Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD (4976 Views)

What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
Amhappy:

Loloooooo you made me laugh as if you read my mind. Well i will not stop reading your stories because i love them. I wish you will tell me why you stopped believing. The word "stopping' instead of "questioning" is really an issue for me. If you question what you believe in,maybe you will find answers but never stop. Enjoy your weekend.

pls dont stop being my fan and my friend becasue of my believe, that will be like persecuting me and discriminating. I will never think otherwise of u because of what ever you believe. I stopped believing becasue of a series of tragic events i went through. It made me reevaluate my believe and start asking questions. i learnt to stop allowing religion to control me and have never been this happy.

i wish people can allow themselves to be liberated from this unreasonable dogma called religion and Christianity. for the first time i have experienced innermost peace and i mainly come here to make fun at those who used to be like me.

trust me... i am still a nice guy... our different in believes will not make me treat u otherwise, but christianity will definitely make u think twice about me... that is one of the dangerss of religion.

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Amhappy(f): 12:52am On Feb 07, 2015
frank317:

pls dont stop being my fan and my friend becasue of my believe, that will be like persecuting me and discriminating. I will never think otherwise of u because of what ever you believe. I stopped believing becasue of a series of tragic events i went through. It made me reevaluate my believe and start asking questions. i learnt to stop allowing religion to control me and have never been this happy.
I wont stop being your fan and friend because of your belief,I respect that. I will not discriminate against you either. However, don't you think that making fun of other people beliefs is wrong. I must confess that those posts put me off a bit(i felt the sarcasm). What you passed through must really be tragic for you to take such a strong position. You decided to take control of your life because you felt there is no Heavenly Daddy watching out for you or caring about you,i feel you Frank. And you found peace in yourself because you no longer have to hope or be vulnerable to an unseen God. Well being a Christian is different from being religious. I know you are a nice person,please continue to be. I hope that some day you will experience a new peace in Jesus. I will not think otherwise about you because of what you believe. But i will be glad if you stop making fun of those who used to be like you. We all have the right to choose.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by 5minsmadness: 1:21am On Feb 07, 2015
frank317:

i wish people can allow themselves to be liberated from this unreasonable dogma called religion and Christianity. for the first time i have experienced innermost peace and i mainly come here to make fun at those who used to be like me.

trust me... i am still a nice guy... our different in believes will not make me treat u otherwise, but christianity will definitely make u think twice about me... that is one of the dangerss of religion.
I see.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 10:34am On Feb 07, 2015
Amhappy:

I wont stop being your fan and friend because of your belief,I respect that. I will not discriminate against you either. However, don't you think that making fun of other people beliefs is wrong. I must confess that those posts put me off a bit(i felt the sarcasm). What you passed through must really be tragic for you to take such a strong position. You decided to take control of your life because you felt there is no Heavenly Daddy watching out for you or caring about you,i feel you Frank. And you found peace in yourself because you no longer have to hope or be vulnerable to an unseen God. Well being a Christian is different from being religious. I know you are a nice person,please continue to be. I hope that some day you will experience a new peace in Jesus. I will not think otherwise about you because of what you believe. But i will be glad if you stop making fun of those who used to be like you. We all have the right to choose.

OK... I will not make fun but I will argue and ask rebuttal questions when I feel the need. Why? Some statements made by Christians are outright annoying and makes me feel I should dig into their sense of reasoning and find out why they are so shallow.
That's life, we will disagree but not hate each other

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Amhappy(f): 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
Thats Ok but be open minded to answers ooo.
frank317:

OK... I will not make fun but I will argue and ask rebuttal questions when I feel the need. Why? Some statements made by Christians are outright annoying and makes me feel I should dig into their sense of reasoning and find out why they are so shallow.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
Amhappy:
Thats Ok but be open minded to answers ooo.

Yes dear... I will b open minded
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Hiswordxray(m): 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2015
frank317:

And yet you claim you have peace...
Be true to yourself, you are suffering from bitterness and other issues.
Someone with peace will not go around attacking others.
My friend you need help and God loves you.

Please don't turn this into an argument, I'm just saying my own OOOO... lipsrsealed
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Hiswordxray(m): 7:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
Some of the post I have read in this tread just want to make me cry.
It's amazing how loving God is.
There is nothing like God's love.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 10:47pm On Feb 07, 2015
Hiswordxray:

And yet you claim you have peace...
Be true to yourself, you are suffering from bitterness and other issues.
Someone with peace will not go around attacking others.
My friend you need help and God loves you.

