Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,650 members, 7,820,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate (6377 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala's Letter To Jonathan Asking For Permission To Send $300m To Dasuki / Illiterate Is Still Asking Me, I Am Emperor Of the country of Western Nigeria. / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I'll love to see the debate between Sambo and Osinbajo.
you wan kill Namadi Sambo?
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by Jesusloveyou: 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2015
PointB:

You may not, but several people do care.

When you come to equity, you must come with clean hands! Buhari claimed he has certificate, for sake of his integrity, he should provide it.

Actually, his knowledge and intelligence has a lot to do with what that old piece of paper says. That paper has made or mar several people's live in Nigeria. If Buhari had 'forged' that small piece of paper to gain unfair advantage, it invariably convenes more importance on the paper! If it weren't important, he wouldn't have claimed to have it in the first place.

Talking of intelligence, did you see the sort of subject Buhari passed and failed? For crying out loud, what kind of person failed secondary school work work, when he's not even good at maths? What does that say for the intelligence of such individual?

If Nigeria's problem cannot be solved by someone who possesses PHD, what can someone with a 'dodgy' WASC do? You can't give what you don't have!
u can't give what you don't have,gej keep on proving to d world that he don't even have wasc,not to talk of phd.
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by Fortifive: 8:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
Seun:
The certificates issue is absolutely irrelevant. We should focus on their visions for improving Nigeria and their leadership skills and integrity.

Then add a law or ban to that effect. The way some people still hang on this is getting irritating.
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by yomexp(m): 8:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
he never lie,obj even confirm it,that when d matter came up in 2007,they found out,d certificate were with d military board,so overnight d saTANiod went to remove it from his file.no weapon form against buhari shall prosper.
He never even claimed to have a certificate in the first place, i wonder where they manufactured that from.
This is th exact quote from the affidavit that was submitted to inec

“I am
the above-named person and
deponent to this affidavit therein. All
my academic qualifications
documents as filled in my
presidential form, President
APC/001/2015, are currently with the
Secretary, Military Board, as of the
time of presenting this affidavit.

“The affidavit is made in good faith
and for record purpose. The affidavit
is made in good faith and for record
purposes.” http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/30/not-submit-certificates-inec-buhari/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by PointB: 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
^^^

So where did INEC get they WASC included against his name as his qualification? Best you get proper information!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by queencalipso(f): 9:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
maclatunji:

Strawman arguments.

Trying to deflect the fact that asking for Buhari’s certificate when he will never have it because it is lost is at least dubious.
why. Will a. Whole certificate be lost? And since it is lost y didn't he try to get a replacement from his school sinnce he knows he will stiil seek for public office buhari of all people should know the importance of certificate and keep them safe since he is not ready to retire. Pls tell me something else.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by abes(m): 10:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by Babacele: 10:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
talktimi:
jokes apart, deep down within you, you know that Gej will floor Buhari in any debate. The best tactics your APC might consider is to use Osinbajo during the presidential debates and that's even if its possible. Please lets be reasonable here
floor GMB with "how much did Nwobodo stole" oluwole PhD intelligence? that can't make a refinery built by a supposed illiterate work? oya na make we organize d debate if no be only Jona go waka go!

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by Babacele: 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
queencalipso:
why. Will a. Whole certificate be lost? And since it is lost y didn't he try to get a replacement from his school sinnce he knows he will stiil seek for public office buhari of all people should know the importance of certificate and keep them safe since he is not ready to retire. Pls tell me something else.
sweetie, you don't get a certificate reissued easily here but an affidavit ll serve well. you can approach the awarding institution to confirm if the person involved actually passed tru d institution. so what d hoopla is all about? oh I forgot, Namadi Sambo said his certificate is burnt hence he is using an affidavit n APC ain't giving a shi' about it cos its irrelevan' By all standard, GMB is more educated than GEJ.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by cirmuell(m): 10:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
ichidodo:
The certificate issue is as relevant as they come because Nigerians have the right to not only know the plans these leaders have for them but foremost know if these leaders are qualified in character,experience and certification to lead them...Any question mark amongst these attributes can only spell doom for the subjects therefore this certificate matter is (unfortunately due to Buhari's sloppiness) THE most important issue,of the issue based campaign they keep yapping about, on ground right now.
And how is your president with a "PhD" faring?
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by TheFreeOne: 10:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
Seun:

Politicians are known for lying so I don't care about little lies here and there that have no material impact on the way the country is governed. If Buhari doesn't have a certificate, who cares? The man's literacy, knowledge and intelligence have nothing to do with that old piece of paper.

