Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (74784 Views)

Stella Oduah Debunks Reports Of Supreme Court Sacking - Channels Television / Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint / Jonathan And Buhari Agree To Channels Television Debate On Feb3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 21, 2015
Does that also mean WASEC has lost the record of the certificate.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Gondonu: 11:38am On Jan 21, 2015
donphilopus:

God will never forgive you for typing GEJ till 2019. If you want to continue with this hardship, then relocate to Otuoke or the Prison where GEJ shall surely end up till 2019. Maybe the Immigration sham recruitment didn't affect you or any of your relatives. If it had, you wouldn't have had the fingers to post that gibberish!
My friend shut up there!! So bad for your level of reasoning.Your hero is a monumental fraud and he risk being jailed for lying under oath.It's also disguisting that Osinbajo,Fashola,Tambuwal that are so-called "learned"lawyers that fully know the legal implications of this issue are all keeping mute because of party affiliation.This is never "change"

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Emperor007: 11:39am On Jan 21, 2015
The drama being performed by APC would tell any right thinking person that the certificates Buhari claimed is with " the millitary secretary " is all lies.

Is all about Quota System, which would not work or save Buhari on this.

APC and Buhari should just do the needful and stop disgracing themselves.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Opiosko: 11:39am On Jan 21, 2015
Eziachi:
He doesn't need to because the law never demanded a hard copy, hence the affidavit.

If you are interested apply and they will give it to you.
No institution in the world accept a photocopy. Hence affidavit, which has a legal status. An affidavit is worldly acceptable where the original no longer exist.
Some of you is labelling another person as illiterate but a lack knowledge of most simple things a literate should know.
Sir pls tell us about the content of the said affidavit.... GMB lied that his credentials are with the miliary board...so swearing affidavit in place photocopy is not the issue. If he has said it was destroyed or that he lost it, then your point would been valid.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Demdem(m): 11:39am On Jan 21, 2015
brownlord:

So sad, you can't make a good progressthieve, to be progressive,

You will need to ridicule the office of the president,

you need use all sought of distasteful words,

even when he is right still insult him,

Politicians in their party is a saint even if an armed robber or certificate forger, the once in PDP are crooks, if he cross to their party, his sins are forgiven and become progressive

If you commend Jonathan you are TAN and insult him you are progressive etc.

All hail the future leaders

Av u forgotten that this same fool of a president publicly called leaders of a section of the country Rascals.
The fool is simply reaping what he sowed. Live with that.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by ichidodo: 11:39am On Jan 21, 2015
babestella:

When it dawns on you, a bottle of local gin will not calm you. It's people like you that keep supporting illiteracy in Nigeria. Your old general is a liar. Your party's (APC) evil plot to defraud NIGERIANS has been exposed and NIGERIANS now know better how your APC party intend to fight kwarruption according to your despotic general.
Don't bother yourself with the paid APC e-goat.....Right now their whole propaganda strategy is in tatters with this certificate scam and press fiasco...the game plan with these APC e-goats is to regroup, attack or harrass any right thinking NLer airing his/her views to not only cover up this scandal but to distract the audience as to the issues on ground...just relax and enjoy the show.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by dallyemmy: 11:39am On Jan 21, 2015
Section 318(1) of the said constitution, which is the interpretation Section. It becomes crystal clear, upon a careful reading of the said Interpretation Section, that even persons whose educational qualifications are below the Secondary School Leaving Certificate/level and its equivalent are still qualified to contest election, if they possess the Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent along with the other requirements listed under the said definition Section (Section 318(1)).