Please don't turn this into an argument, I'm just saying my own OOOO... lipsrsealed

I have peace now than when I was a Christian or when I believed in God. Open ur ears and hear me, if u don't... U will life a false life for the rest of ur life.

Truth to my self? I am suffering from no bitterness of any issue. Seriously? Why should I? i think you are the one suffering from strange curses from your bible.

Did I attack you? How? If you make false statement and I rebut it... How does that mean I attack you? I think you have a mental disorder and need help.

Yes, you need help... Seriously. If your God has not helped you think straight, then you need to let him go. U need to let imaginary things go, please.

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Hiswordxray(m): 11:30pm On Feb 07, 2015
frank317:

I have peace now than when I was a Christian or when I believed in God. Open ur ears and hear me, if u don't... U will life a false life for the rest of ur life.

Truth to my self? I am suffering from no bitterness of any issue. Seriously? Why should I? i think you are the one suffering from strange curses from your bible.

Did I attack you? How? If you make false statement and I rebut it... How does that mean I attack you? I think you have a mental disorder and need help.

Yes, you need help... Seriously. If your God has not helped you think straight, then you need to let him go. U need to let imaginary things go, please.
I am satisfied because Christ is all. He is more than enough for me.
I am like a thirty person drinking from a water fall. God is all sufficient.

But you are suffering, deep down you are hurt. But being angry with God won't solve the problem.

God Loves You...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 7:24am On Feb 08, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I am satisfied because Christ is all. He is more than enough for me.
I am like a thirty person drinking from a water fall. God is all sufficient.

But you are suffering, deep down you are hurt. But being angry with God won't solve the problem.

God Loves You...

I just realized he does not exist. Its not an anger thing bro... Its a new awareness that's all. Trust me, I am not angry OK? The next time you say I am angry I will take is as an insult and insult you back.

I love myself. No God loves anybody, that's my point.

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Hiswordxray(m): 11:56am On Feb 08, 2015
frank317:

I just realized he does not exist. Its not an anger thing bro... Its a new awareness that's all. Trust me, I am not angry OK? The next time you say I am angry I will take is as an insult and insult you back.

I love myself. No God loves anybody, that's my point.
Then why does it look like you are angry?
Why are you pouring out your anger on Christians?

My dear be true to yourself and admit that you are hurt. You are suffering and it OK, God loves you.
You may have misunderstood Him before but now I am here to help.
Tell me what is hurting you, tell me how God had wrong you.

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hiswordxray:

My dear be true to yourself and admit that you are hurt. You are suffering and it OK, God loves you.

So can you quote something I said that made you think I am angry?

I will refrain from insulting you for now even though you insult me by saying am suffering. I can be rude too, trust me, you will nor like that side of me.

Yet I am curious to know what I said that made u think am angry. Perhaps u just noticed I was angry at d stupidity of u Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Hiswordxray(m): 3:24pm On Feb 08, 2015
frank317:

Some statements made by Christians are outright annoying and makes me feel I should dig into their sense of reasoning and find out why they are so shallow.
Why would you feel annoyed at some group of people talking about their faith without any statement directed at you.
It shows you are angry with God.

So tell me, what did God did to make you so angry?

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Why would you feel annoyed at some group of people talking about their faith without any statement directed at you.
It shows you are angry with God.

So tell me, what did God did to make you so angry?

Are u for real? I enter in a bus and some dumb guys preach publicly and says anyone who does not believe in God is a fool and will go to hell. I was sleeping in my house and a lady doing morning cry woke me up with her noise, condemning everyone who does not believe in her religion and saying all manner of rubbish. Its annoying to hear such stupidity all day. The same things goes for peeps on Nairaland. U expect me not to react when I can type and when I have enough data? Is that how measure anger against your God? Is the world yours? Are you guys even Keeping to yourselves?

I can see you have a thick skull filled with foams. You are just a big fool for thinking I am angry with a nonexistent God. You would do anything to have everyone join you in ur stupidity of worshiping and nonexistent God right? Unfortunately for you I can't be that dumb.