TRASH
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by talktimi(m): 11:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
Babacele:
floor GMB with "how much did Nwobodo stole" oluwole PhD intelligence? that can't make a refinery built by a supposed illiterate work? oya na make we organize d debate if no be only Jona go waka go!
do you understand what you wrote here

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by Descartes: 12:02am On Jan 24, 2015
Buhari should pullover fast and show us the damn certificate.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by Descartes: 12:17am On Jan 24, 2015
maclatunji:

Common sense has become scarce. The painful truth is that a large proportion of the Nigerian population are ignorant beyond redemption. I would not say the majority but if you have 50 million + ignorants in a country, you are in deep trouble.
Contradictory!!
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by maclatunji: 1:00am On Jan 24, 2015
abes:

You call Buhari that lost his certificate an illiterate, what do you call jonathan that lost a land that is as big as Gambia to bokoharam?

Bigotry blinds reason. So how can he see your point or accept if he does?
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by maclatunji: 1:05am On Jan 24, 2015
PointB:
^^^

So where did INEC get they WASC included against his name as his qualification? Best you get proper information!

Not having your certificate doesn't mean you did not attend a school or pass an examination which is the requirement of the electoral law. Buhari has passed the relevant school leaving certificate examination. I have a statement of my result that I use in lieu of my certificate. If you insist on authenticating my education from the institution, you simply go there to ask. If you come to me with this kind of noise, you will get a proper wash-down.

Of course you know this about Buhari but desperately need to argue.
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by Nobody: 1:07am On Jan 24, 2015
abes:

You call Buhari that lost his certificate an illiterate, what do you call jonathan that lost a land that is as big as Gambia to bokoharam?

. . . . . . .we call him "cheerful giver". . . . .dont forget the billions he is dashing out to TANIST
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by abdulwastecx(m): 1:08am On Jan 24, 2015
[quote author=NgeneUkwenu post=30064254]80% of the so called educated people in Nigeria are actually illiterates! I don't blame Fani Kayode, whose job is, to distract the less informed Nigerians from asking his Principal to account for his 6years of economic wastage and insecurity![/quote

I believe it is much higher than 80%
This county is so messed up that you wonder if her inhabitants are animal.

Certificate is only used as a medium to get white collar job here. with all the noise about literacy and certificate, I ask a simple question. ..what has the Phd. holder Jonathan has done?

Jonathan with Phd still behave and act like a retard with little to know intellect.
His wife with Phd still talk like an iterate that can hardly construct a simple sentence.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by maclatunji: 1:10am On Jan 24, 2015
queencalipso:

Because the law does not require it. Would you bother yourself with what you don't need? The PDP is just using the issue as a smokescreen to shield President Jonathan from proper scrutiny. It is what they have left outside of subterfuge and other forms of mischief that will be unveiled soon before, during and after the elections.

Some of the tactics are right out of Adolf Hitler's handbook on propaganda.
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by maclatunji: 1:12am On Jan 24, 2015
Descartes:
Contradictory!!

Nope, you simply don't comprehend it. 50 million is a large population by any standard but in Nigeria it does not constitute the majority of the population. You still want to contend on this?
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by Sunbellar: 1:37am On Jan 24, 2015
Seun:

Politicians are known for lying so I don't care about little lies here and there that have no material impact on the way the country is governed. If Buhari doesn't have a certificate, who cares? The man's literacy, knowledge and intelligence have nothing to do with that old piece of paper.
We need to care. The certificate is the prerequisite qualifications to contest for such an exalted position. A man of your calibre should not be such sentimental. Where is the literacy, knowledge and intelligence without education? Nigeria cannot afford such barbaric leadership in this 21st century.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by omenka(m): 1:49am On Jan 24, 2015
Seun:
The certificates issue is absolutely irrelevant. We should focus on their visions for improving Nigeria and their leadership skills and integrity.
Has Nairaland been hacked again??!! shockedshockedshocked
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by jorlons(m): 6:02am On Jan 24, 2015
maclatunji:

I watched Femi Fani-Kayode yesterday at his press briefing and he made a slip. He acknowledged that he was trying to create doubt when he said "General Buhari's attempt to remove doubt..."

He didn't say "General. Buhari's attempt to prove he has results".

Nigerians disappoint me daily with the quality of or lack of intelligence majority of our people show. I see it in many aspects of our daily lives.
it's not necessarily lack of intelligence. For some its just a lack of critical logical reasoning for others it's just unwillingness to accept the obvious fact because of some personal reasons they may have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by jorlons(m): 6:06am On Jan 24, 2015
talktimi:
jokes apart, deep down within you, you know that Gej will floor Buhari in any debate. The best tactics your APC might consider is to use Osinbajo during the presidential debates and that's even if its possible. Please lets be reasonable here

what are your reasons for saying that? I think he's going to flop esp as he is the incumbent, he may just be forced to be on the defensive. You shouldn't just look at people and write them off unless you've seen them tested before.
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by jorlons(m): 6:18am On Jan 24, 2015
PointB:

I beg to disagree!

