Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (74708 Views)

Stella Oduah Debunks Reports Of Supreme Court Sacking - Channels Television / Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint / Jonathan And Buhari Agree To Channels Television Debate On Feb3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by AnanseK(m): 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
sCun:

He swore under oath that his certificates is with the military board, which turned out to be a lie.
This your long post changes nothing.

Who is talking to reptilian brain like you? How do you know that his papers not ripped out of the file by the military men just for promotion and additional booty from the Boko Haram " business venture" between GEJ and the military ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Belovedd: 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
AO2:
The Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress [APC] has addressed a press conference in Kano where he spoke about the raging controversy over his academic qualifications.
In the speech, Mr. Buhari directed his old school, Provincial Secondary School, Katsina (now Government Colege, Katsina) to release details of his West African certificate exams.
Read full address by Mr. Buhari below.
Press Statement by General Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, on the School Certificate Issue
Good Morning, Gentlemen of the Press.
I only consented to address you this morning because of the genuine concern expressed by many supporters and other well-meaning Nigerians that the issue be addressed. Otherwise, I would have dismissed it for what it is – sheer mischief and would not have considered it an issue worth the nation’s while.
I had assumed all along that all my records were in the custody of the Military Secretary of the Nigerian Army. Much to my surprise, we are now told that although a record of the result is available, there are no copies of the certificates in my personal file. This is why I formally requested my old school the Provincial Secondary School, Katsina [which is now known as Government College, Katsina] to make available the school’s copy of the result of the Cambridge/West African School Certificate. This will be made available to the press the moment this is available.
However, before we obtain that, let me say for the record that I attended Provincial Secondary School, Katsina. I graduated in 1961 with many prominent Nigerians, including General Shehu Yar’Adua, former chief of staff at the Supreme Headquarters, and Justice Umaru Abdullahi, a former President of the Court of Appeal. We sat for the University of Cambridge/WASC Examination together in 1961, the year we graduated. My examination number was 8280002, and I passed the examination in the Second Division.
And although the ruling party may want to wish this away, the issue in this campaign cannot be my certificate which I obtained 53 years ago. The issues are the scandalous level of unemployment of millions of our young people, the state of insecurity, the pervasive official corruption which has impoverished our people and the lack of concern of the government for anything other than the retention of power at all costs.
Thank you very much.
General Muhammadu Buhari

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/175370-breaking-buhari-requests-secondary-school-to-release-details-of-own-wasc-result.html

Was there no 'unemployment' in his time? what did he do about it? How many jobs did he create? Meanwhile d number of graduates we have now is over 10 times what we had then
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Rendition(m): 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
gboss4sure:

Don't give yourself hope, Buhari doesn't have any certificate. He benefited from qouta system like many northerners in the military did. We are Nigerians and we know what happens in this country.
ok lets not argue tho...lets just let inec come in on der decision....itswell

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by ravgach: 2:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
chigo93:
my broda,moses wasn't educated as the Egyptian elites,but God used him,God even gave him a good orator in the person of Aaron.Broda Gej has brought pains to our hearts.Buhari may not be as educated as you expected,but when I see guys like kayode fayemi,fashola,Amaechi,ztc around him I feel there is hope.Thank God you've not lost a loved one 2 boko haram.this buhari case of incompetence is similar 2 Donald trump saying obama wasn't qualified 2 run 4 presidency since he wasn't an American! GEJ campaign shld be based on what he has achieved as an Educated president.

Chigo, please let us always ensure that whatever we put out to the public is well researched and in deed the truth. Moses was educated. the Bible Book of Acts Chapter 7 verses 22 says: "Moses was educated in all the learning of the Egyptians, and he was a man of power in words and deeds". Anybody seeking to lead an intelligent people must not be a dullard please!
Buhari and the APC is obviously playing with the intelligence of over 150 million Nigerians! He/They had the opportunity to present the qualification he has or its equivalent but he chose to tell us what he does not have. Anyone who truly has a certificate will not sweat like this to produce it. Does not know the value of a heard-earned certificate and do not value such. If he is thrust into the office of the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, how is he going to be able to understand what merit means? How will the education sector fare under him? how will he encourage hard work? He should simply step down and save us the impending crisis.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by callmenow: 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
tuyi19:

the constitution did not say WASC is the Requirement but minimum requirement, if you have other qualification above that, you are eligible.

WASC is the foundation. He swore affidavit that he has the WASC. That is what matters. He does not look credible at the moment.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by jingh(f): 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
gists:

My sister don't let my wife get to know if this because I am a married man ooo. I no dey do runs (at least not openly grin grin grin )
Which area be that make I evaluate cheesy
Amen to the prayer.
forget since you don marry
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by jingh(f): 2:48pm On Jan 21, 2015
kestolove95:
oya na...make we dey see...na me go marri u
kestolove95 d dreamer
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by 3sha4lyf: 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
organic973:
The 1999 constitution made it clear that the president must be a holder of "at least school certificate or its equivalent". Buhari should present his certificate. Period!

