Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,985 members, 7,952,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:16 AM

Mistake Guys Make In Relationships And Simple Ways To Avoid Them - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mistake Guys Make In Relationships And Simple Ways To Avoid Them (760 Views)

10 Behaviors That Ruin Relationships And How To Avoid Them / Dangerous Mistakes Most Guys Make About Women / 3 Greatest Mistake Guys Do When They See A Gorgeous Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistake Guys Make In Relationships And Simple Ways To Avoid Them by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 22, 2015
I'm not good at compiling list like some nairalanders here but i will try to share with you in a reader-friendly manner simple mistakes we make in relationships and how to eliminate them.
Please ignore any grammatical error for english is not my mother tongue so bear with me.
Now here they are:

1. Giving the impression you are loaded than you actually are not
This is the most common mistake guys make while starting up a relationship. Knowing too well that the ladies need maximum care from a guy, most guys have resort to giving ladies the impression that the can afford more than their pocket. Eventually, you end up not meeting up to her expectation, you turn a liar and most ladies would want to wreck and dump you when they must have noticed you tricked them. So guys, be yourself.

2. Giving A Lady gift, cash or Paying her T-fare on first date
This is another common mistake guys make while starting up a relationship. I bet you don't wanna start what you can't finish. Once you have done that for the first time and failed to do it the next time, then you have committed a crime - she counts on that. So don't try this if you can't keep up with iy. A girl after your money will take offence at this, terming you as stingy or broke but a girl who truely feel feel for you will take it as nothing. Never pay for love

3. No letting her know you capability
Most guys complain that their girlfriends siphoned them and dumped them. This is because we fail to take this particular measure in order to filter and eliminate the wrong girl.
As a guy wooing a girl for the first time, not too long into the relationship, if possible that same day she accepted, let her know how much you love her. Also let her know you will take care of her as much as you can(Of course you ought to). Let her know of other financial responsibilities you have if any, letting her know she should not expect much from you in the relationship. Please say it in a manner that doesn't entail she came for your money.Try as much as possible to be prudent here. A girl who love and respect you will understand your plight but please don't take this to your advantage or you will totally lose out. If you can't afford those brazilian hair she fixes on weekly bases, let her know on time so it doesn't seem you are running from responsibilities in the long run.
I find this point very important cos i have seen guys take cash they are suppose to give their precious mum or their siblings to their girlfriends.
That time you will say your girlfriend used jazz on you meanwhile you failed to lose precaution. She is not you wife so let her know you have other top priorities(family, etc) in terms of financial responsibilities.

4. Not letting out your mind on time
Even though ladies love lies, being truthful is just the ultimate. If you wont marry a lady, just let her know from the onset(if she has been chipping it in during chats).
I once told my ex that if she finds a man ready to marry her she should find her way. She got upset saying it's over that i don't love her that i only want to use her but i calmed her down. I told her that if i want to use her and dump her i would have deceived her at the first with the picture of marriage. I told her i love her and want the best for her knowing too well i won't be getting married soon and i don't want to keep her waiting and declining other men whereas anything can happen in the long run. Guess what, she stayed. She is currently married with a kid and we still remain friends.
If you ain't ready for marriage, please don't assure or promise a lady you will marry her.

5. Insincerity
You can see very well that all i mentioned above all boils down to being sincere. Let a lady know your in-and-out. Whoever loves you and want to be with you will surely stay. Lady love lies yet they appreciate the truth more.
Be sincere, a lady might leave you but will never forget you.

Re: Mistake Guys Make In Relationships And Simple Ways To Avoid Them by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 22, 2015
feeling sleepy . i will comment when i understand better
Re: Mistake Guys Make In Relationships And Simple Ways To Avoid Them by Kennywills7(m): 1:25am On Jan 22, 2015
Let me sleep
i will comment/modify in d day time
Re: Mistake Guys Make In Relationships And Simple Ways To Avoid Them by ShakurM(m): 1:30am On Jan 22, 2015
Pause
Re: Mistake Guys Make In Relationships And Simple Ways To Avoid Them by Nobody: 1:42am On Jan 22, 2015
It wouldn't be a relationship without these mistakes!
Re: Mistake Guys Make In Relationships And Simple Ways To Avoid Them by nickusoro(m): 1:42am On Jan 22, 2015
You serious, nigga? undecided
Re: Mistake Guys Make In Relationships And Simple Ways To Avoid Them by Youngpo413: 4:43am On Jan 22, 2015
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Must We "Guys" Spend To Impress Ladies / Too Ugly To Wed! Chinese Man Jumped Into River To Commit Suicide On His Wedding / Husband Scarcity!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.