Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,935 members, 7,952,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:36 PM

Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle (4594 Views)

'Taking Fanta, Sprite With Vitamin C Is Poisonous' - Court Orders NAFDAC To Warn / 50-Year-Old Man's Joystick Amputated After Using Bottle As Intimacy gadget / Particles In My Fanta Drink. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by Piyke: 5:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
Hello all, was just about giving my young son a bottle of Fanta (from the stock bought during Dec. 2014) when I noticed the unopened bottle had Black sediments and that there were black stains on the inside of the bottle.
How can NBC be putting people at risk like this? I still have the unopened bottle.
I strongly believe I deserve some compensation. Any advice? Pics to follow
Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by Piyke: 5:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
The bottle upright

Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by Piyke: 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
The bottle upside down proving it's unopened. All the black you're are seeing are inside!

Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by Piyke: 5:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
Close ups

Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by Piyke: 6:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
Another close up

Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by Mutuwa(m): 6:08pm On Jan 24, 2015
Well..i dnt think u can lay any claim.not up and till you'v unknowingly must have consumed it and as a result of dt fell into some sort of illness.
Look up this locus classicus case plz
Donoghue V. Stevenson. Its a valuable touchlight for your situation.

Regards. smiley

1 Like

Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by Jakumo(m): 6:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
Drink the particles. It is just rat chit, which is actually beneficial to consume.
Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by Piyke: 6:30pm On Jan 24, 2015
People should just be careful, the pictures don't even show the hundreds of debris floating around.

What if I had given it to my child without looking?
Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by Jakumo(m): 6:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
Piyke:
People should just be careful, the pictures don't even show the hundreds of debris floating around.

What if I had given it to my child without looking?

On a serious note those particles might even be poisonous. I stopped drinking the occasional Nigerian beer years ago when I found SAND inside a bottle of Gulder beer.

If I need to eat sand, I will go and dig some up to eat since it is free, but I certainly won't be ready to PAY for a sand and beer mixture.
Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by achinaboy(m): 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
1998 i was drinking with my friends in ijesha lagos around 8 in evening,and i felt something like a sand,and i stopped and turnd my stout upside down and i found out that my small stout was half mud mix with sand,what a world so sad
Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by Piyke: 9:10pm On Jan 24, 2015
Seriously considering reporting to NAFDAC, but I think I'll call NBC' s help line and make the complaint first
Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by PapiWata: 7:29am On Jan 25, 2015
Piyke:
Seriously considering reporting to NAFDAC, but I think I'll call NBC' s help line and make the complaint first

Because this sort of contamination is rampant in Nigeria, I would suggest that you consider suing the soft drink company to court with a competent lawyer, who will argue that you actually did consume a bottle of tainted drink bought at the same time as the one pictured here, with the result that you have developed severe intestinal pain that has cost you dearly in medical bills, which can be established by a cooperative doctor that you might know.

A lawsuit demanding a token 5 million naira product liability damages would not be out of place in this instance, given that SOLID evidence can be presented by way of the sealed bottle in your picture, and no, I am NOT joking with this suggestion.
Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by eightsin(m): 10:17am On Jan 25, 2015
Report to consumer protection council. But I'd still advice you contact NBC first
Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by SalC: 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2015
PapiWata:

Because this sort of contamination is rampant in Nigeria, I would suggest that you consider suing the soft drink company to court with a competent lawyer, who will argue that you actually did consume a bottle of tainted drink bought at the same time as the one pictured here, with the result that you have developed severe intestinal pain that has cost you dearly in medical bills, which can be established by a cooperative doctor that you might know.

A lawsuit demanding a token 5 million naira product liability damages would not be out of place in this instance, given that SOLID evidence can be presented by way of the sealed bottle in your picture, and no, I am NOT joking with this suggestion.
I had a similar case last November, with one of the popular energy drinks around. Well in my case, the product which was supposed to be sweet turned out to be as bitter as bitter leave water that I threw up just by merely sipping it once, but was never hospitalised, I reported to the company and so far they have confirmed the lot number and production date and time to be from them, the last time they sent me mail, the lady incharge of the case said she will meet with the stakeholders to know what they will do next, that was after the content spilled when I sent it to them. Though I still have enough pictures both when I sent it to them and the ones they sent me confirming they received the parcel.

