Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,277 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (184000 Views)

The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers / 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 23, 2015
This is poor when I earn N1m everyday.
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:41am On Jan 23, 2015
joker5180:
thats take home; rent subsidy, peculiary allowance and consolidated salary. though 'earned' allowances are not included- these are not monthly allowances.
thanks
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 23, 2015
what are these people saying,that the salary is not much ehn,abeg their salaries is OK ah,what are they doing self,mcheeew
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 23, 2015
biowal:
This is poor when I earn N1m everyday.
osole,( money ritual)
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Sibrah: 7:52am On Jan 23, 2015
Good enough for food-on-the-table and basic needs to a decent standard. Anything recurrent scares our leaders so much, so i don't expect any significant increase soon.
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by AKPARAJA: 8:28am On Jan 23, 2015
[quote author=Ellidude post=30036467]Calm down, six million is not an easy money to come by yearly. Have you for once thought about what the lowest class of our civil service earn yearly? Some of whom have more kids to cater for than lecturers.
[/quote This is true to a large extent but the allowances are not included oooo cos my in law who is a professor takes home 750k monthly while a director in civil service earns 120k
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 23, 2015
Ellidude:
Calm down, six million is not an easy money to come by yearly. Have you for once thought about what the lowest class of our civil service earn yearly? Some of whom have more kids to cater for than lecturers.

They have more kids than lecturers? Laugh no go kill me!
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by paix(m): 9:21am On Jan 23, 2015
A professor's salary should be at least 20m P.A.
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by infocabal(m): 9:33am On Jan 23, 2015
This statistics is wrong!!!!
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by mrbionic: 10:40am On Jan 23, 2015
Our in the sector, this is just basic salary, tertiary(uni) institution is one of the highest paying sector, not to mention about tet fund available for training of staffs, lecturers now flog to UK for various degrees and conferences. GEJ is indeed working
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by mrbionic: 10:41am On Jan 23, 2015
I am in the sector, this is just basic salary, tertiary(uni) institution is one of the highest paying sector, not to mention about tet fund available for training of staffs, lecturers now flog to UK for various degrees and conferences. GEJ is indeed working
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by rozayx5(m): 11:21am On Jan 23, 2015
ebamma:
make i hear word abeg, minimum wage in this country is 18k which equals 216k per annum, anybody earning 3million plus per annum with good planning can buy a ride and build a house within 5yrs,
and some of those lecturers make extra income from teaching in private universities and schools

lol house get type. how many children if i may ask
and last time i checked land in many major cities cost 10m and above
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by rozayx5(m): 11:24am On Jan 23, 2015
cozy7:
WHAT'S YOUR OWN SALARY?

i am unlimited like glo cheesy
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by gotousa2013: 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
It's not attractive at all. my salary as I dey work in private coy is on the same level with a senior lecturers sef.
No wonder there is poor standard of education in our tertiary institutions.

1 Like

Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by megastu(m): 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
Allowances are not included in this.
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Blackkie: 4:19pm On Jan 23, 2015
Abeg, this income bracket is too good for someone living in Nigeria!
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by MoreWahala: 5:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
Cajetanspeaks:
I 'm not a GMB fan, just trying to find out if you are wishing 170 million nigerians evil or good. Obviously you do not wish nigeria well.
U also don't mean good for Nigeria by prefering a man that set our democracy backward by the coup he hoisted over the present Democratic President Jonathan.
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by lawson007(m): 10:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
In those days we were made to believe that certain jobs are for the good name and making meaningful impact on the society and young ones.we used to see the teaching profession as the symbol of "a good name is better than riches" and teacher's(by extention LECTURER'S) reward is in heaven;but gone are those days.Today what we find are the lecturer's feeling bad that their products are better paid in one oil firm or the other company.You see lecturers eyeing what senators and politicians are earning.If they have their way they would also belly-ache about why an illiterate business man/trader should make more money than them from simple unintellectual buying and selling.Where is the honour of the profession?Has it now become all about money?Lecturer are more interested in money more than the future of the students or the next generation.Their strikes have hitherto been synonymous with one thing:pay rise.Their interest is their pocket like any other profession out there.So why not change lane and become a politician rather than feeling jealous(Ooops..professors are now running for political offices).If you can't stand the heat then leave the kitchen.Lecturing should be all about honour,respect and good name not about rat race to earn higher than others and drive expensive cars or build mansions.Contentment should come in since money is not the central focus abi.Time na money they always say and what they lack in remuneration i think is well accounted for by the excess free time(money) they have at their disposal.They want to eat their cake and have it.I am against the idea of lecturer asking for more pay because of what another person is earning and i believe that they should be ok with what they are receiving now,they are better than 90% of other sectors.Let us see justification for this jumbo pay they are now getting first.By the way,i know for a fact,that Rozayx5 is salary-unlimited indeed that is why he felt pity for their pay that doesn't mean it is as bad as we are making it seem.
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by initiate: 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
you did not include other benefits, car, house medical, travels, pensions etc
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by AbdulArc(m): 8:13am On Feb 02, 2015
if you ar a part time lecturer how much do you earn pls in federal universities or federal polytecnics
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 03, 2015
initiate:
you did not include other benefits, car, house medical, travels, pensions etc
are you dreaming?
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by cricifixo: 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
u did a good job in providing this info. pls do u have an idea of what state universities pay look like, abia state university to be precise. thanks bro
Emmafe:
Find below the Salary Scale and Conditions of Service as obtainable by Lecturers and some other staff in Nigerian Universities:
Salary Scale of Lecturers in Nigerian University

