Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. (4281 Views)

My Boyfriend Always Dodges Responsibilities / See How Couples Came To Their Wedding Reception In A Tractor (photo) / Do You Know How Couples Sleep On Bed? LOL ... #2 Is Temptive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by shumuel(m): 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home.

1. Housing: This is the place that house the family, it is also the Genesis of every couple an abode to everyone.

Husband - Rent: I believe it is proper for him to pay the rent as the man, the cheapest amount of rent available now is around N70,000 anually for a Room &
palour.

Wife - Feeding: women have always been senonimous to the kitchen, so i think its ok if the woman meets with the feeding unlike the traditional mentality that the husband should pay for everything, cost in feeding the family should range between
N15,000 - N30,000 monthly.

2. Childrens Education: Learning is light, knowledge is power, every child needs to be educated.

Husband - School fees:
The childrens school fees should be payed by the husband while the wife takes care of all other things that meets the needs to
complete the childrens education.

Wife - Others: Uniform, Textbooks, Pencils, e.t.c should be taken care of by the wife.

3. Living room: When it comes to
decorating and making the home lively the bills still needs to be shared between couples to create mutual respect.

Husband - Electronics set: these are the TVs, Sound system, Cable TV e.t.c, all these would amount in tens of thousands.

Wife - Furniture: The furniture should be bought by the wife, the cheapest available is around N40,000 - N60,000 for seats and
N10,000 for the Tv shelf.

4. Bed Room: the room also should be a joint venture to create a Harmonious feeling all the time.

Husband - Bed: this is the Matrass & its furniture.

Wife - Bed sheets & other: The bed sheets should be bought by the wife to add a females touch to the whole origin of the Bed, others include the face mirror, towels, curtains, walldrope e.t.c.

5. Kitchen: World wide it has been custom for the woman to rule the kitchen but in some cases she can't even point to a thing she has bought with her own money and in some few cases the woman buys it all when it comes to the kitchen, but i believe for a couple to last long in love they need to do things together at all times, sharing the bills is a wonderful idea.

Husband - Kitchen Electrical appliances: We have the Oven, Microwave, Cooker, Dish washer e.t.c.

Wife - Others: these are the Plates,
cutleries, Liquid soap, gas/kerosine, e.t.c.

6. Toilet & Bathroom: I guess you would be wondering why toilet is on the list but i know you would agree its part of the home and the home expenses, its also an oppotunity to take part in something together financially in the home.

Husband - Electrical appliances: Washinhg machine, Water heater/Hot & Cold Water system, e.t.c.

Wife - Others: These consist of Bathing soaps, Laundry soaps, Air freshners, e.t.c.

7. Communications: Now this has become very important in the society today, we cant but wish to communicate in a day with our loved ones so its a necesity.

Husband - Gadgets: yeah we all know its lovely if your husband bought you the Phone & Laptop you are using, wont you agree. So let the man buy the gadgets.

Wife - Others: if your husband could buy you a phone i think its romantic if you pay for his Data bundle and recharge his call credit wouldn't you agree, so you pay for that, but with men with so much ego this may not work, i mean waiting for your wife before you can recharge your phone, men! Your friends would not understand that if heard, so it could be scraped but i think its Romantic 'my opinion'.

8. Car: Every family needs one, it aides transportation.

Husband - Purchase: yeah right let him buy it as usual but you need to take care of some other things related to the car to get your respect from him.

Wife - Fueling & Maintainance: here it is, to get all the respect you deserve, you have to contribute or share the cost one way or the other, so paying for Gas and Maintainance of the car is the best idea, now you dont want to get the 'its my car' statament whenever you need it, would you ?

9. Clothings: Very important has it is, couples needs to share the Bill on this one also to maintain the mutual respect they both deserve from eachother.

Husband - Wears: everything that has to do with the body from the hair tips to the ankles, for the whole family.

Wife - Shoes & others: just as it is said, the wife should pay for all foot wears including stuff like soxs, bags, e.t.c for the whole family especially for the children.

10. Power: This means electricity
generation.

Husband - Generator set & Maintainance: in a country like Nigeria such a device is very important in every home and it should be purchased and maintained by the husband.

Wife - Fueling & Light bills: to contribute to Power the wife should pay the Light Bills and pay for the Fueling of the Gen.

Sharing the Bills in every department of the Home between the Husband & Wife would deffinately increase Love and mutual respect between couples who practises it.

Wishing you all a Happy Home.

Thank you.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by thiefnubu(m): 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
Ok

Op

Please how do they share the responsibility of childbirth?

