Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold (43824 Views)

BREAKING: INEC Announces That Elections Will Continue Tomorrow / INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 / Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by OsamaB: 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
Liés with a french accent

1 Like

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by kino: 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Sharia reporters are working for APC. They have staged a bomb scare in Buhari's campaign today so that they will dissociate themselves from bokoharam. That is how they framed a bomb blast on Buhari's convoy last year. Shekau came to tell us that Buhari is an infidel but they nominated him as their negotiator.

Here is my take
Bokoharam are this administration's enemies
All the enemies are now in APC
therefore APC is Bokoharam

Seconded that newspaper is the right arm of APC. Can't take anything from them seriously. Very biased reporting.

GMB secondary school is not enough to rule 170m people it is an insult to graduates up and down the nation.

GEJ till 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
ayukdaboss:
Jonathan Promises to create UNEMPLOYMENT if voted into power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbNC3gZkOjE&feature=youtu.be

OMG we are going to create unemployment please watch this video people

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by fxskye: 6:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Sharia reporters are working for APC. They have staged a bomb scare in Buhari's campaign today so that they will dissociate themselves from bokoharam. That is how they framed a bomb blast on Buhari's convoy last year. Shekau came to tell us that Buhari is an infidel but they nominated him as their negotiator.

Here is my take

And GEJ can't deal with them as a C-in-C?

1 Like

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by macaphan007(m): 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
who ever is advising the President doesnt wish him well @ all,if for one reason i fear Nigerians when they unit against their Leader.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by XploraBen(m): 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
What's the insidious motive behind this?Just hope he'll open up on this.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Frankiss44(m): 6:35pm On Jan 22, 2015
beopened:

Why are some of you so fond of deceiving yourselves like this

The National Security Adviser was sent by his Principal to Chatham House London to sound out the International Community about shifting the elections

If you have not seen the Handwriting of CHANGE on the walls........too bad

Buhari's rallies have been fear-inducing to PDP with which ever state he goes to shutting down........

Zamfara rally was held around 11pm with mammoth crowd who have been at the campaign ground since morning and refused to go until they catch a glimpse of Buhari

PDP inner caucus know that the dynamics of this election is remarkably different from that of 2011......to pretend it is not is to get the greatest shocker of their lives

And who gives a Bleep about zamfara state? When did they become the determining factor? They can sleep in the campaign ground two days before their general arrives and it won't change anything......

So many people are in for a shocker...

I dey laugh...

2 Likes

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by lastmessenger: 6:35pm On Jan 22, 2015
beopened:

Why are some of you so fond of deceiving yourselves like this

The National Security Adviser was sent by his Principal to Chatham House London to sound out the International Community about shifting the elections

If you have not seen the Handwriting of CHANGE on the walls........too bad

Buhari's rallies have been fear-inducing to PDP with which ever state he goes to shutting down........

Zamfara rally was held around 11pm with mammoth crowd who have been at the campaign ground since morning and refused to go until they catch a glimpse of Buhari

PDP inner caucus know that the dynamics of this election is remarkably different from that of 2011......to pretend it is not is to get the greatest shocker of their lives
There is no change anywhere. We want continuity and that must stay.

2 Likes

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by free2ryhme: 6:35pm On Jan 22, 2015
Pdp e-warrior suddenly gone numb

Silence has taken over

7 Likes

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by scobaba: 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2015
KwoiZabo:

Here is my take

grin smart one.

2 Likes

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
merlina:
The fear of GMB..................
This is a plan to ensure GMB dies before 6 months run out grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by hesinbergx(m): 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
hmmmmmm

i rest my case.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

There is no change anywhere. We want continuity and that must stay.

By the time votes are counted and GEJ is defeated,tell him not to leave

1 Like

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Barywhyte(m): 6:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
shadowgwalker:
go back to school boy. don't be like buhari your father.

haters! you are to return to school instead.

1 Like

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by eluquenson(m): 6:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
Jonathan doesn't want to lose
Jonathan is scared of GMB
Jonathan is a loser.

Election must hold
He should be on his way to Otuoke

5 Likes

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by scobaba: 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
sherrylo:
WHAT IS JONA AFRAID OF?

hes afraid of being fuc.ked.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
Here is my take
therefore APC is Bokoharam[/quote]fallacy of Non Sequitur. So common Nigerians who now support the APC and dissociate themselves from the failure of GEJ are enemy of the government? Even GEJ admitted that Bokoharam is in his cabinet, therefore, the federal creates it's own enemies by failing to do the right thing. Corruption, insecurity, are our common enemy which the govt has failed to tackle. The govt led by GEJ is the enemy of Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by bigwallace(m): 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
kino:

Seconded that newspaper is the right arm of APC. Can't take anything from them seriously. Very biased reporting.

GMB secondary school is not enough to rule 170m people it is an insult to graduates up and down the nation.

