Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing (35903 Views)

Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions / Microsoft Announces The Surface Book, A 13-inch Laptop (world Fastest Laptop) / Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by Marineremmanson(m): 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2015

Source : http://www.pcworld.com/article/2873219/windows-10s-new-features-cortana-on-the-pc-continuum-and-more.html

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-holograms

Guess what,'If u were to live up to 90, with windows 10 I am sure u wouldn't smell 60. not a bad integrated technological sophistication anyway. Microsoft Windows always doing great things.
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by mekadinho(f): 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2015
90% OF THE SOFTWARES/APPS I USE IN THE OFFICE WILL NT WORK ON DS. MY WINDOW 8 IS A MESS, THE WORST BE SAY, WINDOW 8 GO JUST LET U FINISH ALL UR INSTALLATIONS, OYA COME OPEN NAA... BUT WINDOW 7 ACCEPTS ALL MY OFF APP/SOFTWARE.
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by theGuest: 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2015
PerfumeRepublik:
Cool . Glass has officially gotten a competitor

Google cancelled their glass project last week.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by rattlesnake(m): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
Holocaust shocked shocked
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by PerfumeRepublik: 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2015
theGuest:

Google cancelled their glass project last week.
Aww! Anyways Its no so bad , wearable tech will never make a huge impact, sure these gadgets are innovative but they don't solve a basic need.
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by theGuest: 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
kachnov:
Its cool,but the fact that you have to wear the holocast thingy around your head for God knows how long you need to be on your PC,increases the chances of getting a brain tumor /cancer of the brain cells
Imagine wearing a projector round your head.Good idea bad ergonomics.

It's not a projector! It doesn't project any light at any wavelength. It is augmented reality. I'm assuming you're an authority on oncology but be that as it may, it pays to have an open mind.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by kasbeats(m): 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
OP,HOW MUCH IS IT??
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by AlPicapcI(m): 4:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by theGuest: 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2015
PerfumeRepublik:

Aww! Anyways Its no so bad , wearable tech will never make a huge impact, sure these gadgets are innovative but they don't solve a basic need.

Bro, never say never. People that have said NEVER before have been made to look st#pid later: Doyin Okupe - "APC will never . . ." , Apple "Phablets will never . . . "
As absurd as it may seem for them to be mainstream, "wearables" is just too broad a term to use with "never". Peace ✌

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by poweredcom(m): 4:25pm On Jan 22, 2015
Haha omo. Window 10 go bad o..
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by zonax(m): 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
bigtt76:
Another 'wasteful' project in the making .....you will tell me back grin
I don't see it as a waste but ab innovation
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by nairaman66(m): 4:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
guru01:

haven't you heard the world is coming to an end?

Apparently so
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by theGuest: 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
Chikebrain:
Does that mean executable files (.exe) would now run on their mobile platforms?

Not really, kindly allow me to explain.

Not that it's impossible to reduce the whole desktop experience to a mobile device (haven knows Raspberry-Pi does a great job of that right now) but it will be impractical to have such hardware requirement on a device that doubles as a phone!

That said, Windows 8.1 currently has a Desktop and a Metro GUI. The Metro has it own store for its own app (not .exe) which is fairly robust.

Long story short, any app on that store will be available for any device with Windows 10. Currently, google does not support WP 8 (the Lumias) but it has Chrome on the Metro store. Once you have Windows 10 upgrade on your Lumia (Windows 10 is coming to all WP cool then you have everything. No more "App gap"!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 22, 2015
nairaman66:
Finally we are here! What a waste of mankind..
Lol,mankind is a total waste of time,forgive me God.
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by Avatar(m): 4:58pm On Jan 22, 2015
jokesmaster:
Mtcheeew..Na Windows 7 Ultimate sure pass joor...

All apps wont run on it undecided undecided undecided ...jux like the junior bro (windows eight)

all apps run on my win 8.1 , why won't all compatible apps run on yours undecided
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by Avatar(m): 5:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
funshyboi:
I haven't use 9, 10 is out, Microsoft where are you rushing to?
lol , because windows 8 ate windows 9 and didn't eat 10 grin grin
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by Avatar(m): 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2015
kachnov:
Its cool,but the fact that you have to wear the holocast thingy around your head for God knows how long you need to be on your PC,increases the chances of getting a brain tumor /cancer of the brain cells
Imagine wearing a projector round your head.Good idea bad ergonomics.
they'll improve on it with time , just as they did to other techs.
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by drnoel: 5:21pm On Jan 22, 2015
Otutu1:
The future is here!!

The technology has been there all along. They just want to release it now.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by Avatar(m): 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
kasbeats:
OP,HOW MUCH IS IT??
no info on pricing yet smiley
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by samuelezekiel(m): 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2015
Gbagaun!!!...the future is here
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by kay29000(m): 5:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
Otutu1:
The future is here!!

Yes o! I have been waiting for this since I watched Back to the Future part 2 in 1992. Thank God it is finally here. The future is here.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by ugotuf(m): 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
I have been trying out this OS for over two months now.it's a cross between OS 7 and 8 with all the beautiful features of XP Incorporated into it.It is so lovely,very fluid and sleek.
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by hesinbergx(m): 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
wow..
this is the best thing i have heard today...
GOD bless windows
GOD bless microsoft
GOD bless i the user. ?
this is the best thing i have heard today...
GOD bless windows
GOD bless microsoft
GOD bless i the user.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2015
Vyntra:
radiation killing pple since 1900 d mor technology advances d mor life shortens
1980-d average oldest man is 136
2010-d average is 112
I think it is time for d scientific community to start thinking on wat to do about radiation 4 nw pple should reduce d usage of wireless devices 2 reduce cancer nd increase life span
undecided lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by funshyboi(m): 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2015

lol , because windows 8 ate windows 9 and didn't eat 10 grin grin
meaning ?
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by Jaymaestro(m): 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
Time to bring fictitious movies like Ironman to reality.
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by simdam500(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2015
Beautiful.....

Thanks for bringing back the windows menu/start bar.... flat surface...

I hope we have cortana installed cos am hating mouse and keyboard....
We need speak to text... angry grin grin
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by symbian03(m): 9:50pm On Jan 22, 2015
funshyboi:
I haven't use 9, 10 is out, Microsoft where are you rushing to?

There is nothing like Windows 9, there is currently only an update to windows 8 which is windows 8.1.
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by bigtt76(f): 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2015
Well lets hope it gains traction. I remember Ubuntu tried the same thing too with their Linux Distro but for lack of funds to move on to the next level. Since then we've not heard of this until now ....so maybe ...just maybe it will be a big hit else its gonna be a monumental loss undecided

zonax:

I don't see it as a waste but ab innovation
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by danizy(m): 10:02pm On Jan 22, 2015
that's wot d king of my village uses..mtcheeeew
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by dasoul(m): 10:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
Steve Job will probably be rolling in his grave following the breakthrough in holographic computing by Microsoft.

Congratulations to team Microsoft.
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by dasoul(m): 10:35pm On Jan 22, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Best ISP In Nigeria? / Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. / How To Recover Files From A Dead Computer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.