The certificate issue bothers seriously on the integrity of the candidate! It has to be dealt with in the most transparent way possible. As it stands, there still matters arising. The one concerned should quickly, and transparently deal with any and all inconsistencies observed. Only then can it be put to rest!

If indeed you think the certificate matter is an issue because of Integrity why are you not demanding answers from GEJ concerning the controversies surrounding his Phd as raised by OBJ. If truly you're non partisan then you'll give me a reply but if you are you would say it is APC who ought to do the asking.

But rememba GMB in his press statement said he is only responding because of his supporters and not because of FFK and co. PDP supporters should mount pressure on GEJ to clear the air about his Phd if he has any Integrity. The last time I checked he was preaching transformation and how do you get that from a man with no integrity.
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 24, 2015
maclatunji:

I watched Femi Fani-Kayode yesterday at his press briefing and he made a slip. He acknowledged that he was trying to create doubt when he said "General Buhari's attempt to remove doubt..."

He didn't say "General. Buhari's attempt to prove he has results".

Nigerians disappoint me daily with the quality of or lack of intelligence majority of our people show. I see it in many aspects of our daily lives.
But FFK is a lunatic which everyone knows.
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by Babacele: 6:47am On Jan 24, 2015
talktimi:
do you understand what you wrote here
absolutely sir. ain't no oluwole graduate.
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by jorlons(m): 7:11am On Jan 24, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Maybe we should throw our constitution into the atlantic ocean. Lying in court under oath is ok as long as you have literacy, knowledge and intelligence
where and when did he lie under oath because from what I got on the news, he was said to have applied to the army based on a recommendation letter from his teacher and from there on it became the responsibility of the army to verify that he had taken the exam before swearing him into the army. The same clearance is required before a bachelors is awarded. If a school fails to do the needful clearance before awarding the degree should we now be blaming the degree holder or will anybody come and accuse me that I used a fake result to get into NNPC when it is the duty of the employer to always do the verification.

If the army never asked for the certificate later-on then it was safe for him to have assumed that he was qualified based on the recommendation alone or if he got in by quota system as many think then we have no right disturbing the man as we all benefit from it.
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by ikwubaba: 7:24am On Jan 24, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Now who's being insincere? WAEC said he can request for a copy. Cambridge University said he can request for a copy. Whay are you saying he can never have it?

What you guys are missing is that GMB will not respond to every silly request. You may as well ask for proof that he wore pant on the days he sat for the same exams. From the foregoings, There is every indication he graduated and sat for the exams. That is all I need. A man does not have to bring out is wife an f..k her in your presence to prove they do it regularly abi?

Your efforts are in vain.
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by jorlons(m): 7:26am On Jan 24, 2015
PointB:

You may not, but several people do care.

When you come to equity, you must come with clean hands! Buhari claimed he has certificate, for sake of his integrity, he should provide it.

Actually, his knowledge and intelligence has a lot to do with what that old piece of paper says. That paper has made or mar several people's live in Nigeria. If Buhari had 'forged' that small piece of paper to gain unfair advantage, it invariably convenes more importance on the paper! If it weren't important, he wouldn't have claimed to have it in the first place.

Talking of intelligence, did you see the sort of subject Buhari passed and failed? For crying out loud, what kind of person failed secondary school work work, when he's not even good at maths? What does that say for the intelligence of such individual?

If Nigeria's problem cannot be solved by someone who possesses PHD, what can someone with a 'dodgy' WASC do? You can't give what you don't have!

ok fine. Lets assume for the sake of this argument that GMB's hands are unclean which other strong opposition party with a clean presidential candidate are you recommending. And I hope you're not about to mention GEJ.

The only reason this issue is still lingering is because some of you didn't accept him from the beginning.
Re: For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate by chukel(m): 7:28am On Jan 24, 2015
berem:
Jonathan is scared of a presidential debate with Buhari that's why his party keeps enlongating the Buhari certificate saga and his eligiblity to contest.
FFK should dare Buhari for a debate with Jonathan and let's see how it goes.
jonathan will not turn up for debate. pdp will say he cannot engage in a debate with an "illiterate". its sad and unfortunate to say but the truth is that so many nigerians are dull and lack basic intelligence. the way people reason is really baffling. no one investigates but feed on nonsense propagander and tenaciously hold on to it. this government propagates ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: See What CNN Is Calling 'breaking News / Former Ekiti Governor, Ayo Fayose Fired The First SHOT After Regaining Freedom / Let's Join Hands To Defeat Insecurity ~ Buhari Urges APC Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.