Well, yeah, the constitution made it clear that the presidential candidate [must have] been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent. which in section 318, it clearly defines '"School Certificate or its equivalent" as

(a) a Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, or Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or

(b) education up to Secondary School Certificate level; or

(c) Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent.

If he doesnt have SSCE/WAEC, No problems at all!. His Diploma from the US War School or so settles this issue because its even higher than the School Cert.What I'm hoping all this media hype is all about is that he put a WAEC qualification in his INEC form but in reality he didnt do WAEC. If thats the case, ehennnnn (in Naija accent), he got it wrong. That way even a deaf and dumb Judge can adjudicate against in seconds. I think Buhari was careful enough to swear affidavit that "copies of his certificates are [with military, etc...]". I'm not sure he mentioned which and which, which vindicates him. Anyways, only lawyers (and probly a few other professionals) will understand where I'm coming from.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by 3sha4lyf: 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2015
callmenow:

WASC is the foundation. He swore affidavit that he has the WASC. That is what matters. He does not look credible at the moment.

Did you see his affidavit where he said He Had Wasc I mean did you see it yourself or you heard it in the beer-parlour when people were arguing and discussing it (as typical in Nigeria)? Lol, No offence meant pls.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by motherlode: 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
AnanseK:

Because Jonathan chickened out, see his stand was vacant;
please help me that guy you quoted that there will a presidential debate for all candidates starting from Jan 28 - Feb 6 or so.
Both V.P and presidential candidates will take part!

Only GOD knows if GEJ will lie that he has a political appointment abroad during the period of time slated for the debate cuz his campaign is not based on issues but based on accusations and so on!
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by dozzy001(m): 3:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
Chai, I missed the program but still supporting GEJ
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by callmenow: 3:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
Demdem:

Fool, Buhari is more than qualified. The reason why ur kind has refused to go to court.

You are very dishonest. He should just withdraw dishonourably, before it is too late. Beleaguered APC.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by 3sha4lyf: 3:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
callmenow:

You are very dishonest. He should just withdraw dishonourably, before it is too late. Beleaguered APC.

REASON BEING THAT...

PLEASE BE REASONABLE. thanx
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by kestolove95(m): 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
jingh:
kestolove95 d dreamer
just like hw buhari was called d dreamer...is nw goin to b d president
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
ravgach:

Chigo, please let us always ensure that whatever we put out to the public is well researched and in deed the truth. Moses was educated. the Bible Book of Acts Chapter 7 verses 22 says: "Moses was educated in all the learning of the Egyptians, and he was a man of power in words and deeds". Anybody seeking to lead an intelligent people must not be a dullard please!
Buhari and the APC is obviously playing with the intelligence of over 150 million Nigerians! He/They had the opportunity to present the qualification he has or its equivalent but he chose to tell us what he does not have. Anyone who truly has a certificate will not sweat like this to produce it. Does not know the value of a heard-earned certificate and do not value such. If he is thrust into the office of the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, how is he going to be able to understand what merit means? How will the education sector fare under him? how will he encourage hard work? He should simply step down and save us the impending crisis.
broda God bless u,but GEJ disappointed.I respect u!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Demdem(m): 4:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
callmenow:

And u are very foolish.
Ur wish surely can't come to past. That's settled.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Rexyl(m): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
ravgach:

I am afraid if buhari wins presidential election without certificate or forged certificate, merits will just be discarded and academic qualifications will be something of little or no importance. The society should get ready for widespread injustice in civil and public service.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by callmenow: 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
Demdem:

And u are very foolish.
Ur wish surely can't come to past. That's settled.

It is settled that he has no WASC/WAEC. First division or otherwise. The more that Buhari speaks, the more ridiculous APC looks. He knows the 'number' but no certificate. The body language of kwakwanso and Osibanjo is devastating. It is like being at a funeral. It is Fitting that this is the funeral for Buhari's political and military career. C'est le vie
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Obiwannn: 4:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Whether TANoids like it or not....BUHARI we want even if he present pure water nylon

did he finally see the certificate
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by garrimallam: 4:58pm On Jan 21, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Never! the constitution demands never me. For me he shouldnt bother

Why should Buhari show you his Certificate? Do you think, he is not qualified?
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by melvin0004(m): 5:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
killuminati:
Roboto Baggio.. Useless brainless robot!
Apc fans associated with insults n violence since ages.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by ravgach: 5:08pm On Jan 21, 2015
chigo93:
broda God bless u,but GEJ disappointed.I respect u!