For the avoidance of doubt, Section 318(1) provides:

“School Certificate or its equivalent” means -

(a)      a Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, or Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or

(b)      education up to Secondary School Certificate level; or

(c)      Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent and-

(i)       service in the public or private sector in the Federation in any capacity acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for a minimum of ten years, and

(ii)      attendance at courses and training in such institutions as may be acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for periods totalling up to a minimum of one year, and

(iii)     the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language to the satisfaction of the Independent National Electoral Commission; and

(d) any other qualification acceptable by the Independent National Electoral Commission;”

There is the need to acknowledge the trite rule of interpretation of Statutes which is to the effect that a Section of a Statute should not be construed in isolation. All sections in a Statute must be interpreted conjunctively, especially where the Statute has a definition Section, as it is the case with the 1999 Constitution (as amended).Section 131(d) must therefore be construed in conjunction with Section 318(1) of the constitution which defines the words “School Certificate or its equivalent.”

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/eligibility-to-contest-election-into-elective-offices-1/

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by olujegs(m): 11:40am On Jan 21, 2015
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by willycrown: 11:40am On Jan 21, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Cant you and your useless senior lawyers go to court?? Why are you guys afraid of Buhari??

I think politics or not, some people should learn to be civil. But then, resorting to invectives instead of ratiocinating is a mark of inferior intellect.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by DeCritique(m): 11:40am On Jan 21, 2015
Lol... Even Channels TV is tired of waiting for the clueless General to come out with his certificate. They are now showing a religious program from KICC!!

Buhari has failed Nigeria
Shame on those that say Buhari has no need to answer to Nigerians on the whereabouts of his certificates... Shame!!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:40am On Jan 21, 2015
tete7000:

[s]My posts indicate I have always been somewhere in the middle assessing all options while recognising and respecting Jonathan as my president. I am someone brought up to respect and adore offices and in extension its occupier. I was not taught to use vulgar languages such as clueless (irrespective of circumstances) on those who are older than me and particularly on those who hold exalted offices. I was thought you can't claim to be able to fight corruption when you are rude, insolent and mannerless as such behaviours in themselves constitute corruption.
It is part of my education to first hold firm on what I already posses as I go out to assess other options. My father often told me: A bird in hand worths more than million in the bush. He ever always warned that the 'Grass always look greener on the other side and as such I should look before I leap or I may be jumping from fry pan to fire'. Let me quickly add, he taught me I should always endeavour not to at any time leave issue and dwell on trivialities. He said I should always beware of not leaving the message to attack the messanger. In his world - 'Ma fi epo sile pa lapalapa' meaning 'Don't leave the crux of the matter to dwell on trivialities'.
So you can see my background and where I am coming from. If you can't use sane languages, stay away from me.
Thank you for your understanding[/s].

I just exposed you as a liar and opinion rigger! You claimed in your post that you changed your stand about voting Buhari after reading the PDP's orchestrated certificate propaganda against him! And I went into research and found out you had been a die-hard jonathan supporter before now!

So what's the fuss?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by sCun: 11:41am On Jan 21, 2015
AnanseK:

[s]He didn't say that his certificate was with the military. But he referred any enquiries to the military . The explanation is clear that 6th form students in those days were drafted into the military in order to build up the officer cadre immediately after independence. The story is very clear although the military may actually have tampered with the personal file. You know that the desperation of the current office holders knows no bounds , the government could easily influence the military suppress full information. ( the despicable , gory front page PDP advert deriding the past leaders and wishing death to Buhari is very fresh on our minds).
When you look at his qualifications and also look at the constitutional requirement you know ,if you are honest, ( and I believe you are) that Gen Buhari satisfies the condition to contest and that's why he contested 3 times in the past. But Nigerians now can see thru PDP , can see how the country is being destroyed while a sitting president just sit and looks. So people are seriously asking for change. The panic from the ruling party is use all means of smear campaign and character assassination to destroy the opposing leadership. Health static fabrication, calling for death, certificate intrigues , as the Islamists extremist picture and arbitrary claim of funding terrorist painted earlier is falling apart. . So what next? Why don't they talk about real development issues instead of appealing to emotions of the gullible voters?[/s]
He swore under oath that his certificates is with the military board, which turned out to be a lie.
This your long post changes nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by iconaus: 11:41am On Jan 21, 2015
Eziachi:
This is a comment based on total lack of knowledge of Nigeria. Back then it's the south, especially the Igbo and Yoruba that dominated the Nigeria military. By 1967 the highest northern ranked northern person in the army was a Colonel. And a middle Beltan northerners to be precise. So do they have a grip? Learn and know your history.

