Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing (35889 Views)

Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions / Microsoft Announces The Surface Book, A 13-inch Laptop (world Fastest Laptop) / Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
Vyntra:
radiation killing pple since 1900 d mor technology advances d mor life shortens
1980-d average oldest man is 136
2010-d average is 112
I think it is time for d scientific community to start thinking on wat to do about radiation 4 nw pple should reduce d usage of wireless devices 2 reduce cancer nd increase life span
not for black race..hope u got my point?
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by martineverest(m): 11:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
Google glass ended yesterday after poor acceptance by public..occulus rift is nottin to hololensquote author=PerfumeRepublik post=30026765]Cool . Glass has officially gotten a competitor[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by kachnov(m): 11:22pm On Jan 22, 2015
theGuest:

It's not a projector! It doesn't project any light at any wavelength. It is augmented reality. I'm assuming you're an authority on oncology but be that as it may, it pays to have an open mind.

I know,hence the word assume .I do have basic knowledge on waves,wavelengths and holographic imagining and yes I'm very open minded about technological advances,to know that a wave is always needed to transmit light of any sort through space/vacuum .If its very advanced ,then UV/ gamma etc rays must be used.
That's my opinion tho.
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by kachnov(m): 11:23pm On Jan 22, 2015

they'll improve on it with time , just as they did to other techs.
Yes and the first victims would be collateral damage of the technology wars.haha
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by aniagoluaustin(m): 5:57am On Jan 23, 2015
coooooooool
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by theGuest: 7:57am On Jan 23, 2015
kachnov:

I know,hence the word assume .I do have basic knowledge on waves,wavelengths and holographic imagining and yes I'm very open minded about technological advances,to know that a wave is always needed to transmit light of any sort through space/vacuum .If its very advanced ,then UV/ gamma etc rays must be used.
That's my opinion tho.

Ooook! Now, I understand. You're definitely right.
However, we can forgive Microsoft for being sensational because the HoloLens does not work with Holographic technology at all. In reality, it is just an Heads-Up Display with a very advance Augmented reality display that makes the output look like Holograms. You can't see its output with the naked eyes because there is no three-dimensional projection, which is which is what Hologram is really.
However, the good thing is that Microsoft has positioned their HoloLens as something you use when you need it, not something that you wear all the time . . . not like a Bluetooth headset you always have on.
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by ceaser: 8:33am On Jan 23, 2015
dasphinx1:
All i can say is WOW!!!!!! The eventual unification of Windows across all platforms!!!! Awesome!!!!!!

Go Windows! Go Windows!! Go!!!
Rocking a Lumia device.
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by jokesmaster: 8:35am On Jan 23, 2015

all apps run on my win 8.1 , why won't all compatible apps run on yours undecided

Nope Bro...Leet Apps Would Never Run On It
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by ceaser: 8:36am On Jan 23, 2015
bigtt76:
Another 'wasteful' project in the making .....you will tell me back grin

But the "Google glass" was not a wasteful project, I guess.
Sorry, the public opinion about the glass is unfortunately negative but this MSFT hologram, is being expected with much fanfare.
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by ceaser: 8:49am On Jan 23, 2015
Ilekeh:

For Windows 7/8 undecided

I'm using windows 2000

Windows 2000 kwa? Eeya, sorry o.
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by Mistaarhlohki(m): 8:50am On Jan 23, 2015
bigtt76:
Another 'wasteful' project in the making .....you will tell me back grin

Yeye deh inside the food u chop Abi....#behave
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by ceaser: 9:20am On Jan 23, 2015
cupidhero:
It is a beautiful OS. The UI is like heaven. I love everything about it but i don't trust cortana.....These girls ain't loyal! grin grin
she might even take shots of me cheating on my GF and use it as a wallpaper when my GF shows up without me telling her to do it.
The spartan browser will surely kickass. Cortana is better than siri and google assistant according to the demo videos i have seen. I don't see virtual reality as a finished technology...alot still need to be done. BTW windows 10 is better than windows 7 and windows XP,IMO.

That Cortana heh? Na every Tom, Dyck and Harry she dey roll with. She's fee for all meeeen.

The other day I asked her "Do you have a boyfriend?"
"Okay, we'll need a plan. I'll work at being more human while you work at being more digital", she cooed.

Suspecting she's trying to avoid a direct answer, I then asked her the more direct question "Cortana d'you like me?"

Shockingly she responded, "I bet you ask the same question from others", she retorted.

Sensing she might be pissed, I whispered, "Are you angry?"
"Um. no". She said.

Not convinced, I asked again, "Are you mad?"
"Anger overheats my processor", she replied but this time more assuredly.

Screenshots below for those in doubt

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by ceaser: 10:09am On Jan 23, 2015
adanny01:
iI never like windows 8 finish then come jump 9 go 10? Mtcheeew

cheesy There was actually no Windows 9. It was a leap from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, (what people believe to be the "One Windows" concept as is shown by pictures by the OP).
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by Adeyinka12(m): 10:42am On Jan 23, 2015
ceaser:

That Cortana heh? Na every Tom, Dyck and Harry she dey roll with. She's fee for all meeeen.

The other day I asked her "Do you have a boyfriend?"
"Okay, we'll need a plan. I'll work at being more human while you work at being more digital",

Suspecting she's trying to avoid a direct answer, I then asked her the more direct question "Cortana d'you like me?"

Shockingly she responded, "I bet you ask the same question from others", she retorted.

Sensing she might be pissed, I whispered, "Are you angry?"
"Um. no". She said.

Not convinced, I asked again, "Are you mad?"
"Anger overheats my processor", she replied but this time more assuredly.

Screenshots below for those in doubt
hmmm,u tried
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by ceaser: 11:06am On Jan 23, 2015
danizy:
that's wot d king of my village uses..mtcheeeew

Oh, of course. You mean him? grin

Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by gbodimowo(m): 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
jokesmaster:
Mtcheeew..Na Windows 7 Ultimate sure pass joor...

All apps wont run on it undecided undecided undecided ...jux like the junior bro (windows eight)
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by ufelove(m): 9:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing by AKKKN: 9:14am On Sep 26, 2015
more of science and technology, check out www.knowlophy.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Best ISP In Nigeria? / Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. / USA Used HP Elite Book 840 G3 Core I5 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.