Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? (11388 Views)

Nigerian Man Surprises His Mother With A Car (pics, Video) / Children Found In The Booth Of A Car At Transamadi Port Harcourt Today / Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? (2) (3) (4)

Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by Etetejake(m): 11:01am On Jan 25, 2015
No woman will give u a reasonabl advice on this matter. Wondering y? bkx they lov flashy things. Just own a car and any girl shall be yours. Buying a land is like booking space here on nairaland, u can always go back to your land to comment later. but a car will continue sucking on your finance for fuel and maintenance. U lost the whole car in the case of accident.
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by CoCoLav(f): 3:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
AZeD1:

Car is not necessarily a liability, the best deals (politics and business) usually occur at night....
Also if you've dealt with "omo onile" in Lagos, then you'll know sometimes its not worth the stress of getting a land when you are not ready to build.

OP, Analyse your financial situation and immediate needs and make a decision.

What kind of deals occur at night? Politics....yes but business....

OP if I were in your shoes...a land it is ooo except its not my money. Get a land, you will be sure of appreciation in value in the next few years. You could build a set of 'face me I face you' and recoup your expenses from rent.
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by corisande: 3:38pm On Jan 25, 2015
Timbuktou:
What the... grin

grincheesy grincheesy
I dey scatter laugh for here
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
corisande:

grincheesy grincheesy
I dey scatter laugh for here
My sister, no be small tin.
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by ohaleoghene(f): 5:17pm On Jan 25, 2015
chai! women and flashy things. op buy a land first ,if you can build on it and put it up for rent. use the money gotten from rent and invest it again into something else. when u have a good stream of ever flowing income then your interest on investment will buy u a good car. to be rich you have to put luxurious life aside first. build your assets first . a car is a liability and social show off. even if u can't build on the land yet ,put it up for rent still . maybe church People or for party use. make sure the land is not left bare. to be an assets it has to generate income. u can always rent it or sell it again . a beg join danfo. hustle now and think of investments. it is poor people who think owning a car makes u rich ,but we the rich know that is not true . shalom !

Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 25, 2015
A plot of land without thinking twice
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by ohaleoghene(f): 5:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
Spicylate:
A Car. coz it will save time, energy and money and with that will be able to purchase a land. afterall, i will need the car to easily move to different locations to sight-see the land i want to purchase.

. so one needs a car to go around to look for a good land to buy ? no wonder men have little respect for women of this generation . no financial intelligence .

Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by Spicylate(f): 6:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
ohaleoghene:

you must be a kid in adult clothing . so one needs a car to go around to look for a good land to buy ? no wonder men have little respect for women of this generation . no financial intelligence . instead of reading "romeo and Juliet " read financial books.
owk. really do not want to argue at all. you've made your point and so have i.

Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by tolutweety(m): 6:58pm On Jan 25, 2015
ohaleoghene post=3012 :
chai! women and flashy things. op buy a land first ,if you can build on it and put it up for rent. use the money gotten from rent and invest it again into something else. when u have a good stream of ever flowing income then your interest on investment will buy u a good car. to be rich you have to put luxurious life aside first. build your assets first . a car is a liability and social show off. even if u can't build on the land yet ,put it up for rent still . maybe church People or for party use. make sure the land is not left bare. to be an assets it has to generate income. u can always rent it or sell it again . a beg join danfo. hustle now and think of investments. it is poor people who think owning a car makes u rich ,but we the rich know that is not true . shalom !

This coming from a lady...excellento! kiss smiley

PS: are you married or single? Just needed to ask undecided
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by bukatyne(f): 7:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
ohaleoghene:

You could have made your point without the bolded

From a guy, not concerned... from a lady, it is a no no

Deriding fellow women doesnot make your points 'sweeter'

Nice POV...

@ OP; Land first
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by AZeD1(m): 7:18pm On Jan 25, 2015
CoCoLav:

What kind of deals occur at night? Politics....yes but business....

OP if I were in your shoes...a land it is ooo except its not my money. Get a land, you will be sure of appreciation in value in the next few years. You could build a set of 'face me I face you' and recoup your expenses from rent.
Sales and marketing.