Most commenting here are just kids . yes high ranking officer were from the east with proper qualification but Abubakar and sauduna of sokoto urged northerners to join the army irrespective of their qualification because they believed with military the North can control Nigeria that was when the likes of Buhari joined the military with little or no qualification in the north .Majority of low ranking soldiers were from the north then after the war most of then rose rapidly to the top most ranks.

Again people who are arguing that for the fact that buhari attended school overseas shows that he had Waec or its equivalent are immature in the brain . Buhari was sent by the military institution for training hence he was covered and prevented from serious scrutiny of his academic qualification . And again , i live and studied in the western country . They don't ask for your weac to do higher studies like masters -and sometimes they look at your experience too in your field and overseas universities just want your money . Again bubari studied or trained in war college for 9 months and u cant obtaine ur Masters in 9 months . I think he just did 9 months training . Don't forget that he was a high ranking officer prior to the training

It is clear that Buhari did not have Waec and he was smuggled into the army in the usual way the north does their thing . we re in 2015 not 1960 . Promotion of mediocracy by the north has got to stop . Every body should be treated equally and be given equal opportunies in this country . This practice put Nigeria in this mess . Buhari should come out and tell us the truth then resign from the contest and another well educated person should take over in APC

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Bamibor: 11:42am On Jan 21, 2015
Any one who is not open to objective arguements and logical reasoning has no right to be loudly opinionated. Any one who decides to hold on to his/her views in the face of superior arguements with glaring and well stated facts ought not to vote in the forth coming polls...Nigeria must outgrow the era of tribal bigotry, partisan sentimentality and embrace truth when they find it.

#We need to enlighten ourselves

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Demdem(m): 11:42am On Jan 21, 2015
Opiosko:
Sir pls tell us about the content of the said affidavit.... GMB lied that his credentials are with the miliary board...so swearing affidavit in place photocopy is not the issue. If he has said it was destroyed or that he lost it, then your point would been valid.

Have u ever thought that the military could have misplaced it or can u vouch for the military that any document given to them since inception is still intact till date? U lot need to put ur brain to work.
This same man told us early this year that certificates of all past leaders are with them and now he comes back with another story.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by umulobi: 11:42am On Jan 21, 2015
effogis:
Guys! days are gone when the unlettered folks will be directing the affairs of our Nation. Is it not a shameful thing to be hearing that one of the presidential aspirants does not have qualifications up to vasity level? Yet he is fighting tooth and nail to occupy Aso Rock, in this technological age.

Nigeria wake up from your slumber and good morning.
The Grand Commander of Fake Records...Lie Buhari is already a failure!
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Bamibor: 11:42am On Jan 21, 2015
Any one who is not open to objective arguements and logical reasoning has no right to be loudly opinionated. Any one who decides to hold on to his/her views in the face of superior arguements with glaring and well stated facts ought not to vote in the forth coming polls...Nigerians must outgrow the era of tribal bigotry, partisan sentimentality and embrace truth when they find it.

#We need to enlighten ourselves

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by onatisi(m): 11:43am On Jan 21, 2015
KevD123:
he has no certificate please...can he be disqualified already?
he can be disqualified if someone takes him to court but that may likely extend the election date and I think that is one of the reasons pdp don't want to go to court now ,they want to finish him off quickly, but if buhari goes on to win the election which is impossible anyway,pdp can take him to court and have his victory overturned .

