Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy (61040 Views)

The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. / D’banj’s Manager To Olamide: 'Stop Stealing Our Songs' / D’banj Says Dr SID Caused Mo’hits Break Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Isuata: 4:14pm On Jan 31, 2015
My Broda or Sista, you too much. You hit it right on the money. Childish delinquents are what this people and most of their fans here are. The ability to think and reason objectively divulge of bias and sentiment is lost on a whole lot of them and its an incursion from the way the society is or has been. Its th reason governance in Africa is treated like family bi as Dbanj asserted.
The Mo'hit brand would have being a massive business to birth other music bineses that would give proper direction in the music industry but heck these things happen.
But as a BI i still see massive potential in both f them coming togeda as biness partners under Mo'hits. The drama they have caused in the industry can be milked and mined to gain them 10 times what they lost back then. In 1 year they can reclaim Africa back abd in 3years clear out Europe and be on their way to North America to properly put Naija music on the global map and make money from the American market. But hey, thats if they see it and the people around them see it. Its purely a simple model. Objectivity is key people- celebrity and Fans alike. As a people we need it to progress. Its what some people call capitalist mindset but its how to be better as a people and as a country.

Just to be petty

i watched both parts of the video. The dbanj brand is bigger than all the Mavin put togeda. The only Artistes right now whose brand can surpass Dbanjs are: Wi kid, DavidO, Olamide,Phyno and thats if the right business management is behind them guiding their every step. They seem to forget how big the biness is and Africa just started to erupt!

Dbanj as a musician is irrelevant in Nigeria. He only has had 1 hit on the streets to hes name, songs like: top of the world, bother me, are not street anthems. But make no mistake, it can be remedied if when he decides to put the love of hes fans above hes world domination drive. All he needs is to broker a deal with jay to produce songs and he would make hits.

But one thing to note is, dbanj as a business man is doing alot better than Mo'hits and Mavins put togeda. Lets not kid ourselves, you dont make bogus hype statements with brands like Apple etc. that he got a semblance of a deal like Dre from apple is a big stride. We keep crucifying him of pursuing hes dream becos hes not giving us d kind of music we know him for (which is understandable) but we shldnt wish him bad, we should encourage him

I salut donj too. hes an artist at producing, a genius and i beliv he works hard to be better. Without a Mo'hit movemnt, with dbanj's drive and ambition in it, it will take him years before he gets to that international acclaim hes looking for(except hes not looking for it) by then, he would have grown old-iam not dissing, its just objective statistics.

I wish both of them well and hope the love of money, leadership in the music biness in Africa and legendaty strides will drive dem both back togeda to be under a music house umbrella with the same name mohits or somtin better.

They are both doing well. Dbanj is far from broke. don j is d best producer to come out of Africa and hes not resting, hes becom an artiste dt is doing well too and pushing hes label.

stop the hating and beefing. Encourage these guys in the right manner so they can make us proud!!

bros na yu make me talk oh. nice words.
playboy19:

My brother, A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for. It was meant to sail.

Music is a global language and entertainment transcends tribe, gender, religion and age. Music is a global thing. Moreover, if Awilo could make it in Nigeria, that should tell you there is always a market for any type of music anywhere, considering you do your homework properly.

I, as a businessman will never in my life fault anyone taking big risk at growth and expansion as long as it is a well calculated risk and i dare say that the risk D'Banj took was a very very beautiful one from a business perspective and i really respect him for that. Prejudice aside, the only reason why the whole deal kinda crumbled was because they let Mo'Hit go. It was a big big mistake. This grave mistake worth to be taught in our schools.

If we all dissect the situation from a business perspective, we'd all see that they would have made tons and tons of money. D'Banj would have made money, so was The Don, but the one that would have made the biggest money was Mo'Hit the company and the brand. The brand was already enjoying global popularity as at the time the Good Music deal rumor broke out and imagine the kind of exposure 'Oliva Twist' would have given the Mo'Hit brand.

Fast forward to 2014-2015, billions of dollars are rolling into the country through FDI and foreign investors in the music industry will be looking at a local partner to roll with, and who else would it have been if not with the biggest music house in Africa. Mo'Hit. Record companies would have been falling over themselves in other to get the Mo'Hit business. This would have been their time to make massive money but damn, they threw millions of dollars out the window. Now, Mavin is barely recognized outside the country and DB Records is almost none existence, so there's little to no way investors would seek them out. Where do you think Dangote is getting all the money he is investing from? How do you think all these Investment companies are seeking him out? Simply cos he is the biggest on the continent. This is what would have happened to the Mo'Hit on the continent. Continental domination through their global popularity and exposure, but hey, they all didnt see it that way. They allowed emotions to becloud their senses. They could have at least sold the company, damn it. Nobody builds such magnitude of a company, the biggest on the continent, wake up one day and decide to shred it up. The brand was very admired, cherished and popular on the continent.

Finally my brother, no matter how expensive a venture is, as long as the ROI is higher than the overhead, then you have a good business at hand. They are both to be blamed though. What they did was purely childish and out-rightly stupi!d.
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by princejayboss: 10:06am On Feb 06, 2015
rahazaqa:
help yourself and help your Family first before helping stranger. and stop doing like mad person around the Internet because of Dbanj.

Just make a pick, i will take care of the expense... You need a life out of Nigeria
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
Tydies:
Maybe Don Jazzy was right undecided the cost of living in New york is too high and its really having an effect on D bang cuz right now that Niccur called d bang is as broke as hell..he can't even pay his staff anymore #OgaTitus
bro 4get dose impression don jazzy is makin d public get of him,he is no saint n i learnt he can be greedy in his subtle ways
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
Mayany:
UMM IS TONTO STILL SIGNED TO DB RECORDS?
lmao,if d head of label don broke na d dichead no go hide herself?
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2015
alaoeri:

A broke guy keeps on organising shows (Dbanj 10th year anniversary kick start next week with the likes if Amber Rose & Blac Chyna coming) while those that ain't broke can't even organise a concert, do the math.
i wonder bro,n it still shuders me dat dbanj still get more shows dan all mohit artistes combine n broke ass niggaz still assume he is broke
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Sambaby7640: 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
allanphash7:
Why wont he be kicked out, Afterall hes now being singing and campaining for GEJ while the whole world want CHANGE, SMH 4 d'banj

#TEAM APC
#TEAM CHANGE
#TEAM BUHARI/OSINBAJO
How market?

So you're one of those that caused naija this pain abi?
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by allanphash7(m): 8:44am On Nov 22, 2019
Why are you bringing this now
Sambaby7640:
How market?

So you're one of those that caused naija this pain abi?
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Sambaby7640: 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
allanphash7:
Why are you bringing this now
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by allanphash7(m): 5:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
Who are you sef
Sambaby7640:
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Sambaby7640: 6:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
allanphash7:
Who are you sef
Son of God
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by allanphash7(m): 8:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
Okay o

Bye bye
Sambaby7640:
Son of God

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naira Marley- Am I A Yahoo Boy Lyrics (with English Translation) / Rudeboy - 'Take It' Video Featuring Mercy Eke / Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page