To all those who say land first, try getting a job in sales first then see which you'll do first.

The land is an "asset" and car is a "liability" is not as straight forward as people are making it out to be.

Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by CoCoLav(f): 7:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
AZeD1:

Sales and marketing.

What are you selling and marketing in the night?

I only know of one profession whose business thrives more at night. Is that what you mean? grin angry

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. Sales and marketing could be quite stressful and you need to be mobile to ease the stress but at the end of the day its all part of the hustle and struggle. Having an alternative source of income (in this case the land maybe after letting it out) is better than a car that sucks from the same salary its getting you. You buy fuel, pay for repair, buy parts....etc
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by tolutweety(m): 7:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
bukatyne:

Nice POV...

@ OP; Land first

'cos she is a lady shouldn't stop her from stating the obvious.What law prohibits you from that ? undecided
Everyone knows 'most' ladies love flashy things and comfort more than any other thing. sad

She wasn't deriding her gender for personal reasons, neither was she doing it to score cheap points.She stated with conviction her points from her own perspective .

Nice POV .

Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by CoCoLav(f): 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
tolutweety:

'cos she is a lady doesn't shouldn't stop her from stating the obvious.What law prohibits you from that ? undecided
Everyone knows 'most' ladies love flashy things and comfort more than any other thing. sad

She wasn't deriding her gender for personal reasons, neither was she doing it to score cheap points.She stated with conviction her points from her own point of view .

Nice POV .

Tolu Tolu!

Defender of the ladies universe grin grin

Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by bukatyne(f): 7:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
tolutweety:

'cos she is a lady shouldn't stop her from stating the obvious.What law prohibits you from that ? undecided

She wasn't deriding her gender for personal reasons, neither was she doing it to score cheap points.She stated with conviction her points from her own point of view .

Nice POV .

OK advocate
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by tolutweety(m): 7:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
bukatyne:

OK advocate
Yes ma'am !
Glad we 'r on the same page now. smiley

CoCoLav:

Tolu Tolu!
Defender of the ladies universe grin grin

If i dont defend ma ladies ,who will ?! undecided
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by bukatyne(f): 7:42pm On Jan 25, 2015
tolutweety:

Yes ma'am !
Glad we 'r on the same page now. smiley

If i dont defend ma ladies ,who will ?! undecided

Nope We are not on the same page

However the important thing is for us to advice the OP well cheesy
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by AZeD1(m): 7:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
CoCoLav:

What are you selling and marketing in the night?

I only know of one profession whose business thrives more at night. Is that what you mean? grin angry

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. Sales and marketing could be quite stressful and you need to be mobile to ease the stress but at the end of the day its all part of the hustle and struggle. Having an alternative source of income (in this case the land maybe after letting it out) is better than a car that sucks from the same salary its getting you. You buy fuel, pay for repair, buy parts....etc
Seriously at the bold part?

Every time you see a company sponsored show, there are sales people on duty.
Now how many shows end before 10pm?

Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by tolutweety(m): 7:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
bukatyne:

Nope We are not on the same page

However the important thing is for us to advice the OP well cheesy

...And that we just did ! cool

Mind breaking words over wine to be on the same page ? smiley
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by CoCoLav(f): 7:59pm On Jan 25, 2015
AZeD1:

Seriously at the bold part?

Every time you see a company sponsored show, there are sales people on duty.
Now how many shows end before 10pm?

Well...never gone for those type of shows so I don't know what time they end but I get the kind of shows you are talking of...those 'till mama calls' shows.
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by ohaleoghene(f): 8:07pm On Jan 25, 2015
bukatyne:

Nice POV...

@ OP; Land first

I didn't intend to make any woman less . that is a factual truth that most women are more concerned with materials than to wait for long time investment . check the post of all the women above me ,they all went for car. let's call a spade a spade. it is when we women begin to scold ourselves that we will man up.
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by AZeD1(m): 8:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
CoCoLav:

Well...never gone for those type of shows so I don't know what time they end but I get the kind of shows you are talking of...those 'till mama calls' shows.