Well it's been one month since they replied me last and someone said I should sue them for food poisoning, and negligence and all what not. Funny how things happen in this country.
Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by PapiWata: 12:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
SalC:
I had a similar case last November, with one of the popular energy drinks around. Well in my case, the product which was supposed to be sweet turned out to be as bitter as bitter leave water that I threw up just by merely sipping it once, but was never hospitalised, I reported to the company and so far they have confirmed the lot number and production date and time to be from them, the last time they sent me mail, the lady incharge of the case said she will meet with the stakeholders to know what they will do next, that was after the content spilled when I sent it to them. Though I still have enough pictures both when I sent it to them and the ones they sent me confirming they received the parcel.

Well it's been one month since they replied me last and someone said I should sue them for food poisoning, and negligence and all what not. Funny how things happen in this country.

You would have done better to head straight to a lawyer who would have fined a lawsuit against the drink selling company. By approaching the company directly, you effectively foreclosed any chance of suing the crap out of them in order to rake in a few million naira for your trouble.
Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by SalC: 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
PapiWata:

You would have done better to head straight to a lawyer who would have fined a lawsuit against the drink selling company. By approaching the company directly, you effectively foreclosed any chance of suing the crap out of them in order to rake in a few million naira for your trouble.
Lol I have been in touch with a lawyer all along, but, well that was after I notified the company,

Am reluctant about the suing though, I only got angry kind of when they seem slow with the investigation.

I couldn't have just headed to the court without notifying the company, could I?
Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by PapiWata: 1:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
SalC:
Lol I have been in touch with a lawyer all along, but, well that was after I notified the company,

Am reluctant about the suing though, I only got angry kind of when they seem slow with the investigation.

I couldn't have just headed to the court without notifying the company, could I?

Hell yes you could have sued without personally notifying the defendant company. Your lawyer would have issued that alert notifying them of the litigation targeting them, at a time of his professional choosing.

The company has ZERO incentive to address your serious complaint, and while they stalled and delayed any tangible action, they must surely have been thanking their lucky stars that you did not have the foresight to unleash a ferocious Pit Bull attorney on their aszes.

Now that you have taken a do-it-yourself layman's approach to the matter, it may well be too late to involve a lawyer, though there is no harm in speaking with a legal practitioner, and showing them any correspondence from the company that you may have, IF, the company was in fact careless enough to commit to writing anything that could potentially implicate them.
Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by SalC: 1:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
PapiWata:

Hell yes you could have sued without personally notifying the defendant company. Your lawyer would have issued that alert notifying them of the litigation targeting them, at a time of his professional choosing.

The company has ZERO incentive to address your serious complaint, and while they stalled and delayed any tangible action, they must surely have been thanking their lucky stars that you did not have the foresight to unleash a ferocious Pit Bull attorney on their aszes.

Now that you have taken a do-it-yourself layman's approach to the matter, it may well be too late to involve a lawyer, though there is no harm in speaking with a legal practitioner, and showing them any correspondence from the company that you may have, IF, the company was in fact careless enough to commit to writing anything that could potentially implicate them.
Cool, well I was more concerned about knowing what went wrong than making money out of it.

Like I said, I still have lots of evidence, even a sample of thesame product stored as the lawyer directed. And am almost sure I can still sue them if I want, but my annoyance now is mostly for their delay and negligence than for their bad product.

I just feel like putting it up here so that someone may learn a thing or two from the contributions.

Thanks bro.
Re: Black Floating Particles In Unopened Fanta Bottle by Aceheadarmani: 11:22am On Feb 22, 2018
I have a bottled teem with a visible mucur in it... Its unopened... I had given 7up bottling company enough chance to show up... Today is the last day anyway for them... Any thing I can do

(1) (Reply)

Doctors In The House I Need Urgent Help / Endometriosis,adenomyosis,polycystic Ovarian Cyst Story? Or Fibroid / Sandpaper Leaves - A Powerful Medicinal Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.