Am allergic to bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Hiswordxray(m): 5:15pm On Feb 08, 2015
frank317:

Am allergic to bullshit.
Is that what you tell yourself?
Do you really believe you are allergic or deep down you are scared and crying for help?

Anyway the people in this tread didn't say anything that should annoy you neither did they wake you up. Then why are you venting your anger here?

2 Likes

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 7:23pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Is that what you tell yourself?
Do you really believe you are allergic or deep down you are scared and crying for help?
Anyway the people in this tread didn't say anything that should annoy you neither did they wake you up. Then why are you venting your anger here?

Yes, that's what I tell myself and your likes, I am allergic to bullshit.

Scared of crying for help? Help from who? You or your nonexistent God? Both of u are fools.

What anger really? I have asked you to show me what I said that shows I am angry, but you can't, yet u stupidly just keep on repeating I am angry. Can't u just see u are a big fool?

If you make foolish statement and I ask you a question or say its false, does that make me angry at ur nonexistent God?

I am here to make u see how foolish u are or to make others see it(because u seem incapable of seeing u are plain dumb.) So bring it on. I like ur type.

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Elevation(m): 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
Esiri111 I know Him.He is the BEST entity that can ever happen to a mortal, do you know i really enjoy the AUTHORITY IN JESUS IF YOU GO SPIRITUAL YOU'LL KNOW MY BROTHER SEE TONIGHT U CAN START EXPERIENCING THAT AUTHORITY CALL ON HIM JESUS IS EVERYWHERE I TELL YOU DO YOU KNOW HE SMILES TOO HE FROWNS SEE HIM AS A PAL OO.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by 5minsmadness: 9:51am On Feb 09, 2015
Hiswordxray:

A wise person once told me:
If different people are telling you something about yourself, no matter how absurd it sounds, pay attention to what they are telling you.

I told frank before that he sounded like a spiritually frustrated individual and he took it as an insult. All his posts against christians reek of frustration and vexation and a need to lash out. There are other athiests here, some are silly but some are mature. Not all of them go around saying hurtful words but frank here. I dunno.

I think he projects what other christians have done to him in his posts. Also his disappointment in the tragedies in his life has made him bitter. I genuinely wish I could reach him cos I have read his books and i luv em and he seems like an ok guy. But I cant.

Maybe he should read about the guy who wrote the song 'this world is not my own, I'm just passing thru'. And what brought about the inspiration for that song.

Frank317 some people have pointed out your bitterness. In all sincerity it is not in a bid to insult you pls. Just sha take heart.

2 Likes

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by johnydon22(m): 10:51am On Feb 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

If different people are telling you something about yourself, no matter how absurd it sounds, pay attention to what they are telling you.

I told frank before that he sounded like a spiritually frustrated individual and he took it as an insult. All his posts against christians reek of frustration and vexation and a need to lash out. There are other athiests here, some are silly but some are mature. Not all of them go around saying hurtful words but frank here. I dunno.

I think he projects what other christians have done to him in his posts. Also his disappointment in the tragedies in his life has made him bitter. I genuinely wish I could reach him cos I have read his books and i luv em and he seems like an ok guy. But I cant.

Maybe he should read about the guy who wrote the song 'this world is not my own, I'm just passing thru'. And what brought about the inspiration for that song.

Frank317 some people have pointed out your bitterness. In all sincerity it is not in a bid to insult you pls. Just sha take heart.
Dont you hear yourself?
making assumptions about someone and claiming its true...
Frank have never accused or assumed you of being intellectually frustrated because assumptions is a big fallacy in an argument.

Their is nothing like bitterness, frank might be a militant atheist but he only wishes to engage you guys in an intellectual argument not assumptive riddled assertions that are preposterous.

You assume someone spiritually frustrated even when the person is fully aware that their is nothing like spirit to him.
and you expect him not to get offended?

What if he assumes you intellectually frustrated wont you get offended too?

Seriously people you guys should always employ intelligence in ur arguments and not always assumptions, assumptions and assumptions... habaaa

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by tuagbo: 11:16am On Feb 09, 2015
johnydon22:

Dont you hear yourself?
Frank have never accused or assumed you of being intellectually frustrated because assumptions is a big fallacy in an argument.

Their is nothing like bitterness, frank might be a militant atheist but he only wishes to engage you guys in an intellectual argument not assumptive riddled assertions that are preposterous.

You assume someone spiritually frustrated even when the person is fully aware that their is nothing like spirit to him.

