Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold (43820 Views)

BREAKING: INEC Announces That Elections Will Continue Tomorrow / INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 / Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by angelsing(m): 8:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
Geophem:
my problem isnt buhari winning @ the polls comes feb. 2015 bt it is for nigerians calling for another change in 2019 because neither GEJ nor BUHARI is capable of taking us to the promise land......APC + PDP = assemly of thieves and rogues
My brother don't sit on the fence ooo...A template had to be set and it will be a gradual process, at list let our citizen feel secure in their country

1 Like

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by fyneboi79(m): 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
alaoeri:
They have all see the handwriting on the wall that defeat is looming so they want to loot & create more havoc, election will take place on FEBUHARI 14, no hiding place for the clueless one.
Sai Buhari
Just like Spartacus,a mere slave has become more popular and loved than the emperor. Gej should have watched that film before now and learn not to toy with emotions of the people undecided

1 Like

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by citizenY(m): 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
Frankiss44:

And who gives a Bleep about zamfara state? When did they become the determining factor? They can sleep in the campaign ground two days before their general arrives and it won't change anything......

So many people are in for a shocker...

I dey laugh...

One vote from Zamfara checkmates your own, stup id.

1 Like

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by adconline(m): 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
Cluelessness of this administration knows no bound. If elections are postponed by 6months, GEJ would have been in power for more than 4 years, thereby violating the constitution and making his authority illegal. He also needs the constitution changed to accommodate a-4& 1/2 yr presidency.. Changing the constitution takes more time and resources than holding an election..

1 Like

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by AUSVINS(m): 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2015
shadowgwalker:
go back to school boy. don't be like buhari your father.
He made point with fact and you said he should go back to school without disputing any of what he said.I think you are the one who really needs to go back to school.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by ptolemy247(m): 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
angelsing:
Every previous president are better than him...At list all past leaders never made their citizen become Refugee in their own country
You make me laugh!!! So Gowon didn't make the Igbos refugees in their our country...Buhari did not make Journalists and politicians refugees in their own country? Obasanjo did not make the people of Ife and Modakeke feel like refugees in their own country? Nobody gave a hoot about all that but they give a damn because it is GEJ...please tell me another story
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by wolexino(m): 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2015
ayukdaboss:
Jonathan Promises to create UNEMPLOYMENT if voted into power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbNC3gZkOjE&feature=youtu.be

u can imagine nd dose idiot were shouting wen GMB called his vice Osinbade
sai buhari
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by citizenY(m): 9:25pm On Jan 22, 2015
dokunbam:
Jonathan be like I told you to leave Buhari alone

Let him win the election, See the shame you guys have brought on me

I wonder!!!!!!!!

Dem punch, kick, bite.headbutt, stone,pinch am, poor sand sand, the man still stand.

What will they think of next

Many of us have lost interest in this election because these politicians have polarised the society.

They want us to start fighting on the streets before electiom day and this is very unfortunate.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
fandango:
o boy go join apc at once na s'dat i kn whr ur comin from,nt to scramble any topic jst to draw trafic to ur corner abeg. Bring credible topics n positv debateabl topc
a sign of defeat
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by deejayterabyte(m): 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Sharia reporters are working for APC. They have staged a bomb scare in Buhari's campaign today so that they will dissociate themselves from bokoharam. That is how they framed a bomb blast on Buhari's convoy last year. Shekau came to tell us that Buhari is an infidel but they nominated him as their negotiator.

Here is my take
Bokoharam are this administration's enemies
All the enemies are now in APC
therefore APC is Bokoharam

1 Like

Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by bashydemy(m): 10:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
9jatriot:
Sahara reporters have been right on too many issues in recent times for me to just dismiss this as rumor.
So punch, channels etc are also rumors.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by XYZ123: 10:14pm On Jan 22, 2015
dre11:
No going back

We are going to have this election on the stipulated date
The fear of buhari has cause the government to go clueless just like their leaders

We say no to them
We Nigerians are more informed than ever before
We don't fall into cheap blackmail of result, age, religion and your abuse

We stand for what is right
And the right things is......... We reject GEJ
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by 9jatriot(m): 10:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
bashydemy:
So punch, channels etc are also rumors.

Easy guy/babe. The OP only provided sahara reporters initially, the other papers were added later.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by mustymatic(m): 10:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
The Igbo Internet thugs who campaign for
Goodluck Jonathan are an utter disgrace to
humankind. They are, indeed, a strange species
of homo sapiens. Maybe, they are a hybrid of
homo erectus and home sapiens!
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Skillz02(m): 10:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Sharia reporters are working for APC. They have staged a bomb scare in Buhari's campaign today so that they will dissociate themselves from bokoharam. That is how they framed a bomb blast on Buhari's convoy last year. Shekau came to tell us that Buhari is an infidel but they nominated him as their negotiator.

Here is my take
Keep dreaming!!!
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by jagagbosa(m): 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2015
KwoiZabo:

Here is my take
is APC also responsible for corruption, is APC also responsible for indiscipline in jonathan adminstration..what are we talking abt here less than a month to election our weak president reduced fuel prize by just 10naira who does that ??...we a disciplined Man like buhari not a boy who has no shoes and doesn't no what leadership means... Keep supporting People Decieve People aka PDP...una go loose
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by angelsing(m): 10:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
ptolemy247:

You make me laugh!!! So Gowon didn't make the Igbos refugees in their our country...Buhari did not make Journalists and politicians refugees in their own country? Obasanjo did not make the people of Ife and Modakeke feel like refugees in their own country? Nobody gave a hoot about all that but they give a damn because it is GEJ...please tell me another story
comparing the civil war to this is like comparing Cat and mouse likewise comparing a ife and modakeke too is just baseless....too many school boy mistake from this present president to the point people now call him names
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by bashydemy(m): 11:02pm On Jan 22, 2015
9jatriot:

Easy guy/babe. The OP only provided sahara reporters initially, the other papers were added later.
Oh..ok But why did you guys find it difficult to believe any news from sahara reporter?
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Frankiss44(m): 11:07pm On Jan 22, 2015
citizenY:

One vote from Zamfara checkmates your own, stup id.

Unlike yours that won't be valid... Ani.mal
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by 9jatriot(m): 11:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
bashydemy:
Oh..ok But why did you guys find it difficult to believe any news from sahara reporter?

Funny enough, I do. They usually report news quite a while before the others pick it. They have however made some goof in the past that has made a lot of people more skeptic about them.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by lexxylalas2(m): 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
akinzeb:
Plans by President Goodluck Jonathan and his team to scuttle the general elections scheduled for February have come to light, with National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki openly calling for postponement of the elections.

Sambo spoke at a Chattam House lecture in London, offering the excuse that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has not distributed Permanent Voters Cards across the country as was expected.

SaharaReporters had reported several months ago that President Goodluck Jonathan was reluctant to hold national elections because his popularity had dwindled considerably and he feared losing the election.

In the last few days, as the popularity of General Muhammadu Buhari for the presidency has grown, Mr. Jonathan has spent vast sums of money mobilizing people to call for the postponement of the elections.

INEC spokesperson, Kayode Idowu told SaharaReporters today that INEC was not aware of Col. Dasuki’s suggestion, and that the elections will hold as scheduled.

Several sources connected to the presidency told SaharaReporters that President Jonathan wants the elections to be postponed for at least six months, a period that will enable him to appoint a new INEC chairman of his liking to oversee the elections. Professor Attahiru Jega’s tenure expires in July 2015.

With Jega out of the way, Jonathan would appoint another INEC chairman who would further postponement of the election.

SaharaReporters sources stated that President Jonathan is seriously considering an “Interim Government of National Unity” that would elongate his tenure till 2017. That would mean he spends eight years in power as President, the equivalent of two terms.

In 2011 as he assumed office, his first effort was to call for a new six-year term arrangement, which was shot down by Nigerians. He also recently attempted to smuggle in a new constitution by the back door through the National Conference.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/22/jonathan-wants-elections-postponed-6-months-inec-says-elections-will-hold-scheduled

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-rejects-nsa-sambos-call-to-postpone-elections/

http://www.thecable.ng/nsa-wants-2015-e

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/01/22/nsa-advices-inec-to-postpone-2015-elections/
Story for the Gods.fake story..
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by elohorayodele: 11:49pm On Jan 22, 2015
basty:
I see Jonathan loosing the election.
This kind trash cannot happen in Norway. I am enjoying my life in the cold in Oslo. Ìsé ló somonù bí òkò.

I have modified this thread and talk tough that, If mujahedeen and mujahedeenat Asari Dokubo common criminal elevated to the extent of sharing and fronting for GEJ to plunder Nigerian oil resources. We shall turn Niger Delta to rubbles blow off the oil rigs.

May your region have exactly What you wish others
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by omolami: 12:08am On Jan 23, 2015
Election can hold provided all eligeble voters get their pvcs,anyhing contrary means disenfrachisetment.
Remember inec still has about 30million pvcs unclaimed
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Hollarbeece(f): 12:09am On Jan 23, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
shadowgwalker:
go back to school boy. don't be like buhari your father.
eranko! U no dey think nee?
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by james2man: 12:21am On Jan 23, 2015
iresearcher:
A lot can be achieved in 6 months.

Quickly jail a number of opposition on corruption charges

"dash" students school fees etc but they will be shocked to discover that after 6 months, he will still be voted out

See other links on the issue

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-rejects-nsa-sambos-call-to-postpone-elections/

http://www.thecable.ng/nsa-wants-2015-e

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/01/22/nsa-advices-inec-to-postpone-2015-elections/

So its not only Sahara Reporters

Meanwhile, I saw this online

Abwest I have learnt a lot from the Buhari certificate monomania. Since it happened i started looking for all my certificate. Infact i have safely kept the receipt for my jamb form, post jamb, lecture notes, textbook, photos infact my signing out white vest too. Who knows anybody may request for it. If someone who schooled before independence can be asked to present his certificate who am i. If you are lucky enough to still have your secondary school uniform and sandal please keep it. Who knows any clueless person can ask for it.

This is very funny... PDP has fallen, if the CHIBOK girls issue were taken so serious just like the way the PDP are serious about seeing a CERTIFICATE conducting series of meetings over CERTIFICATE ISSUE. those helpless girls would have been rescued.

They have created a scene of shame to themselves thinking they are making mockery of Gen. Buhari. Very disappointing, they put aside relevant issues that need to be address and focus on CERTIFICATE. What a shame.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by bashydemy(m): 12:36am On Jan 23, 2015
9jatriot:

Funny enough, I do. They usually report news quite a while before the others pick it. They have however made some goof in the past that has made a lot of people more skeptic about them.
but out of 10 news they have genuine of about 8
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by 9jatriot(m): 12:39am On Jan 23, 2015
bashydemy:
but out of 10 news they have genuine of about 8

I agree with you. But in recent times, it has risen to 11 out of 10. LOL. Well, u get my drift, hence my first statement.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by citizenY(m): 12:51am On Jan 23, 2015
Frankiss44:

Unlike yours that won't be valid... Ani.mal

Arrant nonsense. One vote from Zamfara checkmates yours while mine is still intact. You must be stupid not to realise that.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by lekantruth: 1:15am On Jan 23, 2015
#NoToElectionPostponement
#NoToElectionPostponement[center]#NoToElectionPostponement[/size][size=8pt][/center]
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by Ebukaokeke5: 2:33am On Jan 23, 2015
The presidential election must hold on feb 14 as scheduled.So must the governoship,senate n house of representative hold as scheduled..
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by segnys007(m): 6:00am On Jan 23, 2015
otijah:
what's the authenticity of this news, we all Know what sahara reporters stands for in this country, whether he loses or not they should know that hell will let loose on this country if GEJ isn't relected
I swear the person wey write this comment na mumu.
Re: Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold by dam007(m): 6:14am On Jan 23, 2015
KwoiZabo:

Here is my take
not ony sharia reporters... Na SHARIRARiA. Reporters! No let me vex enta you this morning o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senator Omo-agege Kneels To Greet Buhari In Aso Rock [VIDEO] / Atiku Congratulates Messi. Nigerians React / Jonathan Arrives Site Of Collapsed Synagogue Church Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.