Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,350 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy (61035 Views)

The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. / D’banj’s Manager To Olamide: 'Stop Stealing Our Songs' / D’banj Says Dr SID Caused Mo’hits Break Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
Themandator:

Dbanj is broke.... Even his rent is a bit of challenges, right now.

Amber is coming through him for some clients...Why is dbanj still talking about MO hit when other including the small boy wande has moved to on?
See you,he was interviewed on THE TRUTH, and he needed to explain everything. U calling Wande small boy,.lol.. even Tiwa who is the best in Marvin is not talented and doing good compare to wande.
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
princejayboss:

Man stop this if you do not know the truth... This Dbanj guy is wrack... I was on same private flight him to Holland last two weeks and it happened we stayed on same hotel... This guy is broke
u mean Holan in ur village?.. lol.. mumu.

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
David0:

U b mumu, how well do u know Dr Sid, na ppl like una dem go gossip give una go just take side. U just heard from D’banj den it's OK to condemn Dr Sid? Na wa...
I just think D’banj made a wrong business decision. Don Jazzy was wise enof to c d bigger picture. If D’banj's Bro wud turn his back on him, u shud know thrs a lot D’banj didn't say here. He shudnt blame anyone but himself, d fact he's not admitting he made a mistake for not listening to d boss, shows his pride. But we all know his situation now.
No. Dbanj was the boss and he is still the boss.Dbanj is bigger than the whole Marvin you know. even jazzy knows,that is why they are beefing.
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by pendulumdarky: 2:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
Edusouls:
liees,don jazzy single handedly made d banj out of nothing, he was picked from the streets as a nobody, d banj caused his woes, firm and money entered his head, the london shows he went to alone and never informed don jazzy nko? the kanye west invitation to come and collab with him blew the guy's brain away,he felt he was on top of the world, he now sees mo hits as a lowly thing.. kanye west later dumped him,he has no where to fall back on, pride goes before a big fall....

You are talking trash , will you ever know don jazzy without dbanj?

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by pendulumdarky: 2:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
Tydies:
Maybe Don Jazzy was right undecided the cost of living in New york is too high and its really having an effect on D bang cuz right now that Niccur called d bang is as broke as hell..he can't even pay his staff anymore #OgaTitus

dr sid is a fucking hater..no wonder his career will never grow... and for the financial shit, we all know its all rumours..They claim he cnt even pay his staffs.So tell me how he was able to pay AMBER ROSE to come down to Nigeria.. You haters are all fucktards
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by pendulumdarky: 2:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
mrofficial:
Please also watch the video.

Below is an excerpt from the interview.

http://www.36ng.com.ng/2015/01/26/dbanj-explains-how-he-was-kicked-out-of-mohits-records-by-don-jazzy/

D'banj is one of the few artist who believes in himself. Its hard to let go what you ave invested in so much.How mohit made money and most of the endorsements came from d'banj, Don jazzy played the nice guy and made dbanj look so bad same way he did with wande coal. I know one day the whole truth will come out. Don jazzy is not as humble as people think.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by eleshin(m): 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
pendulumdarky:

D'banj is one of the few artist who believes in himself. Its hard to let go what you ave invested in so much.How mohit made money and most of the endorsements came from d'banj, Don jazzy played the nice guy and made dbanj look so bad same way he did with wande coal. I know one day the whole truth will come out. Don jazzy is not as humble as people think.
GOD Bless you for this!

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Fawklicant: 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
Dbanj is ma niqqa anytime. I like the dude's personality. He might have made a few mistakes in his career, but hey! We are all humans and prone to mistakes. In your business life you must make quite a few bad decisions but that is what propels you to find other ways to move higher. I know the niqqa would bounce back someday, somehow. It may not even be music, it could be anything. All those trying to take sides, I pity una. It is obvious y'all have never done business before. I like Don Jazzy too, but the fact that he might be having it rosy now doesnt mean his former protege wont.

In my opinion, Dbanj cannot be as broke as people make him out to be. Niqqa is still balling hard and I like him for that. If truly that oga titus song was all about Dbanj, then I must say that was very very very...low coming from Don jazzy. Then I'd be pretty disappointed in Jazzy. Well in this race of life, time is the only constant factor. Time reveals all, Time heals all wounds.

DBanj, keep shinning bro! You have an infectious personality, use it to your advantage.

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by cahrym(m): 3:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
alaoeri:

A broke guy keeps on organising shows (Dbanj 10th year anniversary kick start next week with the likes if Amber Rose & Blac Chyna coming) while those that ain't broke can't even organise a concert, do the math.
May God bless you
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Themandator: 3:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
rahazaqa:
See you,he was interviewed on THE TRUTH, and he needed to explain everything. U calling Wande small boy,.lol.. even Tiwa who is the best in Marvin is not talented and doing good compare to wande.

Wande coal compared to dbanj is a small boy and he has moved on... I'm not comparing him to Tiwa... Besides, wande coal is no where near her in the international scene.... Americans don't throw celebrity jobs at just anybody... Ever en dbanj didn't get quarter the opportunity, with his carte Blanch cheque to his promoters, Tiwa had on her merit while in America.

Dbanj would not be granting this nonsense interviews if he made it.... He should just focus rather than be dwelling in issues from four years ago.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Themandator: 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
pendulumdarky:

dr sid is a fucking hater..no wonder his career will never grow... and for the financial shit, we all know its all rumours..They claim he cnt even pay his staffs.So tell me how he was able to pay AMBER ROSE to come down to Nigeria.. You haters are all fucktards

His career is not where it should be but definitely it is not where it used to be.... One thing : He has a home and a wife, a responsible man, a house to his name, paying mortgage not rent and expecting a child from a proper marriage... Not baby mama or harlots

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Themandator: 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
golddeejay:
there is a possibillty that dbanj offended him but he shd have talked it out with him like a brother. Never underestimate wat jealousy n envy can cause btw friends...even brothers. Just dey assume sha, na dem sabi

Dbanj interviews was at the root of the issues : he would go and claim ownership of the label and that everybody there works for him then come back here to deny the statement.... He had option of picking between MO hit and koko brand and he settled for the obvious while don jazzy shut MO hit thereby foreclosing any possibility of reunion.

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by David0(m): 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
rahazaqa:
No. Dbanj was the boss and he is still the boss.Dbanj is bigger than the whole Marvin you know. even jazzy knows,that is why they are beefing.

Dey there they hype, I don't think u hv listened to his interview, if u hv, u wud hv bn able to tell d boss btw them, even though they were business partners. D’banj kept claiming to b a business man in d interview, but I think if he's really a business man, then he must b a blind one who lacks foresight. Don Jazzy frm wat I deduced frm d interview is d decision maker, he's d natural leader, if he says no, every other person must agree, not because he's a dictator, but because he's more intelligent n sees beyond wat d others see wen it comes to music business. Frm D’banj comments, u ll easily tell who d boss is. D’banj case is a case of youthful exorbitant.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by cococandy(f): 4:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
plainmirror:
“Oga Titus is too pompous, you wan try us,
now money don lost, boys are very big boys,
you don Bleep up, you wan form boss, kasala
don burst, where is oga Titus
You take night bus to come Lagos, you go
campus, girl are very surplus, you no hint us,
you wan com flex, now money don loss…”
that song is lame anyways
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
David0:

Dey there they hype, I don't think u hv listened to his interview, if u hv, u wud hv bn able to tell d boss btw them, even though they were business partners. D’banj kept claiming to b a business man in d interview, but I think if he's really a business man, then he must b a blind one who lacks foresight. Don Jazzy frm wat I deduced frm d interview is d decision maker, he's d natural leader, if he says no, every other person must agree, not because he's a dictator, but because he's more intelligent n sees beyond wat d others see wen it comes to music business. Frm D’banj comments, u ll easily tell who d boss is. D’banj case is a case of youthful exorbitant.
I don't have time to read all this story what I know is that dbanj is now bigger than them. he is the real boss
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 26, 2015
Themandator:

Wande coal compared to dbanj is a small boy and he has moved on... I'm not comparing him to Tiwa... Besides, wande coal is no where near her in the international scene.... Americans don't throw celebrity jobs at just anybody... Ever en dbanj didn't get quarter the opportunity, with his carte Blanch cheque to his promoters, Tiwa had on her merit while in America.

Dbanj would not be granting this nonsense interviews if he made it.... He should just focus rather than be dwelling in issues from four years ago.
Tiwa making it in the international scene than Dbanj? . what a joke. na who know her?.. lol.
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Themandator: 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
rahazaqa:
Tiwa making it in the international scene than Dbanj? . what a joke. na who know her?.. lol.

Find her story, online... That lady has been a backup singer and writter to some of America's biggest names.. Type Tiwa savage and America into Google

If she couldn't make it in America, then dbanj stands no chance... We're talking about someone properly schooled in the art as to be making lyrical contribution to Mary j Blige songs
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Themandator: 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
rahazaqa:

SHE WAS A TROMBONE PLAYER for her school's orchestra band. Savage had a healthy upbringing; she grew up in a multicultural setting due to her migration from Nigeria to the United Kingdom, and from the United Kingdom to the United States. AFTER GRADUATING WITH A DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION from the University of Kent, Savage started working at The Royal Bank of Scotland.[10] She did backup vocals for George Michael at the age of 16, and lent vocals to other musicians such as Mary J. Blige, Chaka Khan, Blu Cantrell, Emma Bunton, Kelly Clarkson, Andrea Bocelli, and Ms. Dynamite, among others.[6][9] Furthermore, she has performed on stage with Sting, 50 Cent, The Black Eyed Peas, Eminem, Robbie Williams and Destiny's Child, to name a few.[6]

Savage enrolled at Berklee College of Music and graduated with a degree in professional music at the age of 27. While reminiscing about her experiences there, she said she was motivated by the drive and passion of the younger students. She also said she needed the school's atmosphere. Savage spoke briefly on the challenges musicians face during their transition from backup to lead, and said that artists face more scrutiny when their performances are mediocre. Her business background has helped her fully understand the scope of the Nigerian music industry. Savage spoke about her business background and said that her level of professionalism does not make her susceptible to deception.[10]

In 2006, Savage participated in the UK edition of The X Factor and advanced to the final 24 while attending the aforementioned music school.[9] While participating in the popular music competition franchise, she had difficulty dealing with the limelight. "You have to always realize that people are watching. When I got the bad news that I wasn't getting through [to the final 12] it was a really painful time. But you still have to learn how to hold that until you get home. Because you don't want to just let everything out. People admire you and want to see that you're strong; they don't want to see you breaking down" said Tiwa.[10]

In 2009, Sony/ATV Music Publishing signed Savage to a music deal. The deal solidified her to write for Babyface, Kat Deluna, Fantasia Barrino, Monica and Mýa. She has received songwriting credits for her contribution to Monica's soul-tinged ballad "Catch Me". Moreover, her collaboration with Fantasia on the song "Collard Greens & Cornbread" earned the American recording artist a Grammy nomination in 2010. Savage wrote Jaicko's "Oh Yeah", featuring Snoop Dogg, and Kat Deluna's "Push Push", featuring Akon and David Guetta. In as much as she likes writing for other artists, she finds writing for herself more rewarding. Savage performed background vocals on Whitney Houston's album I Look to You (2009).[10]

In December 2011, she co-hosted the second season of Nigerian Idol alongside IllRymz. Moreover, she made her film debut with Joke Silva and Ireti Doyle in the stage adaptation of For Coloured Girls. Savage became the first African female artist to be associated with the Pepsi brand after signing an endorsement deal with them.[10]

3 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by tunjidachosen(m): 5:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
I tried to just read comments and move on to the next story but so many stupid and senseless comments won't let me. First, d summary is a very inaccurate one so you will do urself real good if you watch d interview urself. Interview is abt d truth and Dbanj saying all those things was not even convenient but he had to say it
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by tunjidachosen(m): 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
Eeeya, haters sorry but d truth be say the brand Dbanj is still bigger than Mavin combine.
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by tunjidachosen(m): 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
Dbanj would not be granting this nonsense interviews if he made it.... He should just focus rather than be dwelling in issues from four years ago. [/quote] heeeyyy na wa o! Mosquito even get sense pass dis one
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
brixton:
This is my plot and it's not for sale

Modified.

Dbanj need move on from this break up cod Jazzy already did and is doing wonders with diff artists.

Dbanj himself agreed that he changed, what cud he have done to have made jazzy say he will change any radio station that airs dbanj' voice ? It means Dbanj must have really hurt JAzzy coz we all know Jazzy is a peaceful person.

He should meet Jazzy and make peace... It's very obvious he needs Jazzy more than ever before!
Obvously,D'banj has moved on....The Show iscalled"The Truth"u don't expect him to start tellin lies na.....atleast he told his own part of the story which I feel is the best....
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Themandator: 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
pendulumdarky:

What do you mean there is no beat endorsement.. Even beatbydr dre official twitter twitted abt dbanj being their ambassador.. so wtf are u sayng?

They didn't... They only congratulated him on his tenth year anniversary and then welcomed him to the family of those with the exclusive luxury earpiece... The video dbanj surprises Africa is on YouTube

Despite all hypes to make it look like endorsement the white guy made it clear that of all their clients it was him that ask for this special gold and they have delivered, he collected and in his usual manner resorted to gimmicks and theatrics

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Tinyemeka(m): 6:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
Yawns. ..
undecided

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
. . .
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by AdemolaA2: 6:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
alaoeri:

A broke guy keeps on organising shows (Dbanj 10th year anniversary kick start next week with the likes if Amber Rose & Blac Chyna coming) while those that ain't broke can't even organise a concert, do the math.
I feel u bro....D'banj remains soaring higher and higher while haters keep hating . no sentiments here .the dude is doing well no doubt!!!
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Tinyemeka(m): 6:28pm On Jan 26, 2015
pendulumdarky:

What is Amber Rose?
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by whitecat2: 6:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
Thanks jare! Let the blind, deaf and dumb e-rats keep throwing tantrums over D'banj who is in the class of his own, and unmatched in nigeria among the new artists.
alaoeri:

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by whitecat2: 6:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
Very believable Eja Nla! Envy killed Mohit! And to those of you wishing them back together, may you return to your vomit and past.
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by amparas(m): 6:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hahahahahahaha
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by whitecat2: 6:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
Right! And they spent sand to organize it? Remember, no one will burrow him money since it's out there that he's deliquent on his loans and broke, and no financial house would take a fall or gamble when they don't know what the return will be. D'banj is not broke!
mcdokwe:
to raise money, don't you think so?
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hmnn..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rudeboy - 'Take It' Video Featuring Mercy Eke / Naira Marley- Am I A Yahoo Boy Lyrics (with English Translation) / Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.