Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? (34593 Views)

The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / Best Male/Female Newscasters/Presenters on Nigerian TV / Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 23, 2007
what about telematch
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 11:05pm On Aug 23, 2007
telematch was my life! grin wasn't it that colorful game show that they spoke some kind of dutch language? totally had no clue what they were saying but i loved it.
its kinda like nigerians watching indian movies - we dont understand jack but we get the whole story grin
afterall, we do know what chalo, bachau and nahi all mean right? lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by debosky(m): 11:07pm On Aug 23, 2007
telematch was in german, i used to try to count 1,2,go like the host eins, zwei , angfang or something grin

honestly I wanted to be in one of those costumes just fooling around for a living.

my favorite show? Mr B, I just loved to watch that guy with his baseball cap and his harebrained get rich schemes . 'Mr B is a millioniare and so is dandy' cheesy

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by doyin13(m): 11:13pm On Aug 23, 2007
i swear do you guys remember Rainbow hair product adverT that they showed after Aluwe on sundays

It had to be the worst commercial ever.

It went

'After the rain usually comes the Rainbow

If you don't see the rainbow after the rain

Go to your nearest supermarket and purchcase

a selection of Rainbow hair products'

LOL

@DEBOSKY

In Mr B You remember the Madam's refrain to a knck on her door

''Come in if you are handsome and rich''

Memories I tell you

@all

I woke up one early morning and switched to BEN tv here in the UK

Lo and Behold there were showing ICHEOKU.

Can you believe that. Almost brought tears to my eyes
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by debosky(m): 11:15pm On Aug 23, 2007
@ doyin I love the way she drew out the 'and'

come in if you're handsome aaaaand riich! grin

good quality naija tv, you don't get too much of that again. cry

you sef dey watch aluwe before? you be proper razz boy o! cheesy
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by doyin13(m): 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2007
razz for where.

Just Afrocentric grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by debosky(m): 11:21pm On Aug 23, 2007
na oyinbo central you kuku dey, Afrocentric is just the politically correct form of 'razz local boy' grin grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by doyin13(m): 11:26pm On Aug 23, 2007
Who used to watch that Pigeon Street Cartoon

'If you lived on Pigeon Street
Here are the people you would meet
Here are the people you wonna share the sights
the sounds the air''

LOL

AHHHHHH memories

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 11:47pm On Aug 23, 2007
and there's the almighty SESAME STREET. i dont know any naija kid my age that didnt grow up on that thing. i hate when they used to do "number of the day" - they drum that thing into ur head so tay. grin i thot it was for people that were slow.
my fav characters were cookie monster and the count. the count's laugh was hilarious - one, one million bats uawawawawa! and then lighting in the background grin

remember "this is guuuuyyyyyy smiliiiing!", oscar the grouch, olivia, maria, big bird and his friend snuffleufugus(sp?). oh i can go on and on. singing can you show me how to get, how to get to sesame street! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by doyin13(m): 11:59pm On Aug 23, 2007
On Sesame Street
there was this partiular song

'am a baby papa doo doo

papapapa

baby papa doo doo papapapa

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by debosky(m): 12:23am On Aug 24, 2007
grin grin I remember that baby song on sesame street

pidgeon street was also good, if not for shows like dat with correct Queen's lingo, na only pidgin english we go understand grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by doyin13(m): 12:34am On Aug 24, 2007
debosky:

na only pidgin english we go understand grin

u could have had me fooled grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by debosky(m): 12:38am On Aug 24, 2007
smartass! grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by suze(f): 9:46am On Aug 24, 2007
Who also remembers this naco biscuit commercial:
"Nasco Biscuit, king of biscuits, nourishing Nasco, king of biscuits"

Then who remembers: Speed Racer Cartoon(Go speed racer, go speed racer, go speed racer goooooooo, !

Great space coaster and cartoons like:
Bertha cartoon(Bertha, lovely bertha, you're jst a lovely machine!!
Muppet Babies,Fragle rock

Yaeah again who also remembers
Jagua(My belle o, my head o!

Whao old memories! Iuse to love that sesame street song(Who are the people in your neighbourhood)

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by doyin13(m): 9:52am On Aug 24, 2007
The Jagua song

Lai Lai

I no go run away

I go do my best

For my papa land

LOL
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by suze(f): 9:55am On Aug 24, 2007
can anyone remember that Elehant detergent advert with Zebrudaya, New improved elephant blue detergent

Where is comfort Okoronkwo of NTA, I wonder if she's still there. She used to host a lot of childrens parties on TV.

Who also remembers that Dano commercial?, and then the Vitalo commercial(I love Vitalo, Hot or cold!, Everybody loves the drink!

I can also remember radio commercials like " No put eye where u no sabi, your eye go see pepper o,No chop government money, na economic sabotage!

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by doyin13(m): 9:59am On Aug 24, 2007
Do they still do Sunday Rendevouz in Naija? grin grin grin

LOL
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by yewaman1(m): 11:03am On Aug 28, 2007
memories are made of these:

Village Headmaster

Cock Crow at Dawn

Koko Close

Willi-willi

Mindbending.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by debosky(m): 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2007
Sunday Rendezvous grin grin, I can never forget that program, with a dingy night-club and the Limca drinking contests and banners all over the place.

honestly I always wished i could go on that show just to drink the Limca tongue.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by smile4kenn(m): 9:11am On Aug 29, 2007
secrets of the sand, no one but you, the rich also cry, passions
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by yewaman1(m): 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2007
who remembers this tv program from the 70s
the adio family?
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by yewaman1(m): 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2007
who remembers this tv program from the 70s
the adio family? Dallas, space 1999 Sanford and Son, the Jefferson's,
Incredible HULK what else?
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by yewaman1(m): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2007
Mixed Blessings grin cool
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by suze(f): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2007
lady of the rose,wild rose,santa barbara
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2007
dont forget those telenovelas - secrets of the sand, the miser etc
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by yewaman1(m): 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2007
hammer house of horror
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by yewaman1(m): 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2007
hammer house of horror  

tales by moonlite
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Bosdem(f): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2007
I love POT OF LIFE, it is a benin heritage film showed on NTA wink
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by doyin13(m): 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2007
POT OF LIFE

i dont remember the exact details

but only vaguely.

I think it was one of those NAFEST things that
they did periodically

Good memories tho.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Yetunday(f): 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2007
telematch
baba sala
the new masquerade
Secrets of the sand
another life
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Eby(f): 10:57am On Sep 19, 2007
Those old good days
I loved:
Behind The Cloud
Checkmate
Ripples
Sesame Street
Frank Spencer
New Masqurade (Zebrudaya)
Ruth and Rackel (name of movie forgotten)
The Rich Also Cry
Lady of the Rose
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by lafile(m): 11:37am On Sep 19, 2007
Who remembers Kessingsheen Hit Show?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Trikytee Evicted From Big Brother House / Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” / BBNaija: Efe's Supporters In Delta Queue Up To Collect Airtime To Vote (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.