Yeah.
Under normal circumstances, buying a land is the best thing to do but when is everything ever normal.

We have a tenant who hasn't paid rent for 3 years and I know all the problems associated with land in Lagos.
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by ohaleoghene(f): 8:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
tolutweety:

erm erm coughs ...Lol i'm single!
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by ohaleoghene(f): 8:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
tolutweety:

erm erm coughs ...Lil I'm single!
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by CoCoLav(f): 8:35pm On Jan 25, 2015
AZeD1:

Yeah.
Under normal circumstances, buying a land is the best thing to do but when is everything ever normal.

We have a tenant who hasn't paid rent for 3 years and I know all the problems associated with land in Lagos.

Lol...I get your point

But I still don't agree. I still plan to buy a land first.

Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by AZeD1(m): 8:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
CoCoLav:

Lol...I get your point

Buy one for me too!!!!!
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by CoCoLav(f): 8:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
AZeD1:

Buy one for me too!!!!!

He he he! The money won't be enough for two tongue
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
CoCoLav:

Lol...I get your point

He is yet to explain whether or not having a car will bring in more contracts or sales. A car in this case is not a necessity if you can perform your job without it though much more difficult.

@tolutweety

It is entirely different when some of us as in ladies prefer reality shows to National Geographic. But choosing a car above a land in Nigeria is plain stupidity.

Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by CoCoLav(f): 9:11pm On Jan 25, 2015
Justfollowit:

He is yet to explain whether or not having a car will bring in more contracts or sales. A car in this case is not a necessity if you can perform your job without it though much more difficult.

@tolutweety

It is entirely different when some of us as in ladies prefer reality shows to National Geographic. But choosing a car above a land in Nigeria is plain stupidity.

I think what he is trying to say is that it improves efficiency due to the fact that you get to meet more targets when you are mobile and possibly your job satisfaction improves when you are comfortable.

Its the difficulty he is talking about.

I still think a car isn't a necessity and I always discourage my friends from taking that step. A car is not an investment unless its one of those antiques that are sold at higher prices as the years go by.
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
CoCoLav:

I think what he is trying to say is that it improves efficiency due to the fact that you get to meet more targets when you are mobile and possibly your job satisfaction improves when you are comfortable.

Its the difficulty he is talking about.

I still think a car isn't a necessity and I always discourage my friends from taking that step. A car is not an investment unless its one of those antiques that are sold at higher prices as the years go by.

OK
Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by Raymie(m): 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2015
@OP, do yhu plan on developing the land in the near future either via business/residence? If yhu'intend buying land like all of us hoping to sell it at a much higher profit, welcome to the club of overpriced real estate and unwilling buyers. However if the purpose of yhur car is to oppress yhur neighbours and yhur exes, then yhur priorities need re examining. They are both assets and liabilities. The only difference is that one is fixed and the other not. BTW, so we know, the land location here is most likely not one in Lekki/VI or Gwarimpa/Maitama. Prolly in one obscure location that requires at least 3 motorbike trips buh still manages to sell above 1m with the perpetual hope that it will increase in value sooner than later

Re: A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? by AZeD1(m): 10:11am On Jan 26, 2015
Raymie:
@OP, do yhu plan on developing the land in the near future either via business/residence? If yhu'intend buying land like all of us hoping to sell it at a much higher profit, welcome to the club of overpriced real estate and unwilling buyers. However if the purpose of yhur car is to oppress yhur neighbours and yhur exes, then yhur priorities need re examining. They are both assets and liabilities. The only difference is that one is fixed and the other not. BTW, so we know, the land location here is most likely not one in Lekki/VI or Gwarimpa/Maitama. Prolly in one obscure location that requires at least 3 motorbike trips buh still manages to sell above 1m with the perpetual hope that it will increase in value sooner than later
You just hit the nail on the head.

What Are Your Last Minute Christmas Shopping Items? / Cheating Husband Refuses Wife's Request For STD Test / How To Honour Your Partner’s Need

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59