GEJ till 2019.
you re notin but a fool,stupid pdp dog

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by PLEXPLEX(m): 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
This guys r the real enemies of Nigeria. What rubbish!
Sahara desert rubbish
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by sirfemoz(m): 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
Let the mind game begin.. He who is wise should understand the game, the unwise ones will still continue to argue, throw blames and jubilate....

#February14
#GEJWins_2015

2 Likes

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
KwoiZabo:

Here is my take
fallacy of Non Sequitur. So common Nigerians who now support the APC and dissociate themselves from the failure of GEJ are enemy of the government? Even GEJ admitted that Bokoharam is in his cabinet, therefore, the federal government creates it's own enemies by failing to do the right thing. Corruption, insecurity, are our common enemy which the govt has failed to tackle. The govt led by GEJ is the enemy of Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by africanqueen111(f): 6:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
We hav nt even enter d month of febuary, som pipo don get high vp

1 Like

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by globalresource: 6:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
#NoPostponement
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
iresearcher:
A lot can be achieved in 6 months.

Quickly jail a number of opposition on corruption charges

"dash" students school fees etc but they will be shocked to discover that after 6 months, he will still be voted out

See other links on the issue

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-rejects-nsa-sambos-call-to-postpone-elections/

http://www.thecable.ng/nsa-wants-2015-e

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/01/22/nsa-advices-inec-to-postpone-2015-elections/

So its not only Sahara Reporters

Meanwhile, I saw this online

Abwest I have learnt a lot from the Buhari certificate monomania. Since it happened i started looking for all my certificate. Infact i have safely kept the receipt for my jamb form, post jamb, lecture notes, textbook, photos infact my signing out white vest too. Who knows anybody may request for it. If someone who schooled before independence can be asked to present his certificate who am i. If you are lucky enough to still have your secondary school uniform and sandal please keep it. Who knows any clueless person can ask for it.
Lol
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by gabriel212: 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
iresearcher:
A lot can be achieved in 6 months.

Quickly jail a number of opposition on corruption charges

"dash" students school fees etc but they will be shocked to discover that after 6 months, he will still be voted out

See other links on the issue

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/01/22/nsa-advices-inec-to-postpone-2015-elections/

So its not only Sahara Reporters

Meanwhile, I saw this online

Abwest I have learnt a lot from the Buhari certificate monomania. Since it happened i started looking for all my certificate. Infact i have safely kept the receipt for my jamb form, post jamb, lecture notes, textbook, photos infact my signing out white vest too. Who knows anybody may request for it. If someone who schooled before independence can be asked to present his certificate who am i. If you are lucky enough to still have your secondary school uniform and sandal please keep it. Who knows any clueless person can ask for it.
guy in fact u dey mad gon!
con c ow i dwy laff for house
which one b sch uniform again?
u Don kolo

3 Likes

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Ilekeh(f): 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
Tinubu:

JONATHAN FOR OTUEKE 2015

grin
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by OLADD: 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
akinzeb:
Plans by President Goodluck Jonathan and his team to scuttle the general elections scheduled for February have come to light, with National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki openly calling for postponement of the elections.

Sambo spoke at a Chattam House lecture in London, offering the excuse that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has not distributed Permanent Voters Cards across the country as was expected.

SaharaReporters had reported several months ago that President Goodluck Jonathan was reluctant to hold national elections because his popularity had dwindled considerably and he feared losing the election.

In the last few days, as the popularity of General Muhammadu Buhari for the presidency has grown, Mr. Jonathan has spent vast sums of money mobilizing people to call for the postponement of the elections.

INEC spokesperson, Kayode Idowu told SaharaReporters today that INEC was not aware of Col. Dasuki’s suggestion, and that the elections will hold as scheduled.

Several sources connected to the presidency told SaharaReporters that President Jonathan wants the elections to be postponed for at least six months, a period that will enable him to appoint a new INEC chairman of his liking to oversee the elections. Professor Attahiru Jega’s tenure expires in July 2015.

With Jega out of the way, Jonathan would appoint another INEC chairman who would further postponement of the election.

SaharaReporters sources stated that President Jonathan is seriously considering an “Interim Government of National Unity” that would elongate his tenure till 2017. That would mean he spends eight years in power as President, the equivalent of two terms.

In 2011 as he assumed office, his first effort was to call for a new six-year term arrangement, which was shot down by Nigerians. He also recently attempted to smuggle in a new constitution by the back door through the National Conference.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/22/jonathan-wants-elections-postponed-6-months-inec-says-elections-will-hold-scheduled

Like OP, like Sahara Reporters. Dasuki just like any other govt officials have right to his opinion and that should not be devilishly taken as the general consensus or official position of Jonathan's govt. And come to think of it, was the reason cited by Dasuki for postponement not germaine? What it's a free and fair election if more than 50% of potential voters are disenfranchised by INEC? It's equally curious for Jonathan to be accused of planning Interim Govt when his govt was the first to raise an alarm over a sinister and clandestine move by OBJ and other disgruntled elements to destabilize the polity and install an interim govt? Why is Sahara Reporters hell bent in bringing Jonathan and his administration down? And for overzealous and dreaming APC goons, whether the elections are held as scheduled or not, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan WILL WIN the presidential election even if it's held tomorrow.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Abdulkareem407(m): 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
grin grin grin
See Fear abeg... Jona neva see anything..

