Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

What Is Next For Ribadu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Next For Ribadu (1331 Views)

PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch / Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu / Pdp Thrashing Acn In Lagos, Its All Over For Ribadu And Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2008
cre8tivity:

you must be kidding.

No I am not. I see a country where illegal promotion has become the norm. I see a country where fathers (in power) groom their sons/siblings to take over by playing the people to get to where they need to go, no matter what it takes. Over 60% of the promotions in that country are not of merit, so in this case, I would like for you to give me the reason why you believe his is ILLEGAL and should be considered more important than the others.

Your president just released his list of ministers last week and I am interested in knowing how and why you are so particular about this case being illegal and all. I mean even the president (who is going after Ribadu) we have today was sold you by the same “corrupt” government. So, sure I am not kidding when I ask you for proof of claims you made above. I would very much like proof from you.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by Moves: 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2008
Creativity, u r creative in dodging ? The greatest beneficiary of OBJ corruption is Yardua ala Do or Die election, Meanwhile thanks for sharing that u r an abuja insider, people tend to protect where their bread are being buttered especially in nigeria,
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by Muza(m): 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2008
Sober grin

Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 4:02pm On Dec 25, 2008
again, let us ask ribadu whether he knew anything about the importation of voting machines and ballot papers, and you'll see how quick he disappears.
utmost power, a lot of money, top security personnel and a list of few names to be brought down. what else is left? i honestly don't see any big deal, any idiot could have done the dirty job without any problem. i also believe that ribadu was promoted twice in less than 3 months. in reality, it takes up to 8 years for an officer of ribadu's level to get those 2 promotions. but ribadu accepted the promotions without any hesitation, to polish up his ego. a decent man would have advised mr president to slow down a bit. i was also informed that ribadu thought yaradua administration was going to bless him with an igp position for all the illegalities that he intentionally did not investigate during the 2007 presidential election process.
ribadu treated the vp of this country, the man that introduced him to the limelight, like an animal. he went against the constitution to severely punish a sitting vp, all because he wanted to impress obasojo for another illegal promotion. ribadu went too far and crossed the line, all for his own indirect benefit. it is impossible to fight corruption with corruption. and just in case you did not know, ribadu did attempt to relocate to uk under the premise of nigeria fg was after his life, but he was rejected.
if your hands are not dirty, how come mr ribadu refuses to answer few questions?
if nobody is above the law, how come mr ribadu continues to break the rule of law?
if mr ribadu is such a great police man, how come he intentionally steps on the rules and regulations and disrespects all his seniors in force?
if it is all about nigeria as our country, how come mr ribadu refuses to report to duties for many weeks with out any explanation?
if it is about fighting corruption to the last drop of blood, how come mr ribadu attempts to run to uk, under a false premise?
the truth is: it is stupid and ridiculous to conclude that ribadu did a great job without fully understanding what really went down during his time as the chairman of efcc. how could a student be accurately judged without a report card?
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by GettysBurg: 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2008
@ creativity,

I understand your plight.

I have observed that you are close to one that was 'dealt with' by Ribadu. Obviously, you can only be offended with the young, brilliant officer.

No amount of reviling can change the facts. Ribadu goes down (or UP!) in history as the [b]symbol [/b]of nigeria's anti-corruption fight. His impact on the anti-corruption war was evident. No one can take that from him.

It is only normal to have anti=corruption heroes suffer what Ribadu has gone through. In fact, if all remained well with him, i would have been convinced he was a fake crusader.
All the current happenings only point to the fact that he was for real.

At least, we all know the Mafia, in their hey days. And Nigeria is very much a mafia state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why We Kidnapped 3-year-old Boy - Suspect / Cnn's Best Article Ever On Nigeria: The Booming Nigerian Hip Hop Industry / The New Republic Of Nok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.