Seriously people you guys should always employ intelligence in ur arguments and not always assumptions, assumptions and assumptions... habaaa
What they were doing to "Frank317"is called "Projection".They are merely projecting their own "spiritual frustrations," anger and bitterness on "Frank317".They truly believe they are smart but they aren't.These "religious" folks are just too simple-minded.That's why I don't participate in any "back & forth" with them.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by 5minsmadness: 12:13pm On Feb 09, 2015
johnydon22:

Dont you hear yourself?

Sigh
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by 5minsmadness: 12:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
tuagbo:
What they were doing to "Frank317"is called "Projection".They are merely projecting their own "spiritual frustrations," anger and bitterness on "Frank317".They truly believe they are smart but they aren't.These "religious" folks are just too simple-minded.That's why I don't participate in any "back & forth" with them.
Lol @ projection. So I use projection and you use the word too. Beginning of another argument.

A lot of 'projection' goes on in this section from both sides. Most of you guys (christians and atheists) just go about attacking each other for the flimsiest of reasons. I suppose it is to be expected in an anonymous forum.

Anyway. Like I said, everybody to his/her choice.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2015
johnydon22:

Dont you hear yourself?

Thanks Mr John. He uses abusive words on me because I don't go with his beliefs. And when I say I an allergic to bullshit he wouldn't understand what I mean.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 1:16pm On Feb 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

I am not surprised because this is someone who just assumes there is a man somewhere in the sky who loves him and even provide food for him. Assuming I am spiritually frustrated wouldnt be that hard for you would it?

Pls do me a favour... Just point out one of my posts that made you assume I am bitter, angry and frustrated.

Like Johnny said, I intend to go into intellectual argument with u but all you do jump the gun and run away with the exxuse that I am bitter, yet you can't quote one post that shows I am bitter.

I was having a discuss with you and I was simply telling you if the creator wants to reach or if he exists and communicates with me, I will know and would not doubt him. If the creator exists I will be too small not to follow his instructions when he wants me to. This is one reason I am sure that whoever you are worshiping in not the creator. I am yet to see anyone who had had contact with the creator hence my doubt of his existence.

You ran away from that discuss with an OK and went ahead to conclude I am bitter and spiritually frustrated.

If you have read my books you will understand I am not a shallow person. I am a very deep thinker and don't just take any information in without questioning. But to you that attitude means I am frustrated. You will like me better if I stop thinking and asking questions and just accept in your religion, something I find hilarious.

If you were following me in literature section, you would notice I was writing a story when my fiance died. Its one of the tragedies i went through. I went through the pain alone and it made me ask certain question about our existence. I discovered a lot and realized that religion is bullshit. And like I always saw... I am allergic to bullshit.

Frank3.16

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
Esiri111:
As a Christian Why Do You Believe in This Truth of GOD.

Life comes from a pre-existing life.

The existence of our universe must issue from a supernatural power.

In short it makes no sense to say there is no God, unless that person's brain isn't working.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by 5minsmadness: 1:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
frank317:

I am not surprised because this is someone who just assumes there is a man somewhere in the sky who loves him and even provide food for him. Assuming I am spiritually frustrated wouldnt be that hard for you would it?

Pls do me a favour... Just point out one of my posts that made you assume I am bitter, angry and frustrated.

Like Johnny said, I intend to go into intellectual argument with u but all you do jump the gun and run away with the exxuse that I am bitter, yet you can't quote one post that shows I am bitter.

I was having a discuss with you and I was simply telling you if the creator wants to reach or if he exists and communicates with me, I will know and would not doubt him. If the creator exists I will be too small not to follow his instructions when he wants me to. This is one reason I am sure that whoever you are worshiping in not the creator. I am yet to see anyone who had had contact with the creator hence my doubt of his existence.

You ran away from that discuss with an OK and went ahead to conclude I am bitter and spiritually frustrated.

If you have read my books you will understand I am not a shallow person. I am a very deep thinker and don't just take any information in without questioning. But to you that attitude means I am frustrated. You will like me better if I stop thinking and asking questions and just accept in your religion, something I find hilarious.

If you were following me in literature section, you would notice I was writing a story when my fiance died. Its one of the tragedies i went through. I went through the pain alone and it made me ask certain question about our existence. I discovered a lot and realized that religion is bullshit. And like I always saw... I am allergic to bullshit.