GMB baba... Seru bawon bi Lion
GMB baba... Bi oti e digbo oti wole

Jona... Bofe bo ko, wa pada si Otuoke, ile baba omo ki bomo leru

Kai Jonathan grin grin grin

Sai Buhari... Jirgin talakawa... Clear Road...

@De topic, So when de Certificate issue did'nt work now, he want de election 2 be Postpone... Lwkmd grin grin grin

We Say NO... U must go back 2 Otuoke dat is where u belongs too...

#Teamchange

1 Like

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by pring: 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
Nigerian Breaking News wrote:

REVEALED: Jonathan, PDP
embark on election
extension campaign, bribe
TV stations, newspapers
houses to support plan
Jonathan and the PDP have
perfected plans to shift the
February polls for another
three months.
The Monitors gathered
from a reliable source that
due to daily security
reports received by
President Jonathan that he
will lose the forthcoming
election woefully, the only
option left is to shift the
elections for three months
in the first instance and for
another three months in
the second instance.
The security reports which
are not favourable to
Jonathan are daily getting
worse for the President as
the Buhari tsunami rages
daily. With what is on
ground now, it is clear that
Jonathan will lose to
Buhari with a wide
margin! This is why the
PDP hawks came up with
series of plans to stop the
election and push for an
interim government.
The first of the plans is to
hide under insurgency and
the fact that Nigeria is at
war to shift the elections.
But INEC did not agree
with this position as it told
Nigerians about its
readiness to conduct the
elections. According to
INEC, both sensitive and
non - sensitive materials
are ready. Also about 70%
of voters have collected
their PVCs.
The second plan is the DSS
unwarranted invasion of
the APC Data centre with
the allegation that APC has
hacked into INEC database
but later told Nigerians
that APC was trying to
clone Permanent Voters
Cards (PVC cards) without
evidence to back up the
accusation. The actual plan
of the DSS which failed was
to accuse APC of hacking
into INEC database and
that this had destroyed the
database as a result of
which elections shall be
postponed. This option
also failed as INEC did not
complain that its database
was hacked into by the
APC or any other
organisation!
The third option is to start
aggressive campaign
about the "Buhari's no
certificate issue". The PDP
started shouting on the
rooftops that Buhari has
no certificate but INEC did
not agree with them.
When the PDP would not
stop pestering INEC over
the certificate issue, PDP
was advised to go to court
but up till today, the PDP
has not gone to court!
Meanwhile, the Military
institution which Buhari
attended in tthe USA
(United States War College)
confirmed in writing that
the certificate Buhari
obtained from them is
equivalent to Masters
Degree. That put paid to
the "Buhari no certificate
campaign". So the third
plan also failed.
Fourthly, they moved to
the fake health record and
false report of Buhari's ill
health. PDP and its
handlers circulated a
forged health report that
Buhari has prostrate cancer
and that he has been
flown out to the USA for an
undisclosed ailment.
Buhari himself debunked
this report and continued
with his campaign in two
states that he was
scheduled to visit on that
day.
The fifth and the latest plot
to shift the elections is by
using certain TV Houses to
invite speakers to their
stations to start arguing in
favour of election
postponement. In this plot,
AIT owned by PDP
chieftain Dokpesi), NTA,
Silverbird and (STV, owned
by Ben Bruce, PDP
Senatorial Candidate in
Bayelsa State) got
N1billion each for this
purpose.
The Monitors got this
information two days ago
and it was confirmed on
AIT Kakaaki this morning
when four guests were
invited to the station to
start arguing in favour of
election postponement.
The guests were, former
Labour Party Chairman,
Dan Anyanwu, Tanko
Yinusa from Kaduna State,
Alhaj. Shehu Musa former
Chief of Staff to Bauchi
Governor and Mr. Yinka
Odumakin. They argued in
favour of election
postponement as
predicted.
This is a frightening
scenario that constitutes
clear and present danger.
This is a serious threat to
the 2015 elections. We call
on all Nigerians of
goodwill, civil society
coalitions, pressure groups
and the International
Community to rise up and
ask Jonathan to start
telling Nigerians how he
will hand over power.
From the look of things,
Jonathan is not ready to
relinquish power even if he
loses in February. He needs
to be given the Burkina
Faso treatment!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
Why should INEC hold elections on FEBUHARI in the first place.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by alomeda600(m): 6:49pm On Jan 22, 2015
ayukdaboss:
Jonathan Promises to create UNEMPLOYMENT if voted into power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbNC3gZkOjE&feature=youtu.be
***OMG***

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Blood, Saliva Found In Mouth Of Dead Deputy Governor / Original Copy Of Photo Of Milk Maids At The Back Of The N10 Note / Embarrassing Photos Of Imo Govt House As Governor Ihedioha Tours Around Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.