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by niggereyez(f): 11:45am On Jan 21, 2015
tete7000:

My posts indicate I have always been somewhere in the middle assessing all options while recognising and respecting Jonathan as my president. I am someone brought up to respect and adore offices and in extension its occupier. I was not taught to use vulgar languages such as clueless (irrespective of circumstances) on those who are older than me and particularly on those who hold exalted offices. I was thought you can't claim to be able to fight corruption when you are rude, insolent and mannerless as such behaviours in themselves constitute corruption.
It is part of my education to first hold firm on what I already posses as I go out to assess other options. My father often told me: A bird in hand worths more than million in the bush. He ever always warned that the 'Grass always look greener on the other side and as such I should look before I leap or I may be jumping from fry pan to fire'. Let me quickly add, he taught me I should always endeavour not to at any time leave issue and dwell on trivialities. He said I should always beware of not leaving the message to attack the messanger. In his world - 'Ma fi epo sile pa lapalapa' meaning 'Don't leave the crux of the matter to dwell on trivialities'.
So you can see my background and where I am coming from. If you can't use sane languages, stay away from me.
Thank you for your understanding.
God bless you my brother.
God bless you I say!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by iconaus: 11:45am On Jan 21, 2015
grandx88:

Agreed (for the purpose of this discussion)... Do not be in a hurry to insult people, or assume that one can write with his brains blocked. ...to the matter, I'll assume that a Nigerian Colonel being sent to the war colleges would require not a lot more than evidences of his qualifications as well a recommendation from the school sending him. I din't make any conclussions andI won't claim to know more than I actually do, and I'll advice you not to either. But I have read enough books and journals to know that one didn't necessarily need to be very qualified to be in the Nigerian Millitary training college back then.

Aren't you tired of this whole certificate saga? Is it not as simple as obtaining due acknowledgements and clarifications from WAEC that the then young Buhari took WASSCE exams in 'so so' year and save the world dis whole stress?...in other words, if u lost your WASSCE cert and you later have a grave need for it (in order to become the President of Nigeria)..... I believe that one should go to all lengths even if it means requesting for the exam sheets.......just my thought.

spot on .. i agree 100% mature argument

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by zimoni(f): 11:46am On Jan 21, 2015
[b]So many things have gone wrong in the past in this country.

How could they allow someone without Secondary School Leaving Certificate and WASC to join Nigerian Army? He joined with a recommendation letter from someone.

Too bad.

The Northerners ruled us for 39years and set us back by 200years.

The Quota System has really done a lot of damage.

He should have presented the result he got when he graduated from Military School or the one he got when he went for a course in USA.

He knew he didn't have WASC yet he filled the INEC form with WASC as his qualification.

I also blame APC, they should have done thorough work about this dude background.

I don't believe that crap that his certificates were carted away when his house was attacked by IBB boys in 1985. Because WAEC can always help to produce another result for him(yes it's possible for WAEC to find Buhari's result without the exams number. This scenario is different, it has to do with a controversial presidential candidate).

I think Buhari didn't have WASC when he joined Nigerian Army. He should have filled the INEC form with the diploma he got at Military School. He made a serious mistake.

Anyway, they've said the affidavit is acceptable, so be it.

But it's terrible that our would be President doesn't have WAEC. WAYEC Ooooo not Masters Oooooooooo.

Oga ooooooooooooooooo.[/b]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by onatisi(m): 11:47am On Jan 21, 2015
If I am to choose between a clueless president and a lying,uneducated,corrupt blood thirsty opponent . I think I will rather choose the clueless one. No need substituting a clueless one with a lying,corrupt ,uneducated person

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by ichidodo: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2015
Ironically the only thing that will save GMB from prison for lying under oath right now is a military coup..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 21, 2015
I've read this thread from 0 to 16, checked Channels, NTA, AIT, TVC, premium times, Sahara reporters, The Nation, Na Sambisa remain, just because of certificate. Abeg I don tire, I de go chop, somebody PM when the certificate finally appears.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Demdem(m): 11:49am On Jan 21, 2015
dallyemmy:

Section 318(1) of the said constitution, which is the interpretation Section. It becomes crystal clear, upon a careful reading of the said Interpretation Section, that even persons whose educational qualifications are below the Secondary School Leaving Certificate/level and its equivalent are still qualified to contest election, if they possess the Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent along with the other requirements listed under the said definition Section (Section 318(1)).