1 Like

Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by dahunsy(f): 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
coughs***clears throat
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
I am cool with the couples taking care of every responsibility, to include their finances, together.
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by shumuel(m): 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
striktlymi:
I am cool with the couples taking care of every responsibility, to include their finances, together.
yeap its the way forward now
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by Hazardd(m): 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
OK
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by apparentlylaw(m): 9:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
How would a wyf provide money for food ...from ma own perspective the Man is meant to provide every financial assistance to his family ...where the woman can only cum in play iz to get some small small stuffs eg ..like wen Junior says he wants ice cream ..all doze stuffs
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by blesie: 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
Please I go like marry you oo
apparentlylaw:
How would a wyf provide money for food ...from ma own perspective the Man is meant to provide every financial assistance to his family ...where the woman can only cum in play iz to get some small small stuffs eg ..like wen Junior says he wants ice cream ..all doze stuffs

1 Like

Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by apparentlylaw(m): 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
blesie:
Lol ! Not ready nw ..maybe wen I'm ready ..U go fit wait
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by shumuel(m): 9:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
apparentlylaw:

Thats African mentality Bro, African mentality. So what you are saying is you want a woman to use all her salary to buy Ice-cream, biscuit, sweets e.t.c for the Kids so after 2 - 4 year after marriage her husband should send her packing with nothing but just her laugage ?
Man, all those sweet stuf kids eat will all end up in the Toilet as poo, a Lady should be taught how to invest in her family, imagine her countributing in everything in the house, it wont be easy for her husband to send her packing just like that, the era of ''husband should do all'' has ended, its the reason why our women are not acknowledge in the society.

3 Likes

Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by shumuel(m): 9:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
blesie:
U r very funny
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by apparentlylaw(m): 9:51pm On Jan 21, 2015
shumuel:

Thats African mentality Bro, African mentality. So what you are saying is you want a woman to use all her salary to buy Ice-cream, biscuit, sweets e.t.c for the Kids so after 2 - 4 year after marriage her husband should send her packing with nothing but just her laugage ?
Man, all those sweet stuf kids eat will all end up in the Toilet as poo, a Lady should be taught how to invest in her family, imagine her countributing in everything in the house, it wont be easy for her husband to send her packing just like that, the era of ''husband should do all'' has ended, its the reason why our women are not acknowledge in the society.
Lol ! Did I tell u I plan to snd ma wyf packing ....I didn't say she shouldn't invest ...she can invest in anyfin she wants to do afterall tz her money ...Buh dere re some responsiblities that can be shared btw a man and a woman ...
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by BukkyDan(f): 9:52pm On Jan 21, 2015
In other words...the wife pays about 65 to 70 percent of the bills abi? That's kinda cool
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by Samiceman: 9:52pm On Jan 21, 2015
Space Booked!
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by shumuel(m): 10:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
apparentlylaw:
Lol ! Did I tell u I plan to snd ma wyf packing ....I didn't say she shouldn't invest ...she can invest in anyfin she wants to do afterall tz her money ...Buh dere re some responsiblities that can be shared btw a man and a woman ...

Nope you didn't neither did i, i wasn't directing it to you it was just a general saying, most men dont respect their wives because they do everything in the home while she spends all her earnings on Fashion.
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by HizMissy(f): 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
not just sharing bills, pls do and write how they will share d duties too...

3 Likes

Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by apparentlylaw(m): 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
shumuel:

Nope you didn't neither did i, i wasn't directing it to you it was just a general saying, most men dont respect their wives because they do everything in the home while she spends all her earnings on Fashion.
Lol ..true tho ...U win
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by HizMissy(f): 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
shumuel:

And most women dont respect their husbands because they do all the chores in d home while d guy watches football... claiming man of the house
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by shumuel(m): 10:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
BukkyDan:
In other words...the wife pays about 65 to 70 percent of the bills abi? That's kinda cool

Lol Please re-read, from what have posted there is no way its going to be more than 30-50%
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by shumuel(m): 10:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
HizMissy:

And most women dont respect their husbands because they do all the chores in d home while d guy watches football... claiming man of the house

Lol, you Ladies are not reading my post completely, well let me explain it to

Your husband foot all the Bills and you except him to still come home to do house chores, ' for where Lady you are dreaming in fairy tale land, please wake up and come back home Na Naija u dey', thats what you get for leting him do all the spending but for a woman who shares the Bill, trust me when i say her man will help in the chores without being told qoute me anywhere.
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by BukkyDan(f): 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
shumuel:

Lol Please re-read, from what have posted there is no way its going to be more than 30-50%
Hehehehe...if you say so...but..
Stationaries,furnitures, fueling and maintenance of the car, gen and power supply,, cooking gas, food stuffs, cutleries lipsrsealed all for one woman? shocked
Even recharge cards for the hubby?...
It is cool tho grin
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by shumuel(m): 10:49pm On Jan 21, 2015
BukkyDan:

Hehehehe...if you say so...but..
Stationaries,furnitures, fueling and maintenance of the car, gen and power supply,, cooking gas, food stuffs, cutleries lipsrsealed all for one woman? shocked
Even recharge cards for the hubby?...
It is cool tho grin

Lwkm Wow you most be an Accountant, 'the way you put it' am so scared right now.

