I have to fill representative form?

How much do you think I should have in my account?

Am I uploading digital passport when filling the form? I am applying on the new portal.

Thank you

Yes, you will fill out the representative form (IMM5476).

No set amount is required from a visa applicant, but it is generally believed that a visa applicant should have enough money in the account that cover the travel expenses and something to fall back on when he or she returns from the trip.

Also, some folks believe that travel expenses should not be more than 30 to 40 percent of one's income, especially if you are from this part of the world because it is good to show that you are financially ok for the trip.

For example, if a savings account shows a balance of 4 million and the estimated trip expenses are 3.8 million, the tendency that this application will be rejected for insufficient funds is very high.

Compute your travel expenses and compare same to whatever you have.

**This is just my own opinion, I am not a visa agent or immigration expert**

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jossy43: 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2023
Hello House pls i need your help here, my wife and daughter are in canada since dec 2022 PR, i just applied for a visitors visa nov 5, and did biometrics 3 days after, but my profile keeps saying we are processing your application but my biometrics has been updated. Its close to a month now.. anything i can do pls. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Latosky: 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2023
Calm down, too early to start getting worried.

Jossy43:
Hello House pls i need your help here, my wife and daughter are in canada since dec 2022 PR, i just applied for a visitors visa nov 5, and did biometrics 3 days after, but my profile keeps saying we are processing your application but my biometrics has been updated. Its close to a month now.. anything i can do pls. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2023
Jossy43:

There is nothing for you to do because your application is still within the processing time frame.

You can start to worry if you don't hear from them after 4 months because the current average processing time for applicants from Nigeria is 109 days.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bukolo: 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2023
Thank you

Ashirioluwa:

Yes, you will fill out the representative form (IMM5476).

No set amount is required from a visa applicant, but it is generally believed that a visa applicant should have enough money in the account that cover the travel expenses and something to fall back on when he or she returns from the trip.

Also, some folks believe that travel expenses should not be more than 30 to 40 percent of one's income, especially if you are from this part of the world because it is good to show that you are financially ok for the trip.

For example, if a savings account shows a balance of 4 million and the estimated trip expenses are 3.8 million, the tendency that this application will be rejected for insufficient funds is very high.

Compute your travel expenses and compare same to whatever you have.

**This is just my own opinion, I am not a visa agent or immigration expert**

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Freeman6771: 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2023
Who has experienced this before?
Freeman6771:
I submitted my passport on the 7th of November at the Lagos vfs for stamping and till now no collection mail. I’ve sent them mails, calls and everything and nothing has happened. I even went to the vfs office in to check if it has been returned back but they said it hasn’t been returned. I really don’t know what to do anymore.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Funky123(f): 11:16pm On Dec 04, 2023
MayorOfEdmonton:
You can actually have two invitation letters from both brothers.
There’s a question when applying ‘has someone else invited you’ click yes. One can state he will be the major sponsor while the other co-sponsor.
In my opinion, having two siblings that are citizen invite him gives him higher chance of approval.

Thank you so much for your input
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by modskiller(m): 12:08am On Dec 05, 2023
Very quick one people.

I have someone going to Toronto but
could only get a flight that will take him
to Montreal and he would have to join
a local flight to Toronto I hope it’s a safe
practice.

Also what’s the best answer he can give
at the POE as to why he’s coming in
through Montreal??

Also would the person be needing a yellow card?

A very quick response will be highly appreciated

@Ashirioluwa

@skyview01
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 2:42am On Dec 05, 2023
modskiller:
Very quick one people.

I have someone going to Toronto but
could only get a flight that will take him
to Montreal and he would have to join
a local flight to Toronto I hope it’s a safe
practice.

Also what’s the best answer he can give
at the POE as to why he’s coming in
through Montreal??

Also would the person be needing a yellow card?

A very quick response will be highly appreciated

@Ashirioluwa

@skyview01

One can enter through any airport. Yellow card is not required.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:12am On Dec 05, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

One can enter through any airport. Yellow card is not required.

You can enter into Canada via any point of entry airport regardless of your final destination. The second leg of your flight to Montreal will be a local flight so you will not meet any CBSA agent.
and you should not have any problem.

Just tell the officer the truth that you were able to get a cheaper flight enroute Montreal to Toronto. Its not a deal breaker.

Yellow card is not required in Canada from international travellers.

Let me know if you have further questions.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 4:06am On Dec 05, 2023
Freeman6771:
I submitted my passport on the 7th of November at the Lagos vfs for stamping and till now no collection mail. I’ve sent them mails, calls and everything and nothing has happened. I even went to the vfs office in to check if it has been returned back but they said it hasn’t been returned. I really don’t know what to do anymore.

Do you have the application tracking ID number? Track it with the tracking number or chat with them. The chat is more effective.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Setemi2010: 9:21am On Dec 05, 2023
Bros abeg kindly chat me on my WhatsApp number 07038328482. I have something important to discuss with you. Thank you
Skyview01:

You can enter into Canada through any point of entry airport regardless of your final destination. The second leg of your flight to Montreal will be a local flight and you should not have any problem.

Just CBSA officer the truth that you were able to get a cheaper flight enroute Montreal to Toronto. Its not a deal breaker.

Yellow card is not required in Canada from international travellers.

Let me know if you have further questions.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by trollx: 9:47am On Dec 05, 2023
Sharp ✈️🛫✈️

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Freeman6771: 10:29am On Dec 05, 2023
I’ve tracked it and it’s thesame location it’s been since November 8th. I’m getting frustrated
Ashirioluwa:

Do you have the application tracking ID number? Track it with the tracking number or chat with them. The chat is more effective.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:42am On Dec 05, 2023
Freeman6771:
I’ve tracked it and it’s thesame location it’s been since November 8th. I’m getting frustrated

Ok, chat with them and see what their agent will say.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2023
Hello.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EnglishUsa: 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2023
Please can any one answer me or give me advice on what to do? I did my biometrics at Abuja for Canada visitors Visa on 26 of April 2023 and till today December 5 I have not heard anything from them, although I did my application through travelling Agent that has been given Canada visa to my friends but my own turned out to be different now. I am very much worried as this Visa has jeopardize all my other activities... Please should I still keep waiting? Is there any hope for me? Is there any one with such experience?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cutelukz: 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2023
Few hours ago, you posted on USA thread that your husband wanted you to go to USA and you asked if it was a good idea for him to follow you. Now on Canada thread, you are a widow. Why are you people like this?
Ejworld:
Hello. Good evening everyone. I’m 30 years , widow with 2 kids (11 and 7 years) we all got our Canadian tourist visa. I was advised to seek asylum when I get to the airport. Please is that a good advise? Because I wouldn’t wanna go into fake relationship/ marriage because of papers(hopefully I find something genuine). So my question is this, should I go through the asylum process or I should go and return, or is it possible to school with a visitor visa?Wouldn’t want to put the kids through unnecessary stress. ( I can’t go anywhere without my kids) Please advise me. Thank you

Or should I just stay back in Nigeria? I have no contact in Canada…. I have been thinking a lot lately and I don’t want to make any decision that will affect my kids… please what’s the best thing to do ? Please

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2023
Ejworld:
Hello. Good evening everyone. I’m 30 years , widow with 2 kids (11 and 7 years) we all got our Canadian tourist visa. I was advised to seek asylum when I get to the airport. Please is that a good advise? Because I wouldn’t wanna go into fake relationship/ marriage because of papers(hopefully I find something genuine). So my question is this, should I go through the asylum process or I should go and return, or is it possible to school with a visitor visa?Wouldn’t want to put the kids through unnecessary stress. ( I can’t go anywhere without my kids) Please advise me. Thank you

Or should I just stay back in Nigeria? I have no contact in Canada…. I have been thinking a lot lately and I don’t want to make any decision that will affect my kids… please what’s the best thing to do ? Please

Are you related to the former Nigerian information minister (Lai Mohammed) because I don’t know which of your posts to believe.

6 hours apart you posted 2 conflicting posts.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2023
EnglishUsa:
Please can any one answer me or give me advice on what to do? I did my biometrics at Abuja for Canada visitors Visa on 26 of April 2023 and till today December 5 I have not heard anything from them, although I did my application through travelling Agent that has been given Canada visa to my friends but my own turned out to be different now. I am very much worried as this Visa has jeopardize all my other activities... Please should I still keep waiting? Is there any hope for me? Is there any one with such experience?

I believe your agent is the best person to answer your question.

Go see him face to face and ask him to tell you the truth.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BoNsi: 5:52am On Dec 06, 2023
Good morning everyone,
My spouse is a student in Canada, rounding up studies this month.
My SOWP was refused in August, I applied for a visit visa on September 4th, I’m yet to get a decision. Sent a webform and email last month and got a reply saying it was still within the process time.
It’s now about 12weeks and I’m worried. We are a young couple and wish to be together for Christmas at least. We’ve been apart for 8months and it’s draining mentally for both of us.

Please what do you advise I do?

Thank you for your kind response.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emilyn: 8:20am On Dec 06, 2023
Good morning, house, I am an international student in Canada. I applied for a visitor visa for my children on August 7th, and biometrics were done on August 17th. I have not heard from IRCC since then. Please, I don't know if anyone can help me with their email.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aderemi166: 9:22am On Dec 06, 2023
EMails
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Abuja@international.gc.ca
ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca
ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca
Nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

Webform
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

emilyn:
Good morning, house, I am an international student in Canada. I applied for a visitor visa for my children on August 7th, and biometrics were done on August 17th. I have not heard from IRCC since then. Please, I don't know if anyone can help me with their email.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Geerlings: 11:36am On Dec 06, 2023
Good morning, please for someone already refused from study visa, and wanted to go for visit visa my question is he going to do a new biometric for the visit visa or he can still use the previous one he did in study visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 12:18pm On Dec 06, 2023
Geerlings:
Good morning, please for someone already refused from study visa, and wanted to go for visit visa my question is he going to do a new biometric for the visit visa or he can still use the previous one he did in study visa
Biometric is 10yrs, apply visitors Visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Geerlings: 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2023
id4sho:

Biometric is 10yrs, apply visitors Visa

Please for a couple wanted apply visit visa together, were they going to open a separate IRCC profile account or just only one profile for both couple

(1) (2) (3) ... (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Terminalia(f), ayoshyne(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.