(a)      a Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, or Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or

(i)       service in the public or private sector in the Federation in any capacity acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for a minimum of ten years, and

(ii)      attendance at courses and training in such institutions as may be acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for periods totalling up to a minimum of one year, and

(iii)     the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language to the satisfaction of the Independent National Electoral Commission; and

(d) any other qualification acceptable by the Independent National Electoral Commission;”

There is the need to acknowledge the trite rule of interpretation of Statutes which is to the effect that a Section of a Statute should not be construed in isolation. All sections in a Statute must be interpreted conjunctively, especially where the Statute has a definition Section, as it is the case with the 1999 Constitution (as amended).Section 131(d) must therefore be construed in conjunction with Section 318(1) of the constitution which defines the words “School Certificate or its equivalent.”

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/eligibility-to-contest-election-into-elective-offices-1/

Fools have repeatedly decided to ignore this.
The more reason why they know they will never succeed in a law court. Seriously, the General should ignore and focus on his campaign and let fools continue to talk.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by 50calibre(m): 11:50am On Jan 21, 2015
babestella:

When it dawns on you, a bottle of local gin will not calm you. It's people like you that keep supporting illiteracy in Nigeria. Your old general is a liar. Your party's (APC) evil plot to defraud NIGERIANS has been exposed and NIGERIANS now know better how your APC party intend to fight kwarruption according to your despotic general.

Shut up bleating retar*d!! You are an illiterate, just like million of Nigerians who think possessing a worthless piece of paper makes them literate.

Nigerian education is poor & sub-standard to begin with, an average Nigerian graduate is mediocre & lacks the skills to compete with peers globally. So why the misplaced emphasis on a worthless piece of paper when Nigerians could easily call for a televised debate between Jonathan & Buhari so we could see who makes mincemeat of the other.

Education is not all about a piece of paper, your president and his wife are proof of that. I'd rather pick a retired general with experience and international knowledge than a clueless zoologist with a worthless piece of paper.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by 3sha4lyf: 11:50am On Jan 21, 2015
Trailblazer1:

So you want Nigerians to go in search of buhari's certificate. Instead of the accused buhari to defend himself by providing his certificate.

Infact: you be Mumu of the year

You are daft... (I don't do this but you have forced me to). Its rodents like you that do not know their left from their right. Mr. A is certain he is qualified to participate in an exercise. The exercise governing authorities are fine with the proof of eligibility he presented. Other people are not. And you think Mr. A will be bothered? Why take panadol for another man's headache? And if you must take, GET IT RIGHT...Visit a pharmacy/dispensary/Chemist etc and GET THE RIGHT PANADOL!!! Dont be an #IdiotBehindYourKeypad!!! INEC has cleared Buhari. If you or another think otherwise, get a proof that counters INECs decisions, one of such could be via the WAEC etc.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by CyberWolf: 11:51am On Jan 21, 2015
Has he presented the certificate or is he still telling stories? angry
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by gogochocolate: 11:54am On Jan 21, 2015
buhari have the oluwole guys not completed the printing of the fake certificate for you. Tinubu for show the way now. You promised to show us the certificate by 9 but 12 o clock is almost here yet no word from you or you waiting for APC to hack into WAEC server.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by discusant: 11:55am On Jan 21, 2015
Nigeria cannot afford to shut its schools as Boko Haram wants it.

What does it take someone to show his certificate to his country people - or humbly bow out?

Nigeria cannot be a country ruled by impunity.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by prindu(m): 11:56am On Jan 21, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin.....buhari u must show us ur or...
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by ichidodo: 11:56am On Jan 21, 2015
dallyemmy:
[s]

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/eligibility-to-contest-election-into-elective-offices-1/[/s]
Absolute rubbish!! Especially now your dear General has lied under oath....Try another tactic.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

Fayose Pictured At Abuja Airport On His Way To Lagos For EFCC Trial. / Nnamdi Kanu And His Biafra-Themed Attire In Court Today (Photo) / Lekki Massacre: Forensic Analysis Proves Videos Of Killings Are Genuine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.