Well dont think its too much, and its one of the reason you Ladies/Women should respect we the Men especially the ones footing all the Bills, Men! To be a Man e no easy o.
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2015
Large percentage of Nigeria wives are housewives so OP where such wives wan get money from?
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by HizMissy(f): 11:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
shumuel:

Lol, you Ladies are not reading my post completely, well let me explain it to

Your husband foot all the Bills and you except him to still come home to do house chores, ' for where Lady you are dreaming in fairy tale land, please wake up and come back home Na Naija u dey', thats what you get for leting him do all the spending but for a woman who shares the Bill, trust me when i say her man will help in the chores without being told qoute me anywhere.

I'll quote you alright...
The typical nigerian man doesnt help around the house.. Why will i share bills with such a husband? But if he's outstanding and helps around the house, i'll be outstanding and help with the bills.
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by shumuel(m): 11:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
offspec:
Large percentage of Nigeria wives are housewives so OP where such wives wan get money from?

those are the lazy ones who love watching African Magic & The Kadeshians and gossip a lot and are not ready to get on their butt to do anything useful those are not wives they are liabilities, who would still expect their Husband to come home and cook his own meal, am talking about wives who know there values and would do anything to earn their respect, for the serious ones even when they are full housewives the will make sure have investments like SuperMarket, investing in their younger ones, Transportation e.t.c that would give them financial freedom.
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by shumuel(m): 11:30pm On Jan 21, 2015
HizMissy:

I'll quote you alright...
The typical nigerian man doesnt help around the house.. Why will i share bills with such a husband? But if he's outstanding and helps around the house, i'll be outstanding and help with the bills.

Good practise what have posted and see him helping out with the chores, like seriously if you can't share the Bills because you feel he is not helping out with the chores how do you want him too to share the work load if he is foot all the Bills, Think about it

Dont get me wrong am not advocating guys to stop footing the Bills 'am not even a guy like that Honestly' but i believe a wife that supports earns more respect from her husband a lot than the ones that dont, you shouldn't be expecting him to tell you or to be asking for it, its your civic dutie has his partner and he would also play is own part in the chores too. trust me it works.
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by benkings(m): 11:46pm On Jan 21, 2015
blesie:
he is a small boy, he doesn't know what he is sayinG!
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by HizMissy(f): 2:59am On Jan 22, 2015
shumuel:

Good practise what have posted and see him helping out with the chores, like seriously if you can't share the Bills because you feel he is not helping out with the chores how do you want him too to share the work load if he is foot all the Bills, Think about it

Dont get me wrong am not advocating guys to stop footing the Bills 'am not even a guy like that Honestly' but i believe a wife that supports earns more respect from her husband a lot than the ones that dont, you shouldn't be expecting him to tell you or to be asking for it, its your civic dutie has his partner and he would also play is own part in the chores too. trust me it works.

I'll gladly follow his lead.
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by shumuel(m): 11:56am On Jan 22, 2015
HizMissy:

I'll gladly follow his lead.
kk
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2015
May God never allow me fall into a situation where I would have need to share my home financial obligation with my wife . This however , does not mean that I would not accept my wife's generous contribution toward running the expenses of the home , no . In a nutshell , she will always be taking care of the home feed needs albeit indirectly , since it will be through the profit/salary she would be earning from one of my company under her direct management that she will be using to cater for such needs .

I am a good manager of both human and financial resources , but I hate to find myself in position of managing daily living essentials . I am a hard and smart working person , but I hate to work under non conducive environment . I abhor poverty but I am not materialistic .
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
Tinubu:
Ok

Op

Please how do they share the responsibility of childbirth?

Dude, ur a heavy politics guy, what u doing here?

That section is crazy now cause of elections, right?
Re: How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. by thiefnubu(m): 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
UchihaMadara:

Dude, ur a heavy politics guy, what u doing here?

That section is crazy now cause of elections, right?

grin na so o.... But I am still active in the politics section... I just come here to cool down my high temperature.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Types Of Breasts (photos) / Lol.what Could Be On This Child's Innocent Mind(pics) / Konji Material!curvy Model Flaunts Her Big Behind And Curve In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.