i Professor CONUASS 7 (N4,580,349 – N6,020,163.00)p.a.

ii Reader CONUASS 6 (N3,768,221 – N5,004,750.00)p.a.

iii Senior Lecturer CONUASS 5 (N3,091,505-N4,455,506.00)p.a.

iv Lecturer I CONUASS 4 (N2,079,996 – N2,684,010.00)p.a.

v Lecturer II CONUASS 3 (N1,649,509 – N1,979,640.00)pa.

LIBRARY CADRE
i. Deputy Unuversity
Librarian
CONUASS 6 (N3,768,221 – N5,004,750.00)p.a.

ii. Principal Librarian CONUASS 5 (N3,091,505 – N4,455,506.00)p.a.

iii. Senior Librarian CONUASS 4 (N2,079,996 – N2,684,010.00) p.a.

iv. Librarian I CONUASS 3 (N1,649,509- N1,979,640.00)p.a

v. Librarian II CONUASS 2 (N1,451,071 – N1,754,902.00)pa.

vi. Graduate Librarian CONUASS 1 (N1,263,377- N1,447,767.00)p.a

NON-TEACHING (SENIOR ) STAFF CADRE
i. CONTISS 13 (N2,723,069 – N3,632,404.00)p.a.

ii. CONTISS 12 (N2,014,717 –N2,827,525.00)p.a.

iii. CONTISS 11 (N1,823,167 – N2,578,127.00)p.a.

iv. CONTISS 9 (N1,449,363 –N2,109,627.00)p.a.

v. CONTISS 8 (N1,247,854 – N1,855,515.00)p.a.

vi. CONTISS 7 (N1,073,217- N1,589,508.00)p.a.

v. CONTISS 6 (N698,251 – N1,062,683.00)p.a.
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by sam1990(m): 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
na lie come to eksu,our lectures money are not up to that.millions ke eeeeeeeeee
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by cricifixo: 5:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
sir, i want to know if state universities are on d same salary scale as federal universities, absu to be precise. thanks
mrbionic:
I am in the sector, this is just basic salary, tertiary(uni) institution is one of the highest paying sector, not to mention about tet fund available for training of staffs, lecturers now flog to UK for various degrees and conferences. GEJ is indeed working
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by simplibaba(m): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
sam1990:
na lie come to eksu,our lectures money are not up to that.millions ke eeeeeeeeee

Do they display their paycheck to you?
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by kaybaby: 8:45am On Aug 30, 2015
Ellidude:
Calm down, six million is not an easy money to come by yearly. Have you for once thought about what the lowest class of our civil service earn yearly? Some of whom have more kids to cater for than lecturers.

That salary is miserable. Research cost money. All the expenses for your research are Included in that salary as we all know the government doesn't support research. To publish papers and grow in the career you need publications and doe that you must conduct research. I have been in countries where anything you need for research is given by the University. You must go for conferences it cost money. Please try and understand the academic world before jumping into conclusions. That salary is just too small.

5 Likes

Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by mrbionic: 3:06am On Jan 29, 2016
cricifixo:
sir, i want to know if state universities are on d same salary scale as federal universities, absu to be precise. thanks
Yes of cause, except some allowances are not paid in state uni as compared to fed. Though that is not how it suppose to be.
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Adeolu4(m): 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
Come to unilorin, u will see lecturer driving Nissan pathfinder
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by greg286: 7:52pm On Mar 12, 2017
Assistant lecturer in ABSU earns how much, tkx guys
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by kennygirl(f): 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2017
Lecturer 2 in olabisi Onabanjo University are collecting 98k as salary.. I saw it
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by iaamxavier(m): 9:44pm On Jun 10, 2017
Yabatech lecturers earn 300k monthly yes my HOD drives a bulletproof prado..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Schools & Their 2012/2013 UTME Cut-off Marks / LASPOTECH CHAT ROOM / University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.