The right word and truth is: GEJ did not live up to expectations! It is not easy to perform well with the type of distractions and sabotage he is up against. I think he has good intentions. Let us not look for change for change sake. Let us support him to conclude. That way he will have no excuse like Obasanjo and IBB will never have excuse for not making Nigeria great. Buhari is out of it totally. DO NOT GO THERE!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
ravgach:

The right word and truth is: GEJ did not live up to expectations! It is not easy to perform well with the type of distractions and sabotage he is up against. I think he has good intentions. Let us not look for change for change sake. Let us support him to conclude. That way he will have no excuse like Obasanjo and IBB will never have excuse for not making Nigeria great. Buhari is out of it totally. DO NOT GO THERE!
okay broda.But wat abt d subsidy scam,nnpc missing fund,immigration scandal(no one took responsibility),nnpc scandal,broda tins are harder 4 poor folks!And I was thinking GEJ would identify with this poor folks since he claimed he had no shoes,the only way the masses benefited 4rm government was thru fuel subsidy,i was expecting him 2 plug the loopholes entrenched in the subsidy business so that fraudsters won't get richer,but he wasn't intelligent enough 2 do that. Tompolo the self acclaimed freedom fighter is now rich ,Asari Dokubo has 2 universities in cotonou.In my opinion Gej is not the man,Buhari is a good man!A president shld leave religion 4rm politics so as not 2 appeal 2 d sensitivities of the citizenry;i also heard pastor Oyedepo is now his religious campaigner!Broda in my opinion GEJ has lost it.And I am Igbo too.Hope I was civil enough?
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 21, 2015
Eziachi:
This is a comment based on total lack of knowledge of Nigeria. Back then it's the south, especially the Igbo and Yoruba that dominated the Nigeria military. By 1967 the highest northern ranked northern person in the army was a Colonel. And a middle Beltan northerners to be precise. So do they have a grip? Learn and know your history.

we are not talking about senior army officers.

you post still support his assertions that quota system was used back then. Because of lack of educated youths in the north back then and now( imagine the lack of education in the north now that goodluck 've to build almajiri schools....then imagine how bad it was 1962).. people like buhari got the chance because of quota system...
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by slinkman(m): 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
Demdem:

Liar. U Av always been with Jonathan before now.

yes i have always been with him, but always had doubts if it was the right choice.. but i got convinced that it was the right choice today
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
if no quota system d soldiers wey no hear come for English. which result dem take enter..
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Fortifive: 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
remove the post number from 666 to 667
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
Opiosko:
I don't like replying folks who can not do without insulting others. However, i will give you a reply cos of the issue u raised. I can only say that if there is anything to be misplaced, stolen or destroyed in GMB military file, it would only be photocopies, not original certs. No one, i repeat no one gives his original copy of his cert to his employer. Pls when did they ever said that the 'original certs of past leaders are with them? Give us the link pls. NB, pls no insult, we can do without it.

u guys should remember d rules of winning nairaland argument.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Opiosko: 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
patmaine:

u guys should remember d rules of winning nairaland argument.
Lool! Funny but true.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Shut up! You talk too much. There was nothing called photocopy when Buhari went to school. The league of Nigerians that finished elementary school in that era are academically more qualified in knowledge, theory and practice than some university graduates today.

They wrote in cursive, they were more articulate, could spell very well without aid, used reckoner to tabulate and balance bookkeeping, used vernier callipers for precision measurements, used four figure tables to calculate angles and volumes and circumfrence, can recite the whole times table from 2 to 12 without reference to the table....and then above all can calculate roots and exponentials using a pair of graded rules called "slide rule"!

We see university graduates here that cant spell or string sentences together...if you ask them for the cosine of 60 they dont know. Even when they go on google to get answer to it, mithfckrs still cant figure what they are reading. They cant convert boiling point of water from its kelvin unit to celsius unit.

Stewpeed ignoramus! Buhari may not have more than standard 6 education but at its age and raw competencies, he far surpasses niggas with masters degree to their names.

Shhuyte, too early in the day for Mayor to start on you all. I got one message for you, if yall ignorant behind slack and let Jonathan win......oooww, i will make nairaland hot for you. cool

Mr know it all...
answer this simple geologic term

which is d youngest formation in the anambra basin...

a...nsukka formation
b....mamu formation
c...enugu shale
d.....ajali sandstone..
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by tlops(m): 9:49pm On Jan 21, 2015
I hope that you guys know that even if he had F9 parallel in his WASC/WAEC he is still qualified to contest. because the constitution did not require five credits but just attendance to qualify.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 21, 2015
chigo93:
my broda,moses wasn't educated as the Egyptian elites,but God used him,God even gave him a good orator in the person of Aaron.Broda Gej has brought pains to our hearts.Buhari may not be as educated as you expected,but when I see guys like kayode fayemi,fashola,Amaechi,ztc around him I feel there is hope.Thank God you've not lost a loved one 2 boko haram.this buhari case of incompetence is similar 2 Donald trump saying obama wasn't qualified 2 run 4 presidency since he wasn't an American! GEJ campaign shld be based on what he has achieved as an Educated president.

...How can u say Moses was not educated...just to score point. twisting d bible for a Muslim....chaiiiii

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Lekki Massacre: Forensic Analysis Proves Videos Of Killings Are Genuine / Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After / Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.