Frank3.16

You have a very condescending attitude and I don't have the patience for it. I was discussing with you and you kept using words that as far as i was concerned was insulting. You are the one that kept using the words fool and imaginary god and many other words that I cannot remember now. Also.you are never satisfied no matter the answer that is given to you and then you start talking about 'intelligent discussions'. You are very condescending. Discuss with those that can stand it. If you want to talk in a decent manner instead of being provocational then I will definitely discuss with you.

I know when you wrote the key and when you fiancee died. I wasn't a member of Nairaland then but I felt for you and a lot of folk told you sorry. I knew it was from there you started questioning God . I've read cyberlover and reincarnation. It just pains me that someone as brilliant as you in your stories can turn to insulting other people's beliefs just cos you don't believe in it anymore. I even answered you when you talked about wether wearing artificial hair was a sin and even there your answers to.others was arrogant. If you are angry with God sort it out with him. Don't come to a thread where people are praising God to say your bullshit and think you are making fun and you think it is nice. It is shameful. I am only responding cos I thot you were someone I could look up to once.

Av spoken my mind you can curse me out now.

2 Likes

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by 5minsmadness: 2:02pm On Feb 09, 2015
frank317:
I look at the womanliness of a woman in wonder and say... What being could create such a magnificent sweetness if not God.

If earthly pussssyyy could taste this great, then [b]heveanly holes [/b]would be fantastic
This is your first post on this thread. If you don't believe in God in the first place then this thread does not require your input. But since you quoted I guess you do believe in God. Unless of course you were just beimg sarcastic.

Secondly this is an obscene post. Why put it here where people are praising God? Why spoil the mood of the thread from the beginning?
My phone wants to go off. Dont worry, I'll be back.

3 Likes

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by johnydon22(m): 2:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
Their is no evidence that their is a god. not zeus, allah, yahweh or horus etc...
All we have is mythical ancient writings and impossible fables very peculiar to the culture that this god or gods are exclusive to.

Now some people might see it ok to Believe (conviction that something is true without empirical evidence) any of these ideas (gods) and fables by faith dismissing the others as we have seen in the cases of christians believing in.yahweh and not allah and muslims doing the reverse.
Though both religions just believe by faith their respective god ideas.

Now atheism entails not having a conviction that something implausible is true even though their is no evidence for it.

So believing something implausible as true does not and can never make it true..

We ask theists to provide evidence for their respective God even though we know that they have none.

You may choose to believe the jewish myth, or arabic myth or greek myth..that is good for you but we call it myth as it is and nothing more...
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by LadyX(f): 2:31pm On Feb 09, 2015
frank317:

Frank3.16

Hi Frank,
I like the first bolded part. One day God will reveal Himself to you.
@ the second bolded part. I can relate with that. Sometimes, we go through very tough times that we doubt the existence of God. We ask ourselves, "If God trully exists, why did He allow it to happen?"

I did not quote you to prove how wrong, or right you are. I just want you to know that it's perfectly normal to feel how you are feeling. I hope one day you will encounter God, and you will believe that He trully exists.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by johnydon22(m): 2:38pm On Feb 09, 2015
LadyX:

Hi Frank,
I like the first bolded part. One day God will reveal Himself to you.
@ the second bolded part. I can relate with that. Sometimes, we go through very tough times that we doubt the existence of God. We ask ourselves, "If God trully exists, why did He allow it to happen?"

I did not quote you to prove how wrong, or right you are. I just want you to know that it's perfectly normal to feel how you are feeling. I hope one day you will encounter God, and you will believe that He trully exists.

Peace

Dear tell us how you encountered him/her/it..

Was this encounter just in your mind?

Or did you actually perceive/encounter it/him/she in your conscious self (with your senses)

And thinking someone's disbelief is due to difficulties is totally wrong..

disbelief starts from question like How, why and seeking knowledge based on facts and not belief
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Amhappy(f): 2:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
frank317:

If you were following me in literature section, you would notice I was writing a story when my fiance died. Its one of the tragedies i went through. I went through the pain alone and it made me ask certain question about our existence.
Frank3.16

This was the tragic incident that changed your life. I hope you get healed some day.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Create Magickal Servitors To Serve You / A Very Good Pentecostal Church In Abuja / Islam’s Proof That Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.