Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? (34589 Views)

The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / Best Male/Female Newscasters/Presenters on Nigerian TV / Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by mickyarams: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2006
I think checkmate is the best.I don't know if anybody still remembers Magnate,It was on sometime in 1998/1999 on ait.I will be glad if i can get it from anywhere because the series wasn't completed.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by mickyarams: 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2006
Does anybody remember story land story land,

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2006
yes i do

storyland storyland , land of music fun and joy
storyland storyland bring your friends along

TO ALL

check the link i sent it has cips of naija adverts from the past

, Doooooooooooctor i gotta bellyache
i know what u need
u need a tonic for that engine fatigue

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by dominobaby(f): 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2006
Salsera, thanks a million for that link. I'll check it out as soon as possible. Ah! I remember that 'engine fatigue' advert, the best of those days!
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2006
awwwwwwww. good memories. i used to love that advert with the engine oil guy and it went something like
"doctor something something super visco static, something something engine fatigue"
sorry i only rem bits of it but i always sang along when it came on, usually when they were showing commercials in between "bassy and company"! good times sha  grin grin grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Raymand(m): 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2006
Bassi and company kicked ass baby!! smiley
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by gaby(m): 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2006
Willi willi
check mate
behind the clouds
jaguar
samanja
village headmaster
abiku
new masqurade (zebrudaya)

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 1:02am On Oct 04, 2006
@gaby. God bless you for reminding us of those good programs. i just remembered "samanja" that you mentioned. grin omigod its been ages sha. that guy with the funny beard! cheesy
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Raymand(m): 8:29am On Oct 04, 2006
Samanja is not THAT old!. . . tongue
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 9:17pm On Oct 04, 2006
i must be old then because i used to watch it ages agosad
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2006
@raymand

then how OLD is samanja

it sure wasnt shown on tv at least six years ago so anything more then 5 years old is OLD enough

does any one remember TALES BY MOONLIGHT?

and this other guy who would read stories i think it was called storytime
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2006
yeah, storytime with jimi solanke
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by KD69(m): 9:27pm On Oct 15, 2006
mirror in the sun
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 15, 2006
@soulpatrol

yes that's the name Jimi Solanke

someone remind me what was Mirror in the Sun about, i vaguely recall the theme song
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by lafile(m): 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2006
@Raymand
so u remember Willi Willi!!! Damn!!! those were the days

Basi and Company wow! with Basi, Alali, Josco, Dandy, Segi and Madam the Madam all of Adetola Street

Who remembers "House Number 13"?? i can still remember the theme song.

what of koko close

And that class room drama was called 'second Chance' and imitation of the BBC's mind your language

Any waffi or benin peoples out there? remember hotel de jordan

poor thing all this creativity was carried over to home videos
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by uzygirl(f): 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2006
I still remember Madam Kofo from one of those soaps, and her exaggerated head gears.
She was a presenter at one awards night held at Bayelsa state earlier this year, and she lived up to expectation.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by nilla(f): 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2006
do you know what i just noticed. i prefer the quality of those TV programmes to nigerian movies now. sad
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by dominobaby(f): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2006
Nilla you can say that again.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2006
i second and third that motion o grin all we have these days is crap, crap and more crap!
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 22, 2006
i agree with you all

i really dont know what happened? did the military era just kill off creativity- or was it poverty that drove Art underground

@lafile

what was House Number 13?
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Brosgaby: 12:08am On Aug 12, 2007
Can anyone remind me who is Efe in Behind the cloud? I heard Nosa is dead, what a pity!!! angry angry
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by suze(f): 10:26am On Aug 20, 2007
O my God,This brings back old lovely memories as akid growing up.Every body used to watch Nigerian programmes on Nigerian T.V .Then, then there was no DSTV as we have now except those that could afford those mighty sized satellite dishes.Now most children don't even watch Nigerian TV again like before.

Brosgaby:

Can anyone remind me who is Efe in Behind the cloud? I heard Nosa is dead, what a pity!!! angry angry

Efe was Nosa's sister in behind the clouds.Mr Okozunwa's (Zack Amata) daughter.She used to sing in a club.But her father was very strict and didnt like it. Franca Brown was her mother .

Ko-Ko-Ko-KO- close! Mr B is amillionairre and so is Dandy!

Who also remembers Animal games, Junior debate,Kidivision 101(Thats where this crazy presenter on sound city Denrele started from as a kid,He used to act as Dubem there)

I never missed one episide of Behind the clouds or checkmate.Then in school,we even formed a song for Behind the clouds.
"Behind the clouds is the programme i like best,
"Bayo loved Efe, , Kunle loved funmi,

Who also remembers Feyikogbon,omoarayele,gboromiro and alluwe.They used to show these programmes on NTA channel 7 when it was still existing

I also remember the jingles:
"Nigeria is 25, lets join the celebration"
"Me I like my country, I like the land and people, make we join hand to make nigeria better"
Then that Coca-Cola advert:
"I am the future of the world, I am the hope of my nation,I am 2moro's people,I am the new inspiration, And we've got a song to sing to you, we've got message to bring to youuuuuu , we've got adrink for u and 4 me 4 tomorrow,2moro, "

Then that nasco wafers advert,that a pupil was eating wafers in the class and the teacher caught him, collected the wafers .and later ate it!, The song goes like, ("Nasco wafers is so Good, you can't stop eating them".)

Then that Pengo advert: "Pains go quickly with Pengo", ,  (Does Pengo still exist?)
And D PLanta advert("Breakfast time is Planta time, Planta", , (Does Planta still exist?)

Whao I could go on and on!

On Mondays they used to show: News week
      Tuesday: New masquerade
Wednesday:Bassey and Company
Thursday: New Village head master
Friday : Ripples

Then on Sunadys: Sunday Rendezvous and Kessingsheen hit show

I could go on and on on and on!,  Who also remembers
REnta-ghost,Circus center ring, Donny and marie,Hallo Hallo, Invisible man,Jane Eyre, Prince and the pauper,tales of the unexpected

and cartoons like Superted,Dangermouse, Pigeon street,  Oh those good old days!!

2 Likes

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2007
omigod, suze, i just fell in love with you! cheesy grin

SUPERTEEED! SUPERTEEED! SUPTED! with the bad guys Tex and Skeleton. omigod, i watched it every morning in between doing my chores at home.
the coca-cola song was so inspirational. walahi ever since then, i wanted to be in a tv commercial soooo bad. that song always got me going!
i totally remember every one of the programs/songs you mentioned. i was a die hard tv junkie! pls don't even let me start, you've said it all. wow, suze! you be the all-around nigerian girl o.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2007
RENTAGHOST!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 4:36am On Aug 21, 2007
i love rentaghost. i still have the song in my head but cant remember the right lyrics. cheesy wish i could find a channel that shows all those old programs.

remember that old Eco Bank (sp?) commercial. very nice choir-like song. grin and also the maggi kitchen program. damn, good times o! whatever happened to the quality of naija TV? embarassed
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by suze(f): 11:55am On Aug 22, 2007
Yeah again. Who also remembers DR Who
demsey and Makepeace
Fawlty towers
Balla miller show
Moonlighting
P.S I love you
Jake and the fat man

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2007
Jake and the FAT man

o my goodness

and PS I love you they were great!!!
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by doyin13(m): 11:37am On Aug 23, 2007
salsera

men you too much

You remembered mind bending

LOL

You just made my day.

Remember LFK Used to give a short commentary before the actual show began.

@soul patrol

U too jjust made my day. That Vesco advert where at first he is sick then heads to a doctor car for treatment.

Precious I tell you.

But my fave jingle had to be the Nasco one.

'Wake up rise and shine

here comes your day starter

nasco quality cornflakes

so full of nourishing goodness

How about the milo one

Milo papapa papapapa (hand claps)

Milo

Memories grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 7:22pm On Aug 23, 2007
@doyin13. grin you're so funny. your imagination is something else. i remember the milo ad well. grin
i really wish nigeria could go back to making sensible commercials again.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 23, 2007
Ah!That milo advert.Back then,my sister and I used to play with a frisbee while singing the song in it,we'd sing the entire thing,(including the part where there was the sound of hands clapping),before throwing the frisbee. Meeeen, it was such fun,
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by doyin13(m): 10:29pm On Aug 23, 2007
Omo Omo

Super Blue Omo

Washes brighter and it shows grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 23, 2007
doyin13:

Omo Omo

Super Blue Omo

Washes brighter and it shows grin
grin grin

does anyone remember the chocomilo commercial, what a boring party!!, hay! chocomilo kids are here, choco-choco- choco milo , choco milo milo milo, chocomilo chocolaty chunck of fun!!, i really love that one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Trikytee Evicted From Big Brother House / Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” / BBNaija: Efe's Supporters In Delta Queue Up To Collect Airtime To Vote (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.