Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (74944 Views)

Stella Oduah Debunks Reports Of Supreme Court Sacking - Channels Television / Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint / Jonathan And Buhari Agree To Channels Television Debate On Feb3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by tete7000(m): 11:25am On Jan 21, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

But all posts indicate you had been supporting the clueless one before now? So who should take you serious?

My posts indicate I have always been somewhere in the middle assessing all options while recognising and respecting Jonathan as my president. I am someone brought up to respect and adore offices and in extension its occupier. I was not taught to use vulgar languages such as clueless (irrespective of circumstances) on those who are older than me and particularly on those who hold exalted offices. I was thought you can't claim to be able to fight corruption when you are rude, insolent and mannerless as such behaviours in themselves constitute corruption.
It is part of my education to first hold firm on what I already posses as I go out to assess other options. My father often told me: A bird in hand worths more than million in the bush. He ever always warned that the 'Grass always look greener on the other side and as such I should look before I leap or I may be jumping from fry pan to fire'. Let me quickly add, he taught me I should always endeavour not to at any time leave issue and dwell on trivialities. He said I should always beware of not leaving the message to attack the messanger. In his words - 'Ma fi epo sile pa lapalapa' meaning 'Don't leave the crux of the matter to dwell on trivialities'.
So you can see my background and where I am coming from. If you can't use sane languages, stay away from me.
Thanks you for your understanding.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by grandx88: 11:26am On Jan 21, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Some of just type with your brains blocked. Agreed (for the purpose of discussion), have you asked yourself how Buhari got to be trained in military schools in the United Kingdom and the United States without tendering his WASSCE certificate? The system operated in these schools is somewhat similar with the one obtained in conventional universities. A person that wants to apply for an Msc programme won't just tender photocopies of his Bsc and NYSC discharge or exceptional certificates but also his SSCE certificate. In the same manner, a person applying for PhD will submit photocopies of his Msc, Bsc, NYSC and SSCE certificate.
Can you prove to us that Buhari was admitted into the US War College without an SSCE?

Agreed (for the purpose of this discussion)... Do not be in a hurry to insult people, or assume that one can write with his brains blocked. ...to the matter, I'll assume that a Nigerian Colonel being sent to the war colleges would require not a lot more than evidences of his qualifications as well a recommendation from the school sending him. I din't make any conclussions andI won't claim to know more than I actually do, and I'll advice you not to either. But I have read enough books and journals to know that one didn't necessarily need to be very qualified to be in the Nigerian Millitary training college back then.

Aren't you tired of this whole certificate saga? Is it not as simple as obtaining due acknowledgements and clarifications from WAEC that the then young Buhari took WASSCE exams in 'so so' year and save the world dis whole stress?...in other words, if u lost your WASSCE cert and you later have a grave need for it (in order to become the President of Nigeria)..... I believe that one should go to all lengths even if it means requesting for the exam sheets.......just my thought.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by babestella: 11:26am On Jan 21, 2015
Demdem:
Left to me, this is unnecessary. The General has no explanation to give. Anyone that is aggrieved has proscribed in the electoral law and by inec should proceed to court.
We all should learn to abide with the laws of the land. I wonder why this is difficult to do.
Those vocal about this none issue won't even vote the General if he shows them his cert or can taharqa swear with his balls that once he sees the cert, it's Sai Buhari henceforth?
If am to advise the General, will ask him to give these ones his middle finger and ask them to meet him in court.
Rubbish.

When it dawns on you, a bottle of local gin will not calm you. It's people like you that keep supporting illiteracy in Nigeria. Your old general is a liar. Your party's (APC) evil plot to defraud NIGERIANS has been exposed and NIGERIANS now know better how your APC party intend to fight kwarruption according to your despotic general.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:26am On Jan 21, 2015
willycrown:
The truth is, APC is in a very dicey situation if Gen. Buhari cannot produce his secondary school certificate. By swearing to an affidavit to the effect that he had a certificate (lost, stolen, destroyed....), his eligibility to contest will be hinged on this secondary school certificate irrespective of any other certificates he acquired later.

But the bigger implication is the perjury aspect. I was with some very senior lawyers yesterday and even though I do not really understand a lot of their 'lawyer speak", what they all seem to agree with is that, even if Gen. Buhari wins, his victory will be overturned by the courts.

Head or tail, it seems APC loses.

I just hope its not too late for APC to present another candidate.

Cant you and your useless senior lawyers go to court?? Why are you guys afraid of Buhari??
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by AmaechiLinus(m): 11:26am On Jan 21, 2015
Wetin d boy (Buhari) come dey talk about him certificate saga?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by eaglechild: 11:27am On Jan 21, 2015
Habibuisah1:
Have Decided, I Will Vote For Buhari -
If you like, tell me that Buhari went only to almajiri school, I
will still vote for Buhari.
Tell me that Buhari never attended any school before. I will
still vote for Buhari.
Tell me Buhari is actually an Alien from mars I will vote for
Buhari.
Tell me that Buhari is actually 100 years old I will still vote for
Buhari.
Tell me Buhari jailed every single Nigerian that was alive
during his tenure, I will still vote for Buhari,
Tell me that during Buhari's tenure people had to apply to
government and get approval before they urinate, defecate,
eat or drink, I will still vote for Buhari.
Tell me that Jonathan Nigeria would be better than paradise in
4 years if I vote Goodluck, I will still vote for Buhari.
Save your words, save your energy, save your keyboards, save
your time, and leave me alone
You sound frightening.

Like a programmed robot.

You have similar thought processes to a jihadist who has been strapped with a bomb and told to go into the market place and blow himself up.

He simply does it no questions asked.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by PassingShot(m): 11:27am On Jan 21, 2015
harrysterol:
THANK GOD Today is not February 14 before feb14 Nigeria will release fully well whether buhari has certificate or not

[size=3pt]
Nigerians be warned if buhari enters Aso Rock without A certificate the world will laugh at Us
[/size]

[s]Buhari show ur certificate period or you never had a certificate[/s] undecided

Go back to school and when you know the difference between release and realize, come back.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by seundy(m): 11:27am On Jan 21, 2015
So non of you can give the details of the interview? Nigerians with unnecessary thought!
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by brownlord: 11:27am On Jan 21, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Quit abusing people on Nairaland! Make your incoherent comments without resorting to the use of abusive words! Only illiterates do so!

You are a bastard, this was my first comment to you.

"NgeneUkwenu your anti corruption messiah is no more saint, tell the kworupshion fighting general to present the certificate he used to enlist into the Nigeria Army, i may just decide to vote for him if he can provide it"

And your response.

"Mumu! Because PDP said so?"

I gave it back to you and you turn around to tell me i should quit abusing people, i guess "Mumu" is a title in your village, coward

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by ichidodo: 11:27am On Jan 21, 2015
woodcook:
I am not going to argue with, I was born in the north, I schooled there, lived among them and can categorically tell you that to this day they still give their people free passes.
Don't argue with APC partisans and e-goats..they will twist the truth and box you into a corner. Your eye on the ball....Buhari' waec ceritificate is the ball..

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Demdem(m): 11:28am On Jan 21, 2015
willycrown:
The truth is, APC is in a very dicey situation if Gen. Buhari cannot produce his secondary school certificate. By swearing to an affidavit to the effect that he had a certificate (lost, stolen, destroyed....), his eligibility to contest will be hinged on this secondary school certificate irrespective of any other certificates he acquired later.

But the bigger implication is the perjury aspect. I was with some very senior lawyers yesterday and even though I do not really understand a lot of their 'lawyer speak", what they all seem to agree with is that, even if Gen. Buhari wins, his victory will be overturned by the courts.

When we talk about lawyers we aren't reffering to charge and bail ones. Senior charge and bails are even more pathetic.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by 9jatatafo(m): 11:28am On Jan 21, 2015
My question is, at the time GMB finished secondary school, was WAEC in existence? If WAEC was in existence then let the general provide the certificate, I don't know why he is calling conference just because of WAEC certificate. If it has burnt or destroyed say it, state the year you passed your WAEC and it can be traced. Take the shortest possible distance than doing the wilderness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by pekeyim: 11:29am On Jan 21, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Are you dumb? The Toronto saga was a scam, where the former Speaker, Salisu Buhari (not Muhammdu Buhari) claimed he went to the University of Toronto. That was easy to detect because the University claimed it never admitted him, not to talk of awarding him a degree. In the case of Muhammadu Buhari, the US War College has come out to say they have his records.

You see before quoting and insulting someone, Please try to "THINK" i.e if You have a "Brain"
I never said GMB attended Toronto University, I was only trying to tell the "Person" I quoted that it is very possible for People to forge or falsify their documents to get into positions and I gave examples.

Abi I talk say Buhari get 3rd class?

Chai!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Demdem(m): 11:29am On Jan 21, 2015
babestella:

When it dawns on you, a bottle of local gin will not calm you. It's people like you that keep supporting illiteracy in Nigeria. Your old general is a liar. Your party's (APC) evil plot to defraud NIGERIANS has been exposed and NIGERIANS now know better how your APC party intend to fight kwarruption according to your despotic general.

Fool, spare me ur rants and proceed to court and see if ur stupidity will fly.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by brownlord: 11:29am On Jan 21, 2015
Demdem:

Have u asked ur lawyers to proceed to court?
I expect the General to come out and give u arseholes the middle finger. U are all inconsequential to his impending victory.

Yup, trust me so many people including me want him to come out plain and shame PDP
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Eziachi: 11:30am On Jan 21, 2015
pekeyim:
W
Bros where the Certificate, no dey speak English? U no hear the Toronto saga? Abi na Mars u been dey?

People Forge documents to go to Foreign countries even where I Served, pple were upgrading their 3rd class to 2.1 to get jobs, are you that NAIVE or you are turning a blind eye?
That is another point. The Toronto college came out any deny ever awarding such a certificate. The secondary school or army schools that Buhari attended is still around. So the scenario you are painting has no bearing with this situation.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by effogis: 11:30am On Jan 21, 2015
Guys! days are gone when the unlettered folks will be directing the affairs of our Nation. Is it not a shameful thing to be hearing that one of the presidential aspirants does not have qualifications up to vasity level? Yet he is fighting tooth and nail to occupy Aso Rock, in this technological age.

Nigeria wake up from your slumber and good morning.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Emperor007: 11:31am On Jan 21, 2015
Kenai:

This rhetoric has been used by APC apologists, and is, quite frankly, hackneyed.
Buhari was able to contest and get away with it in 2003, 2007 and 2011 because the Freedom of Information bill hadn't been signed, AND the Electoral Act hadn't been ammended to demand that an applicant MUST provide proof of his stated qualification(s) before he/she is allowed to run for office.

So whether you like it or not, you must give credit to Goodluck Jonathan's administration for ensuring that, at least to an extent, accountability is adhered to.

NO more public office for uneducated Fulani cattle-herders who rise to power through very questionable means.

NO more Quota system and patronage of mediocrity.

Nigeria is for EVERY NIGERIAN, and no ethnic group should be given unfair advantage at the expense of merit.
Whether you're from an ethnic group of 30 million, you shall be given no special treatment over and above a person from an ethnic group of 12,000.

This is the New Nigeria.
If you don't like it, SECEDE!

^^^

+ 100, 000 likes

Simply put, and perfectly summerized.

Quota System wouldn't work or save Buhari again, merit must be rekindled in Nigeria.

Folks should stop being confused and wake up to reality, Buhari is not the messiah Nigerians clamour for.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Demdem(m): 11:31am On Jan 21, 2015
brownlord:

Yup, trust me so many people including me want him to come out plain and shame PDP

Yap, that middle finger will do and demand they go to court in accordance with the law if they are so sure of themselves.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by EMANY01(m): 11:31am On Jan 21, 2015
woodcook:
Are you for real? I take it you really do not understand the grip the north had on Nigerian military back then and how they could do things that seem impossible.

Are u kidding me every one knows the control the northerners had on every sector of government it just suits those claiming that they don't know.To say that it's impossible for people to join the military without the minimum requirements.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by pekeyim: 11:32am On Jan 21, 2015
BTW I'm officially off this "Thread" I've waited for 2hours 30 minutes, and they haven't finished cooking up their lies.

Ciao.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by slinkman(m): 11:33am On Jan 21, 2015
it is now clear, this general is a fraud. any doubt i had before is completely gone. i think i choose GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by confirm123456: 11:33am On Jan 21, 2015
any update on the channel Tv with buhari's on the issues over certificate

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Lyoncrescent: 11:34am On Jan 21, 2015
slinkman:
it is now clear, this general is a fraud. any doubt i had before is completely gone. i think i choose GEJ

Hope you have your PVC ? Cos you dont just choose by mouth
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by pekeyim: 11:34am On Jan 21, 2015
Eziachi:
That is another point. The Toronto college came out any deny ever awarding such a certificate. The secondary school or army schools that Buhari attended is still around. So the scenario you are painting has no bearing with this situation.
Did someone claim He / She attended Toronto University?

In this situation is

Is someone claiming He / She has a "WASC" certificate?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by KevD123: 11:35am On Jan 21, 2015
he has no certificate please...can he be disqualified already?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by slinkman(m): 11:35am On Jan 21, 2015
Lyoncrescent:

Hope you have your PVC ? Cos you dont just choose by mouth
yes i do. and my whole family does.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by gists: 11:36am On Jan 21, 2015
DesChyko:

Look before you leap.

"And these".. You were referring to one guy. Why use the plural form suddenly?

"gmb".. These are initials of a person. It should be capitalized.

Once again, look before you leap.
Common you can do better. Except you are also a graduate of one of the almajiri high schools, you should know I was not referring to him alone. The word "these" and the phrase "set of people" should have made this clear.
There are many PEJ students on nairaland and it is now nauseating.
As for the capitalization, I find it difficult to believe you didn't see the capitalized PEJ that I wrote and you just conveniently/mischievously focused on the gmb. Well if you must know, I have some issues with my "CAPS LOCK" key. I'll have to replace my keyboard.
Anyway, I don't expect many TANoids to be satisfied with this. I have dropped the topic and moved on.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by onatisi(m): 11:36am On Jan 21, 2015
willycrown:

gej and pdp knew all along ,but they only bidded their time before playing their cards. Now I think it is too late to change names. If pdp had raised the issue early ,atiku would have been given the ticket and that is one person gej will do everything to avoid meeting at the polls at this time.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by brownlord: 11:36am On Jan 21, 2015
tete7000:

My posts indicate I have always been somewhere in the middle assessing all options while recognising and respecting Jonathan as my president. I am someone brought up to respect and adore offices and in extension its occupier. I was not taught to use vulgar languages such as clueless (irrespective of circumstances) on those who are older than me and particularly on those who hold exalted offices. I was thought you can't claim to be able to fight corruption when you are rude, insolent and mannerless as such behaviours in themselves constitute corruption.
It is part of my education to first hold firm on what I already posses as I go out to assess other options. My father often told me: A bird in hand worths more than million in the bush. He ever always warned that the 'Grass always look greener on the other side and as such I should look before I leap or I may be jumping from fry pan to fire'.
So you can see my background and where I am coming from. If you can't use sane languages, stay away from me.
Thank you for your understanding.

So sad, you can't make a good progressthieve, to be progressive,

You will need to ridicule the office of the president,

you need use all sought of distasteful words,

even when he is right still insult him,

Politicians in their party is a saint even if an armed robber or certificate forger, the once in PDP are crooks, if he cross to their party, his sins are forgiven and become progressive

If you commend Jonathan you are TAN and insult him you are progressive etc.

All hail the future leaders

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Lyoncrescent: 11:37am On Jan 21, 2015
slinkman:
yes i do. and my whole family does.

Fair Enough.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Demdem(m): 11:37am On Jan 21, 2015
slinkman:

Liar. U Av always been with Jonathan before now.

slinkman:
GEJ all the way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply)

10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion / Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) / Lekki Massacre: Forensic Analysis Proves Videos